Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #476
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Or some recent comic series where he attends a nonviolent Iranian protest, gets stuff thrown at him and such but remains standing.
Also written by David Goyer.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #477
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I have a feeling that once alot of people here see the poster at their local theatre or on the side of some building or bus in the city, they will change their tune. I think the angle here is brilliant, and I can't fault the composition either. Call me an apologist, I don't care, but I think Snyders 2-for-2 so far. Now we just need that 'crazy' trailer for the hat trick.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #478
sup101
It'S oN!mY tImE tO sHiNe!

I guess shannon confirmed krypton will be destroyed

Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #479
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I think, if the option is there, Darkseid should fight the whole League. But Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Parasite, Kryptonite Man, Zod, and so on should just be in Superman movies.
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
At this point, I would hope that MOS gets to be the first live action Superman franchise where a director gets to fully direct two Superman films in succession, without any political BS taking place backstage.

Neither Donner, Lester, or Singer have been successful in getting to fully direct two Superman films in a row. Snyder may hopefully be the first.

I don't want any of Superman's solo films to be hampered by what's going on with the JLA. The quality of Superman's solo films shouldn't have to suffer because DC wanted to feed some of Superman's best villains to the JLA.
Bingo.This is why i dont want any of supes villains in justice league

Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #480
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Exactly

Bingo.This is why i dont want any of supes villains in justice league
Plus, if History proves anything, it's that whenever Superman and Batman have been placed on the same screen, Batman always ends up being portrayed as the bigger hero than Superman just to emphasize the fact that while batman doesn't have powers, that he's someone that no one should mess with.

I don't want to see Superman emasculated for the sake of making some other character look badass.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #481
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't want to see Superman emasculated for the sake of making some other character look badass.
True that.Reallly tired of all the Batman>superman stuff.This is why I dont want Paul dini and bruce timm involved in JL.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #482
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Another thing that I"m worried about is that with the inclusion of a JLA film, thus a shared universe, what are the chances then that Superman can get the same finale treatment that Batman got? I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy seeing stories that actually have a beginning, middle, and end; where it doesn't come off that the director or studio was just going into the film with the thought process of making as much as they can before the franchise's success runs out on them.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #483
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

If they do the whole shared universe thing I'm sure Superman won't get the short end of the stick and leave fans hanging. I have faith that they will do a complete story with Superman and Justice League

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #484
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

If MOS does well, then Superman will most likely be labeled as the "godfather" of the DC Film Universe since he'll be the one that Warner Bros. will use as a spearhead into delivering these films.

And unless the characters and portrayals of the other heroes were extremely well received in the JLA film; I'm talking like on the level that Mark Ruffalo's was for The Avengers, then I don't see Warner Bros. having the interest in making other solo films aside from Superman and potentially Batman.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #485
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Another thing that I"m worried about is that with the inclusion of a JLA film, thus a shared universe, what are the chances then that Superman can get the same finale treatment that Batman got? I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy seeing stories that actually have a beginning, middle, and end; where it doesn't come off that the director or studio was just going into the film with the thought process of making as much as they can before the franchise's success runs out on them.
well to be fair the chances seem smaller but it can be done.They cld go with the MOS trilogy concentrating on Supermans early years and have it it end when Superman has copletely transitioned fro rookie hero to veteran hero and worlds greatest.The league cld concentrate on hid veteran hero days.

Alternatively they cld end it by having the story jump years into the future-like TDKR jumped 8 yrs into the future- away from the Jl stuff

Aside from that i cant see how they can pull off giving superman ane ending

Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #486
SuperAl
Superman's back!

I always felt the best time for a JL movie would be after Superman is killed by doomsday. Then Darkseid shows up with his army, the JL is formed because of superman's sacrifice. Superman is revived in the later half of the movie to defeat Darkseid.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #487
The Guard
Side-Kick

Pretty effective image, if a simple one and one we've seen from other footage. I don't love it from an art standpoint, but I certainly don't think it's bad, either.

If the problem people have with Superman is the oh so common "He's too powerful", this will give them pause. It also certainly does give him a “villainous” aura. Superman is clearly going willingly, albeit somewhat reluctantly, which makes you wonder what happened to cause that to take place. What was humanity's reaction to him, why is he being imprisoned/arrested? It makes you think a bit.

I can’t get upset that there’s a less than generic poster out there for MAN OF STEEL. It’s interesting, because I think the first major teaser for SUPERMAN RETURNS showed him floating above the Earth, almost godlike. This one is decidedly more human and down to Earth.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #488
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Honestly I just hope that Man of Steel is a success and then worry about if it was good enough to kick off a shared universe into Justice League

Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #489
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Snyder and Cavill keep reinforcing that this is a very real world take on Superman. The Justice League is just not realistic as an idea as it relies on the audience to suspend disbelief too many times for too many heroes. So to make it work they'd have to go the Avengers approach and really make it hammy and tongue-in-cheek. Chances are they won't though and they'll try go the ultra-realism/gritty approach and try make it work in MOS's universe, hence spoiling MOS's universe with all these other heroes. (Or they do try and play off the humor of it and totally undermine the gravitas of MOS. It's lose/lose really.)

This is let-alone if it is even a good movie or not. And I just can't see it being so.

No matter how it plays out, the MOS franchise is f***ed. So to those of us that understand that, let's hope it never happens. And with the sorry state WB appears to be, I doubt it'll ever happen in the immediate future.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #490
Octoberist
point blank

The only sorry state WB is in would be their comic book slate. Otherwise, I think they tend to be one of the better studios in Hollywood.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #491
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
The only sorry state WB is in would be their comic book slate. Otherwise, I think they tend to be one of the better studios in Hollywood.
Not counting Green Lantern and Jonah Hex right?

Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #492
Octoberist
point blank

Let's count them becuase those are comic book movies and they are sure as sorry as heck.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #493
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Terrible movies

Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #494
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

So, I wonder what are our chances of getting something new between now and the debut of the new trailer?

If memory serves me correct, I remember how when Warner Bros. had released that god awful poster for TDKR, after reading so much backlash over here, just a few days later, they released those kick ass individual RISE posters; the ones that had rain drops/hail as a motif in it.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #495
Octoberist
point blank

Espeically Green Lantern. I can see someone enjoying it on a certain leve, or on cable, but I don't understand how anyone would go out of their way to defend it. (Cough..The Guard )

Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #496
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Espeically Green Lantern. I can see someone enjoying it on a certain leve, or on cable, but I don't understand how anyone would go out of their way to defend it. (Cough..The Guard )
I'd bang Blake Lively...she's pretty hot

Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #497
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'd bang Blake Lively...she's pretty hot
Ryan Reynolds seems to have learned that on his own as he married her only a year later.lol

Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #498
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree actually, especially with Harry Potter and TDK trilogy. I think it's just the negativity around here regarding them rubbing off on me.

I still don't think they'll be able to pull off a successful JL film though. I just can't see it. In what universe will they be able to pull this off without it looking like a shameless 'me too' of the Avengers?

Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #499
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
---

I canít get upset that thereís a less than generic poster out there for MAN OF STEEL. Itís interesting, because I think the first major teaser for SUPERMAN RETURNS showed him floating above the Earth, almost godlike. This one is decidedly more human and down to Earth.
no. it wasn't. that poster 'floating above the Earth, almost godlike' came out very late and wasn't being used by most of the cinema. n it mostly being used in the DVD.
in fact most of SR posters were very lame. just the \S/, superman hovering with lois showing the SSSS base boots, or a closeup of them together.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #500
elgaz
Side-Kick

The one thing this poster does is illustrate Superman's difference from us. You have these army guys around him - in typical recognisable military gear, identical muted colours, with weapons - and then you have him in this very bright alien looking suit, restrained. He stands out hugely from those around in terms of not only his clothing, but his physique too.

I've a feeling that this will be the 'realistic' approach that Snyder is taking - unlike the 1978 Superman where his first appearance caused the crowd to applaud him (catching a falling Lois, and then catching the helicoper which toppled after her), this Superman film may stress how people would actually react to a superpowered alien in their midst : fear. Governments would be worried, armies would be on high alert, and so on.

I don't think we've ever seen a Superman promotional poster (for a movie at least) take a similar angle in terms of how big blue himself is portrayed. Putting him in cuffs is a gutsy move.

Closed Thread