Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #101
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No villain overkill, please. The last thing Supes needs is to have a film with too many villains in it, diluting them all together.
If done right, it can work. I could see Brainiac being behind the scenes, observing.
It may well be just zod and company tho..

Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #102
souperman
Side-Dish

...show of hands who think this exclusive reveal is a sham... a Charlotte ruse as it were.
( best hand I could find) 82%... why I outta...

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #103
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I think we are in for a surprise..some heavy hitter may well be in this. Doomsday, Brainiac, etc.
Think about it. WB wanted to go all out for this, and by all indications, so did snyder. would you really just have Zod and a couple of sidekicks as the main villains? sure it would/could work if done right, but adding Brainiac or someone else rises the stakes to a whole other level.
I'm also convinced we will see some cameos of other heroes, at the least, a mention.
No it doesn't. Zod and other Kryptonians have all of Superman's abilities, plus military training to go with it, on top of being very personal villains because they're his only connection to where he's from.

Adding another alien threat of equal or lesser power that's less personal not only doesn't add anything to the story, but makes the story more convoluted. They're making a Superman movie, not a Superman cartoon, not a DC Universe movie. Let that be awesome enough.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #104
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
If done right, it can work. I could see Brainiac being behind the scenes, observing.
It may well be just zod and company tho..
Brainiac behind the scenes is okay with me. But Zod and his gang should be the only "main" villains of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
...show of hands who think this exclusive reveal is a sham... a Charlotte ruse as it were.
( best hand I could find) 82%... why I outta...
It is totally a sham. As I said earlier, social networking marketing doesn't just progress at a steady clip like this. That's not how it works. the more people share it, the more others see it and share it in turn - the speed of the progress should vary at least, and should normally speed up increasingly until the bar is filled.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #105
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Wow it's at 82%!!! :-/

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #106
Reel
Side-Kick

I reckon Jor-El is saying the line "What if a child aspired to something greater" to Lara. Maybe they are discussing sending their infant weeks old child to a different world.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #107
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
It is totally a sham. As I said earlier, social networking marketing doesn't just progress at a steady clip like this. That's not how it works. the more people share it, the more others see it and share it in turn - the speed of the progress should vary at least, and should normally speed up increasingly until the bar is filled.
This makes perfect sense.

So why can I not stop pressing the Twitter button?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #108
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
"I learned that there can be no true despair without hope." - Bane

Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #109
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
This makes perfect sense.

I gave up on it by Saturday. It's quite obviously rigged to go off on December 4th, and then we'll get whatever the exclusive is, regardless. Then, 10 days after that we'll have our trailer.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #110
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
"I learned that there can be no true despair without hope." - Bane
I was just trying to think of an apt metaphor for the situation, but you're so right! This is the Lazarus pit for Superman fans... they give us a glimmer of hope, and every day we think we just have to work a little bit harder to get a little bit closer... but we know it can drop right back down again at any point, and really we have no control...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #111
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
I reckon Jor-El is saying the line "What if a child aspired to something greater" to Lara. Maybe they are discussing sending their infant weeks old child to a different world.
Obviously, anything is just speculation, but I envisioned this line being delivered by Jor-El to a kryptonian council. I got the feeling that Krypton had a type of caste system in which children were brought up to fill certain roles, so he is asking the question. I also assumed that it could be the initial reason that Jor-El plans to send his son and maybe his whole family off-world. That's why the ship would be ready when sudden destruction spreads across the planet.

Just my theory.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #112
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
I was just trying to think of an apt metaphor for the situation, but you're so right! This is the Lazarus pit for Superman fans... they give us a glimmer of hope, and every day we think we just have to work a little bit harder to get a little bit closer... but we know it can drop right back down again at any point, and really we have no control...

Brilliant.

But don't forget the part where we're doing free marketing work for them by spreading the word about the Dark Knight Rises home video release.

Maybe that's how all those Lazarus Pit prisoners kept busy.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #113
sup101
It'S oN!mY tImE tO sHiNe!

Zod, faora, Brainiac and Doomsday all can beat superman in a one on one fight.

so having all of them in one movie would be over kill.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #114
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
"And then, when it is revealed to only be a dark picture of Zod's back... then you have my permission to cry."

Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #115
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2090 View Post
Obviously, anything is just speculation, but I envisioned this line being delivered by Jor-El to a kryptonian council. I got the feeling that Krypton had a type of caste system in which children were brought up to fill certain roles, so he is asking the question. I also assumed that it could be the initial reason that Jor-El plans to send his son and maybe his whole family off-world. That's why the ship would be ready when sudden destruction spreads across the planet.

Just my theory.
Exactly how I pictured it, the way that line is delivered he's definitely talking to a group of people.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #116
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Key word here is expect.When jorel sends his son to earth he doesnt expect anything-he simply hopes-he hopes his son survives and lives a good honorable life.he hopes his son doesnt abuse his powers,he hopes his son becomes a good person.he hopes...
Well if thatís the preferred versionÖ then (as I said) simply establish that Jor-El has no knowledge of the power-bestowing properties of a yellow star. That way, you avoid - entirely - the fence youíre trying to straddle.

In drama/fiction, thereís a principle that you donít introduce a detail that sets up expectations - and then fail to address or deliver on those expectations. Itís referred to as Chekhovís gun.

In this case, if Jor-El has no thought that his son might become a great champion on Earth, then itís a pointless/complicating detail to bring up the yellow sun/superpowers business. In other words, donít hang that ďChekhovís gunĒ on the wall.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #117
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Brilliant.

But don't forget the part where we're doing free marketing work for them by spreading the word about the Dark Knight Rises home video release.

Maybe that's how all those Lazarus Pit prisoners kept busy.
Before you know it, we'll be chanting in Kryptonese!

Quote:
"And then, when it is revealed to only be a dark picture of Zod's back... then you have my permission to cry."
I'm not gonna last that long...

*\S/T*
Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #118
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Nothing new here, but as we wait for the rigged countdown to come to an end, here's what Nolan recently said, or rather didn't say, about Zack Snyder's Man of Steel:

Of course, the night couldn’t have ended without a question regarding Man of Steel, Zack Snyder’s highly anticipated reboot of the Superman franchise, which Nolan is producing. (“Producing’s a lot easier than directing,” Nolan added dryly. “I’m doing it as we speak.”) As the film won’t be unveiled until next summer, Nolan remained guarded, but stressed the extent to which he feels “what’s Zack’s done is incredible, and it’s something we’ve never really seen before. It’s quite a new, fresh take on the character.” Thankfully, with this series of Batman movies in particular, new and fresh takes on old ideas are something that Nolan happens to know a lot about.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2012...stopher-nolan/

Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #119
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

It's good of him to speak about the film, given that he is trying to distance himself from superhero properties. I wonder if he will help with the story treatment for (potential) sequels?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #120
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Nothing new here, but as we wait for the rigged countdown to come to an end, here's what Nolan recently said, or rather didn't say, about Zack Snyder's Man of Steel:

Of course, the night couldn’t have ended without a question regarding Man of Steel, Zack Snyder’s highly anticipated reboot of the Superman franchise, which Nolan is producing. (“Producing’s a lot easier than directing,” Nolan added dryly. “I’m doing it as we speak.”) As the film won’t be unveiled until next summer, Nolan remained guarded, but stressed the extent to which he feels “what’s Zack’s done is incredible, and it’s something we’ve never really seen before. It’s quite a new, fresh take on the character.” Thankfully, with this series of Batman movies in particular, new and fresh takes on old ideas are something that Nolan happens to know a lot about.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2012...stopher-nolan/
At least nolan is giving Snyder some proper credit. It's more than alot of people(web/fan/media) will for sure.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #121
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

At this point, articles like that are like surviving starvation by eating the same old dry crackers over and over again...

*\S/T*
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #122
Marvin
Side-Kick

Just read that "they" are opening whedon's next film wide against MoS next june. Clever. I wonder how many times the ad's will mention Avengers.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #123
UaalaDan
Banned User

THe join you in the sun might just mean Krypton is a more advanced civilization and Jor-el understands that people can learn from him. Might have nothing to do with a saviour aspect. I think all those lines reflect more of the survival of the legacy and knowledge of Krypton.

If there's a scout ship on Earth in the North pole, then obviously Jor-el knew where to send Kal-el so he had knowledge about Earth. We`ll see how that's played out in the film before making any conclusions.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #124
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Is anyone getting this now???

http://bench.addisoninteractive.com/tdkr/

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #125
UaalaDan
Banned User

It's a different link than the MOS countdown.

Closed Thread