The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #976
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Considering what we've been doing to the recent poster and French Magazine cover, I assume we're going to analyze the trailer frame by frame. I just want to have some fun enjoyment and not overthink this. Although i know I will.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #977
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
Thanks!
I remember jumping off the couch or a chair, never much higher than that though! Good times indeed, sometimes I wish I could turn back time and relive those childhood moments! Wearing a towel on the back as a grown woman now would look really silly!
I have a baby brother who is turning 4, he also loves to jump off furniture but never pretended to be like Superman. He's more into Spiderman because kids nowadays barely know Superman! In the stores all I see is Spiderman, Batman or Avengers merchandise, I rarely see Superman merchandise at all. Hope this changes when MoS comes out! An iconic superhero like Superman deserves a better future!
I agree! Your brother deserves a great superman. I want that for him and every other little kid. And big kids too. People cosplay all the time. Throw on that towel and fly. haha

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #978
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

This film has to be amazing, from what we know and have seen so far I can see nothing short of that.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #979
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I agree! Your brother deserves a great superman. I want that for him and every other little kid. And big kids too. People cosplay all the time. Throw on that towel and fly. haha
I just remembered a funny discussion I had with my baby brother recently, he was playing with his Spiderman toy and I said to him that Superman was way much cooler because he could fly and Spiderman not. He replied something like:
"Spiderman can fly too, with ropes!" (he meant the throwing nets)
I replied:
"Yes, but Superman can fly without ropes and he can fly to space, Spiderman doesn't!"

Haha, it won't be easy but I think I can convert the little one to the Superman fandom!

dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #980
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

I noticed some people have this quoted in there sigs:

"My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?"

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say "out of fear", I think it either says "by fear" or "like fear". If you listen to it there isn't a big enough gap for him to say out of and it doesn't sounds like he says that.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #981
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
I just remembered a funny discussion I had with my baby brother recently, he was playing with his Spiderman toy and I said to him that Superman was way much cooler because he could fly and Spiderman not. He replied something like:
"Spiderman can fly too, with ropes!" (he meant the throwing nets)
I replied:
"Yes, but Superman can fly without ropes and he can fly to space, Spiderman doesn't!"

Haha, it won't be easy but I think I can convert the little one to the Superman fandom!
Haha... that's awesome. I think you'll have a little help when MOS comes out. My cousin, his brother in-law, and I converted his nephew this year. lol without a speck of Superman around for him to see. He's 4 too. He just looks up to the three of us so much and we all are such huge fans he wanted to join the club. That little man is going to love this movie.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #982
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 526
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
This film has to be amazing, from what we know and have seen so far I can see nothing short of that.
Agreed. I can't wait to see more. Luckily, the trailer is right around the corner. The marketing has been slow-paced to say the least but every picture I've seen of Cavil so far exudes confidence. He has the look down, and even without seeing him speak as Supes, I know he'll nail it. After Rouths Superman (looking back, they didn't give him much to say, did they?), I hope they learned Supermans dialog needs to be better. Superhero movies recently are full of great lines and quotable dialog, but I can scarcely remember anything Rouths Superman said, like at all. Except that line "statistically speaking, flying is still the safest mode of travel" or something like that.

TDK elbowstrike is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #983
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Agreed. I can't wait to see more. Luckily, the trailer is right around the corner. The marketing has been slow-paced to say the least but every picture I've seen of Cavil so far exudes confidence. He has the look down, and even without seeing him speak as Supes, I know he'll nail it. After Rouths Superman (looking back, they didn't give him much to say, did they?), I hope they learned Supermans dialog needs to be better. Superhero movies recently are full of great lines and quotable dialog, but I can scarcely remember anything Rouths Superman said, like at all. Except that line "statistically speaking, flying is still the safest mode of travel" or something like that.
And that wasn't even his originally. That was Christopher Reeve who first delivered that line.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #984
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Haha... that's awesome. I think you'll have a little help when MOS comes out. My cousin, his brother in-law, and I converted his nephew this year. lol without a speck of Superman around for him to see. He's 4 too. He just looks up to the three of us so much and we all are such huge fans he wanted to join the club. That little man is going to love this movie.
That's great! I agree, I also think I will get a little help when MoS comes out, especially regarding merchandise.

I haven't properly introduced my brother to the Superman universe because I think he's still too young to watch the TV shows and movies I own, although most of them are family friendly.

I could show him that terrible "Super Pup" pilot but I don't want to terrify the little one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZPXXdLFCQ


dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #985
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MNF 'til 2021
Posts: 17,370
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
That's great! I agree, I also think I will get a little help when MoS comes out, especially regarding merchandise.

I haven't properly introduced my brother to the Superman universe because I think he's still too young to watch the TV shows and movies I own, although most of them are family friendly.

I could show him that terrible "Super Pup" pilot but I don't want to terrify the little one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZPXXdLFCQ

Still looks better in a Superman suit than Dean Cain.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #986
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,136
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Still looks better in a Superman suit than Brandon Routh.
Fixed that for you!

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #987
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

LOL, I loved both Dean Cain and Brandon Routh as Superman so I can't agree with you guys!

I do would say that Super Pup still looks better in the suit than Tom Welling! At least the dog is actually wearing a real costume and not a CGI one like TW did!

dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #988
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MNF 'til 2021
Posts: 17,370
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

LOL, to be fair, as much as I rip Brandon Routh's acting (and ooooohhh is it bad), he looked like Superman to me. His costume wasn't the best, but that's not his fault. Cain though... I hate that guy. He didn't have the look of the character at all and his acting was so phoned in it was laughable.

As for Welling... lol, yeah. He only marginally had the Superman look and if it is true that the CGI Superman we saw in the Smallville finale was the result of him STILL refusing to put on the Superman costume, that's pathetic. It's not like his acting career was going anywhere anyway after the show was finally, mercifully put down like a rabid, three-legged dog.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #989
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 526
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
And that wasn't even his originally. That was Christopher Reeve who first delivered that line.
Oh boy, I forgot about that So Rouths most memorable line as Superman wasn't even his originally. That's pretty sad. Nolans Bat Trilogy, Whedons Avengers, Even Singers X-men films all had memorable quotes, and that's what I want for MOS. Cavils line in the CC trailer, the whole "my father was convinced if the world found out who I really was, they would reject me...out of fear. What do you think?" was a more memorable quote then anything Routh said in the entirety of SR. We need more of this!

TDK elbowstrike is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #990
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,548
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

For the new guys (and many of the old ones too).....check the links in my signature for rules and regulations concerning the Hype. Everything you need to know about avatars, sigs, etc.....

C. Lee is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #991
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
That's great! I agree, I also think I will get a little help when MoS comes out, especially regarding merchandise.

I haven't properly introduced my brother to the Superman universe because I think he's still too young to watch the TV shows and movies I own, although most of them are family friendly.

I could show him that terrible "Super Pup" pilot but I don't want to terrify the little one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZPXXdLFCQ

lol You never know... He might like it. Geez that's scary. Maybe he'd like the old cartoons.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #992
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,926
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I noticed some people have this quoted in there sigs:

"My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?"

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say "out of fear", I think it either says "by fear" or "like fear". If you listen to it there isn't a big enough gap for him to say out of and it doesn't sounds like he says that.
I think he says "out of fear."

by fear or like fear don't even make that much sense, phrase wise.

it's a common expression to say that you reject something out of fear.

edit: just listened to it again. I still think it's out of fear. I just think he say the "of" really fast. so I can see how it can be hard to make out what he says........ maybe if this line is used in the new trailer, or in some kind of official clip, we'll be able to hear it under better audio quality.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #993
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,548
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
That's great! I agree, I also think I will get a little help when MoS comes out, especially regarding merchandise.

I haven't properly introduced my brother to the Superman universe because I think he's still too young to watch the TV shows and movies I own, although most of them are family friendly.
How old is your brother? My daughter just turned 6....and she's been watching various superhero shows for years.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #994
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,898
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

"By fear" or "like fear" don't make sense at all, but if you really listen, it doesn't sound like he says "out of fear" either. More like "I fear."

