The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #726
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Default Re: SUPERNATURAL Season 8!

Sam really did a douchbag thing by running off like he did, he left a mentally unstable person alone in an area where there was potentially a dangerous vampire running around.

Martin got what he deserved, putting a knife to an innocent girls neck like that was just not acceptable.

Over all I found the episode to be a bit disappointing and the ending left me completely uninterested. I really don't care about this Amelia subplot, it's boring and really not worthy of this show.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #727
Donut
Side-Kick

The Amelia ending sucked. Did they really think that would get people curious about what happens next ? Come the **** on. If the next scene is not Amelia dying. Then she really does suck

Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #728
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

I was hoping that those theories about Sam's past year being an angel induced vision...that would have been must more interesting.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #729
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Well, I've come around. I really do want to know what these flashbacks have been leading up to.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #730
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Yeah, I was really hoping that this storyline would gain relevance by now, before the hiatus, but alas...

H.E.(R?)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #731
Canadagraphs

Personally, I wont judge the Amelia storyline till her role is done & over with. We dont know what they have in store for a final story arc for her. Perhaps her having this relationship with Sam is vital in telling the overall story.

It really is annoying that so many of the fans are jumping down the throat of the writers for casting/writing Amelia in without seeing how its going to end. I can think of 1/2 a dozen or more instances of characters on shows that I didnt particularly like at first, but after you see what their entire purpose was...you suddenly see them as worth it.

Frankly, depending what the showrunners overall plan is, we might not see completely what Amelia, or Benny or Kevin etc overall impact on the story is for quite awhile.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #732
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadagraphs View Post
Personally, I wont judge the Amelia storyline till her role is done & over with. We dont know what they have in store for a final story arc for her. Perhaps her having this relationship with Sam is vital in telling the overall story.

It really is annoying that so many of the fans are jumping down the throat of the writers for casting/writing Amelia in without seeing how its going to end. I can think of 1/2 a dozen or more instances of characters on shows that I didnt particularly like at first, but after you see what their entire purpose was...you suddenly see them as worth it.

Frankly, depending what the showrunners overall plan is, we might not see completely what Amelia, or Benny or Kevin etc overall impact on the story is for quite awhile.
It doesnt really matter what they have in store for this plot. The execution has been damn near terrible. Even if they turn it around in the next episode. We will still always have these 9 episodes of it being terrible. The lighting, acting, dialogue etc is just bad and cheesy.

H.E.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #733
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

I'm still waiting for the big car crash that makes it so Don and Riot have to get a brain transplant.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #734
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

:Yawn:

Old 12-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #735
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
It doesnt really matter what they have in store for this plot. The execution has been damn near terrible. Even if they turn it around in the next episode. We will still always have these 9 episodes of it being terrible. The lighting, acting, dialogue etc is just bad and cheesy.
She will still suck when all is said & done

Dean - Hey Benny you have my permission to eat two humans
Benny - Who
Dean - Shows Benny a picture of Amelia & Don
Benny - Smiles

Last edited by Donut; 12-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #736
iamlegend
Que es eso?

I honestly don't mind Amelia's character, especially since I'm sure the writers are leading up to something with it. I just thought they could have easily gotten to the meat of that story before the hiatus, much like they did with Dean's Purgatory flashbacks. They should have resolved the flashback side of the Sam/Amelia bit this past week, and THEN ended with him running into her, if they really want to go that route.

Sam's absolute obsession with the need to off Benny has been really poor characterization, though, and it's getting more and more apparent that the writers just wanted another trumped up reason for the brothers to be at each other's throats.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #737
Kar
Side-Kick

I don't think its too out of character for Sam. He's stated before he's learned his lesson about teaming up with demons and monsters. I see it as Sam finally having a chance to knock Dean off his high horse after being ragged on for 7 seasons. Not to mention he doesn't even want to be hunting right now anyway.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #738
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure they're done with the flashbacks after last weeks episode, and all the Amelia stuff will be in the present.

Carver said the plan for this season is for the brothers to grow and mature and have an overall healthier relationship. So I think they're just building up all the distrust and angst stuff that the Benny and Amelia storylines are bringing, so that the eventual payoff means something.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #739
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Official synopsis for episode ten.

Quote:
Naomi (guest star Amanda Tapping) tells Castiel (Misha Collins) that Crowley (guest star Mark Sheppard) is holding an angel captive and Castiel must rescue him before Crowley finds out their secrets. Castiel turns to Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help. Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) meets with Amelia (guest star Liane Balaban) who asks him to make a choice: stay with her or leave and never contact her again.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #740
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Official synopsis for episode ten.
Quote:
Naomi (guest star Amanda Tapping) tells Castiel (Misha Collins) that Crowley (guest star Mark Sheppard) is holding an angel captive and Castiel must rescue him before Crowley finds out their secrets. Castiel turns to Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help. Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) meets with Amelia (guest star Liane Balaban) who asks him to make a choice: stay with her or leave and never contact her again.
Ugh, I hate this kind of ****. We know what he will ultimately end up doing. He might choose her first, but by episode's end something will have happened to make him choose hunting over her. Then there will be much griping, brooding, longing, depression, acceptance.

H.E.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #741
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

They really need to give that ****ing storyline relevance. It pisses me off that they haven't already. It detracts from what has otherwise been a pretty good season.

H.E.(R?)
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #742
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
They really need to give that ****ing storyline relevance. It pisses me off that they haven't already. It detracts from what has otherwise been a pretty good season.
Which makes it damn odd that a seasoned Superenatural writer would produce an otherwise good season and this weak storyline at the same time.

H.E.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #743
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I'm hoping something falls into place soon that at least makes this storyline acceptable. Something that shows that it isn't what it seems. It won't make it any better, but at least it will be acceptable in terms of the larger story. Make it serve a purpose, because now it serves none.

H.E.(R?)
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #744
Kar
Side-Kick

Why is she asking Sam to choose as if she hasn't chosen Don?

Women.

But I'm still holding on to my theory that Amelia is angel related or something. Maybe its a "It's A Terrible Life" type of thing.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #745
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

It definitely fits, especially considering what the angels are currently doing to Cas. Plus, Sam's really the only one they could've had access to over the past year.

H.E.(R?)
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #746
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Not really, because I'm pretty sure Sam and Dean both still have Enochian sigils carved into their ribs to keep the angels from being able to track them.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #747
Orb
Lord of Demons

I cant wait for episode 12 I believe with grandpa winchester for it features NAZI NECROMANCERS! Two things I love.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #748
Kar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Not really, because I'm pretty sure Sam and Dean both still have Enochian sigils carved into their ribs to keep the angels from being able to track them.
I always figured the sigils were taken off. Angels have been tracking them since season 6. Virgil and Balthazar in "The French Mistake" for example. And Castiel found the boys in the episode where he made it out of Purgatory.

Speaking of which, am I the only one a little disappointed in that storyline? The whole Cas getting left behind thing. I always imagined it was something shady behind it, like Dean purposely left him, not him choosing to stay behind. But I guess that's just me.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #749
Donut
Side-Kick

I only want one thing for Amelia & that is death. In a horrible way. Crowley will become tolerable. If he kills Amelia & makes it painful

Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #750
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Woah, man, that's scary-harsh. Chill out.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread