Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #126
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Those lines might sounded a little cheesey but I think they were good lines especially "never again" and "mutant and proud".

And don't forget Bryan's X1 had a questionable line too and it was "do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by a lightning" from Storm.
The reason I can't stand them isn't because they are cheesy, it's because they were stolen. I can't stand "buzzwords," which is what they are. "Never again" is a slogan for chrissake. Same thing with "don't ask don't tell" and anything with pride in it, they have political connotations now. I understand that the x-men are supposed to have parallels with minority rights, but please, keep them as parellels. Don't take stuff that's already used. Using buzzwords is just cheap writing. It's my biggest complaint about FC, it is filled with half-baked, pseudo social parellels, and instead of actually exhibiting them, it just talks about them.

Singer used parallels to gay rights also. But he didn't do it in a cheap way, like saying mutant pride and don't ask don't tell, again political buzzwords. He depicted it by having a scene where Bobby "comes out" to his parents. That's what I would rather see in a movie.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #127
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I agree completely. But for some reason, Patrick has gone all defensive about it. And that's the only reason I can think of. That's partly because I've noticed Fox can be a bit over the top and officious at times, making websites take down pictures and script reviews and stuff that is actually promoting a project. Sometimes they need to actually look at the effect of what has been written/said - a lot of the time it's positive and beneficial.
Hmmm it's pretty standard for the studio to control release of information. The studio has a specific marketing/pr plan and the release of casting info ties into that so it should be Fox that decides when info is released (it's their product after all).

There's no reason an actor should take it upon himself to decide when casting announcements should be made and generally only bigger stars make these gaffes because they know they won't be replaced. You'll almost never see a mid level star or no namer make that kind of mistake because they're nervous about breaking their non-disclosure agreements.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #128
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
Hmmm it's pretty standard for the studio to control release of information. The studio has a specific marketing/pr plan and the release of casting info ties into that so it should be Fox that decides when info is released (it's their product after all).

There's no reason an actor should take it upon himself to decide when casting announcements should be made and generally only bigger stars make these gaffes because they know they won't be replaced. You'll almost never see a mid level star or no namer make that kind of mistake because they're nervous about breaking their non-disclosure agreements.
Indeed, but Patrick Stewart's response to questions was a bit OTT, especially when Bryan Singer had already said on Twitter he was on board and Patrick himself had blurted all that stuff out at a convention previously.

Patrick could have said in this latest interview: "I can't really comment, except to say Twentieth Century Fox and Bryan Singer have been in touch, so we'll have to see." Instead he went rambling on about not knowing anything, it was like going too far in the other direction.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #129
HowardStark
Banned User

Do we know if they are Keeping Jones as Emma Frost or are they going to recast her. She was my only casting compliant.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #130
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardStark View Post
Do we know if they are Keeping Jones as Emma Frost or are they going to recast her. She was my only casting compliant.
No. We don't know.

Singer only mentioned: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult.

Then it emerged that Hugh Jackman was in talks.

That's it. So far. No other actors confirmed as being on board, or in talks or negotiations, or any other permutation of any form of involvement.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #131
Angamb
Banned User

I highly doubt Singer recast anyone from FC. and either from original trilogy.

Emma, Moira and co. werent cameos, so would be really shocking to see Bryan recasting any of those roles.

Any franchise needs continuity at least on the actors, so lets leave that negative idea out of this franchise from now please

Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #132
Project862006
Banned User

from HR
Quote:
By contrast, new deals must be struck with the original trilogy stars, though insiders say negotiations haven't been overly complex. For one, Jackman and the others will appear mostly in scenes depicting an alternate dystopic future, so pay and time commitments are not substantial. Second, there is a great deal of goodwill on the part of the actors to return, thanks mostly to the involvement of Bryan Singer, who directed the first two installments of the original trilogy and was a producer on First Class. Singer stepped in to direct Days of Future Past when First Class helmer Matthew Vaughn backed away for mysterious reasons.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #133
Angamb
Banned User

I liked that part.

I hope now of a sudden Logan doesnt become the time traveler. please no, Bryan.

This is not another Wolverine and his friends movie.

fingers crossed for a x-girl travelling back.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #134
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

hopefully this means a more white haired & battered Logan taking on Sentinels

Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #135
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

But wouldn't it actually take a looooong time for Wolverine to go white haired?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #136
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
But wouldn't it actually take a looooong time for Wolverine to go white haired?
Yes it would. Since he is over 100 now but seems to have 'stuck' at about the age of 40, it might be a while before he is grey/white haired. He could look just a little older/rougher in the future setting though.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #137
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Stress can cause white hair as well. A dystopian future seems stressful to me. Just sayin.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #138
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardStark View Post
I hope they keep her!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #139
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Indeed, but Patrick Stewart's response to questions was a bit OTT, especially when Bryan Singer had already said on Twitter he was on board and Patrick himself had blurted all that stuff out at a convention previously.

Patrick could have said in this latest interview: "I can't really comment, except to say Twentieth Century Fox and Bryan Singer have been in touch, so we'll have to see." Instead he went rambling on about not knowing anything, it was like going too far in the other direction.
That's really the frustrating thing about this film right now. We were getting really positive news, the revelation of the adaptation of a beloved storyline from the comics, "No leather uniforms" reveal, the return of the now-high profile cast of FC, and the announcement of the return of the two master thesps of what arguably made the trilogy great. Heck even the replacement of Vaughn with Singer was met with much praise (I'm all for it, I just didn't think most other ppl did too. Certainly not fanbiys from a certain site we're not allowed to mention)

Now with Stewart playing coy about his involvement, we're seeing the good publicity the film was getting into a negative one. I hope they fix this ASAP!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #140
Genosha
Mutant Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
And I said, the two leads were cast by Vaughn, not Singer. Not sure if Singer or Vaughn hired the rest of the cast but none of them particularly stood out to movie.
I remember when First Class started production there were interviews with Bryan early on. And I'm pretty sure he mentioned how casting was going and what the audition process was like. He seemed very hands on with casting.
So I'm not totally positive that Bryan wasn't involved with who ended up in the roles.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #141
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosha View Post
I remember when First Class started production there were interviews with Bryan early on. And I'm pretty sure he mentioned how casting was going and what the audition process was like. He seemed very hands on with casting.
So I'm not totally positive that Bryan wasn't involved with who ended up in the roles.
Like I said, it's possible Bryan was in charge of everyone else. But McAvoy and Fassbender were strictly Vaughn. He picked McAvoy first and then auditioned a bunch of Magnetos with him. In an interview I read, the second after he saw the screentest with Fassbender, he ran to one of the co-script writers, played the tape, and said, "JUST LOOK AT THEM".

The other actors beyond Charles' and Erik's aren't really standout, but I do know Vaughn was behind Flemming as Azazel. The actor is is "lucky charm". I'd be curious to know who picked Lawrence.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #142
Project862006
Banned User

mckellan says bryan may use 48p and 3d with dofp due to how much he loved the hobbit just speculation atm
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #143
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
mckellan says bryan may use 48p and 3d with dofp due to how much he loved the hobbit just speculation atm
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
really???? thats sounds promising. Hope its true

now, let me watch the video

Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #144
Nathan

Yeah, sounds promising. Except for the 3D part.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #145
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I don't mind the 3D

Sidenote:I love Ian McKellan! He is seroiusly one of my favorite actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #146
Angamb
Banned User

Id love this movie to be the first 3D x-men sequel.

We need that extra money to get the biggest x-men movie to date. So Fox will put even more money on future sequels and maybe continue with both casts on two separate series.

oh, and we need an Interviews Official Thread.

Anyone wants to create it?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #147
def28
Side-Kick

Meh, I undesrtand the financial side of things but I def wont be seeing this flick in 3D.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #148
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I wouldn't waste my money on 3D.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #149
Angamb
Banned User

Ill watch it in 2D.

and if the critics praise the 3D, I'd watch it a second time on 3D.

I really hope Fox releases this movie on IMAX and 3D. They should make this the biggest x-men movie ever.

This franchise deserves it. Specially for future sequels.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #150
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The only film since the 3-d crazy started I have seen In 3-d was the Avengers.This year I opotied for 2-d for Underworld awakening and the Amazing Spider-Man.I won't be shocked
If Bryan opts for 3-d for DOFP.

Closed Thread