Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #26
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Did we ever get confirmation on who the Mocap man on the Smallville set was?

Rumors said it was Non, others said it was Zod.
Robot Ron I tell you.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #27
UaalaDan
Banned User

I think Doomsday or Brainiac might feature in this movie in some form or another...

Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #28
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
I think Doomsday or Brainiac might feature in this movie in some form or another...
Maybe even both, yeah, but I think (REALLY hope) Brainiac will be hinted at if not shown in the Krypton-(flashback)sequences, to be set up for the sequel. He needs to be included somehow as early as possible if he's to be part of the future.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #29
UaalaDan
Banned User

Man, i dont think we've ever had a comic book movie in the recent times that we were kept so much in the dark like with this movie. Seriously, we know pretty much nothing about the story except a few scattered details.

All I have to say is that if this trailer is better than the comic con footage, it will already take the bad taste of 10 years of Smallville and SR of my mouth. Consider me one REALLY happy fan!

*fingers crossed

Old 11-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #30
sup101
Side-Kick

Yea like we really getting zod, faora , Brainiac and doomsday in the same movie.

Superman will get killed in the first movie if that happen.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #31
Smallville13
Side-Kick

The thing I'm most curious about is what Krypton will look like. I'm not a big fan of the big sterile ice-planet seen in the Donner films. I'd like to see a more fully realised high society colorful advanced city-scapes.

What was the final word on Doomsday in the comics? I know in the original arc he was an abomination from CADMUS, but didn't he come back and it was revealed he was from Krypton?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #32
UaalaDan
Banned User

He's Kryptonian and was genetically engineered years ago. Dont know where you got the CADMUS thing. Go on Wikipedia for his bio.

Completely agree with the Krypton thing. Can't wait to see the more sci-fi aspects of Superman in this movie! Im really looking forward to that!!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:14 AM   #33
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So how would everyone here feel if we got a scene in MOS that's reminiscent from "Birthright" and "Secret Origins" where we have the public/citizens of Metropolis banding together to stand up and defend Superman during his time of need; especially in the latter tale, where the Military tries to apprehend him in his weakened condition after a exhausting battle, only for public support to prevent them from doing so.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 AM   #34
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

As long as it's not done in SM1 or TASM fashion, I don't see how that's inherently wrong.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #35
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
He's Kryptonian and was genetically engineered years ago. Dont know where you got the CADMUS thing. Go on Wikipedia for his bio.

Completely agree with the Krypton thing. Can't wait to see the more sci-fi aspects of Superman in this movie! Im really looking forward to that!!
Wasn't that where Doomsday originally broke free from? Anyway not important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
As long as it's not done in SM1 or TASM fashion, I don't see how that's inherently wrong.
Ha crane scene. *cringe*

Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #36
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

If this action figure prototype is anything to go by then
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He will be wearing some armour in the movie!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #37
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el1990 View Post
If this action figure prototype is anything to go by then
He will be wearing some armour in the movie!

If that's indicative of something in the movie it really supports the whole bio-organic tech that we're speculating for Krypton. It looks like some kind of gauntlet extension to his arm that kinda matches up with the rest of his suit.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #38
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So how would everyone here feel if we got a scene in MOS that's reminiscent from "Birthright" and "Secret Origins" where we have the public/citizens of Metropolis banding together to stand up and defend Superman during his time of need; especially in the latter tale, where the Military tries to apprehend him in his weakened condition after a exhausting battle, only for public support to prevent them from doing so.
Wouldnt mind that at all. Kinda like in Spider-man 2. Thought that was epic. At some point, maybe in a sequel, it would be great to see Supes AND the public having to work together to put down a foe. I'd like to see Supes getting help, not just because he'd need it, but to show that humans support him and are willing to sacrifice their lives as well, also for the greater good and not just him. They're all together in the same boat.

In MOS I reckon we might see Supes getting support from the military at some point.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #39
UaalaDan
Banned User

I think it's pretty clear that Superman is going to surrender himself to the military to show that he's not a threat!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #40
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear that Superman is going to surrender himself to the military to show that he's not a threat!
Not really what I meant though.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #41
UaalaDan
Banned User

Oh yeah, I was just saying. I think its a great plot point from the movie and pretty good characterization. He did something similar in Lois & Clark. I wonder if somebody noticed the similarity even with the camera angle:
http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/F...eelBars365.jpg

Last edited by UaalaDan; 11-29-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #42
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I didn't think the way they handled the general public helping Spidey in SM1 was too bad. It was when they were chucking stuff at Goblin on the bridge right? It's been years and years since I saw it though.

I almost think some kind of scene of ordinary people stepping up is needed cause it goes right to the heart of what Superman is about: inspiring the best in us. Even if it's just 9/11 style firefighters shown or people trying to pull others from wreckage at the end when Metropolis goes full Krypton war.

On an unrelated note, the way everyone jumped on the hate train a couple weeks back when we were discussing Cavills acting has still got me a bit worried. I was wondering if there was any specific ep of that tv show he's on that really showcases him and can lessen my concern.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #43
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

It was indeed the scene where they throw vegetables and s**t at GG. And I, for one, think it was appalling.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #44
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was indeed the scene where they throw vegetables and s**t at GG. And I, for one, think it was appalling.
Haha ok. I have such scratchy memory of that movie. I remember following that we get that cool scene where a pumpkin bomb goes off in Spidey's face slow-mo style. That was pretty cool.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #45
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Well, yeah, I'm only talking about that part. And how I wouldn't like to see Metropolis citizens throwing stuff at the guy who just helped decimate their city. Leave the big baddies for Superman. Do the smaller, everyday good deeds yourselves.

Iron Man did well in that respect. Takes out the terrorists and feeds their leader to the crowd. Not that I'd want something like that from Supes.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #46
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, yeah, I'm only talking about that part. And how I wouldn't like to see Metropolis citizens throwing stuff at the guy who just helped decimate their city. Leave the big baddies for Superman. Do the smaller, everyday good deeds yourselves.

Iron Man did well in that respect. Takes out the terrorists and feeds their leader to the crowd. Not that I'd want something like that from Supes.
Ha it'd be kinda funny and pathetic if Metropolis citizens tried to take on the Kryptonians that way. Just throwing stuff at em ha. Lois Lane is kinda representing the 'best of us' and it sounds like she gets a 'lazer tazer' of somesort so sounds like she could be taking them on.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #47
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #48
Smallville13
Side-Kick

No All Things Superman Open Discussion thread is complete without the obligatory 'exclusive' countdown state of the union post: 81%... Woot!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #49
GreenKToo
In the fire

There is no denying that snyder/WB have been very secretive about MOS, so I wouldnt be at all surprised if the main villain is Brainiac.
Maybe it follows zod and company to Earth or something.

As for as Cavill' acting ability that was mentioned above, for me, he was fine in the Immortals.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 11-29-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #50
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I didn't think the way they handled the general public helping Spidey in SM1 was too bad. It was when they were chucking stuff at Goblin on the bridge right? It's been years and years since I saw it though.

I almost think some kind of scene of ordinary people stepping up is needed cause it goes right to the heart of what Superman is about: inspiring the best in us. Even if it's just 9/11 style firefighters shown or people trying to pull others from wreckage at the end when Metropolis goes full Krypton war.

On an unrelated note, the way everyone jumped on the hate train a couple weeks back when we were discussing Cavills acting has still got me a bit worried. I was wondering if there was any specific ep of that tv show he's on that really showcases him and can lessen my concern.
I think he's pretty damn good in this:
http://youtu.be/IhS_rnq9zT4
The way he says the phrase in French is very sincere. It shows Cavill can act as a romantic, kind person.

I think he is pretty good in all season 4. Some episodes he is very Superman like. Like when he is analyzing the destruction and stuff. There was a long clip on youtube before that showed all these scenes but was removed. I think its episode 4x08. He's much better in that than in all his movies, including Immortals. It means than when the writing is good, he can do a great job.

Last edited by UaalaDan; 11-29-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Closed Thread