The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #826
Robin91939
Master Tim

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Yeah, I've been married for two years now.

The child's my stepdaughter, though. I met her mom when she was like 4 months old.

Oh my how the times have changed since joining the Hype!...

Congrats, man.

-R

Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #827
souvlaki
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Out of all the special features the Batmobile featurette was the one I was the least interested in but after watching all the special features it's my favorite part of the bonus disc.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #828
Saint
The Devil's Robot

I was interested to hear Nolan confirm in the Bruce Wayne featurette that his leg was injured in the fall at the end of TDK; I always thought that was the case.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #829
OneKnight
Brutally honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
I got the two-disc Wal-Mart DVD. I love it.

Webhead731,

Can you tell me what the extras are on this Wal-Mart one?

I've been looking all over with no luck on its specs.

I heard it has the same extras as the Blu-ray.

Thanks.

"I'm all for giving Cavill a chance."

Last edited by OneKnight; 12-04-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #830
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Got the Steelbook. Pretty annoying about the no "play all" for the special features. But other than that I'm good. I went straight for the making of stuff. I just love how much this crew loved to do this. There's an attachment to this work that you don't usually see on these big "Hollywood" movies. I appreciate the thought and hard work they put into this. Watching the Batmobile doc now. Will probably fall asleep to TDKR...

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #831
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Where can I download the second screen app for my iphone?

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #832
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
It's to download the Batman Reborn Documentary.
the same one thats on the disc?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #833
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I have two copies of the movie on Blu-ray.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #834
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Where can I download the second screen app for my iphone?
It's called The Dark Knight Rises FX on iTunes.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #835
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Cool beans, got it already.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #836
Bluesummers
Side-Kick

Bah, I really should have been following this more closely. I guess no Cowl edition for me. :/

Bah, whatever. As long as I get a version with similar features.

R.I.P., original Prologue....... :( I hardly knew thee.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #837
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
the same one thats on the disc?
Yes the same one.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #838
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Yes the same one.
Thanks. Thats weird. I had read it wasnt going to be on disc but was surprised to see it in the menu. I wondered if the code was for something different

Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #839
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Just watched most of the special features. Very satisfied with them this time. Nice balance of technical and story/character. And I have to say, the Batmobile doc was awesome. Really glad it was included.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. Feels like Christmas came early. This is perhaps the best looking Blu-ray that's ever graced my TV. They really did this film justice with the transfer. If Begins was earthy and murky and TDK was icy and stark, TDKR is lush and even vibrant at times. Beautiful film.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #840
Bluesummers
Side-Kick

So this is probably asked already, but does TDKR DVD have the theater prologue or original prologue?

R.I.P., original Prologue....... :( I hardly knew thee.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #841
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Theater.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #842
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Just watched most of the special features. Very satisfied with them this time. Nice balance of technical and story/character. And I have to say, the Batmobile doc was awesome. Really glad it was included.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. Feels like Christmas came early. This is perhaps the best looking Blu-ray that's ever graced my TV. They really did this film justice with the transfer. If Begins was earthy and murky and TDK was icy and stark, TDKR is lush and even vibrant at times. Beautiful film.
It really is. The transfer is breathtaking.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #843
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I just saw it twice today and damn it's good, I still got goosebumps leading up to when Batman first shows up.

It's probably not important but I noticed the DVD version of the movie is shown in 2.41 aspect ratio so for those who were curious it doesn't show the IMAX scenes in full.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #844
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Upon watching the Special features..

My respect for the crew which was already high goes up even higher..some of those shots (specially of the bat) which I could have sworn were done digitally were in fact done using practical means... I know Nolan likes to keep it real as much as possible, but some of the things they did for this film is great..

again much respect and thanks for not taking the quick "easy" route.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #845
vanson
Side-Kick

does anyone know if there will be a BD-Live event like with TDK ?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #846
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

So for whatever reason it seems like the 2 disc DVD version is only available at wall mart. I really like the cover on this edition, being an orange version of the original teaser poster.

Does anyone know what all features are included here? I know the batmobile featurette and the Ending The Knight video are included, anything else?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #847
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

First thing I did upon buying the blu-ray? Ripping it on to my computer so that I can watch a damn-good quality version anywhere I go (screw you ultra-violet). Coming it at 37.59 GB (and that's only the video track + 5.1 digital surround + english subs), definitely worth the 25 minutes it took to rip and the hardrive space. I should do this with BB and TDK too. The digital quality of TDK is SD.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #848
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMo View Post
Bear with me, it's a bit lengthy, but important to know:

so get this. i bought the BLU RAY steel book at best buy, popped it in, took a while to load and played it. Played fine, right? Then i hit the STOP button on my control to take a break. later, without taking it out, i hit PLAY, then... the loading disc logo started to flash. something was wrong. i opened the dvd, checked out the disc, it was fine, put it back in, loading disc did not flash, but took even longer to load. Then... the menu showed and... NO TITLES. i couldnt see where to hit play, audio, scene selection, nada. i could still go to these desired areas, but i could not see them. i did however see HALF of some of the titles, you know, the text was cut off. i even managed to go to scene selection and ONLY one chapter image showed up. i went back to return it. got a new one. repaet all steps and... SAME F***** thing!! is it possible for this to happened twice?? my brother thinks there will be a recall, but i need to hear from others on this board to know if it's just me or a lot. let us know.
The bluray has some weird new version of the AACS encryption. I realised this when I tried to drag and drop the MT2S file straight from the disc, and the file wouldn't play (I had to do an extensive rip).

Update the firmware on your bluray player and you should be fine.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #849
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

I was surprised how heartfelt the Batmobile documentary turned out to be. No matter how silly this stuff is on some levels, on a few occasions, it can actually resonate to people on a deep level. It's why this character endures, why he's great.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 12-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #850
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Was not aware that Jeff Dunham owned the batmobile...bastard.
In the batmobile documentary I see the people just going gaga over the cars and just think...yeah i'd be the exact same way.

the best i've managed was the fake batmobile at Magic Mountain.

Closed Thread