The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #251
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 8 "Made to Suffer" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Man they went through those prisoners fast.
They were Cannon fodder

Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #252
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 8 "Made to Suffer" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
The argument about the show not featuring enough African-American actors was proven false by this season. I think someone could make the argument about unrepresentation for just about any minority group but that one.

And while we're on the subject of realism, another area in which I think the show succeeds is it's portrayal of women. It must have been tempting to put models on the show for some extra buzz, but the women on the show have an "everyday gal" look to them. I don't mean to say that they aren't pretty, but it's never been a distraction. They are each individual characters, not a collection of T&A.
Really? T-Dog even laments being the only black guy in the group. They go to a new place, a new black guy shows up, T-Dog dies. New black guy gets a little development, then a new black guy shows up... bye Oscar.

What is this, Highlander?

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #253
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
The depths of her hatred for him existed long before that. And even after that, once you escape from someone who tried to kill you, you stay gone. It takes a particular kind of hatred to go back and sit in their house waiting for them to come home to get revenge. He hasn't don't enough to her to provoke such hatred. The feud between Michonne and the governor is supposed to be legendary. Here, it feels forced and hollow.
Come on we all know the real reason why Michonne hates the Gov. He stole Andrea from her. Jokes aside sending Merle and some other goons to kill her a day after she left Woodbury was enough reason for her to hate the Gov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
When the episode opened with the black couple in the woods, I literally turned to my girlfriend and said, "Well, looks like the new black guy [Oscar?] is gonna die this episode." Seriously, this show has a problem with having more than one black male alive at a time. It's equally sad and hilarious.
I knew poor Oscar was dead the moment he said he'd go with Rick to Woodbury. They just needed an excuse to kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Anybody find it funny it was the Woobdury black dude that killed Oscar? Black on black crime.
Actually it was the guy Rick imagined was Shane that killed Oscar. So in all actuality it was Rick's fault Oscar's dead.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #254
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

You sure about that? I remember "Bowman" shooting him with the shotgun and then "Shane" showed up.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #255
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #256
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

This is why you don't watch tv drunk.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #257
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

U is dumb darth.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #258
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Hey, Kane, think you can hit me with some Governor avvys from last night's show? I need him in all his one-eyed glory.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #259
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Deadline:
Quote:
‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Draws 10.5 Million Viewers
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

AMC’s The Walking Dead wrapped the fall portion of its third season in style, logging a monster 10.5 million total viewers for the premiere 9 PM telecast and 15.2 million for the night, including two encores. That was just shy of the record-breaking 10.9 million Live+Same Day total viewers who tuned in to the third season premiere in October. Compared with Season 2 midseason finale in 2011, last night’s audience was up a whopping 58%. The Walking Dead midseason finale drew 6.9 million adults 18-49, up 54% vs. Season 2, and 6.0 million adults 25-54, up 52%. Both qualify as the second-highest deliveries for the zombie series behind the Season 3 premiere (7.3 million in 18-49, 6.1 million in 25-54).

The October series premiere of The Walking Dead ranks as the top telecast on broadcast or cable this fall among adults 18-49. And now, the series’ 18-49 average has topped all other fall series — cable or broadcast. The Walking Dead Season 3 to date also reigns as the No. 1 ad-supported drama series in basic cable history among total viewers, adults 18-49, adults 25-54, adults 18-34 and all male demos. The remaining eight episodes of The Walking Dead Season 3 launch February 10.
This show is a monster. Plus they've been up against the number one show on TV, Sunday Night Football. Their ratings should jump even higher when it returns a week after the Super Bowl and more people have caught up. Can you imagine 20 million over three airings for the season finale in March?

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #260
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Hey, Kane, think you can hit me with some Governor avvys from last night's show? I need him in all his one-eyed glory.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #261
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

thanks!

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #262
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_ice View Post

Oh TWD, why must you do this

BOOOOO. Nothing personal, Venus, but the accusation of subtle racism on
TWD is wearing thing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Michonne continued point of not telling anyone stuff is getting slightly annoying for me. I get being guarded in the zombie apocalypse but she could atleast give Rick and co a little more info.
She's a loner by nature. Functioning in a group dynamic is not going to be an easy transition for her. I'm sure she's going to be wary of everyone in the group for a very long time, especially after being betrayed by Andrea's over-active hormones.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #263
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Deadline:

This show is a monster. Plus they've been up against the number one show on TV, Sunday Night Football. Their ratings should jump even higher when it returns a week after the Super Bowl and more people have caught up. Can you imagine 20 million over three airings for the season finale in March?
Despite the breaks being a bit difficult, I don't blame AMC for such a smart business move. By Feb. 10th, people will have had their fill of football and be looking for something different to fill their winter weekends. It's a perfect time for TWD to gain even more viewers.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #264
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
BOOOOO. Nothing personal, Venus, but the accusation of subtle racism on
TWD is wearing thing with me.
Yeah, if anyone deserves accusations of racism, it's the fans that looked at T-Dog and said **** like "Why did they make Tyreese so lame?" Because of course, the first black man you see that isn't Morgan HAS to be Tyreese...

Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #265
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Damn that was good stuff, Michonne vs The Governor was greasy and Andrea still has no damn sense. Carl getting respected by the big guy most in here seem excited about was a nice touch and he seems to have his eye on that creeper Axel, although judging by the preview at the end it seems Beth may develop a thing for Rick!

The two things I'm looking forward to in the 2nd half of the season are what happens with Merle and Andrea, the latter must surely wake up and I'm not totally sold on this Trojan Merle idea, however I do wonder how they escape given Woodbury is surely on lockdown after what happened. Either way I don't see him making it to season 4.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #266
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

They kill more white people on this show every episode than black people.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #267
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
They kill more white people on this show every episode than black people.
The only two characters on the show who are "safe" are Rick (the flagship character) and Michonne (the break-out character), so people really shouldn't try to read things into the show. It's been a death parade since the first eppy and that won't change.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #268
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
The only two characters on the show who are "safe" are Rick (the flagship character) and Michonne (the break-out character),

Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #269
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
The only two characters on the show who are "safe" are Rick (the flagship character) and Michonne (the break-out character), so people really shouldn't try to read things into the show. It's been a death parade since the first eppy and that won't change.
I wouldn't call Michonne the "break-out character". That title goes to Daryl, IMO.

Anyways, I need to put together my thoughts on the episode. So much to comment on.

Last edited by Zatanna; 12-03-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #270
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna View Post
I wouldn't call Michonne the "break-out character". That title goes to Daryl, IMO.

Anyways, I need to put together my thoughts on the episode. So much to comment on.
I can't see Daryl living past this season. Especially with Tyree there now. There will be TONS of backlash from making that move though.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #271
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I don't think they'll kill Daryl off, he's Rick's dude and way too popular.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #272
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Killing any character that suits the show isn't something that I think should be off limits, no matter how popular said character is. That even goes for Rick.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #273
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Did anyone else think Michonne was trying to strangle The Governor with her sword?

In the craziness of the fight I forgot that it was impaled in Penny's skull and she was using her scabbard. I was like wtf why are you risking slicing your fingers off to strangle the dude?

I felt bad for the governor when he was holding Penny in his arms and crying. He was so desperate to believe he could have his daughter back and now she's dead for real.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #274
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Killing any character that suits the show isn't something that I think should be off limits, no matter how popular said character is. That even goes for Rick.
I don't know how you feel about the odds of this happening, but I feel safe in saying it won't, not until the show is over at least. From the first episode, it's always centered around Rick, he's the protagonist, and it should stay that way. This is what the audience is used to. Too big a change as that would be detrimental.

And IMO, this kind of thinking is flawed when it comes to a television show. I've said it before, but this audience isn't the same as the audience the comic books have. Television audiences are less forgiving. And I think that should be taken into consideration, for the producers.

The comics are never ending, so of course, I expect Kirkman to end Rick's life at some point, and Carl will take over. But, that's the comics.

Also, anything that could potentially lower ratings isn't something that I think would "suit" the show.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #275
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I WANT THEM ALL DEAD!