The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #176
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

and for all we know, the dialogue in the the trailer could be spliced together, with Jonathan's "maybe" line totally out of context.

like, if he really says that, perhaps he 1st says "maybe" but then hesitates and corrects himself saying "......no........of course you should save your friends......it's just that.........people are afraid of what they don't understand........."

so, the full scene and dialogue would show a parent who is conflicted. he doesn't really want his son to let people die, but, he is worried about what would happen if people found out about his son's secret.

and, truth to be told, if they are going for a more realistic, grounded approach, Clark's parents ( or at least one of them ) would be legit concerned about Clark exposing his secret. Not only would other people reject him out of fear, but if the government got word of it ( which they would ), they would come and take Clark away to study and observe him. and no father or mother would want their child to be whisked away to be treated like a lab rat........

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 12-09-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #177
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
and for all we know, the dialogue in the the trailer could be spliced together, with Jonathan's "maybe" line totally out of context.

like, if he really says that, perhaps he 1st says "maybe" but then hesitates and corrects himself saying "......no........of course you should save your friends......it's just that.........people are afraid of what they don't understand........."

so, the full scene and dialogue would show a parent who is conflicted. he doesn't really want his son to let people die, but, he is worried about what would happen if people found out about his son's secret.

and, truth to be told, if they are going for a more realistic, grounded approach, Clark's parents ( or at least one of them ) would be legit concerned about Clark exposing his secret. Not only would other people reject him out of fear, but if the government got word of it ( which they would ), they would come and take Clark away to study and observe him. and no father or mother would want their child to be whisked away to be treated like a lab rat........
Yeah that's what I was saying it could be in a totally different context.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #178
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah that's what I was saying it could be in a totally different context.
and heck, that line may never even be in the movie......lol

trailers do that all the time.

just look at the Amazing Spider-man trailers. they had stuff/lines that weren't even in the final film......."Do you think what happened to you was an accident, Peter?"

The trailers for Disney's Tangled had scenes that weren't in the movie. heck, the vibe those trailers gave off were TOTALLY different from the actual film.........lol

like, the early trailers had Rapunzel in the shadows, stalking Flynn with her hair, like a horror movie. and then there was that scene where Flynn yells "Rapunzel, let down your hair" and her hair falls on him and crushes him and the horse laughs ( which also made it look like Flynn and Maximus the horse were friends from the beginning ).

none of that was in the actual film........

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 12-09-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #179
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
and heck, that line may never even be in the movie......lol

trailers do that all the time.

just look at the Amazing Spider-man trailers. they had stuff/lines that weren't even in the final film......."Do you think what happened to you was an accident, Peter?"

The trailers for Disney's Tangled had scenes that weren't in the movie. heck, the vibe those trailers gave off were TOTALLY different from the actual film.........lol

like, the early trailers had Rapunzel in the shadows, stalking Flynn with her hair, like a horror movie. and then there was that scene where Flynn yells "Rapunzel, let down your hair" and her hair falls on him and crushes him and the horse laughs ( which also made it look like Flynn and Maximus the horse were friends from the beginning ).

none of that was in the actual film........
Ha ha to be fair most of the trailers/TV spots for the Amazing Spider-Man featured more deleted scenes that actual footage that was in the film

It does happen a lot though its really annoying

Old 12-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #180
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

hah!!

wouldn't that be something.......if the trailer had this really cool scene of Superman and Zod in battle, heat vision and powers blaring..........and that's not in the actual film!!!

and of course.......we must remember.......the teaser for SR had pieces of the return to Krypton sequence............

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #181
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah I forgot about that and it had clips of young Clark discovering the ship.

Btw on superman homepage on the comments section regarding the trailer desription someone has said the user who posted the trailer on CBM also posted a fake trailer desription for TDKR.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #182
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Yeah I forgot about that and it had clips of young Clark discovering the ship.

Btw on superman homepage on the comments section regarding the trailer desription someone has said the user who posted the trailer on CBM also posted a fake trailer desription for TDKR.
No surprise there. I don't know why some people are putting so much stock in this description. Fake trailer descriptions happen all the time before hotly fan-ticipated movies like this. I remember pre-Returns there was a pretty great sounding trailer description. Sounded legit and satisfying. Totally fake.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #183
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
No surprise there. I don't know why some people are putting so much stock in this description. Fake trailer descriptions happen all the time before hotly fan-ticipated movies like this. I remember pre-Returns there was a pretty great sounding trailer description. Sounded legit and satisfying. Totally fake.
Yeah I'm convinced its fake but others aren't so just want to reassure people

Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #184
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I wish I thought for a second that the trailer was going to satisfy me.

But the fact is, i'm not gonna have that relief feeling from our waiting until i've seen the damned film.

The trailer is probably just going to make it even harder to wait! For a while after it'll be all I think about. I'll watch it a ridiculous amount of times a day. I'll dream about it. I'll show it to everyone i remotely know.

No, as much as i'm looking forward to this trailer, i know it will bring no relief
ROFLMFAO!!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #185
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm so gutted my GFs sister is getting married on June 14th 2013 I really hope there's sone advanced previews in the UK.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #186
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm so gutted my GFs sister is getting married on June 14th 2013 I really hope there's sone advanced previews in the UK.
Midnight screenings.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #187
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Lol Kryptonite cookies sound a bit... Deadly

And i think i'd rather have the wedding June 14th. The honeymoon can then be a midnight showing of MOS. And i'll still be in my wedding dress at the cinema
See now all kinds of naughty thoughts just ran through my head. My woman..in her wedding dress....in the theater....waiting to see MOS......GIGGITY.

HAHAHAHA

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 12-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #188
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Ah come on, it's not like the wedding is going to last all day. Besides you could be sitting in the theater on the night of June 13th, waiting for the midnight screening.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #189
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

My work mate told me her baby is due on June 14th next year. She did not get it when I started squealing and telling her how cool that was because it's Superman's new movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
See now all kinds of naughty thoughts just ran through my head. My woman..in her wedding dress....in the theater....waiting to see MOS......GIGGITY.

HAHAHAHA
Well it will be our wedding night!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 12-09-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #190
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
My work mate told me her baby is due on June 14th next year. She did not get it when I started squealing and telling her how cool that was because it's Superman's new movie

Well it will be our wedding night!
See now you need to talk her into having the baby early OR at least naming the baby Kal. I mean, sheesh, that is is THE most important day of 2013.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #191
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
Most likely the exact same trailer but with an added 2 seconds at the end of "IN 3D!"
100% agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I hate 3D but I might see The Hobbit in 3D and thus see the trailer in 3D.
I am with you. 3D is horrendous. I have to see Hobbit in 3D tomorrow night. WB is one of the few studios who sometimes do put teasers/trailers in front of their press screenings, but way too early to put Man Of Steel out I would imagine.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #192
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I don't think the description is real. Even if it is, I'm going to wait until I see Costner deliver the line until I make a judgement call. If he's obviously overwhelmed by fear for Clark's safety, I'll be a lot more understanding. But if it comes off the way it does in the description, I'll become concerned about the direction they've taken the character, and will be until I see the film in its entirety. But, for now, I'm not worried.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #193
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Its funny how this happens whenever a tentpole comicbook film comes out. Several descriptions come out of the trailer/teaser and we're all trying to scramble to see what we think is real or faux. It works out as kind of fun to post about and at least helps the time go by until the trailer drops.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #194
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Yeah it's most likely fake, remember when this was supposed to be the teaser trailer for the movie?

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=54717

"Opens with a shot of space. The camera is panning around the planets and zooming through space. There's a voiceover of Jor-El (Russell Crowe) saying, "My son, our world is no longer safe for you." Suddenly, one of the planets explodes and a small ship is seen zooming out of the flames, and the camera pans around it to face it flying away. Shot of Jor-El and Lara placing a young baby into a ship. "We have been hit by an unexpected force." Shot of General Zod leaping off of a low bridge with a sword, about to hit Jor-El who is holding a shield. The bridge has been sliced in half, as the front is smoking red.

New Shot: The spaceship flies quickly past some satellites. The camera pans around to reveal that it is entering Earth's atmosphere (BTW, that deep "bbboooowwww" sound that keeps on being in trailers for action movies is present in this trailer). Shot of scientists looking at scans, seeing an unidentified object entering Earth. Then the ship crashes into the Kent Farm, with dirt flying everywhere. Different shot of lots of trucks driving down a road. Jonathan and Martha Kent race out of their house and look down at the ship. Jonathan mutters, "What is that....?" The ship starts to make noises and show strange languages appearing above it. The Kent's stand back. The roof of the ship slides back and a chair is erected up, with a small child sitting on it.

A voiceover of Martha Kent, as clips appear. "When you were a child Clark, well, the easiest way to put it was that you were special". Shots of Clark lifting the car off the ground for Jonathan to get underneath and fix it, Clark in school spinning a pencil in the air using telekinesis and finally Clark standing in his room with a strained expression, pointing his head upwards. The camera directly faces his feet firmly on the ground, before they rise about an inch. "You could do things that the other kids couldn't." A bus is falling off of a bridge, and a teenage Clark is seen in the window, looking panicked. Shot young Lana Lang looking terrified. Suddenly the bus stops. The camera pans down to the bottom to show Clark floating in mid-air holidng it up. "Which caused friction with the other kids." Clark is being cornered in the school park and beaten. A new shot of an adult Clark wearing a cap and grimy brown jacket standing in an alleyway, he then pulls up his hood and walks away. "You were extraordinary. You could do amazing things. You were a Superman." New shot of Martha talking to adult Clark in the kitchen. "I know all of this. But why? It's been kept from me all my life. I'm about to go out into the world, and I'm not leaving until I know what they are." "Clark, that's the reason you're leaving." Clark walks into the barn and takes his old ship out of a crate. There are a quick-cut shots of him watching videos, reading documents etc and looking worried.

NEW SHOT: Clark dives into the water in an icy area shirtless. He walks into a massive ice hall (Fortress of Solitude). Clark is in an igloo with an old man, warming their hands over a fire. "We don't get much visitors here. Why are you here?" Clark sits back and says, "I have powers. Unimaginable powers. And I don't know what to do with them." A rock music track starts playing. A plane lands on the runway and Clark walks out. New shot of him pulling a blue outfit out of his ship, with the 'S' emblem. The camera zooms in and the shot changes to a man falling out of a vortex and into a building, looking dirty and rugged. It's Zod. Superman is flying in the sky and flies down, using heat vision to attack an unknown flying thing infront of him (Probably Zod but I don't actually know). The Kent's rushing out of their farm and trying to get into the bunker as a massive Tornado sweeps across the land. Superman flying through different buildings and smashing through the windows, holding a strange monster just bigger than Supes. Superman straight falling off of a mountain (aerial view, shot straight down) and then edging forward in the air, before he is fully flying. Clark Kent talking to Lois Lane in the Daily Planet. "So, you're new here. Good luck trying to get anything first, I'm quick with all the hot scoops." There is then a new shot of stacks of papers being thrown into a van with Clark and Lois standing next to it. On the front of the papers, there's an image of Superman flying through the air with the headline, "SUPER-POWERED VIGILANTE HITS THE STREETS OF METROPOLIS; DUBBED "SUPERMAN". Clark walks away back into the Daily Planet saying, "What was that you said yesterday Lois?" Now it's a montage of shots of Superman punching various different crooks and beating them up. Voiceover of Martha Kent: "I can't believe you're back, it's so surreal." "I discovered my purpose in life. My journey is beginning. And it might have led me to my end." The final shot is Superman and General Zod on the streets of Metropolis, battling using heat vision. The beams are meeting in the middle, and flames are flying all around them. The red light in the middle grows brighter and larger, and consumes the whole screen. The Superman emblem appears, with the words "Man of Steel" written across it. Then the words, "Coming Soon"."

Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #195
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Seems too long to be a trailer. Also "Superman punching various crooks"?? That would kill them.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #196
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Lol exactly. Also that was rumored to be the "teaser"

Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #197
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post

HAHAHAHA
Ha that's how you'll consummate the marriage, watching MOS, instead of... y'know.. the dirty stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Joe Letteri (VFX supervisor) said that WETA is handling the early, pre-Superman things and he also mentioned that they are currently in the process of finishing their work on the film. So Im sure there are some jaw dropping shots of Krypton ready for the trailer.

Speaking of VFX, I have a question for anyone here that may be in this field or know more about it. As mentioned, Letteri said that WETA is handling the pre-Superman stuff. But last year he also said that their main priority was to make the flying look realistic. So if they will do that, how come that they aren't working on the Superman stuff? Or will Double Negative and MPC get the ´´code`` or whatever from WETA and use what they've come up with in those scenes?

And since it seems WETA is also handling Krypton, I assume they did all the Kryptonian technology bits. I'd hope that they would handle the mo-cap shots as IMO they are the best in the field in that.

And I hope MPC has more to do than Double Negative. They seem to do great work, Prometheus was done by MPC and WETA.
Yeah. That and this: http://screenrant.com/man-steel-movi...-sandy-171979/ lead me to believe that WETA may have backed out of alot of this film if they're only involved in the Krypton stuff now (as we're speculating here). Could they have passed on alot of the work needing to dedicate more time into the VFX for The Hobbit? Cause surely anything Peter Jackson is working on would take priority at WETA, since it's essentially his company and all.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #198
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Man.......this is going to be a long week............

between waiting for the MOS trailer AND waiting for Les Mis to come out...........I don't know if my fragile mind and body will be able to handle it.............

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #199
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah. That and this: http://screenrant.com/man-steel-movi...-sandy-171979/ lead me to believe that WETA may have backed out of alot of this film if they're only involved in the Krypton stuff now (as we're speculating here). Could they have passed on alot of the work needing to dedicate more time into the VFX for The Hobbit? Cause surely anything Peter Jackson is working on would take priority at WETA, since it's essentially his company and all.
That's an interesting point. It may explain why they are taking so long to complete the film. We've heard several times now that there's a lot of "finishing" left to do.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #200
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I liked both the teaser and the leaked comic con trailer I will be shocked if I don't like this new trailer.

Closed Thread