Other 12 5.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #51
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I bolded the word 'THEIR' as in THEIR VISION and you think I'm trying to speak on behalf of them. Fascinating.
You said "She's a fantastic love interest as well and that is why she was needed to complete Batman's tale for the Nolans."

Quote:
I didn't say anything about this, but okay. All I said was movies do have to be good to still get an audience.
I'm looking at Michael Bay's Transformer movies and wondering about this

Quote:
Batman Begins didn't do great at the box office compared to TDK and TDKR but BB still gained an audience because of the film's direction.
True Begins didn't set the box office on fire, and I personally believe a lot of the money Begins made came mainly from Batman fans rather than the general audience.

TDK and TDKR reached wider audiences beyond just the comic book fans. The Dark Knight had what was called 'The Dark Knight effect'.

http://www.empireonline.com/features...-knight-effect

Directors like Raimi said it upped the ante for the superhero genre; http://www.cleveland.com/movies/inde...says_dark.html

Of course I'm sure you heard that it's even influencing other movies now, like Skyfall; http://collider.com/sam-mendes-skyfa...knight/204523/

These are really impressive repercussions for a comic book movie.

Quote:
What 'writing on the wall'?

The writing where I already said as well that Nolan's rep helped TDKR?
Then we're in agreement on this one.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 12-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #52
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Clayface! But more as a secondary villain.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #53
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
You said "She's a fantastic love interest as well and that is why she was needed to complete Batman's tale for the Nolans."
And as for Nolans' vision, what happened? Selina Kyle was used to help Bruce Wayne move on. How is that speaking on behalf of them when we know exactly what their vision called for?

Quote:
I'm looking at Michael Bay's Transformer movies and wondering about this
Bay still has an audience though. Nevertheless the type of audience that doesn't give a crap about story, but it's an audience still.

I believe Nolan even likes Bay's stuff, though. He enjoys MacGruber as well.

Quote:
True Begins didn't set the box office on fire, and I personally believe a lot of the money Begins made came mainly from Batman fans rather than the general audience.

TDK and TDKR reached wider audiences beyond just the comic book fans. The Dark Knight had what was called 'The Dark Knight effect'.

http://www.empireonline.com/features...-knight-effect

Directors like Raimi said it upped the ante for the superhero genre; http://www.cleveland.com/movies/inde...says_dark.html

Of course I'm sure you heard that it's even influencing other movies now, like Skyfall; http://collider.com/sam-mendes-skyfa...knight/204523/

These are really impressive repercussions for a comic book movie.
I am aware of all of this. I don't think anyone can deny what The Dark Knight achieved in just Nolan's career, CBMs as a whole or speaking on any film genre from then on.

Quote:
Then we're in agreement on this one.
Yep

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #54
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
And as for Nolans' vision, what happened? Selina Kyle was used to help Bruce Wayne move on. How is that speaking on behalf of them when we know exactly what their vision called for?
That's not what I was referring to, Anno. I'm talking about the decision to use her in the first place because Jonah viewed her as an essential component to any complete Batman tale.

That was the analogy I was making to the Joker, and how he is essential since he is Batman's arch enemy. Once they decided to use Catwoman then they worked her role into the story, which was what you mentioned there.

Quote:
Bay still has an audience though. Nevertheless the type of audience that doesn't give a crap about story, but it's an audience still.

I believe Nolan even likes Bay's stuff, though. He enjoys MacGruber as well.
No doubt, but the point is you don't have to show high quality movies to get a big audience.

I'm not saying that's a good thing either lol.

Quote:
I am aware of all of this. I don't think anyone can deny what The Dark Knight achieved in just Nolan's career, CBMs as a whole or speaking on any film genre from then on.
Cool. That's the point I'm making. TDK was the game changer that made Nolan a big name director and brought him to the world's attention as someone who's movies are a big attraction.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's not what I was referring to, Anno. I'm talking about the decision to use her in the first place because Jonah viewed her as an essential component to any complete Batman tale.

That was the analogy I was making to the Joker, and how he is essential since he is Batman's arch enemy. Once they decided to use Catwoman then they worked her role into the story, which was what you mentioned there.
But once again, while she can be viewed as essential, she obviously was used because of what she meant to their version for Batman and how to complete their story of Bruce Wayne. If Catwoman or Joker had nothing that would be of value in another trilogy, even as essential, I don't see them being used.

Quote:
No doubt, but the point is you don't have to show high quality movies to get a big audience.

I'm not saying that's a good thing either lol.
Of course you don't have to show high quality, but needless to say Nolan did have high quality from back with Batman Begins.

Quote:
Cool. That's the point I'm making. TDK was the game changer that made Nolan a big name director and brought him to the world's attention as someone who's movies are a big attraction.
And Inception obviously helped this, don't you think? Inception open Warner Brothers' eyes even more about Nolan's talent, especially when it comes to grand scope and scale.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #56
Edguy
Banned User

Get a room, you guys.

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #57
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Which type of villain is important to how the story and setting pans out. If we go for someone more reserved like Riddler, the first impression will be less fantastical. It's the opposite with someone like Freeze or Clayface.

Unless they build up to it for a sequel, getting bigger and crazier as it goes on?

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #58
brett66
user title

I'd be perfectly ok with; Black Mask, Freeze, Strange or Penguin... or all of them. I think it'd be great to have a film where the villains are just there without any origin or setup, just pieces in a more overarching game.

brett66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #59
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'd go with:

Film 1: Clayface / Black Mask
Film 2: Mr. Freeze / Firefly
Film 3: Joker / Harley Quinn

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #60
shauner111
Side-Kick

The reboot needs to be different, and that means no Dark Knight rip-offs. The movie itself and the trilogy as a whole.

Freeze is a good way to break from the pack, and so is Penguin.

But im also not a big fan of "monster movie Batman"..which would be very far from the Nolan movies but i still dont care for it, so i guess i would just like a balance.

Also, if you look at the history of Batman on film. The 90s sequels were all far outside of the 'crime drama' for Bats. And perhaps thats the downfall. Im not sure a Freeze movie can be in that genre or if itll be any good but i know itll look really cool. Perhaps it wont be the most original concept (if ur taking Freeze's story into account) but yeah..

Batman 89' and Nolans trilogy felt like it was more in that realm of crime. Penguin, Riddler, Black Mask, etc..these guys can keep that crime drama thing going. Which to me represents Batman the best. And seems to be the more successful route to take. They can add in fantasy (the look of the city, etc) and they can add in different genres for influence (the war epic in Rises worked fine but it still had that strong crime element...or Begins had a lot of ninja moments). A little bit of horror is cool. But the crime drama is very important i think. If it goes full-on with the comedy, or full-on with the monster/horror themes, it can get ridiculous.

I know most will disagree cuz they want their Clayfaces and traditional Killer Crocs and Man-Bats but this is what i prefer in a Batman movie.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #61
Colton
New User - Level 0

I think that Robin will become Batman and he will have a black scaly costume with a red bat symbol on it. And, I think Killer Croc will have a explosive bomb to blow up all of Gotham. If ten people don't obey him, he will blow up the city. he hides out in the sewers of Gotham.

Colton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #62
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Hi troll.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #63
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I'd go with:

I would LOVE the combo of Freeze and Firefly.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #64
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Interesting idea there. Fire vs Ice...Imagine Batman using Firefly's tech to fight Freeze?

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #65
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I'd go with:

I wouldn't mind seeing this, but I would really love to see Penguin in the next trilogy.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #66
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The idea of villains working together made me think of these other pairs that would work in following Batman installments:

Black Mask/Deadshot - Roman Sionis, while trying to gather the many mobs together into one in Gotham City, hires the famed assassin Deadshot to hunt down Batman and kill him, thus giving Black Mask more room to breath in taking control of Gotham.

Riddler/Hugo Strange - While paying for everything, Dr. Hugo Strange is the mastermind behind the closed doors of Arkham Asylum helping The Riddler in finding out the greatest secret of Gotham: Who is the Batman?

Mr. Freeze/Firefly(a GREAT idea from ThePhantasm) - Two villains with far different stories that end up teaming up midway through the film, deciding to use their opposite powers into "one" by teaming up to take down the bat.

The Penguin/Killer Croc - I just love the combo as Killer Croc could be the muscle to Penguin while Cobblepot is the brains.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #67
johndoe123
Batknight

Quote:
The idea of villains working together made me think of these other pairs that would work in following Batman installments:

Black Mask/Deadshot - Roman Sionis, while trying to gather the many mobs together into one in Gotham City, hires the famed assassin Deadshot to hunt down Batman and kill him, thus giving Black Mask more room to breath in taking control of Gotham.

