The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #526
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

I just have to say, it's so nice to be able to come in here on a sucky Monday morning *IHateMondays* and whether it's Elizah being a wonderful tumblr image posting fangirl *this fangirl thanks you Elizah!!*, or the playful banter regarding Elizah's choice of images, it definitely brings a smile on an otherwise typically annoying day of the week.

That's all

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #527
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

I'm so glad my swoon resisting is cheering you up on such a dreary Monday.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #528
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Must resist...urge to...swoon...>_<

P.S. Image saved to my hard drive now.

But clearly it's the way he moves that is just plain sexy too. I mean just looking at the way he moves those hips when he walks, I'd theorize he adds a little extra movement if you get my drift.

He does have swagger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I just have to say, it's so nice to be able to come in here on a sucky Monday morning *IHateMondays* and whether it's Elizah being a wonderful tumblr image posting fangirl *this fangirl thanks you Elizah!!*, or the playful banter regarding Elizah's choice of images, it definitely brings a smile on an otherwise typically annoying day of the week.

That's all
glad I could make someone smile, even if *someone* doesn't care for the subject matter.

Okay, jaqua99. Here's something I'd like to hear from you about, in Avengers that bullet from Hawkeye's gun appears to at least graze him, and then heal immediately, and yet other times he doesn't seem to heal quickly (like after Hulk smashes him)... So this confuses me, inconsistency in the film or is there a reason for this? And of course he's actually a Frost giant, or at least half one as I've hypothesized, and judging by the Frost Giant battle they are not nearly as hard to take down as the Asgardians.... so again this aspect of MCU Loki has me confused. Any ideas about this?

Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #529
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post

He does have swagger!
Oh dear sweet mother of Talos stop making my Lustometer rise to dangerous, universe threatening levels.

Really, I feel like a teenager with raging hormones right now.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #530
Nathan

Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #531
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Poor Loki...he just can't escape us can he?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #532
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:

He does have swagger!

glad I could make someone smile, even if *someone* doesn't care for the subject matter.

Okay, jaqua99. Here's something I'd like to hear from you about, in Avengers that bullet from Hawkeye's gun appears to at least graze him, and then heal immediately, and yet other times he doesn't seem to heal quickly (like after Hulk smashes him)... So this confuses me, inconsistency in the film or is there a reason for this? And of course he's actually a Frost giant, or at least half one as I've hypothesized, and judging by the Frost Giant battle they are not nearly as hard to take down as the Asgardians.... so again this aspect of MCU Loki has me confused. Any ideas about this?

Trying to ignore those images of him in a suit and butt in on the last bit of your post instead.

Are you talking about that dark streak on his right temple? Is that a wound or is it a piece of his hair that's just gotten on his face and then (with his movement) moves off of his face? (it's hard to tell in the gif and sadly I'm not at home where I can check my blu-ray). I thought the bullets in the opening sequence bounced off of him (either due to his being Jotun/Asgardian, or else some sort deflection ability from the scepter).

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #533
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Poor Loki...he just can't escape us can he?
But does he want to?

Yeah, Loki's got crazy fangirls all over the 9 realms...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

That last line... erm... *cough*

Quote:
Trying to ignore those images of him in a suit and butt in on the last bit of your post instead.

Are you talking about that dark streak on his right temple? Is that a wound or is it a piece of his hair that's just gotten on his face and then (with his movement) moves off of his face? (it's hard to tell in the gif and sadly I'm not at home where I can check my blu-ray). I thought the bullets in the opening sequence bounced off of him (either due to his being Jotun/Asgardian, or else some sort deflection ability from the scepter).
I am fairly certain that is a scratch from Hawkeye's bullet, not hair, and it immediately heals. If it's hair it's a strange edit the way it disappears, but I'm pretty sure it's a scar from the bullet. Also as he's walking away he sort of starts out fine and then doubles over some in pain, indicating he's in pain from the bullets he took from the other guys or some other reason???

Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #534
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
But does he want to?

Yeah, Loki's got crazy fangirls all over the 9 realms...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I am fairly certain that is a scratch from Hawkeye's bullet, not hair, and it immediately heals. If it's hair it's a strange edit the way it disappears, but I'm pretty sure it's a scar from the bullet. Also as he's walking away he sort of starts out fine and then doubles over some in pain, indicating he's in pain from the bullets he took from the other guys or some other reason???

Looks like hair to me. also the bullets have no effect on Loki

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #535
elizah72
Side-Kick

It's a really strange edit if it is hair, it's right when Hawkeye shoots at him that line appears and then disappears like the bullet grazed him and then healed immediately.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #536
Nathan

It's definitely just his hair. With all the damage he took in Thor and Avengers, I doubt bullets do any kind of harm to him. Especially since there was not a single scratch when Hawkeye's arrow blew up in his face.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #537
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's definitely just his hair. With all the damage he took in Thor and Avengers, I doubt bullets do any kind of harm to him. Especially since there was not a single scratch when Hawkeye's arrow blew up in his face.
okay well. I thought he did come away with a few scrapes from that too but will have to look again. However, there is still the question with that in mind, how do bullets and having an arrow blow up in his face not effect him/effect him very little at all and yet being bashed around by the Hulk causes scars that apparently haven't healed completely a day or so later?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #538
Nathan

I think this is the best example. Normally you can't just shove a piece of wood through concrete, but with the force a tornado generates, it's another story. I think the same case applies here. Loki doesn't get a scratch from a point blank explosion, but with the force Hulk smacks him into the ground, he scratches up easily.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #539
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #540
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Others have touched on the hair part and the hulk issue, as for what I bolded. In one of the children's novels that came out that has the first bit of Avengers in it (and I know, those aren't necessarily canon, but I really liked the description) I think it describes Loki's arrival as him kind of literally having to claw his way through the portal (when I get home from work I'll see if I can find it and quote it), which lets me think that - given it isn't a stable portal (since it collapses), the journey through it might not have been that pleasant. Also, there's this bit from Hiddleston (that I know I've linked to before) where he discusses what he and Joss talked about in regards to what Loki's been through between the end of Thor and the beginning of Avengers:

Quote:
The Seventh Circle of Hell: An Interview with Tom Hiddleston

There was a gap between Thor and The Avengers, and we see at the beginning of The Avengers that some… “stuff” has happened.

Yes.

And we still haven’t really gotten into it in detail. We get a hint at the end of the film. Did Joss [Whedon] fill you in on that? Was that vital to your character?

Yeah, we talked about it a lot. We talked about this idea that Loki disappears through that wormhole of space and time, when the Bifrost is destroyed, and he kind of goes through the Seventh Circle of Hell. And he’s on his own. He’s on his own in the dark corners of the universe, and the journey he goes on is pretty horrible. It’s like getting lost in the rainforest or something. You’re going to come out the other side a bit mangled on the outside, and on the inside.
So, for me personally, I think him doubling over in pain as he walks out is just him loosing that 'adrenaline rush' that fueled his initial attack and kind of, just for a moment, gives into the hell that he's been through before arriving on earth/lets himself feel that pain. If that makes sense.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #541
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
okay well. I thought he did come away with a few scrapes from that too but will have to look again. However, there is still the question with that in mind, how do bullets and having an arrow blow up in his face not effect him/effect him very little at all and yet being bashed around by the Hulk causes scars that apparently haven't healed completely a day or so later?
Because hulk is stronger than a bullet

Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #542
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Others have touched on the hair part and the hulk issue, as for what I bolded. In one of the children's novels that came out that has the first bit of Avengers in it (and I know, those aren't necessarily canon, but I really liked the description) I think it describes Loki's arrival as him kind of literally having to claw his way through the portal (when I get home from work I'll see if I can find it and quote it), which lets me think that - given it isn't a stable portal (since it collapses), the journey through it might not have been that pleasant. Also, there's this bit from Hiddleston (that I know I've linked to before) where he discusses what he and Joss talked about in regards to what Loki's been through between the end of Thor and the beginning of Avengers:

So, for me personally, I think him doubling over in pain as he walks out is just him loosing that 'adrenaline rush' that fueled his initial attack and kind of, just for a moment, gives into the hell that he's been through before arriving on earth/lets himself feel that pain. If that makes sense.

Yeah, I mean he looked sweaty and disheveled the moment he arrived.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #543
elizah72
Side-Kick

Speaking of things to cheer you up on a Monday, a tweet from Tom.

Quote:
Come on then, Monday. Let's be havin ya. Crank up the Cee Lo Green. Kicking ass and taking names. Who's with me? ~ Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston)

Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #544
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Yup...saw that one... and fav'ed it.... and retweeted it....and liked it on facebook too *lol*. I love his tweets

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #545
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Agreed. Or he's reacting to a sports hernia. Never know what he was doing out in the fold, ha ha.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #546
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
My Whiter than Whitebread upbringing cannot handle all that Urban speak. >_<

Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #547
Nathan

Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #548
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Okay...I can get into Heavy Metal Tom since that's speaking my language there.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #549
Nathan

Found an awesome video. Too bad it's so short.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #550
elizah72
Side-Kick

Some new pictures of Tom at the Life of Pi premiere from today. Sportin' some scruff on his chin again.

http://tomhiddlestunned.tumblr.com/tagged/life-of-pi

Closed Thread