The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #201
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

When did Eddie attempt suicide?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #202
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Default Re: Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

In the comics, not an initial draft of the script

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #203
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ahh, okay. Thought you meant a draft of the script, lol.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #204
NCBIII
Side-Kick

-The overall look of the movie. Something about the cinematography sets a tone that I happen to really like.

-The score. To this day I'm furious about the legal disputes that prevented a proper score release, but at least I have the score bits people ripped from the dvd years ago.

-Tobey Maguire. I know people immediately think of him with the symbiote and groan, but even in the scenes without it I feel he FINALLY seemed comfortable in the role, and I would much rather watch a more lively, confident TMags as Peter than what we got in SM1 and SM2. It seemed like he was starting to make the character his own, and I find it more entertaining and interesting to watch, even if it's within the context of a movie that isn't quite up to par.

-James Franco seemed MUCH more lively, as well.

-Sandman's birth, Rosemary Harris, Bryce Dallas Howard, the church scene, the armored car fight, Symbiote Peter vs. Harry, the final scene between Peter and MJ.

Last edited by NCBIII; 11-13-2012 at 03:10 AM.
NCBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #205
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBIII View Post
-TMags. I know people immediately think of him with the symbiote and groan, but even in the scenes without it I feel he FINALLY seemed comfortable in the role, and I would much rather watch a more lively, confident TMags as Peter than what we got in SM1 and SM2. It seemed like he was starting to make the character his own, and I find it more entertaining and interesting to watch, even if it's within the context of a movie that isn't quite up to par.
I'm with you on that one
I was thinking of Magazines reading TMags, then the symbiote part got me thinking Topher Grace

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #206
NCBIII
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I'm with you on that one
I was thinking of Magazines reading TMags, then the symbiote part got me thinking Topher Grace
lol, Woops. I saw someone call him TMags here a while ago, and the name always stuck with me.

NCBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #207
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Very true, the returning cast was perhaps the best thing about the movie. Maguire, Dunst, Harris, even Franco. I think the parts with "good ol' nerdy Harry" were some of my favourite scenes in this, he seemed to be popping out of the comics from the 70s.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #208
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I never had that much of a problem with Brock asking God to kill Peter since that was such an awesome moment(the birth of Venom),but I can understand why alot of you hate it. Maybe he should've said to God,"I beg your forgiveness...because I'm going to murder Peter Parker."
Now that would've been much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
****, I hate it when I think of smarter ideas than actual screenwriters/directors.
heh. Lazy Hollywood-types be lazy.

I admit I loved the part where the symbiote latched onto Pete for the first time, and loved the way the movie looked -- from the bright colourful shots to the darker, more Tim Burtony feel to some of the scenes. My favourite scene would have to be Spidey vs Sandman in the subway and then the sewers, that's up there as a classic and much better than the last battle. Sandman's first arrival was fun as well, and maybe I'm partial but I loved MJ in this more than in SM2.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #209
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I love the scene when Peter and MJ are lying in the webbing in Central Park. That scene is so beautiful, especially when the camera pans around them when they are kissing (right as the symbiote falls from the sky).

I thought the score was great in this movie, too. Though it is too bad Danny Elfman didn't return, Christopher Young did a really good job. If I wasn't told Elfman didn't score it, I would have never known.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #210
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I loved the two birth scenes. It's really iconic how Eddie Brock asks for God to kill Peter and the next moment the symbiote comes from the sky. And it all happens in a church. I love it.

Sandman's family with the sick daughter being a reason for him to rob banks. I really liked that.

The "So goooood!" line by Franco is awesome.

The underground fight with Sandman is great! I loved the way Spidey swinged under the track to kick Sandman's back, into a coming train. Sandman lenghtening his leg and punch away Spidey just before that. Just wow! Raimi really had an eye for action awesomeness.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #211
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Imo, I think the two birth scenes would be a favorite for a lot of people, even the ones, like me, who simply hated Spider-Man 3.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #212
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I loved the two birth scenes. It's really iconic how Eddie Brock asks for God to kill Peter and the next moment the symbiote comes from the sky. And it all happens in a church. I love it.

Sandman's family with the sick daughter being a reason for him to rob banks. I really liked that.

The "So goooood!" line by Franco is awesome.

The underground fight with Sandman is great! I loved the way Spidey swinged under the track to kick Sandman's back, into a coming train. Sandman lenghtening his leg and punch away Spidey just before that. Just wow! Raimi really had an eye for action awesomeness.
If Sam was better at something than Webb, its the action scenes. Then again, for the first film, Webb did a better job than Raimi's fights in SM1. *cough* unity day festival... the burning building...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #213
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It's okay, the final battle in Spider-Man trumps any of the other action sequences as much as the high school battle in TAS-M trumps all other action sequences in that film.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #214
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I love the scene when Peter and MJ are lying in the webbing in Central Park.
Now there's a good one.

There's also the fight between Harry and the costume-less Peter. I thought it was so cool to see Peter wearing civilian in a fight that required all of his spider powers (never mind the fact that when they identify the plaques on his moped, and based on the accounts of witnesses, they'll find out he's Spider-Man).

The Sandman effects I find hard to appreciate as positives because of how out of place he is in the movie (seriously, if there's a villain too many in this film, it's not Venom, it's Sandman) but they definitely are positives.

Lastly, the Spider-Man parade or whatever it was was also fun, and it made for a great trailer shot. And... that's it.

Nemeres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #215
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Imo, I think the two birth scenes would be a favorite for a lot of people, even the ones, like me, who simply hated Spider-Man 3.

Sandman's birth scene was epic. Venom's was good, but I thought it could have been better.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #216
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's okay, the final battle in Spider-Man trumps any of the other action sequences as much as the high school battle in TAS-M trumps all other action sequences in that film.
Yup, this! I still think the final battle in SM is one of the best in the entire trilogy. It felt so personal. It wasn't flashy at all but instead very much like a brutal street fight.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #217
Oscorp
Side-Kick

This fight is another one that I absolutely love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI6eB4cI_LU

Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #218
OcStat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup, this! I still think the final battle in SM is one of the best in the entire trilogy. It felt so personal. It wasn't flashy at all but instead very much like a brutal street fight.
Isn't that one battle like 30 minutes? Still is the best comic book finale hands down. I mean, a giant Sandman, Spidey and Goblin tag team, plus Venom...that is action straight off the page onto the silverscreen. I always get pumped watching the church scene knowing what's coming next.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #219
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Isn't that one battle like 30 minutes? Still is the best comic book finale hands down. I mean, a giant Sandman, Spidey and Goblin tag team, plus Venom...that is action straight off the page onto the silverscreen. I always get pumped watching the church scene knowing what's coming next.
I was talking about the finale in SM1.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #220
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
This fight is another one that I absolutely love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI6eB4cI_LU
Its alright, except for the weird jazz music and the fact that it is basically a fight between two douches...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #221
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
Sandman's birth scene was epic. Venom's was good, but I thought it could have been better.
I think Eddie's dialogue could've been better, but I very much loved Eddie looking up as the symbiote just fell on him, transforming him into Venom as he lunges at the camera. Was really a spectacular scene.

Quote:
I would say the train battle between Doc Ock and Spider-Man is my favorite, but my second best would definitely be the final battle between Green Goblin and Spidey. And obviously can't say I have a favorite battle in Spider-Man 3, lol.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #222
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
The Sandman effects I find hard to appreciate as positives because of how out of place he is in the movie (seriously, if there's a villain too many in this film, it's not Venom, it's Sandman) but they definitely are positives.

Lastly, the Spider-Man parade or whatever it was was also fun, and it made for a great trailer shot. And... that's it.
Although Sandman was kind of pointless in the film, I find the effects to be amazing. He looked perfect IMO (except during the final battle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I loved both birth scenes. Sandman was very emotional, Venom was just dark but also fun!

Quote:
A lot of people complained it was too simple, but it gets my heart racing every time. Its probably my second or third favorite battle in all four films.

Quote:
I would say the train battle between Doc Ock and Spider-Man is my favorite, but my second best would definitely be the final battle between Green Goblin and Spidey. And obviously can't say I have a favorite battle in Spider-Man 3, lol.
The train battle is probably not only my favorite battle in the Spider-Man movies, but my favorite CBM action scene of all time. Its so creative, and feels so real.

Spider-Man 3 was a horrible film, but why can't you say you have a favorite battle from that movie? The fight scenes were really cool in my opinion.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #223
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I could say any of the Peter/Harry battles could be my favorite for that film, but the dialogue used in each battle kills them for me. Black suited Spider-Man vs Sandman felt too short, Spider-Man vs Sandman after that ceremony was a battle I never really liked, and I hated the final battle.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #224
Aracno_8000
Dreamer Newbie

What i like so far in the third movie, it's the final battle in which all, and i mean all of the major characters are in the same place to face the danger...Jameson who have to take photos himself (smart that kid, right? really funny), Peter going to save MJ with the american flag at his back (EPIC)...and when all seems to be black, here comes Harry to save Peter.
Man, if i watch the moments when they fight together, i get the chills! One of the best fights of all time, are you with me?
And finally, the really touching death of Harry Osborn, "always the best friend"...simply heart-touching how Tobey and James Franco played that part!
It's one of the movie-parts that make me cry so far.

Only a negative thing: The end of the movie is so sad and poor...they were sure to do a 4 chapter, okay...but right now, watching that movie ending doesn't give any emotion. That's all i have to say bye!

Aracno_8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #225
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracno_8000 View Post
What i like so far in the third movie, it's the final battle in which all, and i mean all of the major characters are in the same place to face the danger...Jameson who have to take photos himself (smart that kid, right? really funny), Peter going to save MJ with the american flag at his back (EPIC)...and when all seems to be black, here comes Harry to save Peter.
The American flag being shown was only epic in the first movie after 9/11, imo.

Plus, not all the major characters were there. Imo, Gwen Stacy should've been there in some way as well.

Quote:
Man, if i watch the moments when they fight together, i get the chills! One of the best fights of all time, are you with me?
*looks around to see no one agreeing*

Quote:
And finally, the really touching death of Harry Osborn, "always the best friend"...simply heart-touching how Tobey and James Franco played that part!
It's one of the movie-parts that make me cry so far.
I'll give you this though. James Franco's Harry Osborn was one of the shining moments throughout the trilogy.