Riddler/Hugo Strange - While paying for everything, Dr. Hugo Strange is the mastermind behind the closed doors of Arkham Asylum helping The Riddler in finding out the greatest secret of Gotham: Who is the Batman?

Mr. Freeze/Firefly(a GREAT idea from ThePhantasm) - Two villains with far different stories that end up teaming up midway through the film, deciding to use their opposite powers into "one" by teaming up to take down the bat.

The Penguin/Killer Croc - I just love the combo as Killer Croc could be the muscle to Penguin while Cobblepot is the brains.
Black Mask and Deadshot, as well as the The Penguin/Killer Croc pairings could definitely work together, but I'm not so sure about the other two. The first two work because their agendas and psychological states match up. Black mask wants something done, he pays Deadshot to do it, and since his goals do not go beyond money, unlike Black mask's, it causes no tension. Same goes for for Penguin and Killer Croc. The reason that this situation does not work for Riddler and Hugo Strange, for instance, is because while the goals are similar (discovering Batman's secret identity and breaking him) their psychological states don't mix. Reason being that Riddler is a complete narcissus, working with Strange would be conceding that his isn't smart enough to outwit Batman alone. Mr. Freeze/Firefly maybe could. It can't just be that their powers of the opposite of the other. Their has to be a story reason for it. Freeze's only goal is curing Nora, so for them to work together, Firefly would somehow have to benefit from obtaining the cure.

johndoe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #68
Jaiden Edo

Give me, Clayface. Being able to change into anybody, gives a lot of opportunities to work with. He can change into Batman and commit crimes/frame him. Only problem is, how will Bats defeat him? I mean, from what I've seen, Nolan's Batman can't really do anything to damage him. Maybe blowing him to hell with missiles from the Bat or Batpod will work. Unless we're talking about the reboot.

Jaiden Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #69
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiden Edo View Post
Give me, Clayface. Being able to change into anybody, gives a lot of opportunities to work with. He can change into Batman and commit crimes/frame him. Only problem is, how will Bats defeat him? I mean, from what I've seen, Nolan's Batman can't really do anything to damage him. Maybe blowing him to hell with missiles from the Bat or Batpod will work. Unless we're talking about the reboot.
We're definitely talking about the reboot. Nolan's Batman is done.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #70
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I'd like to see The Riddler first.

Others I'd like to see:
Scarecrow
Penguin
Joker
Mr. Freeze
Hugo Strange

Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #71
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

I think Joker should be introduced from the very first film and used in a Hannibal Lecter type role, then in the second one Dr. Harley Quinzel can be introduced and she can break out Joker right at the end, setting him up to be the main villain in part 3.

But in terms of main villains I'd love to see:

1st - The Riddler, The Penguin
2nd - Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze
3rd - The Joker, Scarecrow

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #72
The Englishman
Marching On Together

I want to see The Reaper

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #73
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I really would love to see Hugo Strange established in the first film even if he's not the main threat. I think that character has loads of potential, and he now has the added benefit of being more engrained in people's minds after his role in Arkham City.

I'd have him play a role similar to Crane in the Nolan series, as the head psychiatrist in Arkham. But much more twisted and much more obsessed with the Batman. I see him becoming more and more obsessed with him as he struggles to treat all of his enemies and realizes how incurable they are. If they go the more fantastical route, his "Monster Men" could be a great way to get total freaks like Croc and Man-Bat into it.

I also definitely agree with having Deadshot in the new series and setting him up early. He could totally be the "Boba Fett" of the new series, and could work with various villains from film to film.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 12-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #74
Baramos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
I want to see The Reaper
Yeah, a version of The Reaper/Phantasm would be good. The Reaper if they don't want to go the route of introducing a love interest, I guess.

A version of Owlman would also be interesting.

Mostly for the dynamic of someone who uses Batman's methods but for evil purposes.

If they were going to do yet another origin story I'd hope that Henri Ducard was an actual character this time around.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #75
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
Yeah, a version of The Reaper/Phantasm would be good. The Reaper if they don't want to go the route of introducing a love interest, I guess.

A version of Owlman would also be interesting.

Mostly for the dynamic of someone who uses Batman's methods but for evil purposes.

If they were going to do yet another origin story I'd hope that Henri Ducard was an actual character this time around.
But they should introduce a love interest along with The Reaper, his daughter.

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote