The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #676
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
This is the Internet. You're supposed to call him a moron, accuse him of being adopted, and then say how wrong his opinion is.

Do I have to write these posts myself?
Sorry man, it's not in my nature. Besides cherokeesam makes some valid points, I just see it a little differently is all.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #677
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Thanks for setting a good example Surfer. The interwebs needs more of this.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #678
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Thanks for setting a good example Surfer. The interwebs needs more of this.
I appreciate the praise, but it's not necessary as I find most people on this site generally tend to be respectful and cordial towards one another. So, I am merely one of many who would act the same, but thank you all the same for the kind words.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #679
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Well, if it means anything to anybody I just like setting no example for anyone at all in these boards.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #680
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
nah i think its way too early for posters...most posters come with a teaser like IM3 so expect it by early March 2013 or with IM3 release...
I don't think so. I mean a simple teaser poster don't take much to make (and SOMETIMES not much talent ) and Teasers can be out for several months, sometimes years before a movie.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #681
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
So who's on your short list?
heh on MINE 13 dwarves and a Hobbit.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #682
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I'd kill to see the wrecking g crew in a Thor movie. Lol

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #683
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
cherokeesam, I am not a young kid. I am in my 40's and I do remember Thor battling many of the characters you have listed on multiple occassions, but to me that still does not necessarilly translate to the popularity of the character or what I would define as the reason for a character being considered an "A" list, "B" list or "C" list character. However, I think this topic is somewhat subjective so I am in no way saying you are wrong, only that my interpretation of it is different then yours.

Surfer
Understood; I was just saying that the nature of Thor's rogues' gallery changed significantly from the four-color superhero era into a darker (and ultimately more popular) high fantasy era. I strongly doubt most of Thor's Silver Age earth-based villains would go over well with modern audiences at all --- can't see anybody these days getting excited about watching Goldilocks duke it out with a Frenchman who can turn people to stone.

Although I will say I gained a whole lotta respect for Carl "Crusher" Creel in his alternate form in the Earth-X/Universe-X miniseries. Anybody who laughs at the concept of Absorbing Man needs to check that out....Creel is probably the toughest mofo the Avengers ever faced (at least in an alternate universe).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #684
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Understood; I was just saying that the nature of Thor's rogues' gallery changed significantly from the four-color superhero era into a darker (and ultimately more popular) high fantasy era. I strongly doubt most of Thor's Silver Age earth-based villains would go over well with modern audiences at all --- can't see anybody these days getting excited about watching Goldilocks duke it out with a Frenchman who can turn people to stone.

Although I will say I gained a whole lotta respect for Carl "Crusher" Creel in his alternate form in the Earth-X/Universe-X miniseries. Anybody who laughs at the concept of Absorbing Man needs to check that out....Creel is probably the toughest mofo the Avengers ever faced (at least in an alternate universe).
I agree with you 100% regarding the changes to the Thor comics and the directions it's taken through the years, and I feel these changes are a reflection of the times. I mean Thor first appeared in 1962 and man first walked on the moon in 1969. To many that was the moment where space travel and exploration seemed obtainable. Now I am not saying Marvel (at that moment) completely abandoned ship with their more earth bound Villians in the Thor Comics, but I am sure over time they could see the increasing popularity of bringing in stories related to space, Asgard and the other 9 realms, and therefore choose to do so.

As for the Absorbing Man, I have always liked him well enough as a Villian in the comics, so no problems there for me. Although, I will have to check out his Alternate version in the Earth X Universe, as I am unfamiliar.

Surfer

Old 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #685
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Well, you could hold Kevin Feige hostage and force him to put them in a movie.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #686
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Masters of Evil would be amazing. Especially Enchantress.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #687
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post

I've been hoping for the Wrecking Crew as well. I think they could be a lot of fun.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #688
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I've been hoping for the Wrecking Crew as well. I think they could be a lot of fun.
They'd have to have some serious costume revamps. Lol
A group of construction dudes with enchanted abilities is an awesome idea.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #689
steintym
Stay Frosty

Their costumes would look awesome in live action.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #690
elizah72
Side-Kick

I just found a listing of a "Tv Reporter" at Stonehenge for "Thursday Mourning" directed by Alan Taylor, so sounds like that scene takes place on Earth modern day times.

See this link

http://unitedagents.co.uk/sam-swainsbury

PS: In case you didn't know, Thursday Mourning = Thor The Dark World

Last edited by elizah72; 12-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #691
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Yes, seeing The Wrecker on screen would be brilliant.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #692
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I just found a listing of a "Tv Reporter" at Stonehenge for "Thursday Mourning" directed by Alan Taylor, so sounds like that scene takes place on Earth modern day times.

See this link

Nice find elizah72.

Surfer

Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #693
BoredGuy
Killing Time

They could pull off something like, Thor and Loki (or malekith or enchantress or it doesnt matter) are battling on earth when said villain possesses a nearby group of contsruction workers and has them fight Thor for him.

But I suppose that would seriously piss off the wrecking crew fans out there

But c'mon enchanted crowbars and s**t? might be tough to fit into these movies, at least
IDK, I'm sure someone smarter than myself could find a good way to use them

Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #694
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:

See this link

Great find! I'm surprised there haven't been much on the Stonehenge shoot.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #695
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Great find! I'm surprised there haven't been much on the Stonehenge shoot.
Thanks!

yeah I've looked, there is certainly not much about it leaked. I just happened to look again today because we were discussing the locations some in the Plots thread and then I came upon the actors' listing.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #696
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

See this link

I think the "Celtic Musicians" listed in the cast are part of that scene, too. I'm envisioning a typical modern-day Druidic shindig, reported on by local media, where the surprised wannabe New Age types find out that they've somehow summoned some REAL magic to Earth (i.e., Malekith).

Or maybe they're there to try to "summon" Thor back to Earth after the events of the Avengers. He's bound to have picked up a fanclub after The Battle of New York, right?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #697
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
They could pull off something like, Thor and Loki (or malekith or enchantress or it doesnt matter) are battling on earth when said villain possesses a nearby group of contsruction workers and has them fight Thor for him.

But I suppose that would seriously piss off the wrecking crew fans out there

But c'mon enchanted crowbars and s**t? might be tough to fit into these movies, at least
IDK, I'm sure someone smarter than myself could find a good way to use them
...why would Wrecking Crew fans be pissed off by that scenario...? That's exactly how they were created --- Loki was in NYC, and cast a spell on a bunch of construction workers to turn them into super-sized muscle to battle Thor.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #698
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
...why would Wrecking Crew fans be pissed off by that scenario...? That's exactly how they were created --- Loki was in NYC, and cast a spell on a bunch of construction workers to turn them into super-sized muscle to battle Thor.
He means it would be like add a Wrecking Crew rip off instead of having the actually Wrecking Crew (character bio back story and all) that fans know and love. Think about Superman 3. There was an evil Superman clone and an evil Supercomputer. The clone wasn't Bizarro and the Super Computer wasn't Brainiac. Doing that ended up killing any chance of actually adding the real Bizarro and Brainiac and pissed off there respective fan bases. Doing stuff like that makes you go why didn't they just use the original characters instead of making up counterfeits.

Evil Superman Clone
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Evil Supercomputer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-05-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #699
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Masters of Evil would be amazing. Especially Enchantress.
You damn right

Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #700
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the "Celtic Musicians" listed in the cast are part of that scene, too. I'm envisioning a typical modern-day Druidic shindig, reported on by local media, where the surprised wannabe New Age types find out that they've somehow summoned some REAL magic to Earth (i.e., Malekith).

Or maybe they're there to try to "summon" Thor back to Earth after the events of the Avengers. He's bound to have picked up a fanclub after The Battle of New York, right?
I'm actually wondering if it'll be a scene like at the end of Avengers where tv reporter is covering whatever has happened on Earth and it's effect, and we see people returning to some of the "old ways" and worshipping Thor. That probably won't go over well with a few other major religions though. LOL

Closed Thread