The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #126
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Star Wars is a dead, milked-dry franchise. End it already.


Last edited by Mulholland-Jr; 11-30-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #127
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 49,833
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I'm a much bigger X-fan than star wars guy

And that's why I can comfortably say, original SW trilogy over First Class anytime
Same on both

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #128
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,090
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

But his two statements are contradictory! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!




EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #129
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,468
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I believe Bored guy is saying the OT SW are better films then FC. But he prefers the X Men universe over the Star Wars universe.

Imo ESB obliterates FC on every level of filmmaking. As it does most films. I really dont think its fair to even compare the two.


Last edited by def28; 11-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.
def28 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #130
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 49,833
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
But his two statements are contradictory! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!



Lets put it this way, the original Star Wars trilogy is probably not all that far from the peak of how good Star Wars can get (it may get bettered by future Star Wars films, but not by 100 miles). On film we've only scratched the surface of what is good about X-Men. When X-Men gets a few films as good & epic as Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back they'll be my favourite things ever & probably the same for a large chunk of the public who aren't even into X-Men. The proof is in some of the comic stories of how good (with the right studio, director, writer, actors, budget & film technology) X-Men can be at its best.


__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #131
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,874
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Star Wars is a dead, milked-dry franchise. End it already.
Star Wars hasn't even begun to be dead or milked-dry.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #132
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick
 
AndrewGilkison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,508
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

So why are we talking about Star Wars?

AndrewGilkison is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #133
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Star Wars hasn't even begun to be dead or milked-dry.
If this was 1977, then yeah I agree.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #134
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,136
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Star Wars is a dead, milked-dry franchise. End it already.
Yeah, unlike X-Men...

JP is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #135
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,874
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
If this was 1977, then yeah I agree.
Right, that's exactly why Disney spent 4 billion to buy it out. That also explains why a new Star Wars was some of the biggest movie news to hit in a while. There's a new movie that will have new characters, planets, situations, etc. or haven't you heard? Star Wars is far from dead, whether you choose to recognize that fact of not. It stayed successful after the PT with merchandising and the Clone Wars series. Disney owning it and the new movies will only add onto the recognition of the franchise.

But anyway, about those X-Men. Can't wait to see what acrobatic feats Beast does in the movie. Hope he goes up against a Sentinel or two.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #136
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Do you think they'll wait till Christmas before making any casting and/or other major announcements.

NanaT is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #137
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
But anyway, about those X-Men. Can't wait to see what acrobatic feats Beast does in the movie. Hope he goes up against a Sentinel or two.
I hope Beast spins using his legs! Just like in the videogames.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #138
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Yeah Beast in First Class could barely fight and had none of the fighting prowess of his comic book counterpart or even of Kelsey Grammar's beast. But that's understandable as he was young and had no training I'm expecting him to be twirling through the air and doing his signature 'kangaroo move'.

NanaT is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #139
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Right, that's exactly why Disney spent 4 billion to buy it out. That also explains why a new Star Wars was some of the biggest movie news to hit in a while. There's a new movie that will have new characters, planets, situations, etc. or haven't you heard? Star Wars is far from dead, whether you choose to recognize that fact of not. It stayed successful after the PT with merchandising and the Clone Wars series. Disney owning it and the new movies will only add onto the recognition of the franchise.
Nice to know that they'll continue to run an already ruined trilogy into the pits of hell. Lord knows Lucas hasn't sold it out enough. But, your right. There's definitely an over-saturated market for it.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #140
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,352
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Curious; does anyone know if there was a central villain presented in the 'days of future past' comic book arc?

herolee10 is online now  
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #141
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

The Brotherhood are the villains of the past, as they inadvertently cause the dystopian future by assassinating Senator Robert Kelly. The sentinels are the villains of the future, a result of the sequence of events that take place after the assassination. There is no central villain beyond that.


Last edited by BMM; 12-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #142
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,352
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
The Brotherhood are the villains of the past, as they inadvertently cause the dystopian future by assassinating Senator Robert Kelly. The sentinels are the villains of the future, a result of the sequence of events that take place after the assassination. There is no central villain beyond that.
Ah Ic; thanks.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #143
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Do you think they'll wait till Christmas before making any casting and/or other major announcements.
I think there will be at least one more announc. before years end.

It seems casting negotiations are in full mode now, so one way or another we'll get a new name. And hopefully a woman this time.

It has to be one of these: Halle, Famke, Anna or Ellen, so lets see what happens

Angamb is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #144
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think there will be at least one more announc. before years end.

It seems casting negotiations are in full mode now, so one way or another we'll get a new name. And hopefully a woman this time.

It has to be one of these: Halle, Famke, Anna or Ellen, so lets see what happens
Of those four I actually couldn't tell you who would be the most likely to turn up. It very well could be that none of them come back and Singer replaces them with completely different X-Women. I hope not. I love these four.

NanaT is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #145
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Jean is dead in X3, so how are they going to explain she returns back?

You mean, Phoenix resurrect herself back to life again?


And Rogue is pretty much a useless character, she lost her powers at the end of X3 after taking the cure even though Magneto gaining his powers back at the end of X3 suggests the cure might be temporarily?

And even if Rogue get her powers back, she is still a lame useless character without superhuman strength and the power of flight.

And I highly doubt Anna Paquin will return now that True Blood is a success.

Filmboy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #146
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,468
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
Jean is dead in X3, so how are they going to explain she returns back?

You mean, Phoenix resurrect herself back to life again?


And Rogue is pretty much a useless character, she lost her powers at the end of X3 after taking the cure even though Magneto gaining his powers back at the end of X3 suggests the cure might be temporarily?

And even if Rogue get her powers back, she is still a lame useless character without superhuman strength and the power of flight.

And I highly doubt Anna Paquin will return now that True Blood is a success.
The future changing event during FC times could alter the original trilogy. One where the paths of Jean,Scott and Rogue are changed. Since the story is about changing the future, theres a few possibilities they could do.

Yeah I agree on Rogue, they def need to switch up Rogue if they bring her back. Make her tougher and more powerful, especially since they are gonna be fighting Sentinels.


Last edited by def28; 12-03-2012 at 04:06 AM.
def28 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #147
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The future changing event during FC times could alter the original trilogy. One where the paths of Jean,Scott and Rogue are changed. Since the story is about changing the future, theres a few possibilities they could do.

Yeah I agree on Rogue, they def need to switch up Rogue if they bring her back. Make her tougher and more powerful, especially since they are gonna be fighting Sentinels.
She already absorbed Colossus' mutant powers in X3, I think she could do that again when she battles a Sentinel.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #148
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,468
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
She already absorbed Colossus' mutant powers in X3, I think she could do that again when she battles a Sentinel.
As long as they would do something to make her more like Rogue in the books Ill be stoked.

def28 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #149
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,411
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Anna Paquin has said In past she would be Intrested In returning.And Bryan Singer directing increases the possibilty of her returning.But,people need to accept absorbing Is only power Rogue will ever have In the films.

Any changes to timelines would only happen at end of Days of future past after efforts of time traveler to change the past.

marvelrobbins is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #150
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,688
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

when singer made the 1ST Xmen film it was in a time when comic book movies were not really big so he took a few liberties just incase it was a 1 film only thing but its 2012 and comic book movies are almost studios gold mine so you never know singer might take a few things from the pages of the comic book

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.