The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Actors deserving a second chance?

Is there an actor who you didn't like in a particular comic book movie but feel might have been better for a different one? I've often wondered if George Clooney could have pulled off Nick Fury.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
DarKush
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,622
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Interesting question:

Ryan Reynolds: Liked him as Deadpool, was meh on him as Green Lantern. Instead of Hal Jordan, I wish he had been cast as Wally West in a Flash movie.

Parker Posey: Didn't like her in either Blade Trinity or Superman Returns. Though she might've made a better Lois Lane than Kate Bosworth did.

James Marsden: I thought he was okay as Cyclops, but after his good turn in Superman Returns, I would've rather seen him as Superman over Brandon Routh.

Kevin Spacey: Though his Lex was inspired casting, until I saw the film. That being said would've liked to see would he could've done with Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2. Sam Rockwell exuded no menace at all in that movie.

Alec Baldwin: I thought his Shadow was okay,but I would've liked to see what he could've done as either Batman or Two-Face in one of the later 90's Batman films.

Tommy Lee Jones: Horrible as Two-Face, but due to the comics, I would like to see him as Norman Osborn for the new round of films. (I really did like Willem Dafoe in the Maguire films).

Ciaran Hinds: Completely wasted in Ghost Rider 2. Would've liked to see him as Justin Hammer too.

Idris Elba: Wasted in Ghost Rider 2, would like to see him as Black Panther, Bronze Tiger, or somebody headlining a superhero film.

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20,888
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKush View Post
Ryan Reynolds: Liked him as Deadpool, was meh on him as Green Lantern. Instead of Hal Jordan, I wish he had been cast as Wally West in a Flash movie.
This is the very first thought I had when I read the thread title. I totally agree. I think the Green Lantern role should have went to Bradley Cooper. He would have been a much better Hal Jordan.

__________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,428
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

I like Eric Bana as Banner and wouldn't had any objections against him taking the role again after Norton left.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKush View Post

Alec Baldwin: I thought his Shadow was okay,but I would've liked to see what he could've done as either Batman or Two-Face in one of the later 90's Batman films.
.
We somewhat saw that in a comedic way in 30 rock where he became The Tuxedo

Neil Patrick Harris has done voice acting as Nightwing and Spidey, but i'ld love to see him play a live action Flash

Tim Roth whilst good as the Abomination, i would love to see him as someone like The Vulture

Ild like to see Dominic Cooper as a young cocky Dr Strange rather than Howard Stark

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
This is the very first thought I had when I read the thread title. I totally agree. I think the Green Lantern role should have went to Bradley Cooper. He would have been a much better Hal Jordan.
Ditto.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick
 
Doctor Octopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,329
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Ryan Reynolds deserves another go at Hal Jordan.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,484
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
Ryan Reynolds deserves another go at Hal Jordan.
Ditto

I'd like to see Kevin Spacey as Luthor again,only in a better movie.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
We somewhat saw that in a comedic way in 30 rock where he became The Tuxedo
And The Shadow is still the best portrayal of Bruce Wayne onscreen.

__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
ShredderX
Side-Kick
 
ShredderX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery/Atlanta
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Billy Zane was alright as The Phantom, But I always thought he would've made a good Lex Luthor.

Would like to see Dolph Lundgren as the Punisher again, with a better script and the actual Skull shirt.

Chris Helmsworth is great as Thor, but I would rather see him take a shot at being He-Man

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #11
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Ryan Reynolds in a better scripted Green Lantern and Kevin Spacey as a Lex Luthor who's not interested in real estate scams but genuine world domination! May be ask Spacey to read Lex Luthor: Man of Steel to get a take on his mentality!

Wesley Snipes as Blade?

Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross?

Ethan Hunt's team from MI:3.

__________________
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
aNarcHy2day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
Captain Wonder
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 290
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Elizabeth Hurley in the Wonder Woman pilot ... I think with a good script she could have been excellent as Circe or Barbara Minerva/Cheetah

Captain Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

I never saw the pilot.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
Ryan Reynolds deserves another go at Hal Jordan.
This

He was a great Hal Jordon in an awful Green Lantern film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #15
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano
 
PSYLENTGuardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Specific Rim
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

I second Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. He sold the role for me, but it's unfortunate that his performance ultimately didn't save the movie. He needs a movie with solid filmmakers on board.

__________________
"Soon, everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in my world.
A world without power. Without mercy. A world without Spider-Man.
They will see me for who I truly am. I'm Electro."

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
And The Shadow is still the best portrayal of Bruce Wayne onscreen.
Man I love that movie

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,334
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKush View Post
Interesting question:

Ryan Reynolds: Liked him as Deadpool, was meh on him as Green Lantern. Instead of Hal Jordan, I wish he had been cast as Wally West in a Flash movie.

Parker Posey: Didn't like her in either Blade Trinity or Superman Returns. Though she might've made a better Lois Lane than Kate Bosworth did.

James Marsden: I thought he was okay as Cyclops, but after his good turn in Superman Returns, I would've rather seen him as Superman over Brandon Routh.

Kevin Spacey: Though his Lex was inspired casting, until I saw the film. That being said would've liked to see would he could've done with Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2. Sam Rockwell exuded no menace at all in that movie.

Alec Baldwin: I thought his Shadow was okay,but I would've liked to see what he could've done as either Batman or Two-Face in one of the later 90's Batman films.

Tommy Lee Jones: Horrible as Two-Face, but due to the comics, I would like to see him as Norman Osborn for the new round of films. (I really did like Willem Dafoe in the Maguire films).

Ciaran Hinds: Completely wasted in Ghost Rider 2. Would've liked to see him as Justin Hammer too.

Idris Elba: Wasted in Ghost Rider 2, would like to see him as Black Panther, Bronze Tiger, or somebody headlining a superhero film.

Agree with most of these, Idris Elba in particular. Such a talented actor who's been criminally overlooked in Hollywood(although when he's accepting roles in movies like Obsessed, he's as much to blame as anybody else.)

Otherwise, they need to get the Deadpool movie off the ground; I've been holding my breath for that since XO:W.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

I wanted Elba as BP for a long time; now my hopes are dimming.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #19
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,011
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I like Eric Bana as Banner and wouldn't had any objections against him taking the role again after Norton left.

I like him as an actor but I never thought he was right for Banner. But he could probably pull off a role like Hawkeye or Hal Jordan quite well.

__________________
You know, it occurs to me that Captain America is basically the superhero equivalent of Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way and all that stuff.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 818
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

I also have to say that when I heard Reynolds was cast as Green Lantern my first thought was "Why is he not in a Flash movie instead?"

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,678
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Mark Strong deserves the chance to reprise his role as Sinestro

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
I also have to say that when I heard Reynolds was cast as Green Lantern my first thought was "Why is he not in a Flash movie instead?"
You and about a million others-me included.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: Actors deserving a second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Mark Strong deserves the chance to reprise his role as Sinestro
More than anyone mentioned here.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.