The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who are top top three Bat Family characters that you want to see in future movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Kurt! View Post
Of course it counts,it's my thread!
You, sir, are good man.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who are top top three Bat Family characters that you want to see in future movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edguy View Post
Just Alfred and Bruce, I can't take Batman, or any other character, seriously with sidekicks..

Oh, and Selina Kyle, if that counts..
My preference too. I can care less if we ever see Robin, and i'm not big on seeing other sidekicks fighting in a suit alongside Batman. Makes him look like he can't handle his enemies on his own, which he should be able to. Of course an Arkham City "every freak is on the loose" concept could make me change my mind in having Robin aid the Batman.

But if i had to choose some bat-family members to fight with him, it would only be Grayson.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
When you say that I honestly wish Nolan didn't name John Blake "Robin". I feel that Robin deserves to be done right after
After The Dark Knight Rises, some can say the same thing, who didn't enjoy TDKR, with Nolan having Bruce Wayne retire at the end since Bruce Wayne, apparently, should never retire in the eyes of some fans.

But, imo, Nolan's usage of Robin was done right...a conglomeration of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake. That was a very smart way to use Robin with taking in nods and references of the first three Robins while making something new that would fit into Nolan's Bat universe.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

My only problem with Bruce being Batman forever is that it can easily dwell into TDK Returns territory, with borderline psycho Batman.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #30
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Dick Grayson -> Robin -> Nightwing
Barbara Gordon -> Batgirl -> Oracle
Tim Drake -> Robin

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #31
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
After The Dark Knight Rises, some can say the same thing, who didn't enjoy TDKR, with Nolan having Bruce Wayne retire at the end since Bruce Wayne, apparently, should never retire in the eyes of some fans.

But, imo, Nolan's usage of Robin was done right...a conglomeration of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake. That was a very smart way to use Robin with taking in nods and references of the first three Robins while making something new that would fit into Nolan's Bat universe.
I loved it. It's a nice amalgamation of the 3 Robins without putting him in tights & a cape. Which i never cared for most of the time. That's me though. I understand why the purists don't like it, but i had an opposite reaction.

Robin is inevitable but please no Batgirl!

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #32
Baramos
Side-Kick

I loved the storyline in the New 52 Batman & Robin 1-8 so if they wanted to adapt a version of the Bruce-Damien dynamic that would be fine with me.

A (good) Catwoman movie!

Dick Grayson/Nightwing would be good too.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
You, sir, are good man.

Back at ya Kitchen.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #34
TheBat447
Side-Kick

If they were ever to do Robin, he should be a little more like the Arrow TV character, in my mind. Rather than have a suit made - just make use of what he already has.

TheBat447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #35
Karem-Knight
Side-Kick

I would like the following; Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd and Tim Drake. Jean Paul Valley would be a nice treat as well.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #36
66 Face
Side-Kick

Maybe now that a revamps going to be done bringing in Robin and avoiding an origin is the way to go.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #37
UmbilicalNoose
Banned User

Dick Grayson and Robin of course. Progressing into NightwingBarbara Gordon, maybe as Batgirl, maybe, but definitely eventually have Oracle I like Tim better than Jason, but A Death In The Family could be such a great arc on film...

UmbilicalNoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Dick Grayson Robin becoming Nightwing.
Barbara Gordon Batgirl becoming Oracle.
Jason Todd trying out Robin, ending up "dead" and then becoming Red Hood.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #39
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Funny thing is that I've never particularly cared for Jason Todd but his death,it's effect and his eventual return as the Red Hood has so much movie potential. I'd even settle for Clayface impersonating Robin/Red Hood if they went that route.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote