The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
cyclone
Side-Kick

Default "The Walking Dead" Comic series, created by Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore

WARNING:
If you've not read the books, and are watching the TV show, you may find potential spoilers or events that have happened in the books but NOT the TV show. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Right then, let's get this show on the road!

Issue #100 was crazy, though obviously we're gutted about Glenn but from the first few pages it was obvious it was gonna happen!

Also enjoying Rick's devious plan.... Though, it probably won't work. His plans don't usually go too well!

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" Comic series, created by Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore

Negan's more of a scumbag in 4 issues than The Governor was in his entire arc. Bravo.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" Comic series, created by Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore

I stopped reading during the No Way Out arc because Kirkman not killing Carl off really just ruined the series for me.

you should kill yourself. -- Detective Rusty Chole

I Believe In The Ghost of Drakon

craigdbfan and Hunter Rider are bae

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
lmao welcome to my ignore list.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Damn dude. You really like seeing little kids die huh?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Enough to "ruin the whole series" even.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick

Man, I've read Crossed. TWD doesn't have **** on that!

you should kill yourself. -- Detective Rusty Chole

I Believe In The Ghost of Drakon

craigdbfan and Hunter Rider are bae

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
lmao welcome to my ignore list.
Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

^ Crossed is more graphic, but TWD has the better story.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise

I have recently just caught up to issue 103 by reading it all at once. I am really interested in seeing how Rick's latest plan will work out.

My guess he will hold another meeting letting all the people know his plan that way they can spend the next few months planning and getting ready for the Saviors next visit (Eugene making bullets (maybe bombs)). They ambush and kill all the ones that enter their city that way they reduced the Saviors numbers without having to deal with the whole group. They take the truck under disguise as Saviors and drive it to where Jesus discovers their hideout. Take out the outside guards silently (probably Michonne), plant the truck in a spot close to living quarters with a bomb assembled by Eugene. Set it off and let all hell run loose. Of course this is completely just BS, will probably not happen this way at all, and their plan will most likely not come out they way they want it to.

Two things that stuck out in the past few issues. Them taking all the morphine/oxycontin, etc so this will make them high as a kite and hopefully less dangerous and more easier to take down and second I hope they use some of that alcohol they seem to have in abundant and create some molotov cocktails. They don't do much against the dead but sure will do some damage to the living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
POWdER-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
That Guy
Side-Kick

Is anybody else keeping up with this series?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Now that issue 104 is out, I feel that it is starting to pick back up. Although I feel that Kirkman is trying to create a new version of the Governer with Negan. I find it funny that even Negan admits that Carl creeps him the f**K out.

That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I just read about it. Carl's got himself in deep **** now.

1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

You know, I've been noticing a problem I've been having lately watching the show. I saw the first season of TWD before reading the comics, and loved it. Once it was over, I bought Compendium 1, and every trade avilable up to that point. I've kept up with the whole series from that point on. Problem is, I really miss that feeling of the first season where I didn't know what might be coming, instead opting to b***h and moan when things don't go with how the comics did it. And I kinda hate myself for it.

The comics are better, its a fact, but I admit if I hadn't read them, I probably would have been just like all the people who comic fans tend to dislike for only going on about the show and such. . Hell, it may have made the search for Sophia somewhat suspenseful if I hadn't complained all the way through about how far off and uninteresting it was from the comics. Still, nothing I can do now but try to enjoy the rid ein both media.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
That Guy
Side-Kick

I've had a similar problem. While the comic is obviously better, I've learned to separate the two and appreciate both for different reasons.

That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

edit

1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Last edited by Sawyer; 12-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote