The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #201
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,698
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Lol at "legendary". And not a hint of irony. Sheesh.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #202
KingMadness
Side-Kick
 
KingMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 567
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Regan is the one who will lead us to the promise land.

Reganite till I die.

KingMadness is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #203
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,197
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Preach it,brother!

Human Torch is online now  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #204
p4poetic
Side-Kick
 
p4poetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,377
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
Somewhere out there, legendary actress to be Bridget Regan is on a plane to be cast as Wonder Woman. My dreams will finally come true.
Does she have a twitter? Maybe someone should suggest to her that she should audition?

__________________
p4poetic is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #205
Lobo
Sith Fisto
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 33,375
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

She does, and she is aware of the fan support. There was even a video where she briefly talked about it

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Disney is embracing the concept of an expanded multi-platform universe in a way Lucas never would and EU fans are rejecting it because it's not the same universe where Chewie was killed by a moon.
<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #206
p4poetic
Side-Kick
 
p4poetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,377
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
She does, and she is aware of the fan support. There was even a video where she briefly talked about it
Oh that's great. Hopefully she goes for it. Her fan support will also bring in ratings.

__________________
p4poetic is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #207
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,885
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

I'd rather have Phoebe Tonkin over Bridget Reagan, but Reagan does look better in Perception than she did in Legend of the Seeker

__________________
DC Rises

Last edited by fanboiii; 12-02-2012 at 12:54 PM.
fanboiii is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #208
batdude
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Albq. New Mexico
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Phoebe Tonkin would be good idea.

batdude is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #209
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

For Wonder Girl.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #210
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,698
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Im gonna go out on a limb and suggest that WB doesnt really give a damn about the LotS "audience". It would be a miniscule fraction of the ginormous audience a tentpole WW movie needs to be profitable. They need an actress who has already had real success in film or at the very least mainstream television. Two seasons on a so-so syndicated fantasy show with a relatively tiny viewership doesnt even come close.

The smartest play is to cast a talented, relatively young movie star. Several good options available in that category. And keep in mind that its not a priority to choose an actress that resembles the generic perfection of the comic books. Irrelevant. Same goes for actresses who have worn leather skirts or swung a plastic sword in the past.


Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 12-02-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #211
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
it could be decent...but I just want a Wonder Woman movie
You cant get this imagery in a CW TV show:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:




I definitely agree with this. Even if they do try it, it just looks cheap. Its hard enough as is to get a street level hero like Green Arrow to look good on tv and the only special effect is the arrow's.

solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #212
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,698
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

ive also come around to the opinion that a WW tv show is probably a bad idea. oh well.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #213
Jordacar
The Endless One
 
Jordacar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 4,576
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

And if you think the greenscreen on "Once Upon a Time" is an eyesore, get a load of any CW show that uses it ever.

__________________

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #214
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,212
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Yeah the worst part about it coming to tv is the fact that its cw bringing it. The premise would have been perfect for the previous atempt to bring Diana to the small screen David E. Kelly just... erm nvm..

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #215
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,143
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post


I don't want to see a low-budget, teen soap-oriented Wonder Woman. WW more than any other currently cinematically-untapped superhero, imo, deserves a blockbuster tent-pole movie. The only way I could get excited about a TV show is if it were on a network that could give it the budget it would need to do the Greek mythology elements justice. The CW is not that network. Nor is it the network that would even TRY to make the WW show I want to see in the first place.
This perspective always twerks me. Fictional characters don't deserve anything. If WW would be a successful movie then she'll be a successful TV show. If the only thing that make WW awesome is big greek cgi monsters, then she's not really a great character, is she?

But she is a great character, so that should shine through, even in a teen soap-oriented narrative. Perhaps if she were just an okay character she would need an action-fantasy epic in order to be compelling.

For me personally, if it's as good as Arrow, I'd be absolutely thrilled to pieces.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is online now  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #216
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,212
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

^Agreed.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #217
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,190
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
[/SPOILER]

I definitely agree with this. Even if they do try it, it just looks cheap. Its hard enough as is to get a street level hero like Green Arrow to look good on tv and the only special effect is the arrow's.
Yeah, even though I would much rather watch a Green Arrow movie then a tv show heroes like him work for the small screen.

A character like Wonder Woman has so much big screen potential and I just think it would be bad to marginalize her to the small screen. Especially on CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
ive also come around to the opinion that a WW tv show is probably a bad idea. oh well.
Ive pretty mcuh always had that mindset about it. I mean if it turns out good, then great.

But you cant have Diana fighting hydras or chimeras and have it look as good as it would with a film that has a decent budget.

Blackman is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #218
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Personally I think a Wonder Woman TV Series cannot be done without hurting Diana's appearance on film because since whenever it does come out, it would deal in some way with her origins especially if Ares is involved in the plot. That is the advantage Smallville had even when it existed alongside SR.
It dealt with a different time in Superman's life than SR. That helped both to coexist and not be confusing to the GA.

Of course, SR managed to do that on its own anyway but that's another story!

PS: I posted a similar post on another thread,decided to repost here since it is pertaining to the discussion at hand.

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #219
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,930
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
This perspective always twerks me. Fictional characters don't deserve anything. If WW would be a successful movie then she'll be a successful TV show. If the only thing that make WW awesome is big greek cgi monsters, then she's not really a great character, is she?

But she is a great character, so that should shine through, even in a teen soap-oriented narrative. Perhaps if she were just an okay character she would need an action-fantasy epic in order to be compelling.

For me personally, if it's as good as Arrow, I'd be absolutely thrilled to pieces.
The character doesn't speak for herself. It's the writers who make her what she is. And if this show has crap writers (which 95% of CW shows have, Arrow included, IMO), it will be a crap show, and it won't even be possible for the potential awesomeness of the character to shine through. I HOPE this show falls into that other 5% and becomes a CW gem, but I've learned better than to expect it.

It's fine if you don't think fictional characters deserve things. I do. At least, when they are icons. Because icons mean things to people. WW is awesome not just because of her actions and her universe, but also because of what she represents and has represented in previous decades. CURRENTLY, she represents the one greatest hope women have in seeing themselves represented equally in one of the largest genres in entertainment. I find it a little silly that Marvel seems to have more faith in getting audiences to buy a talking badass raccoon than, say, a super-powered woman or minority. DC, meanwhile, has the greatest, most recognizable female superhero of all-time in their stable - the one most-likely to find success - and they're giving her the same treatment as their B-level Batman knock-off.

Sorry for the soapbox, but yeah, I do think WW deserves to be treated well. A teen-soap does not remotely qualify as "good treatment" for me. It didn't with Superman either, imo, though I know a lot of people on here loved Smallville and I'm not here to argue with them. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I understand your point. She's fictional, I'm not losing sleep over it. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna pretend to be excited that this character is getting this treatment, either.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 12-03-2012 at 01:44 AM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #220
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,698
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Wow. The fact that some of you would be satisfied with a WW show on par with Arrow or Smallville is just bizarre. WB/DC have really done a number on you over the years. They're serving you a crap sandwich and, because youre starving, you're actually grateful for the privilege to eat it. And now you want more of the same! Theyve inured you to sparse and mediocre product to the point that your standards are now ridiculously low. SIlver lining: At least this way you can't be disappointed.

All I can say is "Thank God for Marvel." Still, as a nominal DC fan, its a damn shame that its reached the point that a so-so, teen-centric show that bears almost no resemblance to the source material is now the new standard of excellence for future DC projects in some people's minds. My biggest fear is that the powers that be at WB agree with you. Diana (and the Flash and Green Lantern...) deserves much much better than this.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #221
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,112
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

A gave up about 2 years ago caring whether a live action film happens or not.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #222
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,449
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Mixed about tv show.On one hand im glad we get to see her on screen and the stuff ive heard about the show makes it sound like they are taking cues from azarellos ww which isa plus.The downside is that it pretty much tells us that Wb has no plans for a Wonderwoman movie at all.No spinoff from a Jl movie.And its depressing because Wonderwoman is better served in a movie. Theres also the fact its going to be on CW.Which means we are getting teeny boopers nonsense with it.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #223
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,078
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
A gave up about 2 years ago caring whether a live action film happens or not.
Yeah, that's what happens when the WB lets you down.

__________________
The swordsmanship's first achievement is the unity of man and sword. Once this unity is attained even a blade of grass can be a weapon.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #224
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,143
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
The character doesn't speak for herself. It's the writers who make her what she is. And if this show has crap writers (which 95% of CW shows have, Arrow included, IMO), it will be a crap show, and it won't even be possible for the potential awesomeness of the character to shine through. I HOPE this show falls into that other 5% and becomes a CW gem, but I've learned better than to expect it.

It's fine if you don't think fictional characters deserve things. I do. At least, when they are icons. Because icons mean things to people. WW is awesome not just because of her actions and her universe, but also because of what she represents and has represented in previous decades. CURRENTLY, she represents the one greatest hope women have in seeing themselves represented equally in one of the largest genres in entertainment. I find it a little silly that Marvel seems to have more faith in getting audiences to buy a talking badass raccoon than, say, a super-powered woman or minority. DC, meanwhile, has the greatest, most recognizable female superhero of all-time in their stable - the one most-likely to find success - and they're giving her the same treatment as their B-level Batman knock-off.

Sorry for the soapbox, but yeah, I do think WW deserves to be treated well. A teen-soap does not remotely qualify as "good treatment" for me. It didn't with Superman either, imo, though I know a lot of people on here loved Smallville and I'm not here to argue with them. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I understand your point. She's fictional, I'm not losing sleep over it. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna pretend to be excited that this character is getting this treatment, either.
I see your point, actually, I forgot about the writer factor. Still though, entertainment is not for soapboxes, and representing something is a great reason for speeches and movements, but doesn't an entertaining character needs to represent more than a real world cause?

What about being female is awesome? If Wonder Woman doesn't represent that currently, then she deserves academic papers, not summer movies. Certainly there are a thousand causes that deserve to be highlighted in film much more than female superheroes.

And regardless of what anyone thought of Smallville, it kept Superman in the public eye in a positive light, and created a generation of non-comics fans that see him as more than God-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Wow. The fact that some of you would be satisfied with a WW show on par with Arrow or Smallville is just bizarre. WB/DC have really done a number on you over the years. They're serving you a crap sandwich and, because youre starving, you're actually grateful for the privilege to eat it. And now you want more of the same! Theyve inured you to sparse and mediocre product to the point that your standards are now ridiculously low. SIlver lining: At least this way you can't be disappointed.

All I can say is "Thank God for Marvel." Still, as a nominal DC fan, its a damn shame that its reached the point that a so-so, teen-centric show that bears almost no resemblance to the source material is now the new standard of excellence for future DC projects in some people's minds. My biggest fear is that the powers that be at WB agree with you. Diana (and the Flash and Green Lantern...) deserves much much better than this.
Uh, bull? Superbull? Bull**** to the nth degree?

It's a stepping stone. WW needs a stepping stone, it's that simple. Part of the reason I'm excited about a WW show actually coming to fruition is that it sets her up to have a movie, much better than claiming a WW film is the morally right thing to do, especially with a thousand social causes being much more deserving of film than female superhero representation. "Deserves" has failed to bring us a film. It has failed to prove to execs that WW can make a boatload of money just for being faithful to Wonder Woman. More importantly "deserves" has failed to show execs what faithful to Wonder Woman even means, as there are a few distinct conflicting portrayals in comics, even in recent history.

That's part of what else excites me, that they're getting into the character instead or relying on monsters and spectacle to be the draw Clash of the Titans style. I could do without the nu52 brutality stuff, but the character they described is someone who would, like Smallville's CK, make WW more than a caricature in the minds of the masses. If people actually come to like *Diana* a movie is inevitable, and not only that, but we'll finally be free of all these half-arsed off putting characterizations she's had over the past 20 years, clearing the way for her to become a multimedia stronghold because the core of what she represents, beyond just having breasts, appeals to a lot of people.

Some fans want Wonder Woman to skip that step, those growing pains that Batman, Superman, The X-Men, Spider-Man, Captain America and Hulk have had to go through, perhaps because she didn't go though it with her contemporaries, or more accurately, stalled out in the 70s. Good luck with that. I guess you could say it worked for Iron Man, but that highlights the issue even further: success movies aren't made because they deserve to be made. They're made because there's a great story there that people want to see. WW needs that, right now she doesn't have it, and I think "Amazon" can give it to her.

*kicks Soapbox back to you guys*

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."

Last edited by DrCosmic; 12-03-2012 at 05:12 AM.
DrCosmic is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #225
Deathstroke
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 342
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Wow. The fact that some of you would be satisfied with a WW show on par with Arrow or Smallville is just bizarre. WB/DC have really done a number on you over the years. They're serving you a crap sandwich and, because youre starving, you're actually grateful for the privilege to eat it. And now you want more of the same! Theyve inured you to sparse and mediocre product to the point that your standards are now ridiculously low. SIlver lining: At least this way you can't be disappointed.
Haha. Exactly.


These characters deserve better than the Twillight treatment on The CW.

Deathstroke is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.