The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #726
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread will give you all the stuffing you can handle

Punk's winning at TLC anyways, only to drop the title to the Tooth Fairy.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #727
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I watched The Shield's interview with Cole on youtube and almost tuned in this week but after scanning the last few pages I'm glad I didn't, and am I right in thinking they have turned Miz face?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #728
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Punk's winning at TLC anyways, only to drop the title to the Tooth Fairy.
Even if this happens, I wish they didn't really keep Punk at such a stale place during his title run where he keeps having to defend against the same people over and over only to make it more obvious what WWE's plan is for Punk.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #729
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #730
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I love how babyface Miz is even more obnoxious than heel Miz.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #731
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Exclusive: Former IC Champion Gets Drunk, Claims Jerry Lawler's Heart Attack Was A Work

by Chris Cash
December 03, 2012

Former WWE(F) Intercontinental Champion, Honky Tonk Man (Roy Farris), acted out in a drunken stupor during the Blizzard Brawl after-party on Saturday night/early Sunday morning, WrestleZone was told, and goaded Brian Christopher Lawler into a confrontation as a result. One source told me that the situation got so heated and personal, it was a shock things didn't turn physical.

Honky Tonk Man is the first cousin of Jerry "The King" Lawer, as their moms were sisters, and of course, Brian is Jerry's son.

I was told that Honky started bad-mouthing Jerry excessively to Brian during the after-party, claiming that Lawler's recent heart attack was either a work, or at the very least, sensationalized and exploited by WWE for publicity and ratings purposes.

I contacted Brian Lawler and he confirmed the story. He said Honky was claiming it must have been a work because no doctor would allow Jerry to eat steak and eggs just a few days after a heart attack.

"I flew to Montreal and was there with my father just nine hours after the heart attack, so I know it was very real and wasn't a work," Brian told WrestleZone.

Another source told me that Honky was screaming at the top of his lungs during the confrontation and kept saying to Brian, "Your father is a piece of *****", over and over. This prompted Brian to start throwing popcorn in Honky's face before a couple of spectators finally convinced Brian to leave the room.

One source told me, "The old Brian Lawler would have tried to kill Honky for saying those things about his father, but Lawler just walked away this time."

To make an embarrassing situation even more embarrassing, several eye witnesses later saw Honky Tonk Man peeing on the floor of the same meeting area where the whole incident took place.

He was then caught passed out at a table in the breakfast area of the hotel before finally catching a shuttle to the airport.

It was a very bizarre situation and the several people I've talked to today all agreed that Honky Tonk Man was out of line and being very disrespectful toward Jerry and Brian.

I have reached out to Honky Tonk Man for a response, but have not received one at the time of this writing.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2647...s-jerry-lawler

Former WWE Writer Talks About Unwritten Airplane Rules, Vince's Sense Of Humor

by Bill Pritchard
December 03, 2012

PWTorch.com posted the following information about former WWE writer, John Carle, appearing on their PWTorch Livecast interview segment. Carle talked about the unwritten rules for flying with Vince McMahon, his sense of humor, and more:
On a specific 'prank' Vince pulled after a writer fell asleep:
"Funniest thing I ever saw on the plane - there is always the rule that if Vince is not sleeping on the plane, then you do not sleep on the plane. Again, unsaid, unwritten rule and Vince will never ever tell you that, but if you fall asleep on the plane, someone is going to mess with you,"

"One of the directors - I will withhold his name - fell asleep on the plane and Vince started taking the cashews and throwing them at him. Like, one or two at a time, and there was no reaction. He was out cold and not waking up from this.

"Then, Vince just said screw it and took the entire tin of cashews, threw it at this director, and they go all over the plane. All of us don't know if this is awkward or if we should just break out laughing at this point. To this director's credit, because he had been in the company long enough to know when take his lumps and when to pick his fights, he opened his eyes, looked around, saw the nuts all over the place, and said, 'Um, Vince, I think you dropped your nuts.' And then it was a big laugh for everyone. He knew how to handle the situation and that's why this guy is one of the survivors in the company because he played that part perfect. Vince got his laugh and got to throw stuff at him, then it wasn't a fight that came out of it, just people letting off steam."

You can listen to the interview at the following link. (Credit to PWTorch for the transcription)

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2648...sense-of-humor

Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #732
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

I swear if Cena beats Ziggler for the Briefcase at TLC I give up

Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #733
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
What would be nice is if the WHC match opens the show big show wins, sheamus beats, him ziggler cashes in to prevent himself from losing his case. So instead they make the ladder match for the title instead of the case. 3 WHC matches in one night.

Instead we are going to get AJ interfering and costing cena the match

Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #734
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
The WWE is not stupid enough to do that.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #735
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The WWE is not stupid enough to do that.
You say that but remember they were stupid enough to give him the red briefcase

Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #736
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

I just can't get a picture of Honky stumbling around drunk and Brian just idly tosses popcorn in his face.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #737
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A cute blonde at my work did the same thing this past week. I say they both look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Who's Chris Benoit?

Sadly , this will be an honest reaction from little jimmy in the next few years.

Not a great RAW , but I liked the exchange between Miz and CM Punk.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #738
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

You know, CM Punk VS The Miz would have been a much more interesting December PPV match for me than CM Punk VS Ryback for the 3rd time in a row.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #739
Big Green
Side-Kick

This makes my neck hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK-TiPt33TU

Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #740
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
Congrats on being the only Ryback fan in this thread. I can't stand him, his stupid one-liners are terrible. I almost vomited when the crowd started chanting "feed me more" everytime the shield showed up.

I just don't see him being a long-term thing in the WWE, but they will beat him to death, till he gets over.
I still suspect that the ascension of Ryback is an elaborate prank being pulled on me by WWE.

I mean, it seems like only yesterday when Ryback was struggling to get over squashing jobbers on TV. I clearly remember watching those early segments and not getting it, wondering if it was some kind of rib. You know when they'd have the hilariously overblown buildup of people in the locker room gathering round the monitor round the back to watch, then during and after the match they'd almost be making fun of Ryback's extreme jobber-squashing powers, kinda undercutting his credibility. The guy seemed less legit in his squashes than BRODUS CLAY, who had been repackaged as the Funkasaurus around the same time. His segments seemed like good toilet breaks, but nothing more than that. The crowd were either silent or chanted "GOLDBERG!" at him. He seemed destined to be another failed prospect that would be shuffled back to developmental after enduring dead air in his segments for a while longer.

Then suddenly, seemingly with zero transition, he went to challenging CM Punk for the WWE Title. And suddenly he was being pushed very hard, constantly, and everyone was making out what a huge deal he was, this time without their tongues in their cheeks. And worst of all, fans suddenly started REACTING to him. I went to a live show in Glasgow, and there were Ryback T-shirts everywhere, the crowd were screaming "FEED...ME...MORE!" all night. Do we really hate Cena that much that we'll go google-eyed over someone with a fraction of his talent being shoehorned into the top spot just because he's someone different?

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #741
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
You know, CM Punk VS The Miz would have been a much more interesting December PPV match for me than CM Punk VS Ryback for the 3rd time in a row.

It was a decent match at the 2011 TLC ppv when they had a triple threat with Punk , Miz , and Del Rio.

Ryback has a simple gimmick. I can see why people are enjoying that. I'll never be into his character because of this promo though ...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Please don't let him talk
and his catchphrase reminds me of these annoying commercials
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
That made me cringe. He's lucky that didn't do more damage.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #742
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Sheamus with the Father Ted reference.

Oh look another Divas match ending in a stupid roll up

Heyman and Punk dropping some knowledge on the mic

Brad Maddox is like a douchebag James Marsden.

I'm going to read that Heyman and Gurrerro as sexual tension

I don't know how its possible but Miz is even more of a jerk as a face than he was as a heel

It would of been great if the Shield reveald t-shirts saying they were Paul

Heyman guys or Brock Lensar comes out to help them at TLC

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #743
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I watched The Shield's interview with Cole on youtube and almost tuned in this week but after scanning the last few pages I'm glad I didn't, and am I right in thinking they have turned Miz face?
Yes, and he's already becoming cringeworthy with his pandering to the crowd, sorry I meant 'WWE Universe'.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #744
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
I wouldn't see the point in letting that happen unless Vince amended the MITB contract to apply to both world titles rather than just the WHC.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #745
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Sheamus with the Father Ted reference.

Oh look another Divas match ending in a stupid roll up

Heyman and Punk dropping some knowledge on the mic

Brad Maddox is like a douchebag James Marsden.

I'm going to read that Heyman and Gurrerro as sexual tension

I don't know how its possible but Miz is even more of a jerk as a face than he was as a heel

It would of been great if the Shield reveald t-shirts saying they were Paul

Heyman guys or Brock Lensar comes out to help them at TLC
He got Father Ted trending on Twitter last night, lol.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #746
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Doubt it will happen. If he were to win it, Cena would only be able to go for the WHC, and the want him going for the Mattel belt. Then again this is Cena and his writers, so I wouldn't put it past them for the stipulation on which title he can go for change for him. Still believe Ziggler will go over though.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #747
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Yes, and he's already becoming cringeworthy with his pandering to the crowd, sorry I meant 'WWE Universe'.
Wow that's a new low for creative, I don't recall a worse collection of top faces in the history of WWE.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #748
Big Green
Side-Kick

The things I hate about Ryback:

His matches never seem to flow very well, his moves just don't do it for me. (the Lou Thez press into throwing the opponents head on the mat, it just never looks good)

The only times he ever seems to take damage in a match is at the PPV's, every person he fights is a scared B**** in the ring.

His promos/entrance is terrible, at least give him some pyrotechnics.

He's an amalgamation of past superstars who did his gimmick better.

Cena for as much as I dislike his character, can at least put on an entertaining match. How long can they play out this "unstoppable" gimmick?

I fear that the WWE is gonna feed him Lesnar at some point, and that will be when I give up completely. At least I don't have to worry about him beating a Rock or Austin.

I had a good dream that Undertaker beats him in a casket match, and I never have to see Skip-Back ever again.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #749
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
He got Father Ted trending on Twitter last night, lol.
Then he needs to pair up with another British wrestler to do this song:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #750
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Sheamus with the Father Ted reference
What did he say?

Last edited by nite-owl; 12-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Closed Thread