The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #351
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

The Superman Returns teaser had elements of an origin film. The final product was so focused on the returns aspect and Lois being hurt, that it did not end up feeling like the teaser.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #352
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
with a teaser like this, how could you not be? One of the best teaser trailers of all time.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Seconded. I've only seen SR once and don't have any urge to rewatch it again, but I still watch that teaser every once in a while.

Free Original Music
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #353
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm still confused, is this the theatrical poster or not ? I'm thinking not because i don't see any of the actor's names on the poster.
Nah too early for that. Probably another teaser poster you may see in theaters but I'd be surprised if you did. I was kind of under the impression the poster was like a online reward thing only.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #354
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i can watch SR, but only if i tweak the colors like crazy first... regarding the new poster, the hype for this thing was way overrated.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #355
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Looking at the new poster, i just realized i love the new "S" symbol so much. It looks slick and cool. I'm so glad it's big and prominent on his chest. SR's was so small.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #356
Charlus
Banned User

It was just like the teaser.

My firts impression was disappointment. Then, when you start to think about it, you go, well it isnīt that bad.

But neither the teaser, nor the new poster, came to me straight to the heart.

Hope the trailer will, without second thoughts.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #357
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Ok i swear people on here were overacting, because i am reading so many postive tweets on Twitter. Alot of people are talking about why he is in chains, talking about how the poster looks "errie" and "cool". Also alot are just commenting that Henry really looks like Superman. I mean there is negative too, but gnerually it's been pretty postive.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #358
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Ok i swear people on here were overacting, because i am reading so many postive tweets on Twitter. Alot of people are talking about why he is in chains, talking about how the poster looks "errie" and "cool". Also alot are just commenting that Henry really looks like Superman. I mean there is negative too, but gnerually it's been pretty postive.
its overreacting, sure.. but it also has some damn ground to stand on... with TDKR they had some awful posters and WB was well aware that the core group of fans, that initially spread the word and get the GA into it (fanboys), were pretty pissed about it. And here we go with this MoS poster...which IMO looks like it is an awesome idea...but why the **** would you not use a clean crisp picture?

the laziness is what pisses me off. who the hell wants to put that blurry crap on their wall?

Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #359
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Am I the only one out there who likes the poster???? I'm pretty late to the party...I've been busy and just checked the web like a half hour ago. I like it. And I understand why his crotch area is still shaded...they haven't "officially" let the cat out of the bag about there being no trunks...even though everybody knows they are gone. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year or two

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #360
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The concept is good but who in the world thought the cheap photoshop blur was a good idea let alone the crap quality of the picture used. Not to mention the facial expression that Cavill was sporting is so mundane and bored (not his fault as they seemingly got a random still).

Tsk tsk.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #361
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Well i'm guessing it won't be in front of The Hobbit on the 13th when it comes out in the UK. But that's what has me worried. Will they just continue to show the same trailers they did on that first day, or will they add the MOS trailer in from friday 14th onwards?

Well,with the teaser with tdkr it was not on all the screens in the cinema,I had to change the actual screen I watched Bats on so I would get the teaser,so all I can advise is to contact your cinema,and get them to check that it is attached to the screen/showing that you will be watching,when I asked the cinema if the teaser was with my screening the guy called through to the projectionist and got confirmation for me,as you say,we wont have the trailer on the 13th,but they should make sure that it gets put with all showings after that,just get confirmation to be sure

Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #362
Project862006
Banned User

i really like poster negativity here is just overreaction you guys wouldn't of been happy unless it was a still of zod/superman beating the **** out of eachother LOL

Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #363
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i really like poster negativity here is just overreaction you guys wouldn't of been happy unless it was a still of zod/superman beating the **** out of eachother LOL
People keep saying this, but I'm not sure why. I'm not unhappy with the concept, I'm unhappy with the fact that it looks like a bootlegged blurry mobile phone picture. Haven't seen too many complaints about the concept to be honest.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #364
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Am I the only one out there who likes the poster???? I'm pretty late to the party...I've been busy and just checked the web like a half hour ago. I like it. And I understand why his crotch area is still shaded...they haven't "officially" let the cat out of the bag about there being no trunks...even though everybody knows they are gone. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year or two
Nope there's a few of us, tbh I think people are just pissed about the execution, it's the Internet age we're spoilt these days.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #365
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Not at all. The concept is actually pretty good it's the presentation (crap filters and blurring) and quality (really low res picture) that bring it down.

I would also suggest for you not to generalize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
People keep saying this, but I'm not sure why. I'm not unhappy with the concept, I'm unhappy with the fact that it looks like a bootlegged blurry mobile phone picture. Haven't seen too many complaints about the concept to be honest.
Exactly.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #366
Figs
Banned User

I haven't read all the reactions in this thread but on another site someone was *****ing about why Superman couldn't break the handcuffs.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #367
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Nope there's a few of us, tbh I think people are just pissed about the execution, it's the Internet age we're spoilt these days.
It's the other way around. Posters of the past are what "spoiled" us, as they actually spent a considerable amount of time in making something look nice back then. The internet age has given birth to 5 minute photoshop jobs that aren't worth a damn.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #368
floreairfoot
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The concept is good but who in the world thought the cheap photoshop blur was a good idea let alone the crap quality of the picture used. Not to mention the facial expression that Cavill was sporting is so mundane and bored (not his fault as they seemingly got a random still).

Tsk tsk.
No kidding.

I hope the MOS posters don't suffer the same amateur photoshopping fate as TDKR.

Cool ideas, horrible execution.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #369
Project862006
Banned User

looked all across several sites this is only place being outright negative LOL

you people set your expectations so high as if the reveal was gonna be new trailer

i like blurry/graininess it gives it a kind of real feel look

way better than overly stylized and glossy like say new star trek poster

Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #370
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
It's the other way around. Posters of the past are what "spoiled" us, as they actually spent a considerable amount of time in making something look nice back then. The internet age has given birth to 5 minute photoshop jobs that aren't worth a damn.
So you don't think we're spoiled in this day and age? I certainly think we are the Internet has taken away so much admittedly it's also given so much but I remember when I was younger only finding out about Batman Forever from a leaflet at the cinema with what's coming next year.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #371
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
No kidding.

I hope the MOS posters don't suffer the same amateur photoshopping fate as TDKR.
prepare to be disappointed

Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #372
BREAD WARRIOR
Side-Kick

Pretty late to the party but I pretty much agree with the poor execution remarks. When I first saw it I was pumped but that's settled and its pretty blurry for my tastes. I mean I see what they were going for and I dig blurriness in posters sometimes but I would've preferred Superman himself being very clear but the people around him blurry. That would've been cool IMO.

I still think its better than TDKR's theatrical poster. I hate that thing.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #373
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:

you people set your expectations so high as if the reveal was gonna be new trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #374
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
prepare to be disappointed
lol Pretty much this.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #375
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I don't even like the concept of the poster. I thought it should've fallen in more with the tone of the teaser trailer. This makes it look like the entire movie is going to be about Superman breaking out of jail or something.