The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #876
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
Interesting that you point out the Hive...it's not a studio picture- it's produced by WWE films (the wrestling company) and it has a budget of $13 million. Sony has distributing rights but there's no guarantee this will be a theatrically released film; in fact, I would be willing to bet it will be a direct to DVD/VOD release like Dark Tide.

I'm in no way claiming that Famke has the same level of celebrity as Halle, but Halle has been firmly on the B-list for yrs. I mean, she is an African American woman (not saying this should be a disadvantage, but it is), in her late forties with 6 flops/disappointments in a row. She's so over it's not even funny!
I think you may have missed my point.

I believe your original post stated that it was unlikely for Halle to come back as she had a string of flops and had not appeared in a successful film since X3 whereas others like Famke had. I and someone else (don't remember) countered the argument by emphasising that halle had a bigger name (and probably makes more money) than Famke and therefore would be a good enough reason to justify her return along with Famke.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #877
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Id like one of these two options:

1. Storm and Kitty
2. Storm and Rogue

add Wolverine and another male x-man, and perfect team for the sequel.
I'd be content with Wolverine, Storm and Bishop.

I've never been a fan of Shadowcat and Rogue was depowered.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #878
Filmboy
Banned User

I'm fine with Storm not returning.

She was never really a huge or important character in the three x men movies. The story never revolves around her.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #879
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd like an alternative future Rouge, who is more like her comic character.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #880
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I think you may have missed my point.

I believe your original post stated that it was unlikely for Halle to come back as she had a string of flops and had not appeared in a successful film since X3 whereas others like Famke had. I and someone else (don't remember) countered the argument by emphasising that halle had a bigger name (and probably makes more money) than Famke and therefore would be a good enough reason to justify her return along with Famke.
meh, I don't even know why we are debating this lol. Let's just leave it at that. Maybe neither Famke nor Halle will come back!

I'm starting to think that it may be wishful thinking on my part to think that Famke even has a chance at returning. I will be happy if the Wolverine cameo pans out.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #881
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

1. Storm and Kitty
2. Storm and Rogue

I like option 2. Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, and I'd go with Iceman as the other male.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #882
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

But the characterization of Angel, Iceman and Rouge make me want to fall asleep

Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #883
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
But the characterization of Angel, Iceman and Rouge make me want to fall asleep
Their character development weren't great. But I think all of them had good scenes and moments.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #884
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe Iceman and Rouge...

The ones I really want back are Nightcrawler and Kitty.

Last edited by Hawkingbird; 12-05-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #885
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
meh, I don't even know why we are debating this lol. Let's just leave it at that. Maybe neither Famke nor Halle will come back!

I'm starting to think that it may be wishful thinking on my part to think that Famke even has a chance at returning. I will be happy if the Wolverine cameo pans out.
I agree. i guess we're just debating this because we really don't have a lot to discuss when it comes to the actors from the original trilogy. hopefully we'll be getting interviews from the confirmed first class actors soon.

Quote:

1. Storm and Kitty
2. Storm and Rogue

I'd be fine with either but I guess that it will more likely be option 2

Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #886
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
would be amazing to watch those two together on the big screen.

It reminds me a bit of X-men Evolution. their powers together would look pretty great on a big action sequence. and their looks too, a blue demon with a small/cute girl. Such a good contrast.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #887
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Maybe Iceman and Rouge...

Its weird that you found the characterization for Iceman and Rogue boring, then you want Shadowcat to comeback. For me, she was like a random addition to the cast of X3. I don't think there was an anticipation for her character after X2 was released. Her cameo roles in X1/X2 aren't great. Everybody wanted Colossus in X3 and even though I was a bit disappointed with his role in X3, I felt like he earned his place on the movie. But Shadowcat? Her main role in the movie was to make Rogue jealous and I found Ellen Page completely forced.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #888
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its weird that you found the characterization for Iceman and Rogue boring, then you want Shadowcat to comeback. For me, she was like a random addition to the cast of X3. I don't think there was an anticipation for her character after X2 was released. Her cameo roles in X1/X2 aren't great. Everybody wanted Colossus in X3 and even though I was a bit disappointed with his role in X3, I felt like he earned his place on the movie. But Shadowcat? Her main role in the movie was to make Rogue jealous and I found Ellen Page completely forced.
I agree with this too. But I would add that Kitty was indirectly mentioned at the end of X2 (as the mutant who got hold of those incriminating documents on Stryker that were presented to the president) and so it might be a natural progression to introduce her in X3. However, she just randomly appeared. We didn't see her being welcomed to the X-Men and getting her uniform. Rogue and Iceman suddenly had uniforms too, when they were told in X2 it wouldn't be for a few years.

Colossus could have been better used in X3. He was only there to throw Wolverine in the 'fastball special' - once at the Sentinel, once at Magneto. And somehow the shiny steel armour looked a bit cheap!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #889
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I didnt like how the movie already started with Colossus and Kitty with uniforms.

I know many fans like that intro, with a nod to DOFP. But I love other type of storytelling.

about Rogue and Iceman with uniforms at the end of X2, it could be seem forced, but at the same time, I think Charles realized at some point that he really needs a bigger team, and Rogue and Bobby were some of the older students, so it was kind of a logical move by Charles.

Colossus could have been there perfectly too, but I guess Bryan didnt want to put many characters as x-men on that scene.

would have been pretty epic, tho.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #890
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I agree with this too. But I would add that Kitty was indirectly mentioned at the end of X2 (as the mutant who got hold of those incriminating documents on Stryker that were presented to the president) and so it might be a natural progression to introduce her in X3. However, she just randomly appeared. We didn't see her being welcomed to the X-Men and getting her uniform. Rogue and Iceman suddenly had uniforms too, when they were told in X2 it wouldn't be for a few years.

Colossus could have been better used in X3. He was only there to throw Wolverine in the 'fastball special' - once at the Sentinel, once at Magneto. And somehow the shiny steel armour looked a bit cheap!
If Bryan Singer directed X3, I think Colossus would probably get a bigger role and more lines! He'd be like Iceman in X2. And yes his steel form did look cheap because it was just an armor, they didn't have to use visual efforts when he was already wearing his steel prop.

About Rogue and Iceman getting an uniform, I think that line from Wolverine was a hint that they would eventually get a X-Men uniform in the movie and what Wolverine said was just a small joke. They didn't get to fight with anyone but I feel like compare to the other X-students, they stood out, they escaped the X-mansion with Wolverine, they were at Alkali Lake, they used their powers for the right reason and they wanted to get a X-Men uniform. So they definitely earned their X-Men uniform or their "X-Men" status at the end of X2.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #891
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I actually do agree with you, I didn't like Kitty in X3. However, Ellen Page is talented and I'm sure they could make more of her. Whereas with Rouge, as talented as the actress was, the character was well setup by the third film, and so she can't really be changed.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #892
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
I thought the actor of Colossus was so wooden, as was Ice Man, Angel and Rouge
But I agree, Ellen Page.
I didn't mind the actor...as little acting as there was...I'm just a big fan of the Colossus/Kitty characters in general.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #893
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fox is building its own Marvel-style superhero universe with X-Men, marrying the actors from the first trilogy of movies to the stars of 2011's reboot in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past.

But assembling such an expansive cast could prove a heroic dealmaking task. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen already are set to reprise their roles of Professor X and Magneto, respectively, while Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to return as Wolverine in the new movie, set for release July 18, 2014. (Jackman also will star in a second stand-alone Wolverine movie next summer.) But Halle Berry, James Marsden and other original X-Men are not yet confirmed to come back for a story that will straddle the 1960s setting established in 2011's X-Men: First Class and the future of the original trilogy, where mutants are a hunted minority.

First Class stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult are locked into the sequel, which is eyeing an April production start, possibly in Canada. Those actors had sequel options in their original deals (a fact that became a headache for Lawrence, who had to negotiate scheduling of The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire).

By contrast, new deals must be struck with the original trilogy stars, though insiders say negotiations haven't been overly complex. For one, Jackman and the others will appear mostly in scenes depicting an alternate dystopic future, so pay and time commitments are not substantial. Second, there is a great deal of goodwill on the part of the actors to return, thanks mostly to the involvement of Bryan Singer, who directed the first two installments of the original trilogy and was a producer on First Class. Singer stepped in to direct Days of Future Past when First Class helmer Matthew Vaughn backed away for mysterious reasons.

Vaughn and Simon Kinberg developed the script based on the classic 1981 comic book Uncanny X-Men. Fox and the producers were working on attracting actors to return when Singer took the helm, giving that effort a major boost. In casting the 2000 original, Singer gave Jackman his breakout role and provided major career boosts for Stewart and McKellen.

Says a source close to the dealmaking, "There is a lot of willingness to participate because of Bryan."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...en-hugh-397995

Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #894
Angamb
Banned User

interesting short article. but would have loved to read other actor being rumored.

Maybe next week

Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #895
JP
Flame On

Interesting to note how little THR says the commitment is needed. Wouldn't be surprised if all the returning actors are all on set for a few days-a couple of weeks tops.

If McKellen shot X2 in 2 weeks, he'd probably be able to shoot DoFP in a manner of days.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #896
Angamb
Banned User

not sure how much their source knows.

but if that's the case, the past will be the lead, as many fans wants.

lets see if they confirm all the actors from FC then

Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #897
BMM
Side-Kick

I don't think anything in the article indicates the past cast will be the lead.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #898
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
If McKellen shot X2 in 2 weeks, he'd probably be able to shoot DoFP in a manner of days.
Wow, thats insane that they shot all his stuff in two weeks. He had quite alot of screen time and some set pieces. I would have guessed at least a month. Cant wait to see what happens when they actually give the filmmakers a bit more time with this flick.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #899
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I don't think anything in the article indicates the past cast will be the lead.
Well, it's kind of hard to tell DoFP without the past being the lead. Especially when the adaptation of DoFP happens to be a First Class sequel.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #900
BMM
Side-Kick

My bad. I misinterpreted "past being the lead" as the past trilogy cast being the lead.

Closed Thread