The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #301
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Default Re: Creepypasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #302
Piper Maru
Rides Again

bump for christmas!!!

Piper Maru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #303
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Christmas

I could never sleep well in hotels. I guess that’s somewhat of an understatement, I could never sleep well in general, but hotels were the worst. Just the thought that the previous occupant of this bed is a complete stranger was repulsive in my mind, but that’s beside the point.What I’m getting at is how this lack of sleep in hotels changed my life. Christmas, we’re spending Christmas in a ****** hotel and not with family, great. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I didn’t enjoy the all you can eat buffet of soggy hash browns and grits for Christmas Eve dinner.

Of course the first snow of the season had to cancel our flight down to Virginia. Now it’s Christmas Eve and I’m trying to sleep in this bleach saturated room; my minds wandering, wondering what happened in here to cause such an excessive amount of bleach needed. The room was nothing out of the ordinary: two beds, one for me and my dad and another for my sister and mom, a bathroom, and a stained microwave that looked in need of a good dusting. Somehow I escaped the room (and stench of bleach) into a dreamless sleep. Waking up, I could tell it was early morning, my dad was next to me snoring and he usually wakes up before 4 am.

That’s when it hit me, it’s Christmas, and I was about to let this bad fortune ruin my favorite holiday. Looking across the bed at the clock to check the time is when I noticed it: The silhouette of a man about 6’3 across the room staring at my mom sleep. Still half asleep and caught up in the moment I couldn’t help thinking of Santa Claus. I realized how stupid the thought was and horror soon filled my head, I choked back a shriek. I knew I couldn’t let him see me awake so I quietly put my head back down pretending to sleep. My mind was racing, someone was in my room and I couldn’t do anything; I’m a scrawny 16 year old, this man looked built like an ox. I wondered if I could wake my dad up in time but I knew that wouldn’t work, he slept like a rock; a bucket of water couldn’t get him up fast enough. I was practically in tears; I’ve never felt so helpless. For a second time I choked back a scream, he was standing next to me, I could feel and hear his repulsive breath on my face; it smelled like he’s been eating rotten meat for a week now with no thought to brush his teeth. If he didn’t know I was awake surely he did now, seeing my face was contorted in fear. The breathing stopped, I couldn’t help the sigh of relief; I would've kicked myself but there was no need, I heard the room door open and close. I launched out of bed, nothing in the room was in disarray and my family was still asleep. That couldn’t have been a dream, I couldn’t have imagined it. Feeling awake as ever a horrible idea popped into my head, before I could push it away I was pulling the door open.

Glancing back to the door in order to memorize the room number I saw the giant spray-painted black ‘X’ on the door. Had I seen this without the prior experience I probably would’ve thought it was just some stupid kids, I knew better, but not enough to know what it was for. My heart skipped a beat, there he was, turning the corner at the end of the hall, ‘Why am I doing this?’ I tailed him down to the parking lot, he was nowhere in sight; one moment he’s walking out the lobby, the next he’s gone. Realizing how cold it is outside in paper-thin pajamas, I returned to the lobby. No one was around, strange; I could swear there’s usually a night concierge.

Adrenaline wearing off I realized how stupid and rash my actions had been, he could have killed me. I cursed myself back up the stairs. I knew something was wrong when I got to my floor. The door to my room was wide open, ‘I hadn’t left it that way, right?’

I walked inside and after a quick search of the room I determined it safe and my family was still asleep. I locked the door and got back into bed though I didn’t sleep for the rest of the night. I listened to my dad get up and eventually my mom followed but I still pretended to sleep. A few hours passed and my parents got me and my sister up, we got into the car, and made our way back to the airport. Digging through my bag to grab my ipod led to the finding of something that hadn’t been in there the previous day.

A note that simply held the five words I still think about to this day, “I knew you were awake.” It’s now been two months since the hotel experience, I’m still scared for my life and it gets worse every day. That note I found wasn’t the only one; I still receive them.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #304
Victarion
Cut

7/10; great build up with so-so resolution.

:scratches back of his head: Hmmm. It's kind of itchy back there.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Victarion; 12-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #305
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

What does the Slender Man do when he catches you, does he offer dieting advice?

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Old 12-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #306
KevanG
Brony

Look up Proxy on youtube. You'll enjoy it.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #307
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
Nobody knows! *Insert suspense music here*
The fear is almost Lovecraftian, fear of the unknown. Though the process of being stalked by him, at least in the videos I have watched, is very scary in a mental way.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #308
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Nobody knows! *Insert suspense music here*
The fear is almost Lovecraftian, fear of the unknown. Though the process of being stalked by him, at least in the videos I have watched, is very scary in a mental way.
Well said! On another note, I'd love to see Guillermo del Toro make a movie about the Slenderman.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #309
Victarion
Cut

Speaking from experience, Slenderman transports you to an old hovel in the middle of an overgrown wood. Half the shed is missing; its hardly visible from the outside due to the weed and brambles threatening to overrun it. You sit inside around a candle trading war stories while giving the woods a thousand-mile stare.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #310
Piper Maru
Rides Again

I suspect that the Slenderman is responsible for my sleep paralysis.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #311
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Slenderman stole my kidney and left me to rot in the cold storage of a Boston Market.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #312
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Slenderman ate my sack lunch and shaved my dog.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #313
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

there was this one time that this kid on my block, jimmy wilkins, went swimming at the beach, after only waiting 12 minutes after eating. so when he got out of the water...Slenderman stuffed sand down his swim trunks. It was horrible.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #314
HighFivingMF
Welp.

1 tiem i got a chainz letter taht said i would die if didnt share but b4 i could my cmptr crashed so sledner man hacked my my[space] n shraed 4 me. thansk sled!

Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #315
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Slenderman stole Christmas!

Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #316
Victarion
Cut

2spooky4me

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #317
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Afraid Of Monsters OST - Hospital Sickness
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

From a mod for Half-Life. Perfect for Creepypasta!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #318
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

15 Most Disturbing Illustrations From "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark."

http://tuneinrockon.wordpress.com/20...l-in-the-dark/

Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #319
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Those Scary Story illustrations used to give me nightmares. Scarier than most horror movies I've seen as an adult. It's a real shame those stories were re-released with new, sanitized illustrations. Those stories would be ho-hum campfire fare without those visceral, disturbing black-and-white pictures. As a 30 year old man it still gives me chills when I look at them.

JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #320
HighFivingMF
Welp.

What do the new drawings look like?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #321
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
What do the new drawings look like?
Generic crapola meant to appease the moral guardians that tried to get the original Stephen Gammell books banned. The new editions aren't worth bothering with.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #322
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Quote:
15 Most Disturbing Illustrations From "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark."

http://tuneinrockon.wordpress.com/20...l-in-the-dark/
I remember Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark! So many memories. That picture of the ghost woman with no eyes get's me every time, though. Yikes!

Last edited by Piper Maru; 12-31-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #323
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Last edited by Piper Maru; 01-12-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: let's keep this thread going!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #324
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Can't wait to see that next week.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #325
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Only after Christmas for Weight Watchers.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote