Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #701
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: Dmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
So they made Dante emo/punk to Westernize him?
No. There's nothing emo about this Dante. People say this way too much based on the first picture released, which looks different from the Dante we got now.

Quote:
This game won't sell because they ****ed with the fans, and that pisses me off. Game companies use proceeds from previous games to fuel new ones. Now
We'll see. Personally, I hope it becomes a huge success because they're really putting their soul into this project and we can see it in all of the details, so they deserve their money back. They're doing business, not just having fun, so they must appeal to as much people as they can. Capcom wasn't doing a DMC5 and I don't think it was really in their plans, so you should be glad that we're getting what we're getting.

Apparently, the fan base wasn't enough to turn a profit with the previous game, so it makes sense to try to appeal to something new. It's the exact same thing Marvel did with the Ultimate universe. You can see this as the ''Ultimate'' DmC, if you will. They're not continuing the story and changing Dante, they're doing a retelling of the mythos and bringing a new version of the same characters. It's an alternate timeline.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #702
zenith16
Side-Kick

ummm I don't think it's the same deal with marvel ultimate's half of the reason that series was done was also to have those new up and coming writers that didn't care the history between character a place to write those characters how ever they want with out being questioned by fans also when the latter see some thing out of character on well known titles characters in the main universe of 616. some may not admit to it. But that was also part of it. but that fell the through in a lot of places and they still have that problem with the main universe which 616 cause of the writers want to do that every where they work ona title of marvel.

Hell I think some one was trying to hook up ice man with kitty pryde due to the influence of the movies and the wolverine and x-men anime series which was some Bendis work too on that. which alot of fans say "what??? "

Any way that's always been a bad example.

ever since those early half of those movies (before marvel became movie studio them selves) came about, Marvels been a mess. And still some what is.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #703
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

They did it to appeal to a new audience and to adapt their history to modern times. And it's really hard to understand what you say.
I recommend using Google Translator.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #704
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah and they still made mess out it still . which is why alot of people seem to ... anyway I'm just gonna stop some one else can do this.

There were just other ways to do it. and they chose the bad way while on that universe and still managed to come 616 after that didn't work with their pr they put ultimate.

I don't want send this any further of topic then it already is with this. the fact that they also put some stuff plot wise that they had intended for the ultimate universe in the main ones shows that they are bit senile on what they are suppose to be working on.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-30-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #705
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
Listen. The art direction for this game looks stellar, and so does the combat system. All they needed to do was put in more effort. Add these improvements to a story about the characters we have come to know and love, and THEN you got a game going.
Yup, agreed. Like others have said, its been hinted that the old series isnt abandoned so hopefully down the road we will see that brought back. With all this backlash for the new character, bringing back old Dante will just create more hype now. Capcom will probably use that to their advantage.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #706
Nathan

Is Capcom actually smart like that?

Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #707
zenith16
Side-Kick

It's not about them being smart,(lol that's too much to expect for/from them) it's about profit for them. If they see it as profitable they'll do it.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-30-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #708
zenith16
Side-Kick

DmC – The Eye of Dante App Lets You Redeem Points For DmC OrbsDecember 5, 2012 . 12:10pm

Capcom have released a free DmC app titled Eye of Dante for iOS and Android devices, which can be used to redeem Orbs in the actual game.

source:Siliconera

Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #709
zenith16
Side-Kick

DmC Devil May Cry Coming To PC At 60fps (And Higher) In January [Update]

December 13, 2012 . 8:30amCapcom weren’t kidding when they said the PC version of DmC Devil May Cry would arrive soon after the console versions. [Update: Trailer added.]

Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #710
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok I didn't put up this last video of DMC cause at first after I saw the whole thin I thought it wasn't that important and it still might not be but this is the last video for now
according to capcom

A Look At DmC Devil May Cry’s “Son of Sparda” Difficulty

December 16, 2012 . 10:30amCapcom have shared a lengthy new video of DmC Devil May Cry that shows off the difference between the regular difficulty modes and the “Son of Sparda” difficulty.

and it mentions something in that video that leads to this bling

Dante's bling free when you buy Devil May Cry from Capcom

by David Hinkle (8 hours ago)

While Dante oozes style, we just kind of ooze. We could never pull off Dante's flashy pendant seen above. It's free to anyone who purchases a copy of DmC: Devil May Cry through the Capcom store.

Of course, you don't have to wear the pendant. You could just hang it somewhere, or lay it on a table near you while you silently prepare a sandwich during a Devil May Cry 4 installation. Yeah, that's right, we're bringing that gag back.

DmC: Devil May Cry launches on January 15, 2013 for the PS3 and Xbox 360; and on January 25 for the PC.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #711
zenith16
Side-Kick

Vergil Shows Off His Moves In DmC Devil May Cry TrailerDecember 27, 2012 . 8:30am

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Vergil is the star of a new DmC Devil May Cry trailer, showing off his fighting style, which looks rather different from Dante’s.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #712
KingMadness
Side-Kick

^ Makes no sense seeing these characters in an alternate universe. Should have just had a regular story.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #713
Spider-X
Big damn hero

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand preordered...here's what's brought me to this point.

I'm a MASSIVE Devil May Cry fan. Have been since the first game came out...so when the first few trailers and images were released for DmC I was dead set against the direction they were taking: emo, very serious, smoking, "edgy," meth addict looking, dark haired Dante...looked like crap to me. I hated it.

But then things started to take shape and it looked in large part due to deserved backlash for the art direction/character changes. Dante no longer looked like a methhead, he didn't have a stupid haircut, he doesn't smoke, he has a cocky attitude that shows he doesn't take himself too seriously...he's pretty much a younger version of Dante from the universe I fell in love with that's maybe not as cheesy as DMC3's Dante and now has black hair (not a giant deal all things considered).

Then we take into consideration the art direction of the urban environments shifting in front of your eyes as the very ground and walls you battle on try to kill you...it looked great.

Theeeeeeeeeen the demo came out. I'm not a major fan of the lack of lock-on and the stinger feels a bit hamfisted...but I can't remember the last time I've played a demo this much...try out different difficulties in order to get the deep and very fun combat mechanics down...and now that I've got the combat down better it's even more fun. And i'm not particularly in love with some of the immature dialog...but that exchange he has in the demo with the boss before the battle where he insults her and then she goes "F**K YOU!" and Dante basically goes "lulz...f**k you," and then she goes "F**K YOOOOOOOOOU!"...I don't know why but Dante's "pff...whatever" attitude and the dialog in that exchange cracks me up every time.

Also, the game's story doesn't look half bad either. It looks to give a deeper understanding of Dante's family and personal mechanics and it appears the key story points from the original are all in place: Mundus, Sparta, Vergil, half demon (half angel now too...not bad, could be interesting). And while I've never loved the gameplay mechanics of Ninja Theory games (Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, I'm looking at you)...the stories and art direction have been pretty much top notch, really.

Then, to top it off, I checked out the trailer for playing as Vergil and he's got the teleporting down, the ethereal light swords, the katana (please call it Yamato!)...it looks great.

So here I am...taking a 180 on a game that appears to have taken somewhat of a similar/sever shift itself. And between this game and MGR Revengeance, it's looking to be a hack and slash fan's wet dream these next 2 months no matter how you slice it (pun intended).

Anyone else here in the same boat as yours truly? Is there really anyone else seriously still stuck on just his hair being black? Because I'm thinking this game is going to be fun as hell.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #714
Nathan

I occasionally read some articles, watch some clips, but I still haven't warmed up to the new take. Not going to say it will suck, might turn out fun, but my interest hasn't increased at all, since the announcement of the reboot.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #715
def28
Side-Kick

Gameplay sold me on it. Its pretty awesome. Not sold on the story or new Dante at all yet.

After watching a few videos where hes more held back in his attitude, I dug the take a bit more. Doesnt come off as forced and you still get the point. When hes being an arrogant little **** dropping f bombs makes me want to cancel my preorder. Doesnt have that same fun appeal as the other character.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #716
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

It's the gameplay that has got me to buy this. I'll judge the story and the characters after I play through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-X View Post
Anyone else here in the same boat as yours truly? Is there really anyone else seriously still stuck on just his hair being black? Because I'm thinking this game is going to be fun as hell.
What I feel is that, if his hair was white, these complaints we see (it doesn't feel like DMC, combat is too slow, blah blah) would be reduced by half.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #717
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
After watching a few videos where hes more held back in his attitude, I dug the take a bit more. Doesnt come off as forced and you still get the point. When hes being an arrogant little **** dropping f bombs makes me want to cancel my preorder. Doesnt have that same fun appeal as the other character.
Yeah, some of the "douchie punk kid" attitude can be detracting...though it might come off better in the context of the actual complete story/game...kind of a stretch, but perhaps he even matures a bit throughout the course of the game given the seriousness of some situations that follow. Vergil seems really mature and put together in comparison...perhaps there's a bit of coming-of-age to be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
It's the gameplay that has got me to buy this. I'll judge the story and the characters after I play through it.What I feel is that, if his hair was white, these complaints we see (it doesn't feel like DMC, combat is too slow, blah blah) would be reduced by half.
Indeed...and I'd say, considering how much of a mega-fan I am of the whole DMC series so far (with the exclusion of DMC2...such a bummer), what I'd said on the matter in my post above says a lot coming from me. So I have one word for those folks still stuck on that topic: shallow

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #718
Spider-X
Big damn hero

First review = 89%, "Bold, brutal and utterly brilliant"

Goods start!

Source

EDIT: and another! 9/10 from LEVEL magazine!

Source

EDIT AGAIN: aaaaaaaaaand another! 9/10 from X360 magazine in UK!!!

Source

~ Malcom Reynolds

Last edited by Spider-X; 01-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #719
Nathan

Here's the review Thread from the Capcom Unity boards with a couple more reviews.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #720
Project862006
Banned User

anyone play the demo awesome!!!

that boss got a mouth on it lol

Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #721
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

I only played a little of the demo before i turned it off to go preorder it. I only needed like 10 min with it to determine i was in.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #722
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, some of the "douchie punk kid" attitude can be detracting...though it might come off better in the context of the actual complete story/game...kind of a stretch, but perhaps he even matures a bit throughout the course of the game given the seriousness of some situations that follow. Vergil seems really mature and put together in comparison...perhaps there's a bit of coming-of-age to be had.
I hope so, so far its my biggest gripe. I have no problem with cursing but it comes across as an annoying 13 year old just discovering new words to impress his friends.

I think he works pretty well in the intro of this clip. Hope the character comes across with more reserved arrogance then we are led to believe.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #723
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

Unless there's a new demo,most played it a couple of months ago. It was great. Im hoping this game does well

Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #724
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

List of achievements and trophies:
http://exophase.com/game/dmc-xbox/achievements/

"Completed all missions on Hell and Hell difficulty"

That's what I feared. I'll never get the Platinum Trophy for this game.

Quote:
First review = 89%, "Bold, brutal and utterly brilliant"

Goods start!

Source

EDIT: and another! 9/10 from LEVEL magazine!

Source

EDIT AGAIN: aaaaaaaaaand another! 9/10 from X360 magazine in UK!!!

Source
Yay! That is great. I'm about to preorder my edition with Vergil's DLC.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #725
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I hope so, so far its my biggest gripe. I have no problem with cursing but it comes across as an annoying 13 year old just discovering new words to impress his friends.

I think he works pretty well in the intro of this clip. Hope the character comes across with more reserved arrogance then we are led to believe.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Agreed...though I do enjoy sarcasm and quips from my dante...they just don't need to be laden with swear words.

And I've never seen that clip before...the part looks freaking awesome.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Closed Thread