Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #926
jacobed
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
He was falls off a building, holding Rachel and crashes into a Taxi, walks away without a scratch. He drops a couple feet after tackling Harvey, injures his leg.
Couple of feet? It was minimum the second story of a building, falling straight down, no cape. He didnt fully get his cape out when with Rachel but he was able to keep half deploying it to slow their momentum enough to make the impact non consquential.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #927
Nathan

Ok, so it was higher, but the other scene is still ridiculous. Two people falling off a building, with a half assed opened cape, for the last 2-3 seconds, reduces their momentum to the point they walk away without injury?

Old 12-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #928
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
He managed to open his cape with the Rachel incident whereas at the end with Harvey he couldn't.
Right because he was holding unto a piece of the ledge while holding Gordon's son in his other arm long enough for Gordon to reach and pull his son to safety. Also keep in mind that Batman had already endured much damage to his body from his battle with The Joker who released dogs on him, beat him with a metal pipe, stabbed him a few times with a knife, Then had him pined down against a guillotine . Two-Face then shot Batman. With all the pain Bruce experienced that night it was clear he didn't have enough strength to protect himself from the fall.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #929
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Right because he was holding unto a piece of the ledge while holding Gordon's son in his other arm long enough for Gordon to reach and pull his son to safety. Also keep in mind that Batman had already endured much damage to his body from his battle with The Joker who released dogs on him, beat him with a metal pipe, stabbed him a few times with a knife, Then had him pined down against a guillotine . Two-Face then shot Batman. With all the pain Bruce experienced that night it was clear he didn't have enough strength to protect himself from the fall.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #930
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I'm still amazed at how many people take all of this for granted. I always liked that at the end of the film he was so battered that he could barely speak.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #931
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Fun with the timeline
  • 8 years before before Bruce is sent to the Pit -> Batman's last sighting & outing/injured Bruce begins*; Gordon's "I believed in Harvey Dent" speech
  • 3 years before before Bruce is sent to the Pit -> Pavel publishes weaponized fusion reaction research paper. Bruce confines himself to Wayne Manor after stopping the fusion reactor project that Miranda helped fund
  • 2 years before Bruce is sent to the Pit -> Wayne Foundation stops funding orphan boys homes
  • 6 months before Bruce is sent to the Pit -> Bane abducts and fakes the death of Pavel
  • 5 months before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Pavel turns the fusion reactor into the nuclear bomb after Miranda and Lucius authorize the reactor
  • 23 days before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Captain Jones meets with Lucius and Miranda; the special forces men are hung and Bruce watches on TV in the Pit before making one last unsuccessful attempt to climb out before making a successful one
  • 1 day before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Bruce reveals himself to be in alive and back in Gotham to Selina Kyle
  • 18 hours before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Gordon discusses finding the bomb truck and freaks out when Foley doesn't show up to the meeting
  • 12 hours before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Bruce meets with Lucius and Miranda as Selina Kyle arrives to free Bruce and Lucius
  • 45 minutes before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Batman gives Selina the Batpod
  • 11 minutes before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Time left when Talia figures out her signal to detonate the bomb has been blocked by Gordon
  • 1 minute 57 seconds before the nuclear bomb goes off -> Batman hooks the bomb up to the Bat
  • 6 months before Lucius meets with engineers to talk about the Bat -> the Bat's autopilot is fixed by Bruce

* Injured in the fall following Dent's fall at the end of TDK

Got all that? I doubt many did the first time through.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #932
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Seems right at first glance, I need to rewatch the film, I'm waiting until I can go to pick up a Blu Ray copy at Best Buy. I did a similar exercise not to long ago: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=89

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #933
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
I'm still amazed at how many people take all of this for granted. I always liked that at the end of the film he was so battered that he could barely speak.
Plus when he's running from the cops to the Batpod during the final scenes, he's clearly limping and hunched over, leaning against some of the large storage crates.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #934
uros3d

So guys I got this video montage from TDKR I made recently and I want to share it with you. Where should I post it? Is this thread appropriate?

Been lurking here a while

Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #935
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uros3d View Post
So guys I got this video montage from TDKR I made recently and I want to share it with you. Where should I post it? Is this thread appropriate?

Been lurking here a while
go for it...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #936
uros3d

Well, here it is:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

A short montage of my favorite bit from the movie. Just Bane owning Batman... I was very thrilled when I watched this in cinema for the first time, especially the "back massage".

The background music is from the official soundtrack, just thought it would add more to the badassness of Bane.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #937
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

It's funny how people dig on this film not having a "Gotham City citizen" pov of the events, but when Nolan does those things in TDK (Harvey Conference, Ferrys) & Begins (WE attendent, street folk) they hate on those characters.

We can't have our cake and eat it to.

I loved when those normal people chimed in, I sort of wish we saw more of that in Rises.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #938
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Talking about that, I made a blog called "The Best Incidental Characters of The Dark Knight Trilogy". I picked my top ten favorites and made little bios about them, accompanied with images and gifs. It is in spanish, but check it out, just for the chuckles.

The Best Incidental Characters of The Dark Knight Trilogy

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #939
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Anyone sort of blown away by the Imax footage? TDK Imax scenes looked great, but this one is of an even higher quality. The 35mm footage looks good too; a vast improvement over TDK's butchered 35mm scenes. But the Imax footage is up there with Baraka and Avatar: REFERENCE QUALITY.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #940
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

I have GOT to see a movie in Imax. Seriously, I don't know how I haven't yet.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #941
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

It looks great. It's fun to look in the background to see weird crap going on or reaction shots.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #942
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I don't know what I enjoy most; the Fredricks or Crispus Allen cameos?

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #943
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
I have GOT to see a movie in Imax. Seriously, I don't know how I haven't yet.
Make sure you pick one like TDKR that was filmed with IMAX cameras. Don't pick one that has simply been "blown up" to fit the IMAX screen.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #944
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
I don't know what I enjoy most; the Fredricks or Crispus Allen cameos?
Crispus Allen, imo, simply because we already see Fredericks in BB.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #945
Bane Cook
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Anyone sort of blown away by the Imax footage? TDK Imax scenes looked great, but this one is of an even higher quality. The 35mm footage looks good too; a vast improvement over TDK's butchered 35mm scenes. But the Imax footage is up there with Baraka and Avatar: REFERENCE QUALITY.
How was it butchered? Just curious. This is the first time I've heard of this

Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #946
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
It's funny how people dig on this film not having a "Gotham City citizen" pov of the events, but when Nolan does those things in TDK (Harvey Conference, Ferrys) & Begins (WE attendent, street folk) they hate on those characters.

We can't have our cake and eat it to.

I loved when those normal people chimed in, I sort of wish we saw more of that in Rises.
Spot on, actually.

I feel like the Gothamite POV was more in line with TDK and the Joker's reign of chaos, as TDKR was more Bruce's story. I never once thought that putting that in this one would make it better or anything.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.

Last edited by TheDarkKnight08; 12-04-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #947
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

A movie where the villain's plan was about a revolution with the people of Gotham. Where Batman comes back after 8 years. Where the Harvey Dent lie is exposed.

The Gotham POV was most important of all for TDKR.

- The Joker
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #948
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
A movie where the villain's plan was about a revolution with the people of Gotham. Where Batman comes back after 8 years. Where the Harvey Dent lie is exposed.

Most important? Not creating an ending for Bruce's story?

Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #949
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

I'm not going to argue. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been included, I'm just saying I felt TDKR was more Bruce's story.

I just personally feel that they would've been repeating themselves on certain aspects, seeing how Gothamites react, having them argue about what to do, etc., just like in TDK. TDK was seriously lacking in focusing on Bruce, so I liked this one a lot better for that.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #950
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Cook View Post
How was it butchered? Just curious. This is the first time I've heard of this
They transferred from an Imax source which meant the 35mm scenes were blown up, resulting in lots and lots of unwanted artifacts as well as Edge Enhancement and Digital Noise Reduction. The Blu-ray transfer retained all of that producing an underwhelming picture for the non-Imax scenes. This time around I think they rectified their mistakes and transferred the Imax and 35mm sources separately.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Closed Thread