The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #51
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

I think James Mangold didn't want to do film If he had to worry about the other films taking place after The Wolverine.

The Wolverine If suspose to the equilvent of Iron Man for the combined X-Men/FF fox marvel universe.Keeping first Class and X-men trilogy In line.And Days of future Past Is
their equilvent of the Avengers.

everyone wants to divorce themselves from Origins.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #52
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
It takes place after X3. Mangold confirmed that recently in an interview. I think they're just moving away from the spinoff movie altogether.
But according to JP, Millar says The Wolverine movie will be like what Iron Man was for Marvel which you know . . . started up the build to THE AVENGERS.

Which would mean that for instance there would be things in The Wolverine that hint at the next X-Men movie . . . just saying.

Honestly I'm happy with this idea. I hate prequels and I want stories to MOVE FORWARD not back. I want progression. I mean let's say Wolverine's on vacation in Japan and he runs into some mutant trouble? Makes sense. That's what happens in the comics all the time.

I think putting it back in the present and not having it be set in the 70's or 80's or worrying about all sorts of other prequel nonsense was a SMART move.

Prequels generally suck.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #53
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
If that's the case then there would be obvious nods in this movie to set up or hint at DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.
...Which is exactly why we've already had a rumor of a Famke Janssen cameo [which, if I had to guess, I'd say will occur at the film's conclusion]

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
JP
Smelly

Quote:
If that's the case then there would be obvious nods in this movie to set up or hint at DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.
That seems to be the plan, though Jack and Danny are also right about it also being a way to avoid anymore continuity nonsense. Easy to go foward than it is to stay in between.

EDIT: Just saw tat you acknowledged all that in your last post. LOL.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #55
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

If this leads into a TRUE X-Men 4 with the Phoenix returning and I mean the ACTUAL Phoenix and showing us the PHOENIX FORCE that we saw the silhouette of in X-Men 2, then I say go Bryan Singer go!

If not I can probably deal. But regardless, please try and repair the damage of the X-Men 3 garbage Bryan. You owe it to us for leaving to go do Superman.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #56
psyonic
X-Man

I hope it's her rising from her grave with full on Phoenix effect.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #57
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
But according to JP, Millar says The Wolverine movie will be like what Iron Man was for Marvel which you know . . . started up the build to THE AVENGERS.

Which would mean that for instance there would be things in The Wolverine that hint at the next X-Men movie . . . just saying.

Honestly I'm happy with this idea. I hate prequels and I want stories to MOVE FORWARD not back. I want progression. I mean let's say Wolverine's on vacation in Japan and he runs into some mutant trouble? Makes sense. That's what happens in the comics all the time.

I think putting it back in the present and not having it be set in the 70's or 80's or worrying about all sorts of other prequel nonsense was a SMART move.

Prequels generally suck.
Here's the stuff from Mangold regarding where The Wolverine is set to take place. So, take that as you will.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ports-20121025

Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #58
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Honestly this could be Logan's only purpose for the movie. But since this is Fox we are talking about, I kind of have a feeling they don't want to bring back Jackman as Wolverine just to have him get fried and be in a tube as a skeleton for the rest of the movie.

But hey maybe this is going to be like killing Ripley, Hicks, Newt, etc. in Alien 3 .

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #59
JP
Smelly

I'd imagine they'd save the "Everyone dies" part of DoFP for the climax of the film.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #60
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
But hey maybe this is going to be like killing Ripley, Hicks, Newt, etc. in Alien 3 .
I saw Alien 3 in the movie theater on opening night. The audience booed at that.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #61
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:

Honestly this could be Logan's only purpose for the movie. But since this is Fox we are talking about, I kind of have a feeling they don't want to bring back Jackman as Wolverine just to have him get fried and be in a tube as a skeleton for the rest of the movie.

I don't think Fox cares if his in a tube for most of the movie, as long as they can have Jackman, Ian, and Stewart out promoting the film like it's X4.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #62
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Well I suppose it was inevitable that Wolverine would be in the movie, I just hope they use him sparingly, and that he stays in the future scenes.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #63
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
This is a FIRST CLASS sequel.
Why don't people (including the DOFP crew apparently) get that?
It's a follow-up! It's a sequel to FC and the continuation of X1-X3. And I couldn't be happier. To me, this was the most brilliant thing they could come up with the put new life into the franchise.

I am a HUGE fan of FC and I was positive throughout production. BUT even I don't care for anyone in that movie besides Xavier, Mags, Mystique, Emma, and to a lesser extent, Beast.

And if they were only going to develop that new X-Men team, I fear the movie wouldn't have gained much of an audience. This way, the new team cast gets a boost from the old cast and the franchise can be continued. Everyone wins!

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 AM   #64
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

If Wolverine is the main character in this movie and he has his solo movie too wouldn't this be too much for movigoers?I use to like him,but he is in too many movies.

GoldGoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #65
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Plus, The Wolverine is set after X3, so there is no doubt they want to move forward with the X-Men franchise. I can see them continuing the franchise with an official X4, X5 and concluding the FC timeline in DoFP, but who is say they're not going to have mutants brought to the future from the FC era.
I can't see why they'd want to move forward with X4 and X5 when most of the actors/characters in that time period are not getting any younger, including Hugh Jackman. You could maybe bring the younger actors from the FC era, but why go to that trouble anyway? Why not just leave them where they are and maybe introduce the young Jean, Scott etc.?

Plus, if DoFP is a continuation of X3, and the X1-X3 films eventually come to a dark future with Sentinels and prison camps, where the heck does it leave that timeline and all its characters (especially if they end up dying there)? That's kinda not a nice way to send off your beloved characters.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #66
Octoberist
point blank

X3 didn't do any favors to some of our beloved characters.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #67
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Yeah but not all of them at once. It's not like the idea is that the future mutants take down the Sentinels and all is good again, otherwise there'd be no necessity to go back in the past.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #68
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

It feels like were getting two solo Wolverine movies.

Last edited by GoldGoblin; 11-29-2012 at 05:26 AM.
GoldGoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #69
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

The cast has only one woman: Jennifer Lawrence.I want several girls, I bored the Avengers, only had a Black Widow.

My list is this:

Famke Janssen

Halle Berry

Rebecca Romijn

Anna Paquin

Ellen Page

January Jones

Rose Byrne

Mei Melancon

Kea Wong

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 11-29-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #70
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosswind Ghost View Post
It's great to be excited about an X-men film again, not since post-x2 have i been this giddy about the possibilities. I'm not much of an avengers guy, X-Men has always been #1. This film definitely trumps the marvel phase films by a mile when talking my anticipation.
Hell yeah. With the return of Singer, the great source material and the returning cast, this film is doing absolutely everything that could possibly entice me. This could very well combine the very best bits from First Class and the original films, the cast is fantastic.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #71
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
The XMFC cast is going to be so secondary in this film it's like they won't even be there at all. Sir Ian and Sir Patrick? I can deal. Wolverine, are you kidding me???? This isn't XMFC2 anymore, this is bloody X4. I'm officially and completely done. All I can hope for is that it isn't a colossal failure at the box office so they can make a proper third movie about the XMFC team.
Dude...I pretty much feel the same way. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine in a Fox produced, Brian Singer directed X-Men film does not fill me with confidence that this will be a true ensemble film. Jennifer Lawrence has some leverage due to the success of Hunger Games, so maybe it won't be that bad for her. And Fassbender has a rising career and stole the show in First Class, so maybe he'll be fine too. But I still have my doubts, and IMO, it dosen't look like it'll fix the true problems with X3. I'd be excited if they brought back James Marsden and made up for screwing him over 3 films straight,

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #72
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
The XMFC cast is going to be so secondary in this film it's like they won't even be there at all. Sir Ian and Sir Patrick? I can deal. Wolverine, are you kidding me???? This isn't XMFC2 anymore, this is bloody X4. I'm officially and completely done. All I can hope for is that it isn't a colossal failure at the box office so they can make a proper third movie about the XMFC team.
so your mad that wolverine who is the lead of the comic and has been the lead of every incarnation of the story

and is on the damn comic book cover has reprised his role?

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #73
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
it depends how much screen time jackman,ian and patrick get in this film.

Again it doesnt have to be alot for FOX to promote the hell out of it

GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #74
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Great news regarding Hugh, looking forward to seeing him back in a team setting and i'm sure this will be more of a team movie than the Wolverine show.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #75
josh8
Side-Kick

I'm not too worried about this becoming another "Wolverine and the X-Men" movie mainly because this news comes so late in the process that Wolverine can't be the main focus of the story. The script has been in the works for a long time now!

I really hope that Singer has learned balance in the last ten years!

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote