The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #826
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I'm hoping they spend time out of costume so we can see how their secret identities interact.

Seeing Steve Rogers and Tony Stark do their usual thing in and out of armor-Cool.

Seeing Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent mocking each other or hitting on Lois Lane, only to then get all business when the suits are on-AMAZING.

Having Nick Fury already know who everybody is because nobody really has a secret identity-okay.

Having it revealed that Batman knows who everybody is but they can trust him not to reveal it, or having him reveal everybody's identity and that he also has plan to take them all out if they go bad-NICE.

Having Loki and Tony having a little chat before a final battle-Very cool.

Having Bruce Wayne trolling an unknowing Lex Luthor while playing the billionaire playboy-AWESOME.
Really dont wanna see Bruce hit on lois.It came out very dickishly on the cartoon and hated that Lois prefered Bruce over clark-talk about emasculatin

Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #827
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
i think the GA would care whether its Bruce Wayne or not
unfortunately Bale didn't own the character as boldly as he could have, or rather nolan didn't let him. It's different with RDJ, but bale's wayne isn't all that special. Other things sold these bat films..

The audience won't really mind the switch.
Not like in the comics where everyone and their mother know what bruce wayne really is about.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #828
shauner111
Side-Kick

Pfft. Bale's Wayne was amazing, get off the drugs.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #829
Nathan

Just reboot the damn Bat. Where is that rule that says that we have to wait a couple years for a new Batman? Nolan finished his Trilogy, bring on the next one. And make it more fantastical. I don't want Justice League connected to Nolan's universe. We couldn't have little fantastical elements like the Lazarus Pit, a Perma-white Joker and strength enhancing Venom, but now you want to connect it to a world with super powers, aliens and magic? That just won't mesh well together.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #830
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
unfortunately Bale didn't own the character as boldly as he could have, or rather nolan didn't let him. It's different with RDJ, but bale's wayne isn't all that special. Other things sold these bat films..

Not like in the comics where everyone and their mother know what bruce wayne really is about.
I agree.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #831
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

So much truth. Bale is far from the definitive Bruce. Keatons Bruce was much better imo but they have yet to find the actor that just screams Bruce Wayne for me yet.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #832
shauner111
Side-Kick

IMO Keaton had nothing on Bales Bruce. What did he do that was better? He brooded in a batcave for a couple of short scenes and then made funnies with Alfred. It was Michael Keaton being awesome, but just being the goofy Michael Keaton that he was.

I dont see how that comes close to what Bale did with billionaire playboy Bruce or when he was alone with Alfred. Or Bale's look as Bruce Wayne especially in Begins.

For me, it's gonna be hard finding somebody who can match Christian Bale's take on the character.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #833
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I prefer Bale's Bruce and Keaton's Batman.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #834
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I'm with you on that.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #835
Edguy
Banned User

Agreed on Bale being better as Bruce. Batman was the least interesting part of The Dark Knight trilogy..

Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #836
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Conroy is better than both.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #837
Nathan

I hope we'll eventually get someone who can play a good Wayne as Bale did, as well as a good Batman as Keaton did.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #838
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Pfft. Bale's Wayne was amazing, get off the drugs.
There's a point to that though. RDJ is and will forever be Tony Stark, Jackman is and will forever be Wolverine, much like Connery is to Bond, Bale was a very good Bruce Wayne, but there have been and will be others who do just as good a job. He's just one of many actors to don the cape and cowl. Like it or not the Bale's, Hemsworth's, Evans', Garfield's, McGuire's etc of this world are easily replaceable because their impact on their characters was never the same as the RDJ's and Jackman's.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #839
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
There's a point to that though. RDJ is and will forever be Tony Stark, Jackman is and will forever be Wolverine, much like Connery is to Bond, Bale was a very good Bruce Wayne, but there have been and will be others who do just as good a job. He's just one of many actors to don the cape and cowl. Like it or not the Bale's, Hemsworth's, Evans', Garfield's, McGuire's etc of this world are easily replaceable because their impact on their characters was never the same as the RDJ's and Jackman's.
I don't know if I agree with you about Jackman's Wolverine. I don't doubt another actor could play the role equally well and eventually replace Jackman as the face of the role in the eyes of the public. The only really irreplaceable actor is Downey, mostly because it seems that he injected so much of himself into Tony, even adlibbing his own lines.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #840
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Performance wise you may have a point in terms of matching RDJ (not one I necessarily agree with) but I'd still say he's owned the role from day one and will always be considered Wolverine.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #841
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Agreed

Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #842
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

keaton was miscast but more expressive. Bale was fine but he was the straight man in TDK to Joker's funny man so they didnt play up his eccentricities.

I really think they need to go with a more intense, more fanatical batman/bruce the next time around. something more akin to the Punisher, only without all the killing and dismembering. A detective and a soldier who's conducting a war that will never end.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #843
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Even though Joss Whedon has only recently turned in the outline for Avengers 2, I'm sure WB has a few drafts for JL already done. If you want to get technical, WB is a bit further ahead in this case.

I don't think WB will get JL in production fast enough to beat Avengers 2 (like a March 2015 release), but they're not rushing it.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #844
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Going back on the issue of having Blake as Batman in the JL movie, I think we are undermining the importance of Batman not just in the eyes of comic book fans but in the eyes of the general public also. Bruce Wayne has been Batman in the eyes of the GA for over 70 years while Blake just became Batman at the end of the last Batman movie (and without the GA even seeing him put on the suit) in a series that everyone knows was concluded including the GA (the tagline "The Legend Ends!" was everywhere during the marketing). My point is that you can't expect me to believe that JUST comic book fans will be pissed at the decision of having John Blake as Batman in JL, especially standing next to Clark Kent who will be Superman.

Let's remember that prior to the release of the Green Lantern film, the general audience for the most part thought Green Lantern was a black man since John Stewart received more exposure outside the comics and when they saw that they turned GL into a white guy (even though he was always white), a lot of non-comic book fans were upset.

The general public has grown to love certain characters a lot more than people realize and this is especially true about someone like Batman.

As for me personally, I will refuse to watch the JL movie in theatres if it will feature John Blake as Batman and will look for a good quality bootleg somewhere online. People have been looking forward to seeing Batman and Superman on the big screen side by side since the their inception. This first ever JL movie has been awaited and hyped up for decades now and will not only be a major moment in DC's cinematic history but a major and iconic moment in comic book history. To not have Bruce as Batman is in my opinion a disgusting slap to the face to everyone that has awaited this epic moment for decades.

But hey, what do I know? I'm nothing but a Batman fanboy who hates seeing anyone but Bruce under the cowl. After all, that's the only possible logical explanation to why I would be so upset if this were to happen, at least according to some of the people I talked on this forum with.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #845
TheWatcher
Dapper

I'm another passenger on the Keaton Batman and Bale Bruce train.

-Christian Bale
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #846
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Same here.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #847
shauner111
Side-Kick

I love Keatons Batman in the first movie (he always feels useless to me in Batman Returns). He'll always be awesome. But i prefer my Batman not to kill. It takes him away from the common murdering vigilante that's usually depicted. Like Punisher for example.

Keatons Batman was my introduction to the character and Michael Keaton was probably one of the first actors i saw as a child..so ill always have a soft spot. But Bale is Batman to me. Since June 2005 he had that spot. He had the look, the balance of dark & light (that keaton had), the physicality & aggression, and a warmth. Not just a likeability, because Keaton had that too, but a warmth. I could never relate to anything in those Burton movies. Maybe because Keaton was so damn cold. His light moments were funny and that's what made you like him so much but i never felt bad for the guy. He felt like a guy who was traumatized since he was a boy and then he became the same thing his villains turned out to be. A maniacal killer. Like the punisher, just a cold vigilante.

The first season or two of Dexter reminds me of him. His humor and seeing him in action made him cool in a dark way, and made him likeable because he was funny at times. It's not until the series progresses where he starts warming up as a character and you feel for him. I got that with Bale but never Keaton. Maybe it's because we never saw that third or fourth movie with Michael.

With Keaton they gave us a great actor with cold moments, funny moments, cool visuals when he was Batman. And that's it. With Bale i got that AND about 10 other things. Of course that's all just my opinion but i truly feel Bale was a more "full" Batman and Bruce Wayne in comparison to ANY previous actor who has portrayed him.

Im certainly not gonna wait around for another 3 to 8 years or whatever (taking the JGL rumors into account) just to see if the next Bruce/Batman will match Bale or better him. Yes it can happen and eventually it will but im not waiting around for it.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #848
TheSymbol
Side-Kick

I'm really curious about this flm.

There are a number of directors who can direct it.

1.Brad Bird
2.Rian Johnsson
3.Paul Greengrass.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #849
roach
I am the night

If I was gonna do this I wouldnt let anyone know who Batman is. He would just be this mysterious guy who showed up when trouble occurred.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #850
BatSpider
Not an S

No, no, no,
Using JGl and John Blake as Batman would be such a mistake.

Closed Thread