The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 12-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #251
Franny
Side-Kick

Default Re: Does Race Really Matter?

Started very interesting. Though now has just become a thread for certain individuals with chips on their shoulders to vent their spleens. Enough already. There are many comic characters with a wide range of diverse backgrounds so that everyone is catered for. Superman has always been portrayed a certain way' Cyborg has always been depicted as black. Who gives a hoot! Enough already.

Franny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #252
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

^Who are you?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #253
TheWatcher
Dapper

I think we should just follow the comics.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #254
Franny
Side-Kick

Good idea' this thread will just keep going round in circles.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #255
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Thumbs up Re: Does Race Really Matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
Angela Bassett or Iman would've been perfect as Storm IMO.
You got that right! Those are STILL my top two choices for Storm in the future...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 AM   #256
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Honestly, as a black guy, I don't have much of a problem with just following the comics. The fact of the matter is, more ethnic superheroes need to be created there in the first place, and hopefully they can grow in popularity and catch on with the mainstream. Throughout the 90's, Spawn was almost as popular as any of the flagship characters from either DC or Marvel. More creative characters need to be made like that, and this discussion wouldn't even be necessary.

One small thing I am starting to have a problem with however, is that the majority of these "American" creations, with seemingly American values, are increasingly being portrayed by Brits. The Big 3 superheroes are all being portrayed by Brits. Not to be hypocritical, even if it comes across that way, but until more Americans are allowed to portray James Bond, I don't see why we can't find someone right here to play our heroes...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #257
Franny
Side-Kick

Now' Doc, that's a whole different matter. I'm British and I agree. To me it doesn't seen right that a British actor has been given the role of Superman. Yeah' I know' he's alien, blah blah. It's just there is something quintessentially American about the character. James Bond portrayed by an American likewise would feel odd. This is nothing to do with any actor's abilities. So you're not being hypocritical in my view.
Still say this issue of Race has been a platform for some very bias views.