The Boy Scout is online now  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #995
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Oh boy, I forgot about that So Rouths most memorable line as Superman wasn't even his originally. That's pretty sad. Nolans Bat Trilogy, Whedons Avengers, Even Singers X-men films all had memorable quotes, and that's what I want for MOS. Cavils line in the CC trailer, the whole "my father was convinced if the world found out who I really was, they would reject me...out of fear. What do you think?" was a more memorable quote then anything Routh said in the entirety of SR. We need more of this!
I know... I was so wth? after I saw it the first time that I went back 3 more times to make sure that it wasn't just me and he really didn't have much at all to say. Man of Steel needs to give Cavill's Superman/Clark real dialog. Especially with the talent around him. And even more for us as fans.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #996
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

I think he say I fear too.

sup101 is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #997
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I think he says "out of fear."

by fear or like fear don't even make that much sense, phrase wise.

it's a common expression to say that you reject something out of fear.

edit: just listened to it again. I still think it's out of fear. I just think he say the "of" really fast. so I can see how it can be hard to make out what he says........ maybe if this line is used in the new trailer, or in some kind of official clip, we'll be able to hear it under better audio quality.
Maybe we can see him say it and we'll know for sure.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow


Last edited by The Shield; 12-08-2012 at 01:26 PM.
The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #998
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
LOL, to be fair, as much as I rip Brandon Routh's acting (and ooooohhh is it bad), he looked like Superman to me. His costume wasn't the best, but that's not his fault. Cain though... I hate that guy. He didn't have the look of the character at all and his acting was so phoned in it was laughable.

As for Welling... lol, yeah. He only marginally had the Superman look and if it is true that the CGI Superman we saw in the Smallville finale was the result of him STILL refusing to put on the Superman costume, that's pathetic. It's not like his acting career was going anywhere anyway after the show was finally, mercifully put down like a rabid, three-legged dog.

I visually did enjoy "Superman Returns" and Brandon Routh looked the part indeed, acting wise I can't judge him because of the script which was the weakest point of that movie. I wasn't a fan of his costume either, the cape was too short, the S shild too small and I also didn't like the colours of the costume overall.

It was the tv show "Superboy" I first disovered but it was thanks to the show "Lois and Clark-The new Adventures of Superman" that I felt in love with the character of Superman. I know this is considered a cheesy show but I absolutely adored it and still watch it today. In my opinion it had the best Perry White and Lois Lane to date. Dean Cain might not have been the greatest Superman ever but in my opinion he looked convincing in the costume, I liked him even better as Clark Kent! I have to admit I had a big crush on him when I was a teenager and even wrote a letter to him, 3 months later I got a signed postcard back and still treasure it. I always felt Dean Cain truly was and still is passionate about the character of Clark/Superman.

As for Tom Welling, I enjoyed the earlier seasons of "Smallville" a lot. He truly looked the part but his acting was sometimes inconsistent.
The finale was a huge let down for me, I waited 10 years to see this guy wearing the tights and then they bring us a CGI costume, seriously, this was a slap to all "Smallville" fans! I do think it was Tom Welling himself who made that decision, throughout the years he often mentioned he didn't want to wear the tights.

dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #999
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 526
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

I hope Supermans powers will be on full display during the next trailer. I have no doubts about how they'll portray his invulnerability and super strength, and flight. However, I'm curious as to how his superspeed and heat vision will be portrayed on screen. His heat vision in the Smallville series and SR was kinda cool, but with the exception of a few of the later episodes of Smallville it didn't come across as powerful as it did in comics. When he uses heat vision in MOS I want people to be in awe. I also want to see the glowing red eyes on an angry Supes. It looks so bad@$$ in comics but if I remember correctly it hasn't been done in live action.

TDK elbowstrike is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #1000
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
How old is your brother? My daughter just turned 6....and she's been watching various superhero shows for years.
My brother is turning 4 next month, he's 24 years younger than me. I rarely watch TV with him because he's living with our parents and I have my own place but I did catch him watching "Terminator 3" with my father once, the boy looked terrified!
Just recently he said to me he's scared of Santa , I guess I wait a few years until I show him any kind of superhero shows or movies.

dreamel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.