Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #776
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's not like Deadpool goes through the whole comic masked all the time. There are often times where he has flashbacks, uses prosthetics to hide his scars or has an image inducer. There are many opportunities for Reynolds to show his face, without taking the mask off just for the hell of it, like in all the Spider-Man Movies.
This

Old 01-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #777
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Have some of you read the script by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick? I've read it some time ago, and while it's nice and a good starting point, I think it's due for rewrites, and not just because of some dated pop culture references (Amy Winehouse). I think there's much room for improvement: it's sometimes a bit headache inducing and uneven, and it lacks that certain something - which is real, honest emotion. I also thought that Wade Wilson's character could be fleshed out better - there's not much change from his pre- and post-scarring personas, which kind of nullifies the effect of the cancer and scarring on his character. You barely notice how it affects him personally. And Colossus' cameo didn't really add much to it, except for having someone who tries to talk Wade into being a better person, which could be incorporated more organically, by having a character who actually has a weight in the economy of the plot trying to convince him. A good read, but which I think needs to be improved in order to be filmable. At least I wouldn't go into production with the script as is.
Thumbs up for the big action scene at the beginning, which is quite imaginative and exciting!

Last edited by -JKR-; 01-10-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #778
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

This movie isn't going to happen. Lol

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #779
-JKR-
Side-Kick

That's why I read the script. But trust me, sooner or later Deadpool will land on the big screen. It's just a matter of time.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #780
Holiday
'Bout that action

I think the studio missed the boat on this one. I can't imagine Deadpool is as popular as he was three or four years ago. That would have been the time to do this film. I can still see it eventually happening as long as comic films continue to profit but I see it as far from a sure thing.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #781
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I think the studio missed the boat on this one. I can't imagine Deadpool is as popular as he was three or four years ago. That would have been the time to do this film. I can still see it eventually happening as long as comic films continue to profit but I see it as far from a sure thing.
But honestly, I think the script needed more work so I'm glad they didn't fast track it into production. And Pool's popularity in comics has nothing to do with the movies really.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #782
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
This movie isn't going to happen. Lol
Thats what I think too.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #783
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I think the studio missed the boat on this one. I can't imagine Deadpool is as popular as he was three or four years ago. That would have been the time to do this film.
I would say hes more popular. Hes had film, cartoon exposure since then and has been in a ton of games. His current comic outsold Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor. And hes one of the few Marvel characters that will have a solo video game coming out next year without having a film first. More people now know about the character then ever. His popularity def increased between gamers and youtubers.

Only thing that dropped is that he only has had 2 ongoings with the occasional mini series and not 5 ongoings. That was full overkill, and just made readers sick of him.

Last edited by def28; 01-11-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #784
Michael Frost
Snowman

Just contact Tim Miller and tell him to do the same for Deadpool that he did for The Goon :P

I know Fox has the rights for Deadpool... But make it animated and go to Marvel to get the go ahead. Marvel Animation still holds Deadpool in animated form. We could have Reynolds voicing him at least...

Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #785
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

Seriously, at this point, I'd love a slick animated film or more Marvel DTVs. It's depressing to think that this is never going to happen. :/

Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #786
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Marvel has animated right for Deadpool but that doesn't mean they will do anything with It.X-Men animated projects are at low end of their priority.The Avengers Is the high end of
priority.

The deadpool film as It was Is probally dead.But a new version could be devolped.Mark Millar has said Deadpool Is one of spinoffs he has discussed at Fox.And depature of Tom
Rothman may help get It made at Fox.

The time traveling aspect of Days of future past could allow them to officially wip out origins and Last Stand from film cannon.They can say those films did oirignally happen but time travel has now removed them.Allowing a deadpool film to not even acknowledge the Origins Version.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #787
def28
Side-Kick

The Deadpool script already ignores origins. They are completely different characters. No one wants it connected, nor will it ever be.

I cant imagine Fox wants nothing to do with DP. Everything gets made nowadays, and Deadpools fanbase is a hell of alot larger then other comic books getting dished out. At the least hes gonna get thrown in a team flick.

