The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #526
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

She's going to be terrible in Oblivion, like she is in everything else.

And those other characters you mentioned all featured at least somewhat talented actors playing bit parts (although lol @ grouping Black Widow in there). That's not the same thing as hiring a talentless actress to play a lead character.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #527
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post
the thing of it is, I don't disagree with you..Olga was bland enough to land an action heavy role in Universal's Oblivion, a pretty sizable film.. I think she might have a better role there.. if you look at how Sif and Widow have been used so far.. they're supporting characters but like characters such as Rhodey, Fandral and Bucky only have a certain amount of depth to them.. mostly they're there to throw blows and sometimes toss out a line or two..Gamora could be more developed than them but I doubt it.. it's going to be all about Star-Lord's adventure..
No....no, it's not.
Guardians of the Galaxy is a team effort, not Star-Lord 'n' Friends. (Star Lord isn't enough of a presence to dominate this or any other team; he's just the de facto leader of a squad of very independent misfits.)

Gamora, like the rest of the crew, needs to be a full-fledged character in her own right, not just some generic sidekick who's there for looks. Whoever plays her needs to convey not just a pretty face and some generic ass-kickery; she needs to bring bloodshot-eyed bloodlust and a lethal sexiness to the role. Gamora needs to be someone that EVERYONE fears --- even the good guys.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #528
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

so more inline with the ladies who are testing for Winter Soldier? I have a idea that Marvel is actually testing them for Gamora as well.. a couple seem like contenders

Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson have been linked for Carol Danvers but you never know..

Last edited by Christopher_M; 12-09-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #529
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
the thing of it is, I don't disagree with you..Olga was bland enough to land an action heavy role in Universal's Oblivion, a pretty sizable film.. I think she might have a better role there.. if you look at how Sif and Widow have been used so far.. they're supporting characters but like characters such as Rhodey, Fandral and Bucky only have a certain amount of depth to them.. mostly they're there to throw blows and sometimes toss out a line or two..Gamora could be more developed than them but I doubt it.. it's going to be all about Star-Lord's adventure..
This attitude sucks. You always cast the best possible actor/ actress for the role, and if the character is minor, you cast the best possible actor/ actress who won't cost too much.

Why fans want to go with actresses like Olga and Jessica Biel, who are both pricey and lame, baffles me. (and don't say because they're hot. There are plenty of hot actresses with more talent.)

Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #530
Chewy
REDACTED

Name to consider: Evan Rachel Wood

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #531
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Emily Blunt has been in Marvel's books for ages. I can see her in a role soon.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #532
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Name to consider: Evan Rachel Wood
she's ok, though overacted her role in The Wrestler..

how about Noomi Rapace, Eva Green, Melanie Laurent, Gemma Arterton, Jessica Chastain and Rooney Mara?

Last edited by Christopher_M; 12-10-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #533
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Christopher_M is officially the Gif Master.

The girl from Downton is stunning.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #534
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, thanks for the gifs, and here's hoping that each and every one of them make their way into the MCU at some point.

As for Gamora casting, personality-wise: think Xena with green skin. You'll be on the right path. (Not fancasting Lawless here, just someone with that kind of Amazonian persona.)

Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #535
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Rooney Mara for Gamora.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #536
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, thanks for the gifs, and here's hoping that each and every one of them make their way into the MCU at some point.

As for Gamora casting, personality-wise: think Xena with green skin. You'll be on the right path. (Not fancasting Lawless here, just someone with that kind of Amazonian persona.)
Gina Carano a no go?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #537
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Gina Carano a no go?

She'd do fine in my book. Perfectly Amazonian enough for Gamora.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #538
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I support Gina!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #539
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I want Jensen Ackles for Drax. I just get that vibe.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #540
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I want Jensen Ackles for Drax. I just get that vibe.
I can't see it. He just isn't big enough. As Star Lord, sure. Not Drax.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #541
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Drax doesn't have to be a bodybuilder. I think he can play that whole blood knight anger thing.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #542
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

not sure if this will conflict with Guardians of The Galaxy but Joel Edgerton has entered talks to take a role in Jane's Got A Gun alongside Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender.. this news comes right after he was expected to test for Peter Quill on Monday.. could he be out of the running?

Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #543
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

^Just a hunch, but I'm now betting that Pace has become the frontrunner.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #544
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
likely true.. but Joel might have not even testing just for Quill.. I remember there being talk that he and Bradley Cooper were up for roles in Ant-Man.. Quill could have been a misdirection to have actors test for a bunch of different roles besides Quill.. if Cooper lands an Oscar nomination I'd expect Marvel to pursue very quickly for some sort of role.. Cooper feeling burned by WB over Green Lantern has opted out of DC films.. you might remember Marvel waits until the end of the Oscars before announcing big names to their films...

Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #545
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
not sure if this will conflict with Guardians of The Galaxy but Joel Edgerton has entered talks to take a role in Jane's Got A Gun alongside Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender.. this news comes right after he was expected to test for Peter Quill on Monday.. could he be out of the running?
That was Pace, nowhere did Edgerton or any of the other candidates say they were testing on Monday.

Anyway, JGAG is apparently film early next year (& is a small film), GotG wouldn't be filming until summer, so they wouldn't interfere with eachother.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #546
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
That was Pace, nowhere did Edgerton or any of the other candidates say they were testing on Monday.

Anyway, JGAG is apparently film early next year (& is a small film), GotG wouldn't be filming until summer, so they wouldn't interfere with eachother.
just look back a bit further on the board...Deadline (extremely trusted source) reported Joel, Lee, Jim, Eddie and Jack were testing on Monday..others were just "in the mix".. Pace was the only actor to actually confirm the story with quotes...

Captain America: Winter Soldier is filming State-side..but it's expected as soon as Thor 2 is done in London they'll move in the Guardians production...people have been mentioning Ant-Man would be shooting there next but unlikely with a 2015 release date..

Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #547
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
just look back a bit further on the board...Deadline (extremely trusted source) reported Joel, Lee, Jim, Eddie and Jack were testing on Monday..others were just "in the mix".. Pace was the only actor to actually confirm the story with quotes...
Link? The only Deadline article I see doesn't mention when anyone is testing. Pace is the only one we know that info of and that's because he said it in an interview.

But even so, there's nothing saying Edgerton was somewhere else on Monday. Being in talks for multiple films is nothing new. I'm not seeing the conflict here..?

Quote:
Captain America: Winter Soldier is filming State-side..but it's expected as soon as Thor 2 is done in London they'll move in the Guardians production...people have been mentioning Ant-Man would be shooting there next but unlikely with a 2015 release date..
They'll get rolling on Cap:TWS first, that's been confirmed as a March start date. GotG will follow after, probably start filming in summer, which, again, wouldn't stop Edgerton from doing both as JGAG films early next year, is a small film (meaning shorter shooting schedule), & he won't be the main character.

Also, Ant Mant is not filming next year. Wright is doing The World's End right now and he'll be busy with that until the end of next summer.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...

Last edited by Moridin; 12-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #548
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #549
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

:/ I dont know how to express my sadness that he is probably known primarily as a Twilight character right now.

I've never watched the Twilight movies. But watch The Fall or Pushing Daisies if you care to see him in another light.

A less... sparkly light.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #550
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
likely true.. but Joel might have not even testing just for Quill.. I remember there being talk that he and Bradley Cooper were up for roles in Ant-Man.. Quill could have been a misdirection to have actors test for a bunch of different roles besides Quill.. if Cooper lands an Oscar nomination I'd expect Marvel to pursue very quickly for some sort of role.. Cooper feeling burned by WB over Green Lantern has opted out of DC films.. you might remember Marvel waits until the end of the Oscars before announcing big names to their films...
thats definitely an interesting theory.

Closed Thread