The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #51
Web face
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official ASM Sequel News/Speculation Thread

web shooters aren't "gnarly" enough haha jk.
Speaking of which, do you think that Peter could make spider-tracers that he can shoot with his web shooters? Also, do you guys think they might take some inspiration from Ben Rielly for the web shooters?

Web face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #52
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
This is what the suit should look like: (Sans the eyes)

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...r-man#/d5lrqdv
Not bad. I'd bring back more ASM suit elements though (the "gnarly webshooters", the ASM spider symbol, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
web shooters aren't "gnarly" enough haha jk.
Speaking of which, do you think that Peter could make spider-tracers that he can shoot with his web shooters? Also, do you guys think they might take some inspiration from Ben Rielly for the web shooters?
I'd like to see the spider tracers. And I'm thinking they'll go somewhere that's different from the Reilly shooters. I wouldn't want them, to be honest. They're too...distracting.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #53
cryptic name
No Limits

This is a bit of a non-sequitor, but the one thing I want more than anything in the sequel is a scene where Spidey is talking to someone while just chilling on a wall or hanging upside down from a web. He does way too much standing in all these movies. Webb got close by having him doing his homework while hanging upside down from a wall, but I need more.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #54
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
This is a bit of a non-sequitor, but the one thing I want more than anything in the sequel is a scene where Spidey is talking to someone while just chilling on a wall or hanging upside down from a web. He does way too much standing in all these movies. Webb got close by having him doing his homework while hanging upside down from a wall, but I need more.
He did that a lot in the 90's toon right? Like people would be walking and talking while he would be crawling on the ceiling and talking.
@Pac-Master -- Yeah I guess going with the Rielly shooters would stick out a little too much, but I think it would be cool if you could see a couple of cartridges on his wrist.

Web face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #55
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
Yeah I want that too!

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #56
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: London Calling

The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Setting A Course For Blighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly
The production title for next Spider-Man film is going to be London Calling. Already that’s interesting.

So, on learning this a couple of weeks back, I started doing some research, on two fronts.

First of all, I wanted to know why. Secondly, I wanted to know if the production would be coming over here to England, if only for a while.

As you might expect, I haven’t been able to garner any inside knowledge on what the tightly locked-down script contains – but I have had an appropriate storyline from the comics explained. Warning – if you haven’t seen the first film, the next two sentences will spoil an element of it.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

My informant (ie. Rich) told me that Gwen Stacy came over to the UK to study when mourning the death of her father.

That seems to follow on from the last movie rather nicely – and will certainly give Mary Jane Watson a chance to steal the spotlight.

Sounds good. I’ll take that as my “Why” for now.

But how about the second line of enquiry? Well, that’s where my digging has been rather more fruitful.

I managed to confirm that London Calling has indeed been planning for some production over here in the UK. How much? No idea. Yet. But it’s not studio stuff – or at least not just studio stuff. They’re planning to film out and about in the streets.

As location scouting and booking happens we’ll likely be able to give you a better idea of what’s being planned, but for now, there’s just the interesting prospect of seeing the friendly webhead getting a whole new neighbourhood to swing around.

Last edited by Gabe99; 11-28-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #57
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Naah, I think that's just a random name and nothing more than that.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #58
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Whenever they film a movie, they always give it a random production title. "London Calling" has nothing to do with the plot. If Gwen actually did go to the UK (which I'm certain won't be the case) then that would be a coincidence.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #59
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Did you guys miss the part where it says it'll be filming in the UK?

Old 12-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #60
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I just realized how cool it is that we're finally getting to see the Death of Gwen Stacy portrayed on the big screen in this trilogy.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #61
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Did you guys miss the part where it says it'll be filming in the UK?
Did you miss the part where the film is being shot entirely in New York? London Calling is the production title.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #62
Superhero 101
DESI

Great New of DeHaan being cast as Osbourne

Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #63
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really hope this film actually adds the elements of Spider-Man that made it a popular franchise in the first place. The problem with the first film is that it didn't actually feel like a Spider-Man film, it felt like something Sony cane up with to differentiate itself from the past trilogy. The "origin story" completely glossed over what ti meant for Peter to actually become Spider-Man, the overarching "parent's secret" storyline takes away from the main Spider-Man villains and is totally contradictory to the essence of Spider-Man's character, and it felt like the only thing the film really got right was Peter and Gwen's relationship. Hopefully, with the new beginning growing pains out of the way, Webb will create a Spider-Man film that actually feels like a Spider-Man film. More focus on Peter's inner thoughts and his struggles becoming a man and taking responsibility for his powers, more development and characterization for the main villain, and less of that ******** parents storyline that's really just a farce to the Spider-Man character. I fear though that this film will be just like the first because it seems like Webb is a teenage romance drama expert and doesn't have a good feel for the rest of Spider-Man's character.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #64
Marathon
Side-Kick

No Mysterio, no interest.

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #65
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm hardly on the Spiderman boards. What's the general reaction of Foxx as Electro?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #66
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I'm hardly on the Spiderman boards. What's the general reaction of Foxx as Electro?

It was met with a lot of cynicism , but I think people are warming up to the choice.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #67
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Actor Asim Ahmad is playing Dr. Michael Morbius, who of course becomes Morbius The Living Vampire in the comics. I bet that it's a role similar to Connors in SM2-SM3, and he won't transform.

http://www.asimahmad.com/

SHH has said this is false information, but they more than likely asked if Morbius is a villain in the sequel or something. Ahmad is claiming it's a small role.

https://twitter.com/asimaahmad/statu...92862382325761

Last edited by Marvel Spider; 12-11-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #68
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Actor Asim Ahmad is playing Dr. Michael Morbius, who of course becomes Morbius The Living Vampire in the comics. I bet that it's a role similar to Connors in SM2-SM3, and he won't transform.

http://www.asimahmad.com/

SHH has said this is false information, but they more than likely asked if Morbius is a villain in the sequel or something. Ahmad is claiming it's a small role.

https://twitter.com/asimaahmad/statu...92862382325761
yeah im still very skeptical about this rumor. The Spectacular Spider-Man thing is unlikely. And if there is a Michael Morbius role I doubt he is gonna be a vampire.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #69
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

In comics and the tv shows they have more than one villain,so why is it sobhard to believe that they can in the movie?

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #70
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Well considering the biggest weakness in TASM was Connors' character arc (and the Lizard himself), I'd hope Sony would want to do a single villan well before they go for the multiple choice option.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #71
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Well considering the biggest weakness in TASM was Connors' character arc (and the Lizard himself), I'd hope Sony would want to do a single villan well before they go for the multiple choice option.
^
Two villains can work if they both fit the story,and if you make one villain the main villain and the other a minor villain.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #72
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
^
Two villains can work if they both fit the story,and if you make one villain the main villain and the other a minor villain.
I'll agree with that, like Norman in the sequel being in the background. I'm just going on the idea that they want to go deeper into the parents story and have already added MJ and Harry as characters. Ther is only so much screentime to go around. Norman Osborn works in this context because of his connection to the parents. Electro and Morbius not so much.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 12-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #73
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Like I said, I doubt he will transform. And he said the role is on only two pages, so him becoming a vampire will not happen.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #74
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Talking Re: The Official ASM Sequel News/Speculation Thread

Why would they have Morbius if he doesn't transform.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #75
zeptron
Side-Kick

Why have John Jameson and not have him transform into Man-Wolf?

And how many vampire movies and TV shows are floating around these days? Morbius should be one of the last villains even considered especially when more unique ones can be done. And this franchise is now being compared to Twilight. Don't need to give people another reason to make comparsions.

And I never really thought Spider-man and vampires went well together. If there's a Blade reboot, Morbius would fit moreso there.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote