Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #326
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
At the very least, based on the artwork from Superior Spider-Man #6, this seems to suggest that not only do the Avengers realize that the Superior Spider-Man is not Peter Parker, but that Superior Spider-Man won't be Doc Ock pretending to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man either.
Aloha,
There's an interveiw with Steve Wacker on CBR in which he states" Peter is gone." Dan has said repeatedly, Superior Spider-Man is NOT Peter.
Spidey rules-RIP Peter Parker

Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #327
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
There's an interveiw with Steve Wacker on CBR in which he states" Peter is gone." Dan has said repeatedly, Superior Spider-Man is NOT Peter.
Spidey rules-RIP Peter Parker
Yep. He also stated that "Peter Parker fans will sort of fade away over the months and years" and it will be "probably similar to what happened with Ben Reilly back in the day. And fans seem to want him back."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42575

Which really makes think this is part of the hype to build up Superior Spider-Man. Because if he's actually being serious here, not only does this seem counter-productive considering that we're getting the sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man in just 2 years in which Spider-Man is Peter Parker, but couldn't one say that such comments only serve to undermine Marvel's own goals that they set out to make with Peter Parker with OMD/BND?

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #328
Mr. Dent

I don't think Peter has to be in the comics even if the movie features him. Truthfully though I feel like they're just trying to throw us off. I really can't see how they replace Peter in one issue...and don't bring up Avenging 15.1 because they've said that is Superior Spider-Man, so it won't be a set up for him.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #329
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't think Peter has to be in the comics even if the movie features him. Truthfully though I feel like they're just trying to throw us off. I really can't see how they replace Peter in one issue...and don't bring up Avenging 15.1 because they've said that is Superior Spider-Man, so it won't be a set up for him.
In principle, I agree. Even though I hate the "Peter Parker fans will fade away" rubbish, I don't think Marvel has to ape everything the movies do just for the sake of... however their track record says otherwise. I think fans can be forgiven for guessing that might happen.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #330
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Avenging Spider-Man #18 cover by Marco Checchetto

EDIT: Bigger version:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by VenomSpawn; 12-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #331
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I've noticed that they are sometimes drawing the web lines on the mask wrong (according to the new look Superior Spider-Man sketches...)

The cover of the JQ #1 variant has a classic Spidey mask whereas some of the other art has the webs inverted...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...

Last edited by Themanofbat; 12-08-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #332
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
At the very least, based on the artwork from Superior Spider-Man #6, this seems to suggest that not only do the Avengers realize that the Superior Spider-Man is not Peter Parker, but that Superior Spider-Man won't be Doc Ock pretending to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man either.
That's what i'm thinking too, From those interiors it looks like they're viewing him as a sort of problem there

Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #333
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I've noticed that they are sometimes drawing the web lines on the mask wrong (according to the new look Superior Spider-Man sketches...)

The cover of the JQ #1 variant has a classic Spidey mask whereas some of the other art has the webs inverted...
Actually the Quesada cover has the right pattern, it's just upside down.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #334
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

So I just looked over the Wacker interview from yesterday, and this caught my attention:

"The first time you're going to see Superior Spider-Man dealing with more of the Marvel Universe is at the end of "Daredevil" #21 this month."

Daredevil #21 comes out December 19th... so.... does this mean we're going to see the new Spider-Man... before ASM #700 is even out?

Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #335
Themanofbat

Heh heh... wow... what a sales boost for DareDevil #21... though everybody should be reading it...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 12-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #336
Themanofbat

Having said that... I think I'll tuck DD #21 aside for a week... just in case there are spoilers in the issue...

Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #337
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Hey guys, I just noticed a little something peculiar when reading Amazing Spidey volume 1 issue 8, with the Living Brain. Basically, the robot just malfunctioned and was mowing over anything that came in its way. However...

See the living brain here? It's not as if it'll just up and attack Spidey again, especially if it's not the same Spidey. Perhaps there's more to this than we previously expected?

Anyone else see this?

Last edited by Wadaltmon; 12-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #338
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Notice that Peter says that the gold octobot hacked into his brain and rewrote it with Doc Ock's brain patterns, and then did the reverse to Doc Ock. While the issue doesn't actually state it outright, that technically means that Peter is still Peter, only now he literally thinks like Doc Ock and Doc Ock is still Doc Ock only he now literally thinks like Peter, meaning there wasn't a literal swapping of minds. Because brain patterns are not synonymous with a mind.

[/spoiler]
That
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...7&postcount=40
Great minds think alike?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #339
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Really digging the Shocker art. Can't wait to see it coloured.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #340
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Is that a building dedicated to Marla Jameson? We haven't seen that before, have we?

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #341
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Man I love Stegman's art

Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #342
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Wacker's being deliberately provocative. He knows Pete will be Spidey in 10 or 20 years. Peter Parker and Spider-Man are permanently entwined. It's like seperating Batman from Bruce Wayne or Supes from Clark Kent. That will be good for a year or two, but those huge status-quo changes never last. Even Barry Allen came back eventually and I don't think anyone was really clamoring for his return. Wacker's just trying to get headlines so people pick up 700. Peter will be back within 2 years.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #343
THUNDERSTRIKE
HYPNOTIC PSYCHOTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Wacker's being deliberately provocative. He knows Pete will be Spidey in 10 or 20 years. Peter Parker and Spider-Man are permanently entwined. It's like seperating Batman from Bruce Wayne or Supes from Clark Kent. That will be good for a year or two, but those huge status-quo changes never last. Even Barry Allen came back eventually and I don't think anyone was really clamoring for his return. Wacker's just trying to get headlines so people pick up 700. Peter will be back within 2 years.
absolutely and without a doubt...

there will always be pretenders to the throne every so often to give that different flavor to the character, but in the long run, Peter Parker ain't goin' ANYWHERE...

no other character has ever been or ever WILL be the one true definitive Spider-Man...

DON'T KID YOURSELF... NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO.

QUANDO PODECES TE REGI EORUM FECERUNT?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #344
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

The one thing that separates Peter from the rest of the pack is that the character of Peter has to deal with it more often than the Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent characters.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #345
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Anyone picking up the Superior Spider-Man #1 poster this week? I'm hoping I can go grab it on Wednesday.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #346
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Anyone picking up the Superior Spider-Man #1 poster this week? I'm hoping I can go grab it on Wednesday.
My store arent doing it :/ I am getting the Morbius one though

Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #347
Themanofbat

I'd LOVE to get that Morbius poster...

Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #348
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Just read the preview for Superior Spider-Man #1 in Avengers Arena and one thing it confirms is...

The new Spidey isn't Peter Parker, for sure. And that the new Spidey does have his spider-sense, so it can't be Connors, Harry Osborn, Norman, Miguel, etc. Consider me a bit disappointed.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #349
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I'd LOVE to get that Morbius poster...
Tbh i dont even know what it looks like as i havent seen any previews (if you have any please post) I just want it because morbius is one of my top 5 characters

Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #350
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Just read the preview for Superior Spider-Man #1 in Avengers Arena and one thing it confirms is...

The new Spidey isn't Peter Parker, for sure. And that the new Spidey does have his spider-sense, so it can't be Connors, Harry Osborn, Norman, Miguel, etc. Consider me a bit disappointed.
Who says that technology can't duplicate something similar...?

#saveWontkinsMom
Closed Thread