The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #776
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

So what version did everyone get or plan to get? I got the Broken Cowl edition and I am pretty happy with it. It looks cool next to my bat pod edition of DK. Watching the special features now and will watch the movie later on tonight. I am kinda bummed about not getting the dark knight reborn documentary though. For those that have it, is it any good? Is there a lot of new footage?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #777
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Ok, so where can i get themost bang for my buck?

Target ,best buy, etc etc

R.I.P. Heath
Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #778
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
So what version did everyone get or plan to get? I got the Broken Cowl edition and I am pretty happy with it. It looks cool next to my bat pod edition of DK. Watching the special features now and will watch the movie later on tonight. I am kinda bummed about not getting the dark knight reborn documentary though. For those that have it, is it any good? Is there a lot of new footage?
I got the Best Buy version too but I'm at work but what I've read in this thread it's mostly 35 minutes of some stuff that has been previously been on both BB and TDK with little bits of TDRK thrown in.

Even if it's a short documentary I'm still psyched in whatching this, cool.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #779
cjjr72984
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Wow the steelcase looks amazing in person. Really happy I got this instead of the regular old Bluray.
Agreed. Wishing I would've gotten the Steelbook for BB and TDK now

Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #780
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Like the steelbook since have other two movies steelbook, but if you can't get the broken cowl get the digibook.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #781
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
Agreed. Wishing I would've gotten the Steelbook for BB and TDK now
They're 9.99 at best buy a piece, I bought them for $20, sold my old bluray copies to a friend for $10.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #782
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Only new stuff on it is for rises and was shorter than I had hoped but a big fan of the behind the scenes so it was worth it.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #783
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Just got my s***! Gonna watch it next year.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #784
Indy1Jones
The Batfleck

My brother and I got the Bluray trilogy edition.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #785
LeroyTheGreat38
Side-Kick

I'm gonna get the regular Blu Ray and hold off until the collector's edition next year. I wish the Blu Ray trilogy collection had the same cover as the DVD one, then I would have bought that.

And I'm gonna give it to em
You'll see...I'll show ya
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #786
Figs
Banned User

I'm calling ********. Since when did preordering an item online count as the in store copies? Usually the online copies are separate and you can still go in the actual store to get their other copies.

I checked both Walmart and BestBuy right when they opened and they said the broken cowl version was already sold out.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #787
JaD
Thriller Night

My steelbook from Best Buy should be coming in on Friday, still in Ohio according to tracking *shifty eyes* Oh well, though. I'm patient.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #788
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I literally called every single retailer in my town and every one of them is sold out of the broken cowl edition, and I have to wait supposedly until the 8th to receive my steel book in the mail, I am one unhappy bat-fan.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #789
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I literally called every single retailer in my town and every one of them is sold out of the broken cowl edition, and I have to wait supposedly until the 8th to receive my steel book in the mail, I am one unhappy bat-fan.

Same here. Amazon really dropped the ball this time. They're usually good at mailing out your orders in time for the release date but for some dumb reason they aren't putting it out until the 7th.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #790
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Got it in the mail. Watched it. I liked it just a bit better than I remembered, especially the first act, and I can definitely see why some people consider it their favorite.

Fantastic transfer for the most part. Only criticism is that Bane's voice hurt my TV's speakers every time he was on screen.

Free Original Music
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #791
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Same here. Amazon really dropped the ball this time. They're usually good at mailing out your orders in time for the release date but for some dumb reason they aren't putting it out until the 7th.
Same with mine. I ordered it more than a month ago and it hasn't even shipped yet.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #792
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Same with mine. I ordered it more than a month ago and it hasn't even shipped yet.
How annoying.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #793
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Just got the sad news, walmart.com canceled my bat cowl order. They said they oversold them. THIS SUXXXXXXXXXXX

anybody willing to sell me their bat cowl edition from walmart store since it was only $25.. I"ll pay 45 including shipping. ship it cheapest way possible if you want to NJ. PM me if your serious cause I am.

Last edited by litobirdy; 12-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #794
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Odd, I got a email today from Amazon saying my copy will be here by friday, 8 P.M..
Not sure why you guys' orders haven't shipped yet.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #795
Citadel30
Local Boob

Got the only bat cowl edition in my Walmart. GOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #796
TheBlur
Side-Kick

They canceled mine too!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #797
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadel30 View Post
Got the only bat cowl edition in my Walmart. GOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

this late in the day?

Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #798
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

The trilogy box set sold out quick at my Target. By 1pm, it was gone.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #799
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Can't believe the broken cowl was only 30 bucks! The Blu Ray looks great. The best looking footage I've ever seen on Blu Ray.

Woah. I can't believe I own The Dark Knight Rises. I own it. Amost two years of following this movie. Every article. Every pic. Now I have it. Time....where does it go?

Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #800
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I got the only bat cowl edition at my local FYE as soon as they opened this morning. Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart didn't have any in my area. I guess this cowl edition really is limited as most stores ( if they got any) only got one or two. According to the sticker on the box I have, there are only 35,000 cowl editions out there in the world. I have No. 15,443

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 12-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Closed Thread