The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #151
Blight616
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
I'm more worried about Thanos becoming the main villain in Avengers 2 and 3 leaving no room for Ultron or anyone else. I would LOVE for Ultron to be the bad guy in Avengers 3.
If Whedon works on A3 I trust he could pull it off without making it a Pym film, even though I do think Ultron needs to be Pym's dark side brought to life and for the focus to sort of be on Pym. And in that film I'd like it to lead to Vision being an Avenger. Hank Pym (father) built Ultron (son) and instilled in him (inadvertently) his hate. Ultron (now the father) builds Vision (Ultron's son) and instills in him his hate. Hank Pym (grandfather) saves Vision (grandson) from fate he couldn't save Ultron (son) from, and brings Vision to the good side.
The story would have a generational theme, a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde theme, stuff like that. Good stuff.
After the success of the Avengers I think that Marvel is in a comfortable position to make pt 2 & 3 all part of an ongoing story like Star Wars or the Lord of the Rings, 3 part story arcs.

Blight616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #152
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

There can't be Ultron without Pym...it's like having Zemo without Cap or Red Hulk without Hulk.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #153
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Ant-Man/Ultron can be in Avengers 2, just do Ant-Man as a prequel. Or like Justice League is doing, give him a solo excursion after the team-up.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #154
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

If I was writing the script, this is how I'd do it:

- Hank, as a side project to his Pym particle work, is creating an AI similar to Jarvis to aid his research, except this new AI, "Ultron" will be superior to Jarvis in almost all ways
- In Avengers 2 or Iron Man 3, Jarvis is damaged or compromised. Tony, being the type of guy he is, pressures Hank to complete and enact the Ultron AI before Hank feels comfortable with it. Either that, or Tony actually strongarms the Ultron AI experiment out of Hank's hands.
- The Ultron AI proves effective, but gains its own evil intelligence. It constructs it's own physical body from a combination of Iron Man technology, SHIELD weapons and vibranium research, giving him powers derived from at least four heroes.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #155
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post

- Hank, as a side project to his Pym particle work, is creating an AI similar to Jarvis to aid his research, except this new AI, "Ultron" will be superior to Jarvis in almost all ways
- In Avengers 2 or Iron Man 3, Jarvis is damaged or compromised. Tony, being the type of guy he is, pressures Hank to complete and enact the Ultron AI before Hank feels comfortable with it. Either that, or Tony actually strongarms the Ultron AI experiment out of Hank's hands.
- The Ultron AI proves effective, but gains its own evil intelligence. It constructs it's own physical body from a combination of Iron Man technology, SHIELD weapons and vibranium research, giving him powers derived from at least four heroes.
No, no, no. If Ultron is to appear, his being evil must be *Pym's* fault, not somehow foisted onto Tony. If anybody is rushing the thing, it should be Pym, motivated by jealousy over Tony's own AI work.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #156
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
No, no, no. If Ultron is to appear, his being evil must be *Pym's* fault, not somehow foisted onto Tony. If anybody is rushing the thing, it should be Pym, motivated by jealousy over Tony's own AI work.
Eh, for a movie, Ultron is way too much of an albatross to be put on one character, especially one that has to share the screen with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. It would be unfair to the Pym character, and destroy any sympathy the audience might have for him.

A comic series has almost an unlimited canvas to explore a single character's motivations and redemption. A two hour movie with a large ensemble cast has to tell the story a different way.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #157
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Eh, for a movie, Ultron is way too much of an albatross to be put on one character, especially one that has to share the screen with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. It would be unfair to the Pym character, and destroy any sympathy the audience might have for him.

A comic series has almost an unlimited canvas to explore a single character's motivations and redemption. A two hour movie with a large ensemble cast has to tell the story a different way.
which is why I think they may slightly change the route of ultron's creation. Though the whole pym thing, that has got to be there. it has to.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #158
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

The way I figure it, the unleashing of Ultron on the world should be a combination of the missteps of Pym, Stark and SHIELD.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #159
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:

Thus requiring Thor to be the one to deliver the fatal blow.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #160
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
The way I figure it, the unleashing of Ultron on the world should be a combination of the missteps of Pym, Stark and SHIELD.
I'd love an Avengers movie with minimum SHIELD involvement. I love them, but I don't want them shoved down my throat.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #161
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

The way I see it is that Pym should be this super genius who isn't as big and powerful in the science world as Stark because he gets in his own way. But I think maybe he and Stark together built Jarvis. And together they worked on SHIELD tech. And Tony quite the weapons game but Pym didn't. He has been working with SHIELD this whole time. And all these many years since Jarvis Pym has been trying to perfect AI in his spare time. He creates his Pym Particles, his helmet that talks to ants, and Wasp's powers, all the while still working on the AI project. He ends up joining the Avengers and is still working on it (they don't have to show him working on it all the time, just reveal he has) and then in an Avengers movie he finally does it. Using his own brain patters, and in a fevered angry breakdown Pym finished Ultron.
But Ultron's tech is based on the Jarvis tech Pym and Stark built together. That way Pym is still Ultron's father, Ultron is still the son Pym failed, but we also get Stark's involvement. And maybe they can slip in something about the Cosmic Cube/Arc reactor connection. How Stark's arc reactor/Repulsar Rays are based off of the cosmic cube Stark's father found in Cap 1, and which came from Thor 1. Show a subtle connection.
Still, the tech was invented by Stark and Pym, but Pym perfected it, and used his own brain patterns as a blueprint for Ultron's mind. Which gives Ultron a stronger connection to Pym. And makes Ultron Pym's fault.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #162
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
The way I see it is that Pym should be this super genius who isn't as big and powerful in the science world as Stark because he gets in his own way. But I think maybe he and Stark together built Jarvis. And together they worked on SHIELD tech. And Tony quite the weapons game but Pym didn't. He has been working with SHIELD this whole time. And all these many years since Jarvis Pym has been trying to perfect AI in his spare time. He creates his Pym Particles, his helmet that talks to ants, and Wasp's powers, all the while still working on the AI project. He ends up joining the Avengers and is still working on it (they don't have to show him working on it all the time, just reveal he has) and then in an Avengers movie he finally does it. Using his own brain patters, and in a fevered angry breakdown Pym finished Ultron.
But Ultron's tech is based on the Jarvis tech Pym and Stark built together. That way Pym is still Ultron's father, Ultron is still the son Pym failed, but we also get Stark's involvement. And maybe they can slip in something about the Cosmic Cube/Arc reactor connection. How Stark's arc reactor/Repulsar Rays are based off of the cosmic cube Stark's father found in Cap 1, and which came from Thor 1. Show a subtle connection.
Still, the tech was invented by Stark and Pym, but Pym perfected it, and used his own brain patterns as a blueprint for Ultron's mind. Which gives Ultron a stronger connection to Pym. And makes Ultron Pym's fault.
this is an awesome way to do it

Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #163
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

They have already planted the seeds of Shield working on top secret dangerous tech in the Avengers and the selvig had that line that was cut about Pym going missing after getting picked up by Shield in Thor.

So Artistsean has some very workable ideas.

There are lots of ways Marvel could tie Hank Pym into the movieverse. He could have AI and Nanotechnology connections to Tony Stark or Starks employee and mutal friend Bill Foster who could be a college friend of Hanks.

The Budapest incident with Hawkeye and Black Widow could of involved a mission to secure scientists Hank and Maria Pym which could of resulted in Maria's death. Fury feeling guilty could offer Hank a job at Shield because of it.

The list of good ways they could introduce him is endless.

As for Ultron after seeing the Avengers takedown an Alien invasion I could imagine Fury wanting some sort or plan for if the Avengers ever become a threat to earth and turing to various people for solutions as to how to take them down like JLA: Tower Of Babel. Hank Pym could create a sowftware virus that attacks Iron Man's armor. The virus could become alive take over one of Tony's suits and become Ultron.

I think the easy way to show the difference between Hank and Tony should that Pym is protrayed as not craving the spotlight as much as Tony does because as we all know Tony has a big ego and doesn't like sharing his tech with others which is the opposite of Pym who doesn't mind sharing his tech and has occasional bouts of insecurity.

Last edited by chamber-music; 12-22-2012 at 10:06 AM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #164
Jaxon
Side-Kick

As long as Jan is in it, and is hot (sort of korean pop artist hot) all will be good

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #165
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

if Jan is anything like she was in EMH, then she will single handily ruin the MCU.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #166
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
As long as Jan is in it, and is hot (sort of korean pop artist hot) all will be good
Why must she be hot?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #167
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
very mature statement

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #168
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
They have already planted the seeds of Shield
working on top secret dangerous tech in the Avengers and the selvig had that line that
was cut about Pym going missing after getting picked up by Shield in Thor.

So Artistsean has some very workable ideas.
Thank you. I like your ideas as well.

Quote:
There are lots of ways Marvel could tie Hank Pym
into the movieverse. He could have AI and Nanotechnology connections to Tony Stark
or Starks employee and mutal friend Bill Foster who could be a college friend of Hanks.
Oh, wow. The AI and Nanotechnology can all be related and it would tie all of Hanks
and Janet's powers together. It explains how he is able to alter his and Janet's genetic
structure while still being able to invent the helmet, her wings, the Stingers Janet and
Black Widow use, and the AI Jarvis and Ultron.

Quote:
The Budapest incident with Hawkeye and Black
Widow could of involved a mission to secure scientists Hank and Maria Pym which
could of resulted in Maria's death. Fury feeling guilty could offer Hank a job at Shield
because of it.
They could even tie Janet's father's death into the Alien
Invasion in Avengers 1. Like in the comic, an alien from another dimension gets to
Earth and kills Janet's father making her owner of his company and boss to Hank and
Bill Foster and Scott Lang. The alien in the comics was some energy creature I think,
but here in the movie it could be one of the Chitauri. And Using his Ant Man inventions
and the Pym Particles (nanotech) he defeats the alien. (Maybe this could just be the
implied back story.)

Quote:
The list of good ways they could introduce him is
endless.

As for Ultron after seeing the Avengers takedown an Alien invasion I could imagine
Fury wanting some sort or plan for if the Avengers ever become a threat to earth and
turing to various people for solutions as to how to take them down like JLA: Tower Of
Babel. Hank Pym could create a sowftware virus that attacks Iron Man's armor. The
virus could become alive take over one of Tony's suits and become Ultron.
I could see Ultron being used that way, but I wouldn't mind if he was just a secret
project that Pym was working on that went terribly wrong. Because then the blame is
all on him, instead of SHIELD wanting a weapon and being to blame.

Quote:
I think the easy way to show the difference
between Hank and Tony should that Pym is protrayed as not craving the spotlight as
much as Tony does because as we all know Tony has a big ego and doesn't like
sharing his tech with others which is the opposite of Pym who doesn't mind sharing his
tech and has occasional bouts of insecurity.
I hope eventually Pym is shown to be very unstable mentally. Not just all out crazy, but
seriously trouble with real medical mental illness he has to take medication for. Not
only is that interesting to me, to have a hero be shown to have real feet of clay, but it
follows the comic and the Marvel concept of superheroes being just as flawed as
regular humans.
Maybe the reason he shuns the spot light is because he is uncomfortable with that
much attention on him. He doesn't like crowds. He doesn't like to be focused on. He is
better being alone with his work.

So Pym could be the lead scientist at Van Dyne's Lab. Boss, sort of, of the lab. He is
a strong leader but has some insecurities. Bill Foster and Scott Lang also work there.
Could be shown that Lang had a criminal record, and has a daughter.
Janet Van Dyne is the daughter of the owner of Van Dyne's Lab, she is a rich socialite
who hangs out at the lab all the time. Foster and Lang try to tell Pym she hangs out to
be near Pym, but Pym can't see it.
In the past Pym worked with Tony Stark and SHIELD, created AI Jarvis and many
weapons for SHIELD.
Then the alien invasion from Avengers 1 happens. Janet's father is killed by the aliens
that attack their lab. Using some recent inventions Pym is able to not only repel the
aliens but send most of them back or kill the others.
This gets the attention of SHIELD, back to Pym, again. Van Dyne could have been
given her powers after that or during the invasion. But Soon SHIELD asked Pym for
those inventions. Pym would only let them use them if he could be the one to use
them, just like Stark is the only one allowed to use his armor.
So Pym is made an agent as is Janet. Bill Foster and Scott Lang still work for the lab.
All the while, in secret Pym has been trying to perfect the AI he started with Stark all
those years ago. Eventually he and Janet join the Avengers. But his mental stability
becomes increasingly unstable. The pressures of being a hero start to get to him. The
medication, perhaps he stops taking it. He begins to lash out, snap, at his team mates.
Just a little, but enough to show he is changing. And he has a break down. During the
breakdown he finishes Ultron using his own brain patterns. And then the Avengers
must take down sort of the evil robot version of Hank Pym. A robot version that
represents all of Pym's dark, secret, base emotions and feelings. But eventually Pym
is redeemed in Vision.

Last edited by Artistsean; 12-27-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #169
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

See, I think that we will first hear of the ultron ai in ironman 3. I mean, a new ultron comic is being released and so far the comics have been tie ins. I. Think ultron will be the ai the mandarin uses to control Starks armor

Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #170
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #171
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

How the final scene should play out, with all the Avengers getting their shots in but Hank Pym coming up with the battle plan and delivering the final blows the end Ultron (since its a movie its the actual end).

Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #172
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Ultron can be one dangerous and scary villain for a future film, and a match for the entire Avengers team, not just Ant Man. He would be awesome!

Last edited by Artistsean; 01-18-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #173
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Ultron watch the throne

Old 03-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #174
3X0dus
Newbie First Class

Okay...so maybe an incarnation of Ultron that wants to merge with Adam Warlock seems a bit far off, but hey - we've got Thanos, Guardians of the Galaxy, and who knows what else yet to come. Maybe to those who think Ultron cannot compare to Thanos, this could be the counter-argument. Maybe an adaptation of Ultron trying to merge himself with a powerful cosmic entity (not necessarily Warlock) could be an option.

If we're looking for a more grounded idea, then that's easy. The concept of technology over-running humnity isn't a new concept. Ultron is the embodiment of that concept, and I would imagine SHIELD would want to stop it from overtaking Earth and contain it to Earth.

Must. Have. Ultron.

3X0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #175
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Ultron will do just fine in Avengers 3.

Doesn't matter if people think he's not as dangerous as Thanos; Avengers isn't about diminishing returns. They can save the universe in one episode, and just fight personal demons (maybe quite literally) in the next episode. Audiences don't care about the threat level, as long as the story is interesting and the characters are fun.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote