The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #226
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Default Re: Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

Well, Venom looked great and the Sandman special fx were pretty good, other than that, I seriously don't find anything good about the movie

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #227
Aracno_8000
Dreamer Newbie

Default Re: Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The American flag being shown was only epic in the first movie after 9/11, imo.

Plus, not all the major characters were there. Imo, Gwen Stacy should've been there in some way as well.

*looks around to see no one agreeing*

I'll give you this though. James Franco's Harry Osborn was one of the shining moments throughout the trilogy.
Well, you are right for what regards the flag after 9/11...i was talking about the third movie because the thread says to find positive things on that movie
in my opinion, raimi failed in organizing gwen stacy's role...so i don't think she was someone that should have been there...
to me, peter and harry fighting together it's special.

Aracno_8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #228
OcStat
Side-Kick

Spider-Man and New Goblin fighting side by side was indeed awesome.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #229
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #230
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I always think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters when I see giant Sandman, with his idiotic grunts and groans and roars.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #231
OcStat
Side-Kick

It's not like the Sandman has never done that in the comic books. After seeing the worst bits of film the trilogy has to offer, the big fight at least ends it on a high note. The bad characterization of Sandman and Venom, Mary Jane being kidnapped again, and the JJJ comedic relief aside, its just a cool fight scene.

Damn.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #232
OcStat
Side-Kick

I mean, of all the things to groan about in SM3, in the "Post things you Like" thread no less, you gotta rag on the action? The one thing the film gets right?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #233
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So you can look past bad characterization if a fight looks cool? Lol.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #234
OcStat
Side-Kick

I can look past a lot of things when we are discussing positive things about a film in a thread created just for that purpose.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #235
OcStat
Side-Kick

I can look past a lot of things when we are discussing positive things about a film in a thread created just for that purpose.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #236
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
So you can look past bad characterization if a fight looks cool? Lol.
Well, the thread is about finding positive things about the movie. If you watched the fights out of context, then they are all really cool IMO (except the final battle).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #237
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Well, the thread is about finding positive things about the movie. If you watched the fights out of context, then they are all really cool IMO (except the final battle).
Lol.

Love how we're arguing about the final battle as you say that in parenthesis to really prove my point that nothing really saves the final battle

Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #238
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
It's not like the Sandman has never done that in the comic books.
He did it in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon too, but it was well executed there. I think the problem with SM3, or at least that's the feeling I had, is that he was Sandmonster more than he was Sandman. Right in the first battle, which happened so quick, he became that giant pile of sand, groaned, attacked the cops and flew away.

In the cartoon, that came after some defeats. There, Sandman becoming a giant creature felt like a last resort. He needed something big to save everyone from the burning oil tank. It wasn't arbitraty like in the movie.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #239
OcStat
Side-Kick

Well really, in the movie it came after some defeats also. He got his grainy behind handed to him twice at normal size.

I liked Sandman's reveal in this fight. After getting a run for his money by Brock, Spider-Man tries to get his bearings while the whole ground moves beneath him. His Spider-Sense must've been giving him a migraine. I thought that bit in particular was pretty neat.

But to each their own.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #240
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

I really love the final fight.It kinda reminds me of the old Marvel Team-up comics where Spidey would team up with some other hero to stop some city smashing menace.Old school goodness.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #241
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Lol.

Love how we're arguing about the final battle as you say that in parenthesis to really prove my point that nothing really saves the final battle
First of all, I didn't realize you were talking specifically about the final battle, just the fights in general.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #242
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
I think Eddie's dialogue could've been better, but I very much loved Eddie looking up as the symbiote just fell on him, transforming him into Venom as he lunges at the camera. Was really a spectacular scene.
Quote:

I loved both birth scenes. Sandman was very emotional, Venom was just dark but also fun!
Something that I thought would have made the Venom transformation better was if the symbiote came down, you saw it wrapping around him, then he falls into a shaded area where you can't see him. All you hear is Eddie scream while he's transforming. Then all you hear is a mean growl. Then he lunges toward the camera. Similar concept, but more freaky if you can't see what's going on.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #243
Picard Sisko

Every time I see your avatar, NewYorkSpider, I get the chills. The governor is such an incredible character in The Walking Dead.

Anyways, back on topic. I also loved when Peter says, "hate those things!" as Harry throws a bunch of razor bats at him.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #244
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Every time I see your avatar, NewYorkSpider, I get the chills. The governor is such an incredible character in The Walking Dead.

Quote:
Anyways, back on topic. I also loved when Peter says, "hate those things!" as Harry throws a bunch of razor bats at him.
What I loved about that fight, is the fact that Peter wasn't in costume. I've always looked at it as Peter vs Harry and not Peter vs New Goblin.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #245
Picard Sisko

I agree. But for the second fight, it should have been Symbiote Spider-Man vs. New Goblin. No emo Peter vs. Harry.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #246
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I always think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters when I see giant Sandman, with his idiotic grunts and groans and roars.
I didn't expect to see that Marshmallow monster to be in the Ghostbusters game, it was a blast to fight

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #247
Picard Sisko

If sandman transformed back into his normal shape/figure, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. He literally just stands there to look intimidating, but he does nothing. After Venom dies, he comes back as his "normal" self just to finally tell Peter about his Uncle.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #248
Victarion
Cut

If you judge it as a Goblin costume, Harry's costume failed spectacularly. On its own, it looks pretty cool.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #249
Picard Sisko

I think they gave Harry the costume they did because they wanted to stray away from the costume in SM1.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #250
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Spider-Man VS New Goblin stopmotion with 1/6 scale Hot Toys figures.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=jWqaXw0Vb48

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote