The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #276
Benstamania
Finished The Fight
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 20,085
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Ding level 50!

Chose to unlock Stalker...Mostly because I really liked the armor, lol.

__________________
PSN: Benstamania
Xbox Live: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20

Last edited by Benstamania; 11-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #277
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 31,779
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

It's going to take forever for me to get that GUNGNIR helmet .

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #278
Benstamania
Finished The Fight
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 20,085
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Blah, should have chosen Operator... I'm a bad ass driver... Really should have read over my ****.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #279
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,771
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

I'm gonna unlock Operator. My buddies and I absolutely rock when we get a Warthog up. I prefer to drive and he's a hell of a gunner.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #280
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,740
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

I made sure to chose Operator as soon as I leveled to 50. I'm a vehicle combat addict, something I think 4 is slightly lacking.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #281
Benstamania
Finished The Fight
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 20,085
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I'm gonna unlock Operator. My buddies and I absolutely rock when we get a Warthog up. I prefer to drive and he's a hell of a gunner.
Agreed.

I don't mean to toot my own horn (heh...Get it?) but I swear driving is one of, if not the best things I do in Halo (outside of stupid Banshee's). My one buddy is also a gunning master...I had 53 wheel man medals last night. 53...That may have been one of the highest wheel man spree's (I wish we still got those) I ever had.

Ah well...Guess I'll start again at 60...

__________________
PSN: Benstamania
Xbox Live: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #282
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Anyone know the name of the song playing in the last mission where you go from platform to platform just before confronting the Didact?

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #283
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,220
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I made sure to chose Operator as soon as I leveled to 50. I'm a vehicle combat addict, something I think 4 is slightly lacking.
I find there to be too many vehicles in this one. It's actually one thing I don't like about the MM.

__________________

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #284
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,327
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I find there to be too many vehicles in this one. It's actually one thing I don't like about the MM.
This, that many vehicles and no way to take them out. If they were going to do that they should have kept the locl on capability of the rocket launcher

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #285
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,740
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

So I played Halo 3 again today for the first time since April, had a random itch to play it again and I found myself just having so much fun and little if no frustration with the game at all. I don't hate Halo 4, but it isn't exactly the most enjoyable experience at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I find there to be too many vehicles in this one. It's actually one thing I don't like about the MM.
Weird, not only are the vehicles too easy to kill now but well....I just wish there was nice open space for vehicles to prevail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
This, that many vehicles and no way to take them out. If they were going to do that they should have kept the locl on capability of the rocket launcher
The rocket does have a lock on capability on certain vehicles. I found the vehicles far too easy ti take out now, just chuck a couple plasmas and its done.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #286
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,220
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
The rocket does have a lock on capability on certain vehicles. I found the vehicles far too easy ti take out now, just chuck a couple plasmas and its done.
It actually takes 2-3 plasmas to kill a Warthog in this, whereas with the others, it only took 1. Not only are the vehicles harder to destroy, but there aren't weapons sprawled out like the other Halo. Plus, if you don't have plasmas or PP equipped, you're pretty much ****ed with vehicles.

__________________

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #287
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxIsAppetite
Anyone know the name of the song playing in the last mission where you go from platform to platform just before confronting the Didact?
Arrival by Neil Davidge.

Also worth listening to are 'To Galaxy' and '117'. It's a great soundtrack.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #288
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,740
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
It actually takes 2-3 plasmas to kill a Warthog in this, whereas with the others, it only took 1. Not only are the vehicles harder to destroy, but there aren't weapons sprawled out like the other Halo. Plus, if you don't have plasmas or PP equipped, you're pretty much ****ed with vehicles.

Errrr....I'll just say okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Arrival by Neil Davidge.

Also worth listening to are 'To Galaxy' and '117'. It's a great soundtrack.
It is a awesome soundtrack! A part of me wishes for just a bit more of the classic theme spread throughout though.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #289
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Nah, I'm fine with new and better music to reflect the new direction and trilogy.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #290
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,523
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

I love the new soundtrack, it's different but then again that's the point.