Then again Fox cant even get the leader of the X men right. Who knows what they are thinking or planning...

Hopefully these next 2 X flcks get things back in order.

Last edited by def28; 01-12-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #788
VictusMortuus
Side-Kick

Fox is probably waiting to see how successful The Wolverine, and DOFP are before making a Deadpool flick set in the rebooted X-Verse.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #789
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Even if those movies turned out to be successful, I doubt FOX would go ahead making this Deadpool movie. I feel like its going to be a risk/gamble if they go ahead film this movie and release it.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #790
def28
Side-Kick

How much more popular do people think this character needs to get to warrant a film? The problem is def Fox not DP. The character has a huge built in fan base tht most other comic characters and even some of the major DC and Marvel ones dont have.

Fox needs to show that they will put some effort into characters they own besides the main FF and X men films. Otherwise wtf is the point in owning them? They arent gonna get the shared universe they want until they start doing that.

Last edited by def28; 01-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #791
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

For me, I don't think Deadpool is an A-List comicbook character yet. He is known to people who read comic-books or to the people who is aware of the Marvel universe. But he's certainly not as well known as Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Captain America, to the public audience. I could say the same thing to Iron Man but the difference with doing an Iron Man movie to doing a Deadpool movie is Marvel Studios were trying to create a movie universe that will eventually lead to a crossover movie and that was The Avengers. Then in terms of Deadpool's star power, his star power is similar to The Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Blade and Ghost Rider. So I can see why FOX has no confidence right now in doing a Deadpool movie.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-14-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #792
def28
Side-Kick

Thats what Im asking though, what would it take for you to move Deadpool into that category?

Deadpools outsold the topguns in Marvel Now(Hulk,Thor,Ironman), he has a full solovideo game, was featured as a fav in a dozen others vgs (always marketed on the cover), he was in a movie, an animated film, has two ongoings plus a mini series and youtubers are obsessed with the guy... he has wayyy more exposure right now then the FF and a majority of X Men characters.

I mean besides a solo movie, what more could possibly make the character even more popular? Hes def one of Marvels top characters. And sales alot more in just about every area then Punisher,Blade, Ghost rider and Elektra now adays. People who dont read comics are still aware of him cause of the internet, video games, Ryan Reynolds and XMen Origins.

Last edited by def28; 01-14-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #793
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I consider deadpool an A list character his exposure from the past 4 blew his popularity through the roof.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #794
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i really hope the Deadpool videogame becomes a hit because that way maybe Fox will get off their asses and make the damn movie already

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #795
Michael Frost
Snowman

I think he definatly clawed his way up into pop culture awareness in these last years. At least Internet-wise.

He may not be a public known hero but neither were Blade, Punisher and Daredevil for that matter. The Blade movie did surprisingly well in it's time for what it was.

Thing here is, if you make a movie and it's really good, people will advertise it for you. Even if your investment starts slow because the public is a bit shaky, you could make a big profit once you get the ball rolling with a quality product. Now, I understand Fox doesn't want to have that risk to start with and, given their track record, I, too, wouldn't invest my money on them...

Old 03-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #796
def28
Side-Kick

Reynolds interview talks about Deadpool at 4:30.

Same ol thing. Fox is scared and dont want to to pull the trigger on a R rated film. While Reynolds, the producers, writer and Director wont make it unless its R. At least they are sticking to their guns and not compromising .

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #797
SWAT
Pool of the Death

Well, I like that everyone is sticking to their guns about an R rating... C'mon FOX. Do iiiiit.

Never Run, Turn Around And Face The One's Who Push You Out.
Stand Your Ground And Burn Them Down.-
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #798
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They should pitch it to FOX Searchlight!

Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #799
Nathan

They should do a freaking kickstarter.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #800
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
They should do a freaking kickstarter.
The Director did that for The Goon, so I say hell yeah. If Veronica Mars can make 2 mil in a day Im sure Deadpool can get way beyond that in a few hours. Gotta be some rich Deadpool fans out there.

Somehow I have a feeling Fox wouldnt give them the greenlight to do that either though.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread