The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I hope Supermans powers will be on full display during the next trailer. I have no doubts about how they'll portray his invulnerability and super strength, and flight. However, I'm curious as to how his superspeed and heat vision will be portrayed on screen. His heat vision in the Smallville series and SR was kinda cool, but with the exception of a few of the later episodes of Smallville it didn't come across as powerful as it did in comics. When he uses heat vision in MOS I want people to be in awe. I also want to see the glowing red eyes on an angry Supes. It looks so bad@$$ in comics but if I remember correctly it hasn't been done in live action.
I doubt we are going to see all his powers in full display in the trailer already, but it would be awesome indeed! I most look forward seeing the flight scenes and hope we get a glimpse of superspeed.
Hope we get some lines of Amy Adams as Lois too!

dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,401
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
I doubt we are going to see all his powers in full display in the trailer already, but it would be awesome indeed! I most look forward seeing the flight scenes and hope we get a glimpse of superspeed.
Hope we get some lines of Amy Adams as Lois too!
I am so excited for her portrayal. She is going to nail it. Knowing Amy, she wouldn't have picked this film if she didn't think the script was good, so i am hoping she has some good material to work with.

ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 44,266
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel
My brother is turning 4 next month, he's 24 years younger than me. I rarely watch TV with him because he's living with our parents and I have my own place but I did catch him watching "Terminator 3" with my father once, the boy looked terrified!
Just recently he said to me he's scared of Santa , I guess I wait a few years until I show him any kind of superhero shows or movies.
I let my daughter watch some superhero stuff when she was that young (she likes the SUPERBOY TV series, SUPERGIRL movie, Clooney's BATMAN AND ROBIN, and Adam West's BATMAN series) so there is stuff out there for the young ones.

Yeah, any of the Terminator movies are too much for a kid that young.

A lot of kids around that age are spooked by Santa. When my daughter was four we couldn't get her close to anyone dressed like him (even though she was happy to see them)...now she runs up to Santa and gives them hugs.

Just start him out with the more kid friendly shows and he should do ok.

C. Lee is online now  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I let my daughter watch some superhero stuff when she was that young (she likes the SUPERBOY TV series, SUPERGIRL movie, Clooney's BATMAN AND ROBIN, and Adam West's BATMAN series) so there is stuff out there for the young ones.

Yeah, any of the Terminator movies are too much for a kid that young.

A lot of kids around that age are spooked by Santa. When my daughter was four we couldn't get her close to anyone dressed like him (even though she was happy to see them)...now she runs up to Santa and gives them hugs.

Just start him out with the more kid friendly shows and he should do ok.

Thanks for the advise!

It's not only Santa, the boy is even afraid of Taz from Baby Looney Tunes!

He loves cartoons though so I might start with a Superman animated show!

dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
dreamel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 35
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I am so excited for her portrayal. She is going to nail it. Knowing Amy, she wouldn't have picked this film if she didn't think the script was good, so i am hoping she has some good material to work with.

I have much faith that the script is great, we wouldn't have a cast with so many Oscar nominated actors and even winners if the script was bad.
I've seen a few perfomances of Amy Adams, she has a natural talent and a lot of charisma, I know she will be great as Lois! She can't be worse than Kate Bosworth, that's for sure!
I remember the days when Kristen Stewart was speculated for the role of Lois, oh my, I was so scared!

dreamel is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 509
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I am so excited for her portrayal. She is going to nail it. Knowing Amy, she wouldn't have picked this film if she didn't think the script was good, so i am hoping she has some good material to work with.
Right on. I saw the movie Doubt the other day and Amy Adams was great in that. I barely recognized her and I had to hit the "info" button on my remote just to be sure it was her and not a lookalike. Great movie and great example of her acting skills. If she can hold her own in a movie with Phillip Seymore Hoffman and Meryle Streep, I have no doubt she can hang with Fishburne and Shannon. I hope her chemistry with Cavil will shine through as well.

TDK elbowstrike is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,401
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
I have much faith that the script is great, we wouldn't have a cast with so many Oscar nominated actors and even winners if the script was bad.
I've seen a few perfomances of Amy Adams, she has a natural talent and a lot of charisma, I know she will be great as Lois! She can't be worse than Kate Bosworth, that's for sure!
I remember the days when Kristen Stewart was speculated for the role of Lois, oh my, I was so scared!
May god have helped us if that every happened.

ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I think he says "out of fear."

by fear or like fear don't even make that much sense, phrase wise.

it's a common expression to say that you reject something out of fear.

edit: just listened to it again. I still think it's out of fear. I just think he say the "of" really fast. so I can see how it can be hard to make out what he says........ maybe if this line is used in the new trailer, or in some kind of official clip, we'll be able to hear it under better audio quality.
It just doesn't sound like out of fear, after listening to it again with my fiance she thinks it says I fear or like fear and so do I after listening to it again. He definitely doesn't say out of fear.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 12-08-2012 at 02:23 PM.
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 509
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike
I hope Supermans powers will be on full display during the next trailer. I have no doubts about how they'll portray his invulnerability and super strength, and flight. However, I'm curious as to how his superspeed and heat vision will be portrayed on screen. His heat vision in the Smallville series and SR was kinda cool, but with the exception of a few of the later episodes of Smallville it didn't come across as powerful as it did in comics. When he uses heat vision in MOS I want people to be in awe. I also want to see the glowing red eyes on an angry Supes. It looks so bad@$$ in comics but if I remember correctly it hasn't been done in live action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite
It's so overused in comics I don't really want to see it in live action, ever.
Yes,but for the non comic reading fans and general audience out there,to see Superman unleash full on heat vision,and the red eye thing,it will blow people's minds imo,let's give them more rather than less!

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Yes,but for the non comic reading fans and general audience out there,to see Superman unleash full on heat vision,and the red eye thing,it will blow people's minds imo,let's give them more rather than less!
Definitely

I've longed to see a moment like this on film:


__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
souperman
Side-Dish
 
souperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the can
Posts: 1,150
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

guess who's back?
ironik...isn't it?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
How MOS Should have ended:
Lois: Welcome to the Planet!
Clark: Thanks Miss Lane.
Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
souperman is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
guess who's back?
ironik...isn't it?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thats from Fred Claus awful movie but loved the bit with the Superman cape, it was very ironic that Lex Luthor got the cape lol

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 509
SHH! Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely

I've longed to see a moment like this on film:

You know what,I'm kind of almost expecting these kinds of scenes now!,I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment,but I keep getting moments of excitement,then they pass and I go red faced at my own childlike enthusiasm


I think I might watch the Director's cut of Sucker Punch later,I've not seen it yet.


Last edited by Greeneyes; 12-08-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Greeneyes is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 509
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Yes,but for the non comic reading fans and general audience out there,to see Superman unleash full on heat vision,and the red eye thing,it will blow people's minds imo,let's give them more rather than less!
Exactly. In Returns his heat vision was ok... It was sufficient enough to vaporize all that falling debris, but visually, it looked kinda dull. They portayed his super/artic breath better in that one scene than they portrayed his heat vision in two separate scenes. Watching the X-men movies, Cyclops' all-out concussive blasts were more intimidating than Supes heat vision in SR. In my opinion, Superman all-out heat vision should look like Cyclops' optic blast...on steroids...times 1000...with accual heat. Whatever they do, I think we can all agree it needs to look better than it did in Returns. (as should everything else for that matter)

TDK elbowstrike is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,851
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely

I've longed to see a moment like this on film:

Oooh he's all angry and red-eyed. That's so badass.

I remember when people scoffed at Jon Peters for wanting Sean Penn as Superman because he had the "eyes of a killer".

__________________
Superman with realistic physics isn't Superman.
Lead Cenobite is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,706
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely

I've longed to see a moment like this on film:

Yes please!

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #19
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 509
SHH! Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Oooh he's all angry and red-eyed. That's so badass.

I remember when people scoffed at Jon Peters for wanting Sean Penn as Superman because he had the "eyes of a killer".
I know where you are coming from here,but as long as it's not overused and abused,and it fits in context with the scene/s,then it could be an incredible spectacle to see,and not just a visual gimmick to impress readers or viewers who want a bad ass Superman,it's not saying this live action Superman is going to be portrayed the same,or have the same kind of character anyway as the comic version/s that you dislike for using the red eyes over and over.

I think because I want Superman and this film to succeed so much,that I'm scared unless Snyder hits us with all Superman can offer visually(obviously story is the most important),then it would feel like a lost opportunity to show the world what he can actually do,I want people to be sitting watching Man of Steel thinking to themselves "My Lord,Superman could probably take out the Avengers on his own!"

I guess I'm going to get stick for this post,but I don't care

rules!

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
I know where you are coming from here,but as long as it's not overused and abused,and it fits in context with the scene/s,then it could be an incredible spectacle to see,and not just a visual gimmick to impress readers or viewers who want a bad ass Superman,it's not saying this live action Superman is going to be portrayed the same,or have the same kind of character anyway as the comic version/s that you dislike for using the red eyes over and over.

I think because I want Superman and this film to succeed so much,that I'm scared unless Snyder hits us with all Superman can offer visually(obviously story is the most important),then it would feel like a lost opportunity to show the world what he can actually do,I want people to be sitting watching Man of Steel thinking to themselves "My Lord,Superman could probably take out the Avengers on his own!"

I guess I'm going to get stick for this post,but I don't care

rules!
Well said end of the day you hit the nail on the head when you said its only old to the Comic audience which is hardly any amount compared to the box office.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,343
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Oooh he's all angry and red-eyed. That's so badass.
Yeah...I think most fans want this kind of a momet...but part of me is worried that, as fantastic as this kind of thing usually in the comics...it could come across as really cheesy in live action. Think the "Superman" equivalent of Christian Bale yelling "Where's the detonator?"

I doubt it...but it's always a concern.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Yeah...I think most fans want this kind of a momet...but part of me is worried that, as fantastic as this kind of thing usually in the comics...it could come across as really cheesy in live action. Think the "Superman" equivalent of Christian Bale yelling "Where's the detonator?"

I doubt it...but it's always a concern.
Then there's the "where is she" moment with the Joker, which is fantastic.

I don't know what's hard to understand about people wanting Superman to be a badass.

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,590
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It just doesn't sound like out of fear, after listening to it again with my fiance she thinks it says I fear or like fear and so do I after listening to it again. He definitely doesn't say out of fear.
hmmm......well it still sounds like out of fear to me. I can hear 3 syllables.

but, again, the audio quality is not that good, so we'll have to agree to disagree until a better quality audio of that line comes out.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
hmmm......well it still sounds like out of fear to me. I can hear 3 syllables.

but, again, the audio quality is not that good, so we'll have to agree to disagree until a better quality audio of that line comes out.
Yeah it sort of dips on that bit, I don't mind if I am wrong though

I keep thinking about this new trailer I really hope they keep that ending with the "what do you think?" as I feel thats the perfect way to end the trailer.

I keep wondering when we'll get our first description leak.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,209
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

I wouldn't mind seeing Superman getting pissed off and having those red, Terminator-like eyes...but I'd rather see that in part 2 when the stakes are higher and the circumstances are extremely dire. Just like the poster that was just released, Superman could appear "badass" if he wanted to, but he chooses to go along with the law because he knows it's the RIGHT thing to do.

Being badass is Batman's job....and if Batman is the yang, then Superman is the yin.

__________________
Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around: You Get What You Give: Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
<-:{=:]:[my ART thread]:[:=}:->
DorkyFresh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.