The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #401
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

The other thing that keeps crossing my mind is who they show as the person who is assassinated and who will create the Sentinels.

Doubtful:

Henry Gyrich - he died in X1, with Mystique taking his place (as shown on the helicopter when she first revealed herself). Magneto says Gyrich has been dead 'for some time' and at the TV news bulletin at the end they say they have found Gyrich's body and it appears to have mauled by a bear (=Sabretooth?)

Senator Kelly. He also died in X1, turning into Senator Jelly instead! Mystique then took his place in X2.

Bolivar Trask. The head of the Department of Homeland Security in X3. Singer seems unlikely to revisit a character from The Last Stand.

Sebastian Shaw - he did create/fund some Sentinels, but died in First Class

Other possibilities:

Bolivar's son Larry Trask

Bolivar's brother Simon Trask

Bolivar's relative Donald Trask

Stephen/Steven Lang - seems like a good contender as he created Sentinels in the comics, but also the real name of the actor from Avatar and Terra Nova that people keep suggesting to play Cable

Cameron Hodge - never created Sentinels, but also a good anti-mutant villain character from the comics

Bastion - a complex story in the comics, he is the fusion of Nimrod and Mastermold, and hides in human form as he works his way up through the government. Could be adapted into film, but tricky!

William Stryker or his father - William Stryker did reactivate Nimrod in the comics, while Project Wideawake was on Stryker's computer in X2.

Wikipedia entry on various phases of Sentinels

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #402
psyonic
X-Man

I like that Styker already had a mutant database and a Project Wideawake file on his computer in X2. Who knew they would revisit this route a decade later. Bolivar Trask should definitely be involved, played by Bill Duke for continuity.

I think everything that has happened in the OT should be a big enough reasons (Magneto's assualt on Liberty Island, Magneto's escape from prison, Nightcrawler's assassination attempt, Dark Cerebro, Magneto's assault on Alcatraz and Phoenix's destruction) for the government to initiate Project Wideawake. This obviously has been in planning by the military pre X2. It's believable since the cure was already developed by the time X3 started. I don't think a political assassination has to be the trigger.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #403
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I like that Styker already had a mutant database and a Project Wideawake file on his computer in X2. Who knew they would revisit this route a decade later. Bolivar Trask should definitely be involved, played by Bill Duke for continuity.

I think everything that has happened in the OT should be a big enough reasons (Magneto's assualt on Liberty Island, Magneto's escape from prison, Nightcrawler's assassination attempt, Dark Cerebro, Magneto's assault on Alcatraz and Phoenix's destruction) for the government to initiate Project Wideawake. This obviously has been in planning by the military pre X2. It's believable since the cure was already developed by the time X3 started. I don't think a political assassination has to be the trigger.
Okay.. so what would be the reason they would go back in time? What specifically happened in the 1960s? Was that when the Sentinels technology was invented? Do they have to destroy the technology and its inventor?

Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #404
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It will likely be assassination of human leader that the time traveler Is trying to stop.

The Sentinles won't be invented till post Films.

There Is undoudtably going to be X-men VS Brotherhood In the past.That's part of core elements of the storyline.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 12-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #405
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The other thing that keeps crossing my mind is who they show as the person who is assassinated and who will create the Sentinels.

Doubtful:

Henry Gyrich - he died in X1, with Mystique taking his place (as shown on the helicopter when she first revealed herself). Magneto says Gyrich has been dead 'for some time' and at the TV news bulletin at the end they say they have found Gyrich's body and it appears to have mauled by a bear (=Sabretooth?)

Senator Kelly. He also died in X1, turning into Senator Jelly instead! Mystique then took his place in X2.

Bolivar Trask. The head of the Department of Homeland Security in X3. Singer seems unlikely to revisit a character from The Last Stand.

Sebastian Shaw - he did create/fund some Sentinels, but died in First Class

Other possibilities:

Bolivar's son Larry Trask

Bolivar's brother Simon Trask

Bolivar's relative Donald Trask

Stephen/Steven Lang - seems like a good contender as he created Sentinels in the comics, but also the real name of the actor from Avatar and Terra Nova that people keep suggesting to play Cable

Cameron Hodge - never created Sentinels, but also a good anti-mutant villain character from the comics

Bastion - a complex story in the comics, he is the fusion of Nimrod and Mastermold, and hides in human form as he works his way up through the government. Could be adapted into film, but tricky!

William Stryker or his father - William Stryker did reactivate Nimrod in the comics, while Project Wideawake was on Stryker's computer in X2.

Wikipedia entry on various phases of Sentinels
I think Graydon Creed is a huge possibility if they disregard his backstory with mystique and sabretooth being his parents

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #406
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have suspecion they will Invent human leader.Eather politican or government official.
It will depend If the exsistance of mutants have been revealed to public yet during the past part of DOFP.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #407
Angamb
Banned User

Id like that the character to get killed was the president, a senator, or any political antimutants or prohumans.

Magneto uses to want the supremacy of mutants, right? so a political so focused on human rights could be the target.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #408
merbass
Side-Kick

Remember the man in black ? It's easier to invent someone and suit the story line !!

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #409
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes I'm wondering about too. I don't think they can't use Senator Kelly again, as he was already featured in X1 and killed in X1. I don't see William Stryker and Bolivar Trask coming back, I think Stryker died at Alkali Lake in X2 and Bolivar Trask didn't have much that role in X3. So I'm thinking, its either they'll create new characters for DOFP or they will use some C-list non-mutant characters from the comics or maybe Bastion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I don't want to see Polaris, Sunfire or mutants that can control elements or things we've seen before. Dazzler is the only one I can think of that would be visually appealing. Suggestions?
I think Polaris would be visually appealing if they add color to her magnetic powers just like in the comics but I don't think FOX would do that. Sunfire's mutant ability is similar to Pyro and Human Torch, and visually he would just look like Human Torch but he would still look pleasing in the eyes.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-04-2012 at 07:34 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #410
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Oooh I hope they use the Smilies. Those guys are creepy.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #411
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Smilies?

Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #412
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Aren't they smilERS? Anyhow, they are kinda like big armoured mutant-hunting soldiers, I think under Cameron Hodge, and they helmets have they enoumous toothy smiles painted on them.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #413
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strategos View Post
Aren't they smilERS? Anyhow, they are kinda like big armoured mutant-hunting soldiers, I think under Cameron Hodge, and they helmets have they enoumous toothy smiles painted on them.
Are there any pictures for these guys? They sound pretty cool.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #414
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Checked, it's Smileys.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #415
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Forge, Bishop, and Cable dangit!

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #416
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yes I'm wondering about too. I don't think they can't use Senator Kelly again, as he was already featured in X1 and killed in X1. I don't see William Stryker and Bolivar Trask coming back, I think Stryker died at Alkali Lake in X2 and Bolivar Trask didn't have much that role in X3. So I'm thinking, its either they'll create new characters for DOFP or they will use some C-list non-mutant characters from the comics or maybe Bastion.

I think Polaris would be visually appealing if they add color to her magnetic powers just like in the comics but I don't think FOX would do that. Sunfire's mutant ability is similar to Pyro and Human Torch, and visually he would just look like Human Torch but he would still look pleasing in the eyes.
I think Bryan would find a different way to protray Sunfires power. and maybe he would do something cool with Polaris too.

The interesting thing about moviemaking is that each director can do his own version of a comic, novel, character or whatever it is, so why to left out cool characters like Sunfire and Polaris just because F4 has a character with the same power?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #417
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think Bryan would find a different way to protray Sunfires power. and maybe he would do something cool with Polaris too.

The interesting thing about moviemaking is that each director can do his own version of a comic, novel, character or whatever it is, so why to left out cool characters like Sunfire and Polaris just because F4 has a character with the same power?
It might look like duplication. DoFP will already have two versions of Magneto, and even if they make Polaris's powers more visual/visible, she still does basically the same thing as Magneto.

Sunfire would look like Havok, with fiery energy blasts, as well as resembling Pyro and Human Torch, and Rachel Summers if they include her too.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #418
Angamb
Banned User

Fire is such a great power, I doubt general audience would find it boring, specially if the character can fly, like Sunfire.

I like movie Kitty and Rogue, but a character like Sunfire flying and surrounded by fire would appeal to many viewers, specially the young audience and comicbook fans.

And if he is a cute actor, he could appeal to young girls too, at least asian girls

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #419
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Checked, it's Smileys.
Awesome!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #420
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

More like terrifying!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #421
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Fire is such a great power, I doubt general audience would find it boring, specially if the character can fly, like Sunfire.

I like movie Kitty and Rogue, but a character like Sunfire flying and surrounded by fire would appeal to many viewers, specially the young audience and comicbook fans.

And if he is a cute actor, he could appeal to young girls too, at least asian girls
Oh yeah I just remember now that Sunfire fly too but so Human Torch too. But I was just commenting on the poster that wanted characters with different powers or something we haven't seen before. Sunfire would be a cool addition to the X-Men movie series.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #422
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Cypher would be cool to have on the "future" team.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 AM   #423
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Yeah, Cypher is very cool.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #424
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I don't think Cypher should be part of the X-Men team. According to Wikipedia, he's now one of the X-Men but these days at the comics, there are so many new members of the X-Men, its hard to keep track of. Cypher should be in a separate group, like the New Mutants but I don't think FOX will make a New Mutants movie. For me, only A-list or B-list characters should be part of the X-Men team (like Bishop, Cable, Psylocke, Polaris, Sunfire, Forge, Dazzler). So if they are include Cypher in the movie, I hope he's just one of the students who aren't gonna join the X-Men missions or just one of the villains.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #425
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Cypher would be cool to have on the "future" team.
Why? Because he can interact with technology?

Seems a bit of a random addition, when they could use someone more well-known. He'd be best kept for a new student at the school in another film.