The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

View Poll Results: At what point wud u bring robin into the series?
Film 1 (2016) 13 34.21%
Film 2 (2019)? 8 21.05%
Film 3 7 18.42%
I would have a Nightwing character, not Robin 2 5.26%
I would have Batgirl, not Robin 1 2.63%
I'd keep Batman alone for the whole series 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: BATMAN REBOOT: your personal preferences?

I have to say, I do think dark Batman is overall more popular than light Batman and going in a lighter direction would actually be the riskier move. Even though light Batman definitely has its proponents out there. I just feel like with Batman, no matter how dark you make it the audience seems willing to 'go there', whereas if you camp it up there's a line that can be crossed where it's too much and everyone hates it.

I think darkness is Batman's ally. He was created in it...molded by it

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #52
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I really don't agree with the logic of some people here (no offense to anyone). Just because a Batman movie will be very faithful to the comics, more faithful than any other Batman movie in the past, means that it will be lighter? Why can't you have a dark Batman movie that's also very faithful to the comics? The batman comics are for the most part just as dark as the Nolan films. Some stories such as Long Halloween, TDK Returns, No Man's Land and the current Scott Snyder stuff are even darker than the Nolan films. The dark mature tone of Nolan's films is not something Nolan created for Batman but something Nolan adapted from Batman.
Well said, totally agree

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #53
COMPO
Side-Kick

i wouldn't mind the riddler to show Batman as more as a detective, to sort of redeem Riddler and give him a good portrayal.

On the other hand I've been interested in Hush, but mixing that story with Bruce Wayne: Fugitive were you mix Thomas Elliot's storylines: Heart of Hush and Hush Money with his overall plan is to to frame Bruce Wayne and take down Batman and take over Bruce Wayne's life.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 AM   #54
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

-I would keep the tone along the lines of the Nolan films

-I would match the setting closer to the animated series (blimps, structures etc.)

-I would already have the bat universe in motion. To achieve this the credits would be done in a style (like spiderman 2 or watchmen) that would eliminate much of the origin narrative. The narrative would deal with the death of the waynes, the training abroad, becoming a bat, crippling of barbara gordon (don't show the joker but hint at it with laughter, i dont want joker in my series).

-The film would open with Batman battling Killer Croc in the sewers (hell steal the exact battle from the animated series "vendetta" episode). This gets the movie off to an action packed start, while at the same time establishing that the more "fantasy" element of the rogues gallery is at play. Lastly the fight establishes the fight functionality of the suit and of batman himself.

-The cops are still not accepting of batman as of yet.

-from the recent trilogy I would keep the functionality of the cape, the batpod (i can deal with the hate), and I would also refine the suit by uncomplicating its pieces (batbra).

-add more iconic poses, use the white lenses as a means of using a variation of thermal vision where appropriate.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #55
batfreakforever
A real fan

I see these threads as pointless. No offense to anybody. We can say oh yeah I'd like this or that in the next films but saying oh I want this or need that and get in deep talks about the subject just sets some fans up for failure. The they complain that the film isnt what they had in their heads. Ahh duh you arnt the ones making the movies. Logic doesnt roam message boards. Ha!

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #56
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
I see these threads as pointless. No offense to anybody. We can say oh yeah I'd like this or that in the next films but saying oh I want this or need that and get in deep talks about the subject just sets some fans up for failure. The they complain that the film isnt what they had in their heads. Ahh duh you arnt the ones making the movies. Logic doesnt roam message boards. Ha!
On the off chance that you aren't a troll, I've just gotta ask:

You don't come here for analysis/discussion, and you don't come for speculation... So why are you on this forum, and more specifically, why are you in this thread?

CoolCadaver49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #57
Batman999
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
-I would already have the bat universe in motion. To achieve this the credits would be done in a style (like spiderman 2 or watchmen) that would eliminate much of the origin narrative. The narrative would deal with the death of the waynes, the training abroad, becoming a bat, crippling of barbara gordon (don't show the joker but hint at it with laughter, i dont want joker in my series).

-add more iconic poses, use the white lenses as a means of using a variation of thermal vision where appropriate.
I LOVE this idea as a means of communicating the narrative to the audience. i agree with everything youv'e said here apart from the Joker part. any series of Batman MUST have his arch enemy in it.

I like the iconic poses thing. if i was a director i would pack the film with iconic images of him on top buildings, bridges, statures etc... with his cape blowing wildly in the wind.

Batman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #58
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I really think a reboot will be forever in the Nolan shadow, at least for several installments, just because Nolan got almost every single thing right.

If it were to happen--and it will--the best way to do it, IMO, is just to embrace the comic book material a little more and unlike Nolan or Burton, start with a Batman who is well established. Sort of like TAS.

Film 1: Batman has been doing this for at least 5 years and Robin/Dick Grayson is alluded to be away at college during whatever adventure.

Film 2: Introduce Robin with flashbacks as to how he became part of Bruce's team, while conveniently skipping Robin as a child helping.

Film 3: Open it up and make it more like Gotham Knights. Robin becomes Nightwing, introduce Barbara Gordon (whether you call her Batgirl or combine her with Huntress's namesake which is far less cheesy, either works for me), etc.

And keep going after 3. Don't end on a trilogy. I won't name villains, because I think Nolan used all the best ones save for Harley Quinn. I suppose you can use more of the fantastical villains like Killer Croc or Clayface, but to me that's like using Electro instead of Doc Ock or Green Goblin because the guy before you got there first. It is the problem with rushing a reboot, in my opinion.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #59
Indy1Jones
The Cuomo

That I would like^^

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #60
Raindog421
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
Tom Waits as Commissioner Gordon.

Awesome!

Raindog421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #61
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Title: has to be simple, The Batman works, something short and to the point.

Duration: Personally I prefer trilogies. They are simple, give you enough, but often times not TOO much. They're the right balance for a story arc as complex as Batman would/could/should be.

Bat Suit: All black, realistic, like the kevlar look from Nolan's trilogy. The grey would look stupid unless it's EXTREMELY dark grey, which would basically make it all black. If you're going with grey, go ahead and go to the old blue and grey look, it would look equally stupid in my opinion.

Robin: Prefer solo Batman for a trilogy, BUT if you do the trilogy without the origin (as you will see below) and introduce Robin the first movie, it could work. But it CANNOT be campy or you fight the Top Gun/Nightmare on Elm Street 2 gay issues. You don't want those in Batman.

Joker: No. Mention him, acknowledge him, but do NOT use him as a villain the reboot. Not just because of Heath Ledger's tragedy, but because it becomes a fallback. Do an overlying story arc that does NOT use him.

Gotham City: I don't like the Burton, crazy Gothic look. I prefer the Nolan, real life look. It felt like a real city.

Origin: No. Have an established Batman, a few years into his crime-fighting career. He's been fighting simple crime, mobs, whatever. The crazy villains start to come out of the woodwork from Arkham or something.

Batmobile: Sleek design, no more tank. The tumbler was a little stupid, in my book. Flying on rooftops... no thanks. Just a simple, sleek design.

Villain: Someone deep and dark. Take the transition of Batman's fight going from the mobs to the creative villains. Use Hugo Strange, working with Black Mask, Strange causes the appearance change of Black Mask, etc. etc. Perhaps do something similar to James Cromwell's character in American Horror Story Asylum. That could lead to the creation of characters like Clayface, Killer Croc, etc. Tap into the creativity BIG TIME, but keep it real. Hugo Strange and Black Mask for the first film. Strange and Killer Croc (genetically created by Strange) for the second. Strange and a reveal that the Court of Owls is overseeing the entire project and directing Strange for the third. Perhaps even an overlying arc as a side mission for Batman trying to catch serial killer Victor Zsasz.

Director: Darren Aronofsky, David Fincher or the Russos.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #62
Mr.?
Side-Kick

deleted

Last edited by Mr.?; 12-28-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Mr.? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #63
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Bruce Wayne as Batman please! I never thought I'd have to hope for this....

Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #64
Batman999
Newbie First Class

what is the nationality of people of here. i'm assuming like 85 percent american/10 percent Brits/5 percent otherwise?

I'm british personally. i love batman sooo much. if i was ever to be a movie star it wud be batman 1st, james bond 2nd.

Batman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #65
TheWatcher
Dapper

More British people than that. Those Brits are everywhere!

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #66
Crewman#6
Awaiting Email Confirmation

NAME OF 1ST FILM: I wouldn't mind something along the lines of episode like titles like the from TAMS. Something that fits what ever the story is.

SERIES DURATION: I like to see them make as many quality films as they can. Kinda the same approach Nolan and Snyder are doing by making the best possible film they can. I would hope they will keep it kinda lose and not put themselves in to many binds. ( by not killing off the better or all the villains, ex like spider-man movies where they killed every villain but the sandman) Maybe doing quietly building or subtle in the background for future films.

BAT-SUIT: I really like the movie suits. (minus the bat nips)
I would hope the suit fits the world he is in. If anything I would like to see the armored like suit but being more flexible. The suit in TDK was a lot better with the head movement but it still looks so heavy, maybe something batman can be a little acrobatic in. I could dig New 52 like suit with cool gadgets.

ROBIN PARTICIPATION: I would set the serious where Batman is established and Robin is already there but an older. (As much as I liked the movie Kick-Ass I have a hard time seeing a 13 year old robin running around beating up thugs) I would try keep Robins participation is little to none in the first movie. I think it would be so cool to have a Robins Reckoning like spin off or side film to compliment a Batman film. If anything here if your doing a Batman has to be one of the main focus. But definitely do a Robin story where he is the main focus and Batman is support, that would be great. You could do a sequel where he becomes Nightwing.

JOKER PARTICIPATION: The Joker is one of the greatest villains of all time he as to come back in some fashion. A new series calls for a new actors interpretation of the character

GOTHAM CITY: I've like the more real looking Gotham like in BB, TDK, TDKR but even in the Burton movies I've never really had a problem. (Just not the Gotham from Batman and Robin)

ORIGIN STORY: Like I was saying earlier I wouldn't mind an established Batman, using flashbacks.

BATMOBILE: I dig the Tumbler, but I'd like to see a different. Something real world like the Tumbler but some of the TAMS design thrown in.

1st MOVIE VILLAINS: I liked the Nolan approach with having side and secondary villains through out a movie. In an established universe you could do any villains, and they way the joker was handled in TDK you don't really have to do a full origin story for the villain. The Riddler, The Penguin (Philip Seymour Hoffman would be awesome), or Black Mask. You could set up your crime boss(like Black Glove or The Penguin) and have side villains like killer croc. You could do a more tragic villain like Mr Freeze or Clayface where they have been driven by the mob to do what they do. You could build on a villain like Hush and go that route. The are so many possibility's.

DIRECTOR: I have no Idea who I would choose to direct, I would hope someone like Nolan could handle it. ( When I say Nolan, I mean someone that will take it seriously, that will try to make the best film they can make. I don't mean like the Universe where the more fantastic villains couldn't exist.)

I look at Nolan as I do with the comic book writers, Nolan had a Fantastic Run but it will soon be time for the next guy to take the reins. I look forward to it!

Last edited by Crewman#6; 12-17-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Crewman#6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #67
Heat Vision
Banned User

Some great ideas here!

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #68
Baramos
Side-Kick

I don't know if you guys are half-kidding or not but I would seriously if I had just one request of mine granted as to what goes into the new Batman reboot it would be that there are zeppelins in it.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #69
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Something like B89. But not with the goofiness of Jack's Joker.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #70
The Hyena
Spagett!

I posted this in Batman After Nolan, but heres my idea:

I think it's important to ditch the origin. Like it's been said millions of times already, if they are gonna do it, do it in flashbacks. Jump right into him being Batman, maybe for a few years already. He has been taking out low level crime but now it's time for him to deal with something bigger. The first movie could be Freeze, with an underlying workings of Black Mask. Think of Mask as a mob boss type, taking the Falcone roll. In the end he defeats Freeze and meets a boy who idolizes him and hopes to help him, Robin. After finishing off Freeze and with the help of Robin Batman begins plans to take out Black Mask.

In movie 2, Batman captures Maks at the beginning, a year later. Robin is now a badass apprentice who can kick ass. (Think AC Robin) Gordon tells the two about a string of killings involving a man leaving various clues. Batman then pursues the Riddler for the first half of the film. While he is preoccupied with the Riddler he sends Robin to investigate mob killings which end up being the doings of the Penguin, who has taken over after Black Masks apprehension. The Riddler's clues lead Batman to question an inmate at Arkham. He arrives there and is briefed about the patient by Dr. Harlene Quinzel. He enters the room and has a 10 minute interaction with an albino with dark green hair, who can't stop laughing throughout the meeting. From here on out let Robin take out the Penguin, proving his worth, and have Batman apprehend the Riddler in an ultimate finale. As the movie begins to culminate, have a clip of Harlene Quinzel looking nervous and unlocking a solitary confinement cell. We see a man in the shadows begin to rise and slowly start laughing maniacally.

3rd movie, pretty much Death in the Family. Joker kills robin. Harley Quinn is in it. Could be really badass.

That's all.

The Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #71
Victarion
Dolt

The Batsuit should be cloth. Sort of like a ninja's outfit with the Batman Beyond cowl. The cape could be used to rob shooters of a clear target. The batarangs could have a Fear Gas-like component that causes those who inhale it to see an inhuman monster.

Batman himself is more an urban ninja with excellent detective skills. Our first freak villain should be the Riddler. From there we can go into Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze. A mysterious figure known as the Red Hood should have some connection to the villains. Not as their creator, but a connection all the same.

The Riddler--A deranged social Darwinist with an inferiority complex. Riddles test the worthiness of an individual for survival.

Poison Ivy--The head of a South American drug cartel. She trafficks in marijuana, other drugs, and in the human sex trade. At her compound she experiments, creating plant/human zombie things that serve as her personal guard. They can disguise themselves as humans and she sends them as her personal emissiaries to high profile clients.

Mr. Freeze--He's pretty good as is.

Killer Croc--A veteran who lives among the homeless as their protector. He goes to war against the Penguin's weapon smugglers who're using his tunnels to transport their munitions.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #72
The Hyena
Spagett!

Oh, and hell yes to the zeppelins.
Also, why the rush to make this in 2016? I'm almost positive Justice League will be delayed, cancelled or if rushed to hit the 2015 release date, will flop. If something this big flops, there will be no sequel and no demand for a new Batman franchise. I'd say the first Batman movie we see won't be until the mid 20's. (Which by the way, is more than enough time for everyone to get over the Heath tragedy; he took the role to a magnificent place and did wonderful things with the character, but as has been said earlier, no actor is bigger than the Joker.)

The Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #73
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

I want the Riddler to be played by Andrew Scott !

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #74
jdogg willie
Side-Kick

Mister Meddle, looks like you were a fan of Batman Beyond. When it is time to reboot the franchise, WB shouldn't go the Bruce Wayne route, that's like beating a dead horse. Go with another incarnation of Batman, Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond. I think Bruce Wayne as a mentor instead of the fighter is a good way to continue without rehashing what already has been done countless times before

Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #75
SpiceyOnion
Mild Mannered

I'd love to see a very dark grim Gotham. Have it constantly be raining, criminals running the streets, lots of pollution and zeppelins. Something similar to Sin City, Watchmen, or Blade Runner. A very noir-ish tone. Where all the criminals wear fedoras, smoke, and use tommy-guns. Maybe even have it take place in 1940s.

Have a very dark a dingy desaturated Gotham, with bright, eccentric villains to contrast it.

SpiceyOnion is offline   Reply With Quote