The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #851
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Frank Castle & Nick Fury?

yes
note the punisher skeleton on this shot


Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 12-01-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #852
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,633
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
yes
note the punisher skeleton on this shot
lol

Just_Human is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #853
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 68,069
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Wow. Two Zorro's? Really?

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty

H.E.
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #854
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Wow. Two Zorro's? Really?
two kickasses and two jokers, all that money and they can't coordinate costumes

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #855
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,434
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Is there a reason why that Halloween picture was deleted?

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #856
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,825
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

I'm going to guess, because there was a noose in the background?

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #857
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,434
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Hmm, I can understand that.

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #858
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,825
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Man, this Nets/Heat game looked like it was shaping up to be a great game in the first half, but the Nets just game out slow in the second half and haven't really been able to keep up with the Heat or hold onto the ball. It just goes to show why I still don't think they are quite there yet.

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #859
L.A.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,648
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Lakers lose to magic at home

L.A. is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #860
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,301
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Man, this Nets/Heat game looked like it was shaping up to be a great game in the first half, but the Nets just game out slow in the second half and haven't really been able to keep up with the Heat or hold onto the ball. It just goes to show why I still don't think they are quite there yet.
Also goes to show why I think the Heat are operating at half speed. They know they can turn it on when it counts. Of course, this doesn't work all the time but they should cruise the regular season to a 1 or 2 seed.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #861
Poeman
Banned User
 
Poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the town with no name
Posts: 11,318
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Aaron Afflalo with 30 points...Dat defense

Poeman is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #862
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,222
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Lakers lose to magic at home
That Dantoni hire is a mistake. I said all along that the reason Melo and Amare didn't play well together was because of him. They are 9-1 under Woodson which is why I hope Amare starts when he comes back. It amazes me how Dantoni can be so idiotic and say he has no place for gold medal winning, Olympian, champion on his team who is a 7 footer with multiple skills. Dude sucks as a coach. But yet on 2k, they are ranked #1 overall and below .500.

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #863
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,293
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
That Dantoni hire is a mistake. I said all along that the reason Melo and Amare didn't play well together was because of him. They are 9-1 under Woodson which is why I hope Amare starts when he comes back. It amazes me how Dantoni can be so idiotic and say he has no place for gold medal winning, Olympian, champion on his team who is a 7 footer with multiple skills. Dude sucks as a coach. But yet on 2k, they are ranked #1 overall and below .500.
You keep saying this, not acknowledging that Gasol's been inconsistent the past three seasons, with three different coaches. Once Bynum emerged as a more viable post option, he started struggling. He'll never be the 1st post option over Bynum or Howard, which is what I keep trying to explain.

You always try to make the point that the Lakers should stomp everyone because they have two 7 footers, but that's part of the issue. You can't have two Centers essentially, on the low blocks at the same time and expect them both to thrive. At least not when one of them is already semi-soft and prone to drift away (or be pushed away) even when he is the focal point.

When the Lakers won with Pau, he was the primary post option and Bynum was basically obsolete, he was hurt or just scoring off the glass if he was out there, he wasn't an offensive focus. They've never won with both big guys actively getting equal touches and opportunities. And it's never going to happen because Pau will never command the post over Dwight, therefore moving him to the elbow, high post area because his "skills" dictate he can handle that, though his struggles suggest otherwise. So once again, what's the point of keeping him?

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-03-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #864
Poeman
Banned User
 
Poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the town with no name
Posts: 11,318
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
That Dantoni hire is a mistake. I said all along that the reason Melo and Amare didn't play well together was because of him. They are 9-1 under Woodson which is why I hope Amare starts when he comes back. It amazes me how Dantoni can be so idiotic and say he has no place for gold medal winning, Olympian, champion on his team who is a 7 footer with multiple skills. Dude sucks as a coach. But yet on 2k, they are ranked #1 overall and below .500.
Knicks are 18-1 at home with Woodson...Dat defense.

Poeman is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #865
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,222
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Wow dude. You guys just do not appreciate Pau. I hope you guys do trade him. How does the saying go? You don't miss something until it's gone. You guys have an awesome twin towers duo but yet you guys seem obsessed with blaming him for all your problems and its clearly not his fault. He's probably tired from playing year round for years and not to mention playing with Kobe and Dwight is making him look lost on the offensive end because he's sacrificing his game to make it work but yet he's not trying? The coach said he doesnt want him. But again, trade him and see how far you go. I wonder who Kobe will blame then because he never man's up and just say this is on me. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #866
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,222
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Knicks are 18-1 at home with Woodson...Dat defense.
It's great coaching. I do believe that he can make Melo and Amare work. It's amazing how we let Zbo and Crawford go for peanuts but look at those guys now. Dantoni had talent on this team but "had no place for it"..........really?

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #867
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,236
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

The heat'll swing to Dwight and Nash and Kobe won't necessarily need to blame them because he'll have an army of dick-head fans to do it for him. He might make half a comment and his fans will pick it up an run with it though.

Pau is/has been playing about 5 feet too high though. No reason to step out as far as Brown had him going unless it's for screen variants. Playing too high for the high block which makes it pointless because it makes the high-low a more difficult option which makes him less of a threat and pointless being there in the first place.

I wouldn't put money on D'antoni to correct it though, because like I said before, D'antoni isn't an offensive coach as many like to believe. He's a players coach who pretty much lets the chips fall as they may.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #868
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,825
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Also goes to show why I think the Heat are operating at half speed. They know they can turn it on when it counts. Of course, this doesn't work all the time but they should cruise the regular season to a 1 or 2 seed.
Yeah, there was a lot of talk before the game on the telecast about how the key for the Nets would be to prevent turnovers because their game is suited for the half-court. And they looked like they were going to blow out the Heat after the first quarter and a half, but Miami cut the lead to 9 by the half just by upping the tempo, and with the way the Nets came out in the second half, they just couldn't keep up and made so many turnovers because of the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Knicks are 18-1 at home with Woodson...Dat defense.
Yeah, and this is why I feel a lot better about the Knicks than I do with the Nets. Sure last season was a roller coaster for them, but after Linsanity ended and the coaching situation was over, the Knicks played really well leading up to the playoffs. The only reason they looked so bad against Miami was because they got outplayed and were outmatched. But people forget that they were played a lot better once Woodson took over, and he rightfully deserved being made the full time coach.

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #869
Poeman
Banned User
 
Poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the town with no name
Posts: 11,318
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!



You're next Stern!


get that fine ready boys

Poeman is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #870
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

posted like 3 days ago

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #871
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,224
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

It hit the mainstream news today though. I said WTF the other day and I say WTF now. As in WTF were they thinking taking a pic like that?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #872
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 68,069
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

TP brought over a bottle of Absinthe and s**t got out of hand.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty

H.E.
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #873
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
You're next Stern!

get that fine ready boys
For a picture taken six weeks ago?

Burgundy LaRue is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #874
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,224
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

That won't stop that douche.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #875
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,222
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Stern protects his refs more than he does his league's reputation.

Docker2.0 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.