Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #201
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
they are really using electro. wow that just dumb and boring

so we have till wait till the third movie, to see the goblin and the possible death of gwen

yeah that makes sense, when the cast stone i said they wouldnt have the balls to kill gwen off and its looking more likely
So using Electro is dumb and boring? To each his own. And just because Electro is confirmed doesn't mean Green Goblin won't make an appearance at the end of the film.

If Goblin does make an appearance, I want it to be a surprise. Sony will probably give it away in the trailers/tv spots though. argh...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #202
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

How is Electro boring? lol

I mean yeah there is a part of me we might get another Sandman, but he could have the potential to be the best villain ever next to Doc Ock if written correctly.

Lizard's origin was scatty and a lot of scenes shouldn't have been left on the cutting room floor; Sandman was underdeveloped. Green Goblin was good, but the suit could've been better.

If done and written right and if Foxx can really bring his A-game, the character could be a massive success. The reboot won a lot of fans, but also divided others (critics). Now, that Spidey's origin has been told, Webb can focus more on Pete's relationships, what drives him as a character, the villains, the bigger picture, his pursuit of his Uncle's killer, etc. and one way to really bring audiences and critics back is, in my opinion, make Electro sort of like what Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face was in "THE DARK KNIGHT." Norman Osborn/Green Goblin is Joker and uses a likable guy like Max Dillon as a pawn in his grander scheme. When the accident happens, he reaches out to him in order to get rid of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, maybe Pete is present during the accident, and as Spider-Man he could've saved him, but didn't, and Green Goblin twists Max's mind to blame Pete for his transformation. This would allow him to get closer to the one's Pete loves and by the end of the movie Gwen would die.

Just an idea.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #203
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Someone can't complain about a film's villain, but you can call said person a cry baby?
Because he's saying its going to be "dumb and boring" without even seeing the film to the actors performance/portrayal of the charcter yet. I'm not saying its gonna be amazing, it might end up being horrible. But I will at least wait until I see the finished product.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #204
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Not meaning to sound racist, I just hope they do this role right and not go in the cliche route because having a black electro I just picture them wanting to make him cool and hip and edgy and groovy - basically his Djengo persona but a bad guy. Whereas they should hopefully still keep him maniacal, dark, and edgy. Jammie Foxx has that cool kind of edge to him, but he's also a great actor - just hope they cast because of the actor and not "let's make this guy black so he can carry that coolness." Because Hollywood is still known for type casting minorities like that. Electro has always been the opposite of smooth in the comics - well all except for Ultimate but there he was just a henchman. If that makes sense? Seeing how Hollywood thinks, I can see them seeing this way on the role rather than just keeping everything race neutral and just casting by the actor. I mean it is a studio that saw 'black spider-man' as being "funky" instead of creepy... just hoping it's Foxx with a take like 'Spider-Man: Power to the People.'

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 12-03-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #205
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Because he's saying its going to be "dumb and boring" without even seeing the film to the actors performance/portrayal of the charcter yet. I'm not saying its gonna be amazing, it might end up being horrible. But I will at least wait until I see the finished product.
And that gives you the right to call the person a "cry baby"?

You could've just said what you said to me right now without name calling.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #206
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
Not meaning to sound racist, I just hope they do this role right and not go in the cliche route because having a black electro I just picture them wanting to make him cool and hip and edgy and groovy - basically his Djengo persona but a bad guy. Whereas they should hopefully still keep him maniacal, dark, and edgy. Jammie Foxx has that cool kind of edge to him, but he's also a great actor - just hope they cast because of the actor and not "let's make this guy black so he can carry that coolness." Because Hollywood is still known for type casting minorities like that. Electro has always been the opposite of smooth in the comics - well all except for Ultimate but there he was just a henchman. If that makes sense? Seeing how Hollywood thinks, I can see them seeing this way on the role rather than just keeping everything race neutral and just casting by the actor. I mean it is a studio that saw 'black spider-man' as being "funky" instead of creepy... just hoping it's Foxx with a take like 'Spider-Man: Power to the People.'

I don't see Marc Webb or Sony doing something like that.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #207
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

" Electro gets the short end of the stick and takes it out on the world?
So basically he's treated wrongly then lashes as doenst give a crap?
Let's see some Foxx badassery.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #208
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
I don't see Marc Webb or Sony doing something like that.
I wouldn't put it past them. Not saying it will happen, hoping it won't. But it is classic Hollywood level thinking.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #209
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past them. Not saying it will happen, hoping it won't. But it is classic Hollywood level thinking.
Well, we are pretty hip.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #210
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
" Electro gets the short end of the stick and takes it out on the world?
So basically he's treated wrongly then lashes as doenst give a crap?
Let's see some Foxx badassery.
I'll add to this and say let's see a villain that will be actually worthwhile and compete with Dafoe's Green Goblin and Molina's Doc Ock

Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #211
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
I doubt he'll be a stereotype. Foxx at this stage in his career wouldn't say yes to that. Not to say everything that he has done was gold (Stealth).

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #212
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Looks like they are again trying to make a sympathetic villain... this makes me worried

Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #213
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Webb and co could do a lot worse than to take inspiration from SSM's version of Electro.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #214
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

That's possibly my favorite version, though the design could be a tad better

Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #215
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

Please, we need a really bad villain.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #216
mayo23
Side-Kick

If you've read what type of villains Webb prefers, then it's probably best to keep your hopes low for anything but sympathetic villains.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #217
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
they are really using electro. wow that just dumb and boring

so we have till wait till the third movie, to see the goblin and the possible death of gwen

yeah that makes sense, when the cast stone i said they wouldnt have the balls to kill gwen off and its looking more likely
Be ready to eat your words in a few years.

:P

Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #218
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
If you've read what type of villains Webb prefers, then it's probably best to keep your hopes low for anything but sympathetic villains.
But Electro is not a sympathetic villain.

Unless Webb intends to turn him into one...

- The Joker
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #219
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Looks like they are again trying to make a sympathetic villain... this makes me worried
Sandman was not "bad," he was just stealing money to find a cure for his daughter.

Doc Ock was sympathetic because he was a good guy being controlled by mechanical arms.

Harry was just getting revenge for his father...

Green Goblin was originally a good guy in the beginning of SM1, but turned outright evil after taking the serum.

Lizard was turned into a monster, but had good intentions (making a world without weakness), but he didn't know that he was actually harming everyone. He was never really the "bad guy."

Magneto is considered bad, but he also had a hard time growing up... he was in the holocaust, lost both his parents, faced oppression as a mutant, etc. So you can feel for him. But doesn't mean he is "good."

I think electro can be sympathetic, but still evil like Magneto in the x-men films.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 12-04-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #220
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Well it also depends on how you define "sympathetic" and to what extent that is. One thing is for sure, Webb wants..or prefers villains with a humanistic element, a conflict between right and wrong and not a straight up bad guy.

Electro sounds like he could end up being the guy the world dumps on but when he gets his powers he decides to get back at everyone. There's already a human or sympathetic angle there.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #221
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Well it also depends on how you define "sympathetic" and to what extent that is. One thing is for sure, Webb wants..or prefers villains with a humanistic element, a conflict between right and wrong and not a straight up bad guy.

Electro sounds like he could end up being the guy the world dumps on but when he gets his powers he decides to get back at everyone. There's already a human or sympathetic angle there.
Well if he uses his powers to get back at everyone, using them for "revenge," I think that makes him a really interesting "Bad guy." He is sympathetic, but really, how interesting would it be to see Spider-man fight a guy who just steals money and kills for the sake of it? We had that with Green Goblin in SM1 after he got revenge, but there is only so much you can do with that.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #222
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Yeah, this!

I hoped for Foxx to say that he's a crazy, twisted, powerhungry man with a God complex. Or something more like that.

At first, I was worried about the "genious" thing too because he's not really a genious.

Then I thought about it and he could mean that he's a "genious electrician" in the way that he really can handle electricity like a pro. Wishful thinking, perhaps. But I imagine Electro controlling some technology with his electricity somehow, such as street lights etc.

The short stick thing is another thing that worried me, because that might hint that he's another sympathetic Avi Arad villain. But when thinking about it, the statement actually is kinda true to the character. That's how Electro feels and much why he eventually wants to prove that he's the most powerful man in NY (or the world).

I just want an Electro that has sad reasons for behaving like he does, but in no way should one feel that he's a good person throughout the film. He should be crazy and twisted, not in a psychopathic way but in a mentally ill way.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #223
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Then I thought about it and he could mean that he's a "genious electrician" in the way that he really can handle electricity like a pro. Wishful thinking, perhaps. But I imagine Electro controlling some technology with his electricity somehow, such as street lights etc.
Well, if the guy is an electrician, then he must know how to handle electricity, different types of currents, etc. The entire film is being shot in New York. I picture him standing in the middle of times square absorbing all of the electricity from the massive amount of lights and television screens present there (even at midnight, some blocks look like its daytime). Imagine how epic that could be.

Quote:
The short stick thing is another thing that worried me, because that might hint that he's another sympathetic Avi Arad villain. But when thinking about it, the statement actually is kinda true to the character. That's how Electro feels and much why he eventually wants to prove that he's the most powerful man in NY (or the world).
He woudl be sympathetic, but the idea is to get a villain who doesn't have "good intentions," such as: Doc Ock, Sandman, & Lizard.

Quote:
I just want an Electro that has sad reasons for behaving like he does, but in no way should one feel that he's a good person throughout the film. He should be crazy and twisted, not in a psychopathic way but in a mentally ill way.
It could go in that direction, we really don't know enough to say how he could turn out.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #224
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Lol, which will probably happen

Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #225
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Magneto is considered bad, but he also had a hard time growing up... he was in the holocaust, lost both his parents, faced oppression as a mutant, etc. So you can feel for him. But doesn't mean he is "good."

I think electro can be sympathetic, but still evil like Magneto in the x-men films.
Well said! Could be very interesting. I just hope Electro doesn't feel like every other Spidey movie villain.

Closed Thread