I really like some of the more moody tracks like "Solace", "Legacy" and "Green and Blue" aswell as the more epic stuff like "Nemisis" and "Revival."

__________________
"Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit."
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #291
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,327
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
It actually takes 2-3 plasmas to kill a Warthog in this, whereas with the others, it only took 1. Not only are the vehicles harder to destroy, but there aren't weapons sprawled out like the other Halo. Plus, if you don't have plasmas or PP equipped, you're pretty much ****ed with vehicles.
They also nerfed the PP by having it lose ammo when fully charged. Which they had to do for guys that use it as a shield kill exploit but it makes EMPing vehicles exponentially harder.

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #292
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Arrival by Neil Davidge.

Also worth listening to are 'To Galaxy' and '117'. It's a great soundtrack.
THanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
They also nerfed the PP by having it lose ammo when fully charged. Which they had to do for guys that use it as a shield kill exploit but it makes EMPing vehicles exponentially harder.
Hasn't that been the case since Halo 3?

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #293
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,220
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Hasn't that been the case since Halo 3?
He means it'll depletes if you keep it charged without shooting, and it only gets 1-2 full charges to take out vehicles, whereas with the other Halos, you got more charges per PP. I think you were able to get about 5-6+ with the others?

__________________

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #294
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

I've never had a problem with vehicles in this game, especially since its so easy to plasma pistol and than toss a few plasma grenades. Game over, easy as pie

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #295
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!
 
TheWiseGuy487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,556
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I love the new soundtrack, it's different but then again that's the point.

I really like some of the more moody tracks like "Solace", "Legacy" and "Green and Blue" aswell as the more epic stuff like "Nemisis" and "Revival."
I think "Immaterial" is probably one of my favorite tracks off of the entire soundtrack. It sounds like something from a horror film. It gives you this feeling like something is coming for you. Then, it sneaks up on you. Then, it goes back into hiding, giving you a false sense of security. And, finally, it comes back in full force.

The piano (my favorite instrument) is also used very effectively. Once you hear those first few "off-key" notes, you really get the sense that something isn't quite right.

Also, 3:31 will forever haunt my dreams. *shivers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7VnF4qAo4
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
You wanted to be the hero. Now you gotta pay the price.

5-.-2-.-14
_______________________

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #296
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,631
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Nah, I'm fine with new and better music to reflect the new direction and trilogy.
Yeah that kind of makes sense. The few bars of the Halo theme were great to remind people where we've been but new music is always great.

The last Cortana song was so beautiful. I might get it for my iphone.

I just finished Halo 4 and I only have one question. Why were the Covenant working with the Prometheans?

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!

Last edited by Silvermoth; 12-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #297
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,273
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

The Covenant in the game saw the Prometheans/Forerunners as gods. The main Elites (the ones that were led by Arbiter & helped the UNSC out in 3) don't believe in that & I'm sure they're not going to be happy when they find out a terrorist group is working with an ancient evil.

The Covenant in Halo 4 being terrorists also explains why they don't speak English. They probably refuse to wear the translators or whatever.

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #298
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,631
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Ah. Thanks

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #299
Benstamania
Finished The Fight
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 20,085
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
The Covenant in the game saw the Prometheans/Forerunners as gods. The main Elites (the ones that were led by Arbiter & helped the UNSC out in 3) don't believe in that & I'm sure they're not going to be happy when they find out a terrorist group is working with an ancient evil.

The Covenant in Halo 4 being terrorists also explains why they don't speak English. They probably refuse to wear the translators or whatever.
This. The one head Elite (forgive me..I forget his name) can speak English... he just chooses not to. When the Dr. they captured tells them that he's not that great with their language the Elite says "...Proooogress?" in an annoyed tone.

So...They can speak it, they just don't want to. I've heard grunts call my Spartan "demon's" in S.O. as well.

__________________
PSN: Benstamania
Xbox Live: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #300
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,688
Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

As I recall, none of the Covenent actuall spoke English, it was just some kind of translator in Chief's armor.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.