The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #776
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, maybe Cyclops ends up alive as a result of altering the timeline? Or maybe we get a new, younger version join the team? I think it would be good to include the character at some point and give him a solid portrayal as team leader. Many of the fans' complaints centre on the use/misuse of Cyclops in this franchise.
I don't think this is the right timing for Cyclops to return and be the team leader. With the cast so big, I doubt Cyclops would really shine as the team leader of the X-Men. If this is X-Men 4 or a sequel from First Class that will not feature people from the future, he could be a perfect addition. With X-Men 4, his resurrection or his mysterious comeback could be the whole plot for the movie. Then with the First Class sequel that is not intended to feature DOFP as the storyline, they could show us how Professor X met him. But with Days of Future Past, I don't think he'd have a huge role in the movie and people would just be disappointed with Cyclops again.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #777
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think this is the right timing for Cyclops to return and be the team leader. With the cast so big, I doubt Cyclops would really shine as the team leader of the X-Men. If this is X-Men 4 or a sequel from First Class that will not feature people from the future, he could be a perfect addition. With X-Men 4, his resurrection or his mysterious comeback could be the whole plot for the movie. Then with the First Class sequel that is not intended to feature DOFP as the storyline, they could show us how Professor X met him. But with Days of Future Past, I don't think he'd have a huge role in the movie and people would just be disappointed with Cyclops again.
Yes. I didn't necessarily mean in this next movie. The one after that would be a better opportunity.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #778
Angamb
Banned User

Any actor from original trilogy could get a decent role without getting the spotlight. It just depends on what Bryan wants to do and which characters are more interesting for this story, at the end of the day.

Just because Hugh, Ian and Patrick are on the movie doesnt mean the other x-men cant shine too.

The key is BALANCE. something Josh did pretty well on Avengers and something Bryan and Fox should have learnt from it.

Last edited by Angamb; 11-30-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #779
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Now that Wolverine is confirmed the one I'm most hoping for is Iceman, I've always thought his potential visually has remained untapped.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #780
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Now that Wolverine is confirmed the one I'm most hoping for is Iceman, I've always thought his potential visually has remained untapped.
If he returns, he should show him in ice-form all the time!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #781
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
If he returns, he should show him in ice-form all the time!
then the actors face would get no screen time, and studio's ain't big fans of that

Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #782
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
then the actors face would get no screen time, and studio's ain't big fans of that
Ice Form toys is better then Bobby toys

Old 11-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #783
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I think the studio would be fine with more iced up Bobby as no offense to Ashmore, but he's not quite as big a name as he used to be. Plus, there are plenty of other actors/characters who will most likely have bigger roles than him; Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue and/or Kitty. If anything he may be given the Colossus role in the comic, if they adapt the relations from it.

I'd say Jason Flemyng has a good shot to return as Azazel, and I do believe that Emma Frost will return; as for it being January Jones I don't know, I had no problem with her, but out of the criticisms of performances, I know she was in the not so well received side, along with Zoe Kravitz. But hey, if Kitty Pryde can be recast 3 times, I don't see why Emma can't.

I honestly don't see Storm coming back sadly, at least not with Halle because of all of her personal drama in her life, plus she didn't have the best relationship with Singer, and as well as Ashmore, she's not as big a box office draw as she used to be.

Depending on Marsden's shot at Guardians of the Galaxy, I don't know if he'd be back if he gets cast. I can't see him doing both movies unless Fox Studios somehow grows to not care about it this time around.

I think Cudmore would be back in some capacity, due to his Twilight series involvement. I don't see Stanford returning, though I'd be happy if he did. I hope Lucas Till returns as Havok, and I honestly wouldn't mind if Tim Pocock returned as young Cyclops despite it being in X-MO:W; he's decent enough in Dance Academy, and I wouldn't see young Cyclops being a huge role. I hope to see Kea Wong back as Jubilee and actually be given something to do other than a small cameo; something, anything.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #784
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I want James Marsden back if he doesn't get the Galaxy job, could create a good dynamic between the brothers if they explore that area.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #785
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
But Cyclops already died in X3. At least there's a reason why Magneto and Professor X can still come back. At the end of X3, Magneto is still alive and it looked like his powers were starting to return, even he's still powerless, he's still Magneto. Professor X's mind went to a different body. Bringing back all the major characters that were already killed or depowered is just too much. They are putting so many characters, it sounds exciting right now but I'm afraid, this is gonna be one of the major criticisms when the movie is out.
Technically they can all return depending what they decide to show in the timeline. I wouldn't count anybody out. There is a way to balance the screen time , but I don't think they'll spend half the budget on cameos either.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #786
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I mentioned the idea of cyclops only still being alive in the alternate timeline...

which would mean that in helping fix the timeline, the save the fate of mutant kind, he would have to knowing face his own fate (as if the original timeline is resourced, there's a good chance that he'll be dead, in the future they return too)

Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #787
NanaT
X-Men United!

wonder who will be the next member of the original cast to be announced after they announce Hugh Jackman.

When I go to certain sites people say the next they expect is Halle berry and other sites think the least likely to appear is halle Berry. Then there is the supposed bad relationship between her and Singer that apparently neither of them have gotten over despite it happening almost ten years ago. Her character does appear in the comic and Halle would be stupid not to reprise the role as it would be a huge career boost. Her return is controversial.

Famke janssen has already hinted at returning and
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
according to rumours she has a cameo appearance in The Wolverine.
So I could see her returning. Her character did not appear in the comic though and she is dead in the movieverse.

James Marsden is as much a question mark as halle Berry with his negotiations to star in GoTG as the Star Lord but he has expressed interest in helping in reprising his role. His character did not appear in Dofp comic.

Anna Paquin seems to have the most things against her return, her recent childbirth, her commitments to True Blood etcetera. but she could make an appearance. Her chracter doesn't appear in the comics either but she could be the replacement for Kitty pryde.

Everyone else is uncertain almost all of them could appear but its down to the story they're using and if they're characters are relevant although I wouldn't rule out cameos from them. Colossus is the only other chracter that appeared in Dofp that is still not involved in the dofp movie yet.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #788
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
That wouldn't hurt the film, Iceman's X3 ice-form looked really cool and since this is a movie and visual effects are expensive for FOX, I think he'd only be in Ice form during the action scenes.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #789
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I dont think anyone would be against his Ice form. I think more complaints would get thrown if he didnt ice up. Im sure Singer and crew are aware of that.

Last edited by def28; 11-30-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #790
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Iceman wouldn't be one of the main leads so him contributing mostly iced up in action sequences would not be a problem.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #791
NanaT
X-Men United!

I would only want Ice Man to be in it if he contributed to the story in some way instead of just added because of the special effects. the film seems likely to be crowded with mutants and some of them have to be dead/MIA for this dystopian future to be believable.

Having said that I wouldn't be against Shawn Ashmore making a cameo appearance where we see his character killed. Maybe in a montage at the beginning where we see other characters killed. That would be nice to see.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #792
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

There are going to be budgetary considerations too - the cost of actor salaries and the special effects their powers require.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #793
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I would only want Ice Man to be in it if he contributed to the story in some way instead of just added because of the special effects. the film seems likely to be crowded with mutants and some of them have to be dead/MIA for this dystopian future to be believable.
Weve gotten to know Iceman through three films, if they want to have him Ice up I would say more power to them. Its not like he came outta nowhere. Better to use him then a new character,even if hes not contributing as much. We will always have those kind of characters. If they use him, might as well give him some cool moments since he barely did anything action wise in the others.

Last edited by def28; 12-01-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #794
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Weve gotten to know Iceman through three films, if they want to have him Ice up I would say more power to them. Its not like he came outta nowhere. Better to use him then a new character,even if hes not contributing as much. We will always have those kind of characters.
And because we have gotten to know him so well it would probably serve the story better for him to have died and to have the team react to that then to have him in the film in the background having nothing but special effects scenes and bad oneliners. If the character doesn't serve the story the theire presence just takes away from from scenes that could be used to develop other characters and to help tell a better story. And I don't mean just Ice Man. Any character that won't serve the story should be cut out. We have enough mutants with cool powers that could be used to create amazing special effects pieces. (magneto, wolverine)

Old 12-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #795
J'adore
Vous

None. But I know that isn't gonna happen. I didn't agree with any of the casting (maybe Halle Berry...even then...). I'd love more than anything for a new Kitty though!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #796
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Having said that I wouldn't be against Shawn Ashmore making a cameo appearance where we see his character killed. Maybe in a montage at the beginning where we see other characters killed. That would be nice to see.
Yeah, it would be awesome to see some of the less prominent characters killed off in an opening scene. Shawn Ashmore would probably work for pennies just to be in the movie. Aaron Stanford and Daniel Cudmore too. These three could be had on the cheap so no reason not to have them make tiny cameos.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #797
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
And because we have gotten to know him so well it would probably serve the story better for him to have died and to have the team react to that then to have him in the film in the background having nothing but special effects scenes and bad oneliners. If the character doesn't serve the story the theire presence just takes away from from scenes that could be used to develop other characters and to help tell a better story. And I don't mean just Ice Man. Any character that won't serve the story should be cut out. We have enough mutants with cool powers that could be used to create amazing special effects pieces. (magneto, wolverine)
As of right now any character who was an X Men team member in the previous films fits the story. We have no idea what will happen, or how long these future scenes will be. The Future scenes will be Sentinel fighting. Thats about all we know. If Ices mans there he better Ice up. Theres no excuse to ignore that in these films now since hes been established he does that.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #798
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
None. But I know that isn't gonna happen. I didn't agree with any of the casting (maybe Halle Berry...even then...). I'd love more than anything for a new Kitty though!
Who is your comment directed at. I ask this because I do not understand the post and you do not have a quote referenced.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #799
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
As of right now any character who was an X Men team member in the previous films fits the story. We have no idea what will happen, or how long these future scenes will be.
I know. My comment was never meant to be interpreted as iceman not serving the story. His character could very well be the most important and integral in the entire film. I just meant that if he was not then he shouldn't be shoehorned in

Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #800
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know. My comment was never meant to be interpreted as iceman not serving the story. His character could very well be the most important and integral in the entire film. I just meant that if he was not then he shouldn't be shoehorned in
Well, I really dont think that will be the case haha. Same with a few of the other X men. There will be side characters, as there always are. They can all be developed as characters but certain characters will take main stroylines. Its happened in every single X men film. They could easily have Iceman helping the others escape from Sentinels, and if thats all he did I would have no problem with that. Theres alot of others things goen on.

I see what your saying, I just think (depending on the character) its ok to have background players who arent as pivotal. I would like to see everyone get their time but Ive learned thats not the case with these films.
Quote:
Who is your comment directed at. I ask this because I do not understand the post and you do not have a quote referenced.
I think they dont want any returning actors if Im not mistaken.

Last edited by def28; 12-01-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Closed Thread