The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #351
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

I love the cast in this sequel, and im stoked for Electro. But i have a feeling it's going to be another super cliche villain. If he's just an electrician who is underappreciated then gets some powers and BAM he takes out his anger on people until Spider-Man stops him....it sounds incredibly predictable. Im sure the writers can come up with some better twists hopefully. But even if it goes down that route, i should just be happy that im getting Electro and not another repeat villain. Or someone like Vulture.

If they link him up to Norman in a cool way...that would be something id like to see. I just hope they dont use him as just a transitional enemy for Spider-Man to take care of while he walks through his personal life with Gwen. (and seeing MJ and digging into the Oscorp/Parent stuff). You know..just buying time so they can build up the Green Goblin.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #352
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

WallCrawler, I love the sound of that

Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #353
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
that direction could work

It would be cool if he worked for Norman and after he has his accident, which was half Norman's fault, he goes after him (basically like a combination of Doc Ock's and Vulture's story from TSSM) and Peter tries to protect the father of his new friend
Yeah that could work. And that could motivate Norman to take the serum which turns him into the Goblin? Although he knows he is curing himself, he would probably be aware of the fact that he could possibly gain powers as well.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #354
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Possibly

Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #355
AF3619
WOOO!

What about Norman testing the formula first on Harry?, while Peter thinks is Harry then Norman takes it and becomes the true green goblin.

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #356
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zece View Post
Maybe Max will be a great electrician, but not appreciated by anyone. That makes him mad, and after he gets the powers... you know
I've been thinking that maybe Oscorp is working on something and needs Max to looks over something electrical. Then something goes wrong and he becomes Electro and takes his rage out on NYC.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #357
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
James Horner actually said in the "behind the score" that "The action stuff is gonna take care of it self, but the part that is really important are the in between bits, the more quiet emotional parts"

No Horner, you can't think like that! In a score there are no less important parts, and quite frankly, the action stuff and the Lizard theme are the lacking parts of the score, so his way of thinking does show through
As good as the School fight is,the backgroud score during it was terrible

Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #358
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You know what would be cool though? If Electro starts to lash out at the people who kept him down, with Norman being one of his victims and Spider-Man is forced to rescue the person who'd eventually become his Nemesis.
Thats a good idea.The Irony would be priceless.
Saving a man who killed his parents and will later kill his Girl friend

Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #359
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
As good as the School fight is,the backgroud score during it was terrible
I don't think it was terrible at all. It was one of my few favorite pieces of the soundtrack actually. I love the music as soon as Spider-Man jumps out of the room and pulls down the ceiling lights with his webbing. Also, when he is webbing up Lizard like a Spider.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #360
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
im sure this has been discussed but do you think Foxx will give "Heath Ledger as Joker" performance? I mean i can tell the guy has talent, he got an oscar for Ray right? lol
He could very well give one hell of a performance that will be remembered. I don't think however that he'll be able to reach that "Heath Ledger as Joker" status.

First of all, Joker is to most people the best CB villain ever made. So when an actor plays that specific role so greatly, it's no wonder he gets as much appreciation as he's gotten.

Secondly, as cold as this sounds, Jamie Foxx would have to die as Heath did to become this "legend".

Third, Electro just isn't that kind of villain. I can see him get ranked among CBM villains such as Loki, but not Joker.

The only Spidey villains that can would be Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Kraven (with Kraven's Last Hunt). Maybe it's narrow minded of me and I'd gladly be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I know weird isnt it? I want it to be well written and thoughtfully conceived but somewhat campy. Granted, i was pretty tired last night when that occurred to me. But i stand by it. I dont want Electro to be TOO far grounded in reality. Idk. I cant explain it.
I see what you mean now and it's not as dumb as I first felt it was. It maybe would be a bit weird to have Electro in a plan that is TDK deep. I still don't think so but maybe.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #361
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

We'll have to see how they want Electro portrayed basically. Foxx can do pathos, if you've seen Ray, Collateral and The Soloist so I don't doubt it.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #362
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

Seriously, I don't want every character from Mark's trilogy to be connected to Oscorp/Norman. For example, look at the DK trilogy, Bane and Ra's were connected to LOS, but Joker wasn't. If they go with Electro as a second villain such as Harvey in TDK, and GG as Joker, I'd like him to be connected to Oscorp, and then give us Kraven in ASM3.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #363
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I really don't want Electro to have a vendetta against Norman. I'd want that kind of story to be used with Scorpion in a future film, because that feels more like his kind of thing.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #364
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Ten bucks says he will have electricity burns on his face in the shape of lightning bolts that resemble the lightning bolts on the cowl of his classic yellow and green outfit.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #365
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Such burns would feel so random however without the history of the mask

Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #366
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I want Electro to be a bad guy, or at least don't give him any redemption in the end. I'm sick of this.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #367
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I'm sure Electro will be ruthless. He basicaly gets treated like crap, when he gets these powers he lashes out with them.
He doesnt want everyone to turn into Electric people or whatver...

Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #368
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Electrolings

Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #369
Picard Sisko

Electro is definitely connected to Oscorp somehow. Also kind of makes sense that a place like Oscorp would be the place where these villains could come from, considering the advanced technology and experiments that go on there. But it would be nice to get just one villain that isn't from Oscorp.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #370
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I liked the idea that Norman started to create super villains, to distract Spider-Man, in the cartoon. I wouldn't mind if they do something similar in the Movies. But I do agree that there should be villains that didn't originate from Oscorp.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #371
Picard Sisko

Marc did describe Oscorp as the Tower of Babel, so with that idea in mind, its pretty cool that this is where the trilogy will revolve around.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #372
Arrowhead
Webhead

From DeviantArt...pretty badass

Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #373
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Like a crown,because the power makes him feel like a king.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #374
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnhart View Post
From DeviantArt...pretty badass

I like this alot.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #375
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ehh, I'm not a fan of the crown.

A guy like Thor can't wear his helmet at all, but Electro can wear something that resembles a crown while he's ****ing up NYC?

Closed Thread