Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #551
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Finally brought MB, but she cost me a lot of gold and I've never spent that much gold on any one thing, but I just don't have the time to farm 200 cp and I'm not about to miss her again. Gonna have to do some of the gold offers to recoup the gold later.
don't have enough gold or CP and holding out for Deadpool

Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #552
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm still trying to decide if I want her or not, considering Deadpool is coming soon. I've been farming and saving CP ever since Beast came out so am just sitting on over 500 CP now. I'm leaning towards buying her but just am a little wary of spending 200 on her when there are multiple alternate suits I want.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #553
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Mockingbird is good in a fight, especially in the PVP but Deadpool IMO is cooler and I'm getting him

Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #554
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I'm still trying to decide if I want her or not, considering Deadpool is coming soon. I've been farming and saving CP ever since Beast came out so am just sitting on over 500 CP now. I'm leaning towards buying her but just am a little wary of spending 200 on her when there are multiple alternate suits I want.
You have 500 CP?! How in the world did you farm that many? You can afford two MB if you want, plus a 90 CP hero, you know. I'm sure you can get both MB and DP with that amount of CP.

As for me, I've been hitting a drought lately that's why I had to spend gold to get MB. I just cannot get any CP to drop, and it's incredibly frustrating. I've switched from 7.3 to 4.4 and hoping the change would do me good, but both are equally bad, and there's still tons of stuff I want to get (like Modern Dr. Strange).

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

Last edited by Raiden; 11-26-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #555
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
You have 500 CP?! How in the world did you farm that many? You can afford two MB if you want, plus a 90 CP hero, you know. I'm sure you can get both MB and DP with that amount of CP.
I did 7.3 for the longest time, then went straight into Chapter 9 and 5-starred all 6 missions in 3 weeks, and have now found 4.4 to be a CP goldmine (41 in 2.5 days.) I've also been hoarding in case of new heroes (have all but MB) or alternate suits I've been meaning to get. I'm just very cautious in how I spend my CP since they are so rare now. I typically won't spend any if I don't absolutely have to or need to.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #556
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did 7.3 for the longest time, then went straight into Chapter 9 and 5-starred all 6 missions in 3 weeks, and have now found 4.4 to be a CP goldmine (41 in 2.5 days.) I've also been hoarding in case of new heroes (have all but MB) or alternate suits I've been meaning to get. I'm just very cautious in how I spend my CP since they are so rare now. I typically won't spend any if I don't absolutely have to or need to.
Thanks for the heads up, i'll try getting some CP's that way.

I didnt get Mockingbird. Too expensive and i had recently just bought Beast. I'll save up for Deadpool. Who knows how expensive he will be.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #557
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Going try 4.4, was trying to farm in 7.3 but only get like 1 or 3 at the end

Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #558
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
Going try 4.4, was trying to farm in 7.3 but only get like 1 or 3 at the end
I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier since in 7.3, I'd go through long droughts before hitting a nice streak. Chaper 4.4 is more steady as I got another 8 in 2 runs through it this morning.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #559
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
don't have enough gold or CP and holding out for Deadpool
Same here. I just hope he doesn't cost me 200 CP, like MB.
I have 70 and I'm farming more.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #560
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
108 for me and only have about 16 gold, if it cost more then 200, I'm going be so pissed

Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #561
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Well, MB is a LE hero, but DP will not be (once he is available to the public). Therefore, I seriously doubt he will be a 200 CP; most likely a standard 90 CP hero like Cap.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #562
zenith16
Side-Kick

The problem is cause dead pool's popular from certain fans stand point,(and cause they are vocal about it) that marvel been seeing and they will tell this to the people of face book and playdom and the will most likely make deadpool be a 200 cp hero. So I can under stand why their both worried. it makes sense.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-28-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #563
Bim
Side-Kick

Yeah, i think that's what happened with Mockingbird. People went too nuts for her, and there we have it I hope he doesnt cost that much, but i'm saving CP's just in case.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #564
zenith16
Side-Kick

I think with mocking bird it's cause they made her soo rare in ability and cool as LE character just for this . cause from what I remember and know she's ok and all, but she's not that popular compared to alot of other characters from the comic's. If she wasn't made this way just in this game people playing this wouldn't have been depressed that they didn't get her. Cause they wouldn't have cared other wise. This is some thing marvel really should make note of more then ever now when their writing their characters make them all as cool as you can and you'll get praise for it and the characters will be in a better place cause of what you did and you'll be remembered for it . Too bad a lot of them don't get this concept often. (which is lame of them )

Last edited by zenith16; 11-28-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #565
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I think with mocking bird it's cause they made her soo rare in abilityand cool as LE character just for this . cause From I remember and know she's ok and all, but she's not that popular compared to alot of other characters from the comic's. If she wasn't made this way just in this game people playing this wouldn't have been depressed that they didn't get her. Cause they wouldn't have cared other wise. This some thing marvel really should make note of more then ever now when their writing their characters make them all as cool as you can and you'll get praise for it and the characters will be in a better place cause of what you did and you'll be remembered for it . Too bad a lot of them don't get this concept often. (which is lame of them )
Well, popularity has nothing to do with it, otherwise they'd have fixed Wolverine a long time ago and not let other Scrappers like Magik, GR, and even Black Cat's alt pass him by. Mockingbird is very good in PVP due to her abilities, and coupling that with her rarity made her a very coverted character. But I doubt many gamers brought her and that 200 CP price tag because it was just too outrageous, but I couldn't help it since I tried and failed to get her in SO1 and I'm not about to miss her the second time.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #566
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Spec Ops 5 is here and Valkyrie is the reward hero. Wouldn't be shocked to see another hero for CP be available soon.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #567
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Spec Ops 5 is here and Valkyrie is the reward hero. Wouldn't be shocked to see another hero for CP be available soon.
I was just about to post this:

I thought Vision was the SO5 hero?

Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #568
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
They couldn't wait? Still trying to keep my level in the PVP and now this? and trying to farm for more CP

Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #569
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm going to wait to start SO5 until the complete task list to get Valkyrie appears. There's usually a couple posters on the Playdom forums who do this and post it within a couple days of a SO starting. With it being 37 days long, people will easily have enough time to get her as long they max out their daily limit of UIso gifts.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #570
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm going to wait to start SO5 until the complete task list to get Valkyrie appears. There's usually a couple posters on the Playdom forums who do this and post it within a couple days of a SO starting. With it being 37 days long, people will easily have enough time to get her as long they max out their daily limit of UIso gifts.
don't be so sure, getting enough ISO is a pain in the ass and if you need 1 or 2 heroes that are 90 CP to complete the battle some of us be screw since I won't spend my CP cause I want to get Deadpool

Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #571
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

According to the forum, the elite boss is Destroyer and he's in mission 1, and you'll need the following heroes for deployment in order to unlock him: Storm, Shadowcat, Wolverine, and Beast.

Unfortunately, I only have Storm. I know there's 37 days but I'm going to take a two-week vacation in December so it's going to cut into my playtime in a major way. I don't want to have to skip it with gold but I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach, because I'd rather spend the gold than missing out on Valkyre.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #572
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
According to the forum, the elite boss is Destroyer and he's in mission 1, and you'll need the following heroes for deployment in order to unlock him: Storm, Shadowcat, Wolverine, and Beast.

Unfortunately, I only have Storm. I know there's 37 days but I'm going to take a two-week vacation in December so it's going to cut into my playtime in a major way. I don't want to have to skip it with gold but I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach, because I'd rather spend the gold than missing out on Valkyre.
crap, all I got is shadowcat, will be getting Wolverine but waiting until I see how much Deadpool going cost me

Guess I'll go after the special weapons

Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #573
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Recruiting Heroes: You will need certain heroes to complete task 25. To face the Epic Boss in mission 1, you will need to recruit Beast, Kitty Pryde, Storm, and Wolverine.
Out of those i'm just missing Wolverine, great. One of the crappiest heroes in the game (sadly) that i've avoided getting. Hopefully this means they'll fix him and make him more powerful.

Pointers for the first 7 tasks:
Quote:
Completing Tasks 1 ~ 7: First of all, make sure not to collect your UISO-8 from free gifts just yet as you will need it to complete task 7. Since mission 1 contains the Epic boss, you have the option of going after it if you want. If you do, you might as well complete task 2 in SpecOps, otherwise you can do it outside of it. Task 1 requires you to beat 3 prisoners, which you can do by beating a medium and low threat or two low threats. Once you completed task 2, you need to face a mini-boss for task 3. Wrecker should be the first mini-boss that shows up, so defeat him as soon as he appears. For task 4, defeat any combination of high and medium threats to complete it. Then you should be able to two-bird Enchantress to complete task 5. Start the research and wait for the timer to end to complete task 6 and if you followed my instructions, you should be able to collect 10 UISO-8 from free gifts to complete task 7.
I think i'll focus on getting Isos today, see the comments from people and start playing tomorrow.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #574
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Out of those i'm just missing Wolverine, great. One of the crappiest heroes in the game (sadly) that i've avoided getting. Hopefully this means they'll fix him and make him more powerful.

Pointers for the first 7 tasks:

I think i'll focus on getting Isos today, see the comments from people and start playing tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I forgot to read the guide before checking the progress on the research for task 6, and collected all the U-Iso for the day, so I've essentially wasted a day of progress. I'm not happy about it.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #575
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I'm not sure if this link for 50 free UIso will work for everyone but I'll give it a shot:
http://play.dm/b002S

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 12-01-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Closed Thread