The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #526
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
I'm curious, what makes you think that will make good drama? What are you hoping to see?

Personally, what I want to see is innocent, decent people and their kids in terrifying as f-ck danger, either by disaster or villain..... Then Superman swooping in to save the day and look badass doing it. The kind of formula that made that scene in the first Iron Man so satisfying. I want people to root for Superman again.
Well, you have superman scooping people falling from highrise, took off the fire while the firemen were fighting it and caught a thief in a breadstore in SR. wow… how low budget and low creativity in Singer team.

No wonder SR feel like a tasteless chewing gum.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #527
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

What if his suit weighs like a million tonnes and only he can lift it up because it's Alien, I think that would be awesome.

Like Maybe in the SHip Jonathon found him in the suit is in there folded up all Alien like, and because J.Kent couldn't even lift it up he didn't know what it was, but upon showing Clark when he's revealing he's actually an orphan that Clark just gently strumms his fingers across it but lifts a bit of the fabric up and J.Kent has a "wtf" expression both examining it, I think that would be sweet!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #528
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Then how would Jor-El have lugged it around?

Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #529
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

The Kryptonians could have a different mass/weight on their planet.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #530
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
The Kryptonians could have a different mass/weight on their planet.
Yea this is what I mean. For any Kryptonian it would be ok because it's Alien Metal, but for Humans the Metal outweighs everything so that's why it would be hard for J.Kent to lift it up.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #531
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

If there's anything that's really worrying me about the suit right now, it's how dull the yellow in the emblem looks.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #532
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
If there's anything that's really worrying me about the suit right now, it's how dull the yellow in the emblem looks.
Your kidding, right? If its like that, and since silver is on the suit, I see it as or close to gold.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #533
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
I agree.

It almost looks white and it doesn't help that, due to the shape of the "S", that the red portions out weigh the yellow/gold portions.

EDIT:

Now in pics like this it looks okay but in all the official pics, it seems so washed out.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 12-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #534
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Your kidding, right? If its like that, and since silver is on the suit, I see it as or close to gold.
There's no silver on the suit. A lot of people think the piping is silver, but it's really blue. It's just shiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Now in pics like this it looks okay but in all the official pics, it seems so washed out.
Yeah, I don't understand. In pictures taken with regular digital cameras, it looks just fine...but in ever official image we that has been released it BARELY looks yellow.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #535
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

The entire suit looks washed out - and the bracers look weird too. Would've looked cooler if red.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #536
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Hobbit isn't that far away We'll know soon enough

Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #537
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Poster would have been more effective if it had been shot from the back with Superman's hands cuffed behind him. And even moreso if there were only a damn S emblem on the back of the cape.
Haven't you heard? A symbol on a flapping piece of cloth is like the hardest obstacle to overcome in hand drawn and computer animation.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #538
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Good riddance to the emblem on the cape. Never cared for it.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #539
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
Good riddance to the emblem on the cape. Never cared for it.
I love it but its not needed on film

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #540
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I always loved the yellow S on the back of the cape. But if they are unable to pull it off and make it look real while his cape is fluttering in the wind, then I'm fine without it being present. The costume as it stands right now is growing on me more day by day. The colors do look slightly different from picture to picture, but overall, it looks fantastic and much more alien then ever before.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #541
The Guard
Side-Kick

It looks like the symbol is designed to look a certain way, almost a dark color in certain light, and for the yellow to pop more in certain lighting. That could be a really cool effect.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #542
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I always loved the yellow S on the back of the cape. But if they are unable to pull it off and make it look real while his cape is fluttering in the wind, then I'm fine without it being present. The costume as it stands right now is growing on me more day by day. The colors do look slightly different from picture to picture, but overall, it looks fantastic and much more alien then ever before.
It's not hard to pull it off. At all. It's a mystery why they nixed it on film.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #543
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Maybe they feel its overkill or corny or something.

I for one am glad to see it coming back in a few animations i.e. Batman: The Brave & the Bold & The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 but as I said I don't feel its needed on film.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #544
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Yeah...the cape moving and folding shouldn't be a problem honestly. How many flags are there in the world and how many of them are single colored? I think that they opted to nix the shield from the back of the cape because of stylistic reasons, rather than practical ones.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #545
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Yeah...the cape moving and folding shouldn't be a problem honestly. How many flags are there in the world and how many of them are single colored? I think that they opted to nix the shield from the back of the cape because of stylistic reasons, rather than practical ones.
Yeah I think that too, who knows maybe it'l find its way back on film in the future.

Also from what we've heard so far about Man of Steel I don't think the cape is gonna be part of the suit itself, I think its something he will attach. Maybe he's obsessed with capes when he's younger (like we see in the trailer where he's fashioning a made cape) and its something he adds to the costume.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #546
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
Really? I seem to remember it being stated somewhere when SR came out that it was difficult to do on screen and that's why Routh didn't have one on his cape. I could be remembering it wrong though. I guess that they could have the technology to do it now, seeing as how they make new advancements In CGI all the time. If they can do it, It would certainly be a welcome addition in my opinion, although it's not a " make or break" issue for me.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #547
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Really? I seem to remember it being stated somewhere when SR came out that it was difficult to do on screen and that's why Routh didn't have one on his cape. I could be remembering it wrong though. I guess that they could have the technology to do it now, seeing as how they make new advancements In CGI all the time. If they can do it, It would certainly be a welcome addition in my opinion, although it's not a " make or break" issue for me.

You are remembering it right. I don't know why they said that because its false.

I did this animation test years ago in an afternoon. Believe me it's possible
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #548
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
You are remembering it right. I don't know why they said that because its false.

I did this animation test years ago in an afternoon. Believe me it's possible
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Thanks for this! Proof positive that it's totally doable. Shame i won't get to see it on film in MOS but I'm happy with the costume we got though

Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #549
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Is anybody else worried about the suit making him fly?

Old 12-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #550
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmangambit View Post
Is anybody else worried about the suit making him fly?
No, because that won't happen.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread