The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #101
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Idk. When I think of marvel...in terms of with a title name.... I think of mar vell.

jaqua99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #102
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I like the idea of a Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel movie. It would be a great opportunity to set up Ms. Marvel in an Avengers sequel (potentially).

Though I'd like the focus to be Ms. Marvel's character, I'd like to see it do a good interpretation of Captain Marvel before he hands off the mantle to Ms. Marvel. Though I'm not sure whether he should die or not, just that she should be the main hero by the end of the film.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #103
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd like both, but I really would want Ms. Marvel. You'd have to have a really strong woman playing her though (in terms of personality).

Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #104
Silvermoth
Avenger

Although I support women in comic book movies, Ms Marvel doesn't seem quite right. Let her develop in an Avengers film (or several films) first.

There's other cool superheroines I would rather see first like more Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Medusa of the Inhumans.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #105
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Although I support women in comic book movies, Ms Marvel doesn't seem quite right. Let her develop in an Avengers film (or several films) first.

There's other cool superheroines I would rather see first like more Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Medusa of the Inhumans.
I don't know. Scarlet Witch and Medusa feel like incredibly left field ideas and less likely to get a spin off comic as much as say Widow or Marvel in the comics let alone the MCU (especially Medusa). Widow has already been in IM2 and Avengers that I'm not personally bothered about a solo for her right now.

Ms. Marvel I feel at least represents something that the MCU isn't currently offering and adds another potential strong female character for the Avengers.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #106
Silvermoth
Avenger

I don't deny that she would make a wonderful addition to the Avengers sequel but the fact is, she doesn't have much of a supporting cast or any really famous stories to be a part of (besides that infamous one about Immortus). It would be incredibly difficult for her to maintain a story.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #107
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't deny that she would make a wonderful addition to the Avengers sequel but the fact is, she doesn't have much of a supporting cast or any really famous stories to be a part of (besides that infamous one about Immortus). It would be incredibly difficult for her to maintain a story.
Wouldn't a story revolving around Captain Marvel and the coming of the Kree be a pretty important and famous story? You could have Ronan the Accuser, Sentry-459...

And it could lead into a Kree-Skrull War movie for an Avengers sequel! Just a thought. I actually didn't read those books.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #108
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Wouldn't a story revolving around Captain Marvel and the coming of the Kree be a pretty important and famous story? You could have Ronan the Accuser, Sentry-459...

And it could lead into a Kree-Skrull War movie for an Avengers sequel! Just a thought. I actually didn't read those books.
Take aspects from Mar-Vell's origin and A:EMH and you get a cool Ms.Marvel solo. Roughly, you have the alien Mar-Vell sent to Earth to observe and report if we're a threat. He comes into contact with Danvers and gains the admiration and an affection for the human. He turns around and decides take sides with the humans and goes against his homeworld's directive, He mentors Danvers in the Kree ways of battle and what not and she gains her abilites through him. This in turn is viewed as treason and the Kree remotely activate their long since infiltrated Sentry-459. Mar-Vell and Danvers work together to defeat the Sentry but during this battle Mar-Vell is mortally wounded. Mar-Vell knowing that the Kree would not stop in their efforts finishes the training and transfers all his powers to Danvers to prepare her for what is surely to come. Enter Ronan the Accuser.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #109
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
To be fair, most heroes don't have really famous stories outside of their origin. Ms. Marvel at least has a couple memorable/notable ones, the infamous one, the Binary one, the Rogue-takes her powers one.

As for supporting cast, Ms. Marvel is a SHIELD agent, and she has a couple of recurring human love interests. That's as much (more) supporting cast as any of the other females, all of which are dependent on groups that includes more significant male heroes for their supporting cast (Inhumans, SHIELD, the unavailable mutant community).

Last edited by DrCosmic; 06-19-2012 at 10:12 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #110
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

reading through the thread, it sounds like a lot of you don't care for Captain Marvel much at all.
His early adventures were some pretty sweet galactic superhero stuff- and his ties to Rick Jones could possibly introduce him to the movie verse as well.

And though Genis-Vell's solo run by Peter David only lasted about 60 issues, it's very good. I found it far better than a large amount of the other stuff Marvel was releasing at the time.

I found the Ultimate incarnation pretty sweet too. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that on film. I liked how they made his human form a disguise altogether- he kind of resembled more of a prawn from District 9 otherwise.

The Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #111
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I don't know. Scarlet Witch and Medusa feel like incredibly left field ideas and less likely to get a spin off comic as much as say Widow or Marvel in the comics let alone the MCU (especially Medusa). Widow has already been in IM2 and Avengers that I'm not personally bothered about a solo for her right now.

Ms. Marvel I feel at least represents something that the MCU isn't currently offering and adds another potential strong female character for the Avengers.
Agree with you on that one. Ms.Marvel and Janet need to turn up.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #112
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Take aspects from Mar-Vell's origin and A:EMH and you get a cool Ms.Marvel solo. Roughly, you have the alien Mar-Vell sent to Earth to observe and report if we're a threat. He comes into contact with Danvers and gains the admiration and an affection for the human. He turns around and decides take sides with the humans and goes against his homeworld's directive, He mentors Danvers in the Kree ways of battle and what not and she gains her abilites through him. This in turn is viewed as treason and the Kree remotely activate their long since infiltrated Sentry-459. Mar-Vell and Danvers work together to defeat the Sentry but during this battle Mar-Vell is mortally wounded. Mar-Vell knowing that the Kree would not stop in their efforts finishes the training and transfers all his powers to Danvers to prepare her for what is surely to come. Enter Ronan the Accuser.
Hehe, it looks like we're both double-dipping in this thread and the other Ms. Marvel thread in the Marvel Films forum. I'm totally on board with this idea, and the guy who responded to you in the other thread regarding Carol Danvers being a top agent of SWORD, with Mar-Vell working there undercover.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #113
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
reading through the thread, it sounds like a lot of you don't care for Captain Marvel much at all.
His early adventures were some pretty sweet galactic superhero stuff- and his ties to Rick Jones could possibly introduce him to the movie verse as well.

And though Genis-Vell's solo run by Peter David only lasted about 60 issues, it's very good. I found it far better than a large amount of the other stuff Marvel was releasing at the time.

I found the Ultimate incarnation pretty sweet too. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that on film. I liked how they made his human form a disguise altogether- he kind of resembled more of a prawn from District 9 otherwise.
If/when Mar-Vell ever shows up in the MCU, I strongly doubt they'll introduce the Rick Jones facet of the character. Marvel Studios never wanted Rick Jones for their Hulk mythology, and I don't see any reason for them to change their minds about him when Mar-Vell is on the drawing board.

There's just no place for a Rick Jones in 21st Century MCU. Sorry, Teen Brigade.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #114
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Hehe, it looks like we're both double-dipping in this thread and the other Ms. Marvel thread in the Marvel Films forum. I'm totally on board with this idea, and the guy who responded to you in the other thread regarding Carol Danvers being a top agent of SWORD, with Mar-Vell working there undercover.
Oh yeah, I'm actually a fan of Captain Marvel so anything in relation to him I'm interested in.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #115
storyteller
Side-Kick

Look whatever they do Ms Marvel has a certain set of features that can't be um A and B grade.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #116
Blue Hero
Side-Kick

Ms. Marvel as she was in A:EMH.

One of my favorite Marvel heroes of all time.

Needs a movie. Now.

Blue Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #117
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

EMH got a lot right, it'd have been even better if they had time to space her out a bit.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #118
ThatDamnNinja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDamnNinja View Post
Ms. Marvel needs to happen. The world needs a really good, female-driven superhero movie. Though it'll be for sure be called Captain Marvel, because a.) They want to align their film and comic properties, and she's Captain Marvel now, b.) Captain Marvel is an easier sell to male audiences than Ms. Marvel, and c.) No way Marvel misses the opportunity to put DC in a crappy position with their own Captain Marvel.

And to me, the obvious director/actor pairing for this is Kathryn Bigelow and Jessica Chastain. Carol Danvers is a military pilot and, in the Kelly Sue DeConnick reboot, is depicted as a perfectionist and a self-destructive adrenaline junkies. Marvel will definitely want to go after a female director, and military movies and self-destructive adrenaline junkie protagonists are Kathryn Bigelow's bread and butter. It's, to me, as natural and obvious a pairing of director and material as Captain America with Joe Johnston.

Plus, Jessica Chastain is a physically attractive woman at the right age who has shown enormous range and talent as an actor, she's hot right now, but not a huge star yet, she was already cast in Iron Man 3 before dropping out for scheduling reasons, but said she still wants to be in a Marvel movie, and she's starring in the upcoming Zero Dark Thirty directed by, hey, you guessed it, Kathryn Bigelow.

And boom goes the dynamite.
I know it's not happening, but I'd just like to say that, having now seen the trailer for Zero Dark Thirty, I feel even better about these picks than I did before.

ThatDamnNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #119
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDamnNinja View Post
I know it's not happening, but I'd just like to say that, having now seen the trailer for Zero Dark Thirty, I feel even better about these picks than I did before.
Dude we like totally on the same page!!

I posted this image in a different thread a while ago, thought you would like it

Jessica Chastain as Ms Marvel, it was something i did real quick after i saw this clip from Zero Dark Thirty and realised she is Carol.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I think Bigelow directing would be perfect as well. and I think she would enjoy it as well, it would something really different from what she has been doing lately.

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #120
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Dude we like totally on the same page!!

I posted this image in a different thread a while ago, thought you would like it

Jessica Chastain as Ms Marvel, it was something i did real quick after i saw this clip from Zero Dark Thirty and realised she is Carol.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I think Bigelow directing would be perfect as well. and I think she would enjoy it as well, it would something really different from what she has been doing lately.
Fixed the video for ya
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Edit - and it doesn't mater because the used removed the video lol

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #121
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Fixed the video for ya
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Edit - and it doesn't mater because the used removed the video lol
LoL i thought you joking.. until i clicked the link.. these sons of B****** Thanks anyways... I Loved that scene.. until the Film actually releases i guess!

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #122
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I thought about Jessica Chastain for Carol back when I saw The Debt in 2011. She's awesome at both drama and kicking butt. When she was first cast in Iron Man 3, I was hoping for Carol but now that she was replaced by Rebecca Hall and we know that Hall isn't playing Carol...

Marvel, please cast Jessica Chastain for Carol!

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #123
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I like Chastain. She's new, and short, but she still works, imho. Good call.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #124
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Dominique McElligott as Ms.Marvel.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #125
storyteller
Side-Kick

How time passes. I would fully support Captain Marvel as the Danvers version. I think calling her Ms. Marvel just demeans her and makes her sound like the female sidekick who needs her man.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote