The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #826
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

No. The reaction to this one mirrors Dark Knight's exactly. But hey, believe what you want to believe. Keep thinking that the internet is full of folks with impeccable taste and people who don't go out of their way to troll and elicit reactions out of others with contrarian opinions.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #827
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Are they top ten lists voted by thousands of people?
So this "trend" of people who are let down filled with thousands of people too?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #828
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah sure they are. Any website that has lots of Rises haters must be irrelevant. There goes half the net then heh.
No. It's irrelevant because it looks like a garbage website.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #829
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Yeah sure they are. Any website that has lots of Rises haters must be irrelevant. There goes half the net then heh.
Indeed. Because that's EXACTLY what he was saying.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #830
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
No. The reaction to this one mirrors Dark Knight's exactly. But hey, believe what you want to believe. Keep thinking that the internet is full of folks with impeccable taste and people who don't go out of their way to troll and elicit reactions out of others with contrarian opinions.
Ta I will. I like to believe in the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So this "trend" of people who are let down filled with thousands of people too?
Yup. Otherwise it ain't a trend unless ya have the numbers. Remember the awesome Avatar analogy we did a while ago mon ami? Yup it made a ton of money. Yup it got good critic rating. But ya had tons and tons of people slamming the living hell out of it.

Rises is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
No. It's irrelevant because it looks like a garbage website.
Heh so the way the website looks means on the opinions there are irrelevant.

You're a card, Orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Indeed. Because that's EXACTLY what he was saying.
Thank you.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #831
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Yup. Otherwise it ain't a trend unless ya have the numbers. Remember the awesome Avatar analogy we did a while ago mon ami? Yup it made a ton of money. Yup it got good critic rating. But ya had tons and tons of people slamming the living hell out of it.

Rises is the same.
Show me these numbers of who hates TDKR.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #832
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Show me these numbers of who hates TDKR.
Oh sure I'll just go and count 'em up for ya and report back with a total. Ya doing anything for Xmas 2015? I should have 'em by then hahaha.

Maybe ya can lend me a hand. I saw ya complaining about legions of haters on CBM yup? Start counting 'em over there first.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #833
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Thank you.
Sorry, was being sarcastic actually (should've added a smiley). I think it was pretty clear in Agent Orange's post that he was saying that a website which goes to extreme lengths to make their appreciation of one franchise clear and their hate towards another clear as well does not deserve to be taken seriously because they're clearly biased.

No where does he imply that people who don't like TDKR are irrelevant (only 'extremists' such as the ones on that website). Being a critic of TDKR who probably considers that anyone who likes TDKR automatically looks down on anyone who doesn't like it though, I'm not surprised you saw something that wasn't there. Do I hear 'conjecture'?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #834
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Sorry, was being sarcastic actually (should've added a smiley).
I knew ya were being sarcastic. Ya are a big Rises supporter who was complaining about the haters a while ago, too. I remember ya.

Quote:
I think it was pretty clear in Agent Orange's post that he was saying that a website which goes to extreme lengths to make their appreciation of one franchise clear and their hate towards another clear as well does not deserve to be taken seriously because they're clearly biased.
Yup I know what he was saying he was accusing 'em all of being biased haters of all DC and he also said the website looks like a garbage website hahaha.

Two of the weakest reasons ever. Accusing people of bias and slagging off a website design. Heh.

Quote:
Being a critic of TDKR who probably considers that anyone who likes TDKR automatically looks down on anyone who doesn't like it though, I'm not surprised you saw something that wasn't there. Do I hear 'conjecture'?
Dunno what ya are going on about here. Who are ya even talking about? Who considers all of that?

Last edited by Fudgie; 12-10-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #835
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Oh sure I'll just go and count 'em up for ya and report back with a total. Ya doing anything for Xmas 2015? I should have 'em by then hahaha.

Maybe ya can lend me a hand. I saw ya complaining about legions of haters on CBM yup? Start counting 'em over there first.
Sure...the page I am speaking on...

38 plus the 56 on your little poll.

Okay, I completed my end of it.

But...Xmas 2015...pretty sure I won't be doing anything unless I have a kid by then but I sure hope not, haha.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #836
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Sure...the page I am speaking on...

38 plus the 56 on your little poll.

Okay, I completed my end of it.
Oh ya were complaining about a poll on there were ya? There was me thinking ya were talking about actual comments and not a poll number when ya said this. http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=391

Hahaha ya consider 38 votes a huge amount of hate?

You're a card.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #837
Ryan
Side-Kick

Wonder if anyone thought the entire trilogy was perfect. Haven't read every post obviously but a lot that oved TDKR weren't fond of Begins and those that were fond of Begins weren't a fan of TDKR. Only one that most seem to agree on is their love of TDK.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #838
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
I knew ya were being sarcastic. Ya are a big Rises supporter who was complaining about the haters a while ago, too. I remember ya.
'Why grandma, what good memory you have!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie
Dunno what ya are going on about here. Who are ya even talking about? Who considers all of that?
Oh, don't play dumb. You immediately responded to a poster, accusing him of looking down on TDKR critics, even though they weren't mentioned anywhere in his post.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #839
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
'Why grandma, what good memory you have!'
Heh ta. I've always been good with names and faces.

Quote:
Oh, don't play dumb. You immediately responded to a poster, accusing him of looking down on TDKR critics, even though they weren't mentioned anywhere in his post.
Hey hey hey don't turn trollish by accusing me of playing dumb. He said 'CBM.com is irrelevant. They seem to worship the new crop of Marvel films and don't have time for anything else'.

He was accusing 'em of bias just cos they prefer Marvel's stuff, and when ya look at the latest DC stuff what the heck is there to praise? Green Lantern? Jonah Hex?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #840
Big Green
Side-Kick

I don't really want to jump in on this fight, but I think people's expectations got blown way out of proportion for TDKR. TDK was a good movie, but got hyped to a new level when Heath died. It went from being a comic book movie to Heath's last performance. While he was good in TDK it wasn't that great of an overall movie. It would have been considered on the same level as Begins and TDKR if it weren't for that. His death made the general public interested in the films. You had to "see" TDK because his death peaked everyone's interest, there was no possible way that TDKR could live up to that in most peoples' eyes. You will continue to have people who swear by TDK as great filmmaking, but it's not. Just like TDKR isn't great either. They are both solid films, but you have to take them for what they are. Overhyped to the max.

Haters are gonna hate, and like someone said, people especially on the Internet will just troll people because they can.

I would be interesting to see what the response to TDK would have been if not for the tragedy of Heath, and also as someone who lives in Colorado, the response that TDKR would have received not for the shooting by a guy trying to be "Joker".

Sorry everyone, just had to say my peace.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #841
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Hey hey hey don't turn trollish by accusing me of playing dumb. He said 'CBM.com is irrelevant. They seem to worship the new crop of Marvel films and don't have time for anything else'.

He was accusing 'em of bias just cos they prefer Marvel's stuff, and when ya look at the latest DC stuff what the heck is there to praise? Green Lantern? Jonah Hex?
I get that. But I just don't see how that implies that he said what you claimed he said. Was the initial quote of his you responded to from a longer message where he had mentioned beforehand something along the lines you were claiming he said?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #842
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Oh ya were complaining about a poll on there were ya? There was me thinking ya were talking about actual comments and not a poll number when ya said this. http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=391

Hahaha ya consider 38 votes a huge amount of hate?

You're a card.
I'm...not speaking on a poll.

Did you want me to actually SHOW you every comment?

Color me confused, especially with you calling me a card

Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #843
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup I know what he was saying he was accusing 'em all of being biased haters of all DC and he also said the website looks like a garbage website hahaha.

Two of the weakest reasons ever. Accusing people of bias and slagging off a website design. Heh.
No. That's not what I was implying at all and you completely missed the point.

Look, I know that this movie hurt your little feelings (or something) but I think that you need to take a break from talking about it before you have a stroke. Obsession is a bad, bad thing.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #844
Greens
Dude

Quote:
I'm...not speaking on a poll.

Did you want me to actually SHOW you every comment?

Color me confused, especially with you calling me a card
You're a freaking card

Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #845
Victarion
Cut

Your daily reminder that you are all pandering to the comics or Nolan. :trollface:

Old 12-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #846
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Why is such a trollish behavior allowed ?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #847
The Bat
Jim Lee Fanatic

I absolutely LOVE Batman Begins & The Dark Knight...and I absolutely HATED TDKR!!

At first Nolan seem to understand the character. Then in the last movie it was like he forgot everything...WTF??! At the end of Batman Begins there's a scene at the end of the movie that showed me that Nolan "gets it"! The scene was at Bruce's destroyed mansion, when Rachel tells Bruce "and then I saw your true face". Bruce says "Batman is only a symbol". She touches his face and says..."no Bruce, this is your mask, your true face is the one that Gotham's criminals now fear."
And that the key to the character....he IS BATMAN! There is no Bruce Wayne. She said she kept waiting for the day when Bruce Wayne would come back...but he never did.

And that's what Nolan forgot in "Rises". At the beginning of the movie Batman has quit for 7 years because of the death of Rachel? If anything...her death would have only added fuel to the fire of the REAL Batman! He would have gone after criminals with even more of a vengeance than before...not quit and hide in his mansion!?How did Nolan lose touch so badly with character in his 3rd movie? And at the end Batman retires? Again...WTF??

Not to mention Batman is hardly in his own movie...they should have called it "Bane". Batman only appears at the beginning...and at the end. Sad.

I'm the biggest Batman fan there is...and I won't ever own TDKR! Not even if I saw it on Bluray in the $4.99 bin.

End of rant.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #848
CJ
Derpy Derp

I agree and disagree with your comments, The Bat.

I agree that, once Bruce's parents died, Batman was born, and Bruce Wayne became the mask. Nolan got that right. But totally forgot that in TDKR.

However, I don't have a problem with Bruce retiring as Batman after the events of The Dark Knight. He's human. He's only been Batman for a year. The death of a childhood friend and long-time love? I can believe Batman quitting for that.

The key thing is, Bruce is lost without Batman. Like Alfred said in TDKR: "You're alive, but you're not really living" All he does is mope around Wayne manor, hiding in his bedroom. Not to mention, his physical appearance has deteriorated. He hasn't shaved in who knows how long, he hasn't had a haircut, and he walks around in raggy clothes.

But when he decides to become the Batman again, he cleans up his act. He fails, but he comes back, and in the end, is triumphant. There should have been some sort of epiphany that Gotham will always needs the Batman, and Bruce himself will always need the Batman too. (Maybe they could've put a flashback to the speech you mentioned by Rachel in Batman Begins?)

Rachel was the emotional core of the series, and I'm really disappointed with how they "swept her under the rug" so to speak in this film. Bruce mopes about her for a bit, then meets Talia, forgets all about Rachel so he can have sex with Talia, and in the end, runs off with some thief that he barely knows, who left him for dead.

IMO, Ra's pointless cameo should have been replaced with a cameo by Rachel. I'm not saying her ghost should visit him, but maybe it all just happens in Bruce's head, he imagines himself talking to her. Imagines her telling him that Bruce is the mask, and Batman is who he is. Not to give up.

She was the moral fiber of the series, and I think part of her character, her sense of right and wrong, played a part in shaping Batman mentally. So it's really a shame her character did not shine in this film, the finale to a series she played such a big role in.

But of course, fanboys don't care. Rachel wasn't in the comics, making her a worthless character, and anything she contributed to the movies is null and void.

Who cares about Rachel's character development with Bruce in two whole movies?
Just shoehorn sexy Selina Kyle in there smooching it up with Batman, and the fanboys will be pleased and start talking about Oscars.

Sonic Boom
This Fall on Cartoon Network

Last edited by CJ; 12-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #849
JawZ270589
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
I absolutely LOVE Batman Begins & The Dark Knight...and I absolutely HATED TDKR!!

At first Nolan seem to understand the character. Then in the last movie it was like he forgot everything...WTF??! At the end of Batman Begins there's a scene at the end of the movie that showed me that Nolan "gets it"! The scene was at Bruce's destroyed mansion, when Rachel tells Bruce "and then I saw your true face". Bruce says "Batman is only a symbol". She touches his face and says..."no Bruce, this is your mask, your true face is the one that Gotham's criminals now fear."
And that the key to the character....he IS BATMAN! There is no Bruce Wayne. She said she kept waiting for the day when Bruce Wayne would come back...but he never did.

And that's what Nolan forgot in "Rises". At the beginning of the movie Batman has quit for 7 years because of the death of Rachel? If anything...her death would have only added fuel to the fire of the REAL Batman! He would have gone after criminals with even more of a vengeance than before...not quit and hide in his mansion!?How did Nolan lose touch so badly with character in his 3rd movie? And at the end Batman retires? Again...WTF??

Not to mention Batman is hardly in his own movie...they should have called it "Bane". Batman only appears at the beginning...and at the end. Sad.

I'm the biggest Batman fan there is...and I won't ever own TDKR! Not even if I saw it on Bluray in the $4.99 bin.

End of rant.
Bruce Wayne also retired twice in the comics right? Gone for a while, come back as Batman, and retired.
Especially in one of the best graphic novels ever made.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #850
uniqueweasel
Don't Drink and Bake

Biggest gripe with TDKR is simply my bat-fanboyism, that you just don't get to see enough Batman, I get the whole it's all part of the story yadda yadda, but thats fine just call it The Bruce Wayne Rises then

Closed Thread