The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #226
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
There were a few things, and I'm annoyed at myself that I can't remember some of them now.

But one thing I noticed, that I never noticed before, was that when Gordon was taken to Bane in the sewer, and Bane's man searches him, he hands Bane his speech from the start of the film.

I have no idea why Gordon would still be carrying his speech at that point. Maybe he never went home to sleep. But I always wondered where Bane got Gordon's speech from, and I never noticed Bane was given it early on, and uses it to his advantage later.
It was the same exact coat he wore and it's not totally out there that he didn't put his speech someplace else. Heck, I've left movie and concert tickets in my jackets for a long amount of time before.

Quote:
Edit: I remembered one other thing. Later in the film when they're trying to put the tracker on the truck with the bomb, Gordon give's Miranda Tate something that I assume is there to help them work out which truck has the bomb. He tells her to indicate if the arrow moves. She lets him know, he puts the tracker on and later the truck is empty.

I get the impression now that she either a) informed Bane and they moved the bomb to another truck or b) she lied about the bomb being in that truck.

I never noticed that in the cinema either.
Both A and B could be possible, although A is most likely since such an indication had to have shown on that tracker which Gordon probably looked at.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #227
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It was the same exact coat he wore and it's not totally out there that he didn't put his speech someplace else. Heck, I've left movie and concert tickets in my jackets for a long amount of time before.

Both A and B could be possible, although A is most likely since such an indication had to have shown on that tracker which Gordon probably looked at.
Yeah, I'm always finding things in my jackets and it's like, "When did I put THAT there?"

And I actually thought B is much more likely. Gordon gave Tate the Geiger counter, which would tell them if something on the truck was radioactive. He then threw a tracker on the truck, and checked to see if the tracker was working. Not to see if she was telling the truth. So she just lied.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #228
Brem
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Yeah, I'm always finding things in my jackets and it's like, "When did I put THAT there?"

And I actually thought B is much more likely. Gordon gave Tate the Geiger counter, which would tell them if something on the truck was radioactive. He then threw a tracker on the truck, and checked to see if the tracker was working. Not to see if she was telling the truth. So she just lied.
Good point. I'll admit I've done that myself often, especially recently. Looking all over the house for something I had in my pocket a day ago, only to remember it was still there.

Either way, it was great seeing Bane given the speech, and finally knowing how he got it in the first place. I have no idea how I missed it before.

With the bomb, I can accept either scenario, but I'd lean more toward her lying myself as well. He never saw the counter himself, and he did check to see if the tracker was working. After all these viewings, I thought it was a great little detail that just passed right over my head before. And this was my fourth viewing, and I only just noticed.

Brem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #229
Mgneto
Side-Kick

Just noticed a few things.

First, after Batman saves Catwoman on the rooftop and they get airborne, there's a shot of her breathing heavily and looking nervous. Just makes her reaction once they land a little funnier.

Also, the guys who Selina takes out before giving the kid the apple just lay on the ground sporadically tapping it while Bruce and Selina have their conversation. I guess she got them pretty good.

The one scene that I have so much more appreciation for after viewing it a few times is when Bane says "Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." He speaks so loudly out of the shot and cuts into Daggett's whining that it's legitimately frightening.

Mgneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #230
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgneto View Post
First, after Batman saves Catwoman on the rooftop and they get airborne, there's a shot of her breathing heavily and looking nervous.
Yeah, its like she's preparing herself for takeoff. Being told it's not a car but a flying vehicle would be a surprising revelation. Once it's in the air and flying steadily, all is serene and she takes it all in. Love that little scene. Anne brought humanity to this sassy character in these subtle little ways. Just like her initial reaction to seeing Bruce return. She's not going to apologise or show fear up front.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #231
ND Irish
Side-Kick

Very slow on this but I realized how Batman makes the semi turn on the batpod before shooting the truck & making it a ramp for the jump is the back wheel rotates on its side. Completely missed that in theaters (cough 3 times cough) probably because I was taking in such an awesome shot.

I still dont understand how the wheels can flip/rotate like that but I love that they do. Im choosing to believe its because theyre such big tires they can easily be flipped on the axles? Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

ND Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #232
jacobed
Banned User

I have no idea how they work but it is such an amazing sight everytime they do. Especially when Catwoman uses the blown up Tumbler as a ramp and does the sidewinding

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #233
vanson
Side-Kick

in theory its possible.. in reality not so much. Maybe one time out of ten thousand you wouldnt fall when you'd try those things.

vanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #234
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Very slow on this but I realized how Batman makes the semi turn on the batpod before shooting the truck & making it a ramp for the jump is the back wheel rotates on its side. Completely missed that in theaters (cough 3 times cough) probably because I was taking in such an awesome shot.

I still dont understand how the wheels can flip/rotate like that but I love that they do. Im choosing to believe its because theyre such big tires they can easily be flipped on the axles? Thats my story and Im sticking to it.
If you only saw the movie in standard theaters then that's why you didn't notice it but the IMAX screen shows more from top to bottom like on the Bluray, I didn't see the movie in IMAX so I was surprised with the wheels turning too.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #235
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

I noticed that both the ending to TDKR and Batman 89 have Batman using an arieal vehicle to transport some type of dangerous item(s) away from Gotham. And both times, the vehicle has trouble pulling up.

BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #236
vanson
Side-Kick

i noticed something when i recently watched inception.
marion stabs someone in both movies. three times overall. every time not successful.
(she should change her weapon of choice )
also tom hardy pushes a lot of buttons. 2 times in inception and 3 times in TDKR ^^

vanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #237
R3M3D1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanson View Post
i noticed something when i recently watched inception.
marion stabs someone in both movies. three times overall. every time not successful.
(she should change her weapon of choice )
also tom hardy pushes a lot of buttons. 2 times in inception and 3 times in TDKR ^^
Inception was basically a casting call for TDKR! with Joseph Gordon Levitt too carrying a lot of the film but not being the main character.

Makes me think if it was a flop would those three have been used...

Bat Pod clip with music!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
R3M3D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #238
Ant-LOX
Bathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post

I too, since TDK thought that the Bat pod could turn on a dime. The magic has finally been ruined for me by looking at TDKR's extras.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #239
TheNewGirl
Side-Kick

Hmm I just noticed Talia/Miranda Tate entering the stock exchange. Its when the guys are getting their shoes polished. Theres emphasis on a female entering the stock exchange as both men look at her. We never quite see her face but her hair is IDENTICAL along with her blurred facial structure.

Damn sneaky Nolan!

TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #240
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I love whenever I find money in an old jacket or something. It could be as small as a few bucks and I feel like I hit the lotto or something

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #241
KneelBeforeZod
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Both Lucuis and Alfred referring to Miranda as "Quite lovely" and Bruce having a reaction. Completely flew by me before.
Isn't "quite lovely" the exact same words JGL uses to describe Cotillard in Inception, when the young girl asks what she was like in real life? Vaguely interesting.

KBZ

KneelBeforeZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #242
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Yeah... the "lovely" woman.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
ARIADNE
What was she like in real life?

ARTHUR
She was lovely.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #243
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

"Lovely" is Nolan's code word for crazy.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #244
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
I too, since TDK thought that the Bat pod could turn on a dime. The magic has finally been ruined for me by looking at TDKR's extras.

Ugh, wish you hadn't mention the batpod turning...

I went to look at the batpod turning into the alley during the police chase and theres a spot during the turn where you can clearly see the front wheel not attached to the rest of the batpod...

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #245
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
Hmm I just noticed Talia/Miranda Tate entering the stock exchange. Its when the guys are getting their shoes polished. Theres emphasis on a female entering the stock exchange as both men look at her. We never quite see her face but her hair is IDENTICAL along with her blurred facial structure.

Damn sneaky Nolan!
I noticed that too the first time in theaters but how do we know for sure it's her? And if it is her is she who Bane nods to later on?

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #246
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I noticed that too the first time in theaters but how do we know for sure it's her? And if it is her is she who Bane nods to later on?
I think someone posted a picture of a deleted scene of Lucius/Tatelia talking business or whatever and she's wearing the exact same clothes. I think it's definitely her, same with the nod in the stock exchange, who else would Bane be nodding to? Not a henchman.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #247
TheNewGirl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I think someone posted a picture of a deleted scene of Lucius/Tatelia talking business or whatever and she's wearing the exact same clothes. I think it's definitely her, same with the nod in the stock exchange, who else would Bane be nodding to? Not a henchman.
Yea, I don't think its coincidence. No way. I love it though, it adds another layer of depth, the ever lurking presence of Miranda/Talia.

TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #248
burns826
Newbie First Class

I remembered the line from TDK when Bruce gets the new suit,

Lucious: "The separation of the plates makes you more vulnerable to knives and gunfire."

End of TDK: Bruce is shot by Harvey.
End of TDKR: Bruce is stabbed by Talia.

I thought that was a nice little detail.

burns826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #249
TheBat812
Side-Kick

In rewatching BB and TDK, it's incredible how much of it has an impact on TDKR. Nolan could have made no better decision storywise than bringing back the LOS to complete Bruce's story. Definitely the most solid trilogy I've ever seen.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #250
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
In rewatching BB and TDK, it's incredible how much of it has an impact on TDKR. Nolan could have made no better decision storywise than bringing back the LOS to complete Bruce's story. Definitely the most solid trilogy I've ever seen.
Agreed. I for one loved the idea of the LoS being in TDKR because it only makes sense with Nolan wanting a trilogy and even being inspired by Lord of the Rings, where this main evil has to bookend a trilogy such as LotR and Star Wars. The League of Shadows fit that aspect perfectly with Bruce Wayne's journey in The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote