The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Are you concerned about other movies impacting B.O. performance of MOS?
YES 17 26.98%
NO 46 73.02%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #51
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel - worried about Star Trek 2, Iron Man 3, and The Wolverine?

MoS should have released December 2012. There is not competition in December

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #52
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: Man of Steel - worried about Star Trek 2, Iron Man 3, and The Wolverine?

I have a feeling this trailer with The Hobbit may just blow us all away.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #53
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
It better. I better be having to grab my inhaler and change my pants by the end of it LOL.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #54
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Except for The Hobbit

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #55
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I'm not saying it cant blow up June. Harry Potter 3 inflates to 125/320 mill. Potter > Supes, though this will have 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
It better. It must.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #56
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Once again, i ask the question WHY THE **** DIDN'T WB RELEASE THIS IN JULY ! ? ! ?
If they released it in July it wld have to compete with pacific rim.

Personally I think they got the best they cld.May was out thanks to Ironman,July was out thanks to Pacific rim but they have the advantage of releasing it on supes anniversary in June.At least thats how i understand it

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #57
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post

Old 12-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #58
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Except for The Hobbit
Well they are both WB films. Basically they had a choice, MOS or the Hobbit. I am kinda glad they decided to push it back, gives more time to market the film as well as work on the CGI. Last thing we want is another GL marketing failure. They didnt do anything until a month or so before release.

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #59
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
Well they are both WB films. Basically they had a choice, MOS or the Hobbit. I am kinda glad they decided to push it back, gives more time to market the film as well as work on the CGI. Last thing we want is another GL marketing failure. They didnt do anything until a month or so before release.
You do realize I was implying what you're saying, yes?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #60
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
"Both those films will be piles of ****?"

Have you seen Monsters Inc? It's in the ranks of the Toy Story franchise and Finding Nemo. Not to mention it's upcoming 3D rerelease. There's going to be hype for it, and it will influence MOS' Box Office heavily. Poor planning on WB's behalf.
I hate Pixar films. I agree that it was poor planning on WB's part.

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #61
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well I know is not Pixar but Dream Works Rise of the Guardians hasn't been doing so well so maybe that'll happen to Monsters University, although I suppose ROTG isn't coming off a successful first film. But it has been long time since Monsters Inc.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #62
Deathstroke
Banned User

I think the Star Trek Into Darkness footage will be the biggest highlight of The Hobbit trailers and will outdo and outshine the MoS trailer.

The trailers for the first Trek film were incredible. This one especially:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWkx9m3x-ak

They drew the general public into a franchise they didn't previously care for and gave it new life.

Deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #63
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
I think the Star Trek Into Darkness footage will be the biggest highlight of The Hobbit trailers and will outdo and outshine the MoS trailer.

They drew the general public into a franchise they didn't previously care for and gave it new life.
Well it's only on the IMAX showings so I don't think that's entirely true

Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #64
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:

sadly I agree.Which brings me to my 1st piont-This Mos trailer shld have been attached with TDKR instead.Unless the trailer is Super-duper epic star trek will drown it out.
Wolverine has no chance.

Last edited by Zionite1; 12-01-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #65
Deathstroke
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well it's only on the IMAX showings so I don't think that's entirely true
The eleven minutes? Or the trailer?

There's two promotional pieces for Star Trek Into Darkness.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #66
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
sadly I agree.Which brings me to my 1st piont-This Mos trailer shld have been attached with TDKR instead.Unless the trailer is Super-duper epic star trek will drown it out.
Wolverine has no chance.
Had they put it with Rises that would've been an entire year before it was released and audiences would've gotten bored with waiting etc, putting it with the Hobbit is the smarter move.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #67
Deathstroke
Banned User

They should have given use something a bit more unique with the MoS teaser.

It was basically the same old. Nothing to really set it apart from the other stuff for general audiences. No hook to draw them in to care besides the Nolan name.

I'm getting the impression that Pacific Rim will be WB's baby next year. They will promote the hell out of it.

MoS is the film that no one at WB wanted but they were still forced into making it. I think the promotion for the film will reflect that. That's also likely why they carelessly tossed it into June.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #68
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

It was basically the same old. Nothing to really set it apart from the other stuff for general audiences. No hook to draw them in to care besides the Nolan name.

I'm getting the impression that Pacific Rim will be WB's baby next year. They will promote the hell out of it.

MoS is the film that no one at WB wanted but they were still forced into making it. I think the promotion for the film will reflect that. That's also likely why they carelessly tossed it into June.
I agree that we should've gotten more whilst I liked it, it was quite weird tbh. I do feel they should have gone with the Con footage maybe trimmed it down a little but I do feel it was a missed opportunity however I think if the next trailer us kick ass it really won't matter.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, I mean Avengers wasn't expected to be the 3rd highest grossing film of all-time but things happen so we'll find out next year.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #69
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Deathstroke must be a superman hater.

Star trek Into Darkness trailer that will be with the hobbit is only one minute long.That trailer will be meh!

The 9 minute footage is only in select imax theatres and eveybody won't see it.

MOS will be the highlight trailer with the hobbit and it will be the last trailer that get played.MOS will steal the show, NOT star trek Into Darkness.

superhero#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #70
Victarion
Cut

Nolan's name will get butts in seats. The spectacle and story will keep people coming back.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #71
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Quote:

They hire.

DIRECTOR: Zack Snyder

PRODUCER: Christopher Nolan

WRITER: David S. Goyer

COMPOSER: Hands zimmer

VISUAL EFFECTS: Weta Digital

ALLSTAR CAST: Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Kevin Costner as Jonathan "Pa" Kent, Diane Lane as Martha "Ma" Kent, Michael Shannon as Zod, Russel Crowe as Jor-El, Aylet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van, Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy, Harry Lennix as General Swanwick, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Antje Traue as Faora.

BUDGET: It has to be atlease 200m.

They Waste time and money to convert it to 3D.

All that talent and money for a movie they don't care about yea okay.

Pacific Rim Is not a guarantee hit.It can flop for all we know.Look at john carter,Dredd,TotalRecall, Battleship if you don't beleave me.

You sound like a hater.

superhero#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #72
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero#1 View Post
They hire.

ALLSTAR CAST: Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Kevin Costner as Jonathan "Pa" Kent, Diane Lane as Martha "Ma" Kent, Michael Shannon as Zod, Russel Crowe as Jor-El, Aylet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van, Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy, Harry Lennix as General Swanwick, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Antje Traue as Faora.

BUDGET: It has to be atlease 200m.

Pacific Rim Is not a guarantee hit.It can flop for all we know.Look at john carter,Dredd,TotalRecall, Battleship if you don't beleave me.

You sound like a hater.
All three had pretty mediocre marketing. Strong Marketing is something that will make or break this film success wise. I really hope WB knows that.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #73
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:

You sound like a Paramount guy.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #74
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hmm...the teaser isn't unique? For a teaser representing a Superman film? I know plenty of people in 'the biz' who'd disagree.

'The same old'..? OK, then... Call me when Mr. Bay delivers an actual Cybertronian tale for Transformers 4.

That's why these are called 'announcement teasers'...they're meant as announcements that the film is coming. I also think the campaigns behind some upcoming Summer 2013 tentpoles are adopting some old-fashioned techniques...not showing so much, so early. You know...the way things used to be.

All of Warner Bros. Summer tentpoles are their 'babies.' Things will begin to 'pop' for both films in December. Take a deep breath.

Your last statement is rather full of inaccuracies that I'm not going to qualify here...

Look. No one can predict the future (or box office), but as William Goldman also so famously said about this industry: "Nobody knows anything." The film itself will prove whether it deserves an audience...or not (usually).

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 12-01-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #75
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero#1 View Post
They hire.

BUDGET: It has to be at least 200m.

Yeah, that's a pretty B-level cast and crew, you know...I mean, that's a real step down from the last cast and crew to take on this character...

'Hands.' Heh. I wonder if that's what his friends call him...or perhaps his wife?