The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
MessenjahMatt

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

My TV must suck (it does) because the audio crackles on Bane's terrible "fixed" voice-over in the prologue. Annoying. Everything past the prologue is perfection though.

I'm still shocked that shot of Catwoman riding the Batpod for the first time wasn't filmed in IMAX. Is there a reason behind that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
How did that effect the disc unless it scratched the unscratchable coating on the disc?
Oops, nobody told me it was unscratchable.

:oldrazz: Cleaned it and it works fine now, yay

Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt View Post
Oops, nobody told me it was unscratchable.

Cleaned it and it works fine now, yay
Well played.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I have now watched the movie on Bluray four times now, damn it's that good which is more times than I can say for The Avengers and Spider-Man.

The acting, the music it just all blends so well, just the scene with Bruce and Alfred in the mansion hallways deserves to be in an Oscar clip of some sort.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I have now watched the movie on Bluray four times now, damn it's that good which is more times than I can say for The Avengers and Spider-Man.
Quoted for Truth.

Quote:
The acting, the music it just all blends so well, just the scene with Bruce and Alfred in the mansion hallways deserves to be in an Oscar clip of some sort.
Great scene, Bale and Caine gave one hell of performance there.

Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
Ant-LOX
Bathman

I'm absorbing the bonus features. Now I know for sure that the Bat Pod can't turn on a dime, like I thought it could for the past 4 years.

I still love the scenes though, and even standing 1 foot away from it when it came here on tour, I still held the glimmer of hope that it was possible.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I watched all the extras yesterday and while I'm impressed I feel there could of been a lot more. The batmobile doc was great, especially after just going to the tumbler tour myself.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
mongoose-mania
Gentleman

I've yet to buy TDKR because I don't know which version to get. I was thinking of getting the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, but now I see Wal-Mart has an exclusive 2-disc DVD edition that's a bit cheaper. Does anyone know anything about it?

mongoose-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
CJ
Derpy Derp

I'm curious about the 2-disc version myself.

I noticed the standard 1-disc DVD comes with 'The Journey of Bruce Wayne' special feature.

On the 2-disc set, it says it has 'Ending the Knight' documentary, 'Witness all 5 Batmobiles' special feature and some trailers. But it doesn't mention 'The Journey of Bruce Wayne' special feature which is included on the 1-disc edition.

Did they pull 'The Journey of Bruce Wayne' special feature from the 1st disc? =\ Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose-mania View Post
I've yet to buy TDKR because I don't know which version to get. I was thinking of getting the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, but now I see Wal-Mart has an exclusive 2-disc DVD edition that's a bit cheaper. Does anyone know anything about it?
From what I've read elsewhere that 2-disc set is a Walmart exclusive and it's basically all the features that the Bluray has
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ
On the 2-disc set, it says it has 'Ending the Knight' documentary, 'Witness all 5 Batmobiles' special feature and some trailers. But it doesn't mention 'The Journey of Bruce Wayne' special feature which is included on the 1-disc edition.

Did they pull 'The Journey of Bruce Wayne' special feature from the 1st disc? =\ Wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Not sure about that.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
mongoose-mania
Gentleman

Alright, I did some research, and it does look like the Wal-mart exclusive has the same features as the Blu-ray. Pertaining to the Bruce Wayne feature, I've yet to find out if it's on there or not.

mongoose-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I love my steel book from best buy I just wish the special features had more meat on the bone.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
akfj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Alright, I did some research, and it does look like the Wal-mart exclusive has the same features as the Blu-ray. Pertaining to the Bruce Wayne feature, I've yet to find out if it's on there or not.
I have it, and yes it does. It has the Bruce Wayne feature, too.

Last edited by akfj; 12-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
kguillou
Side-Kick

So according "special discount offer" in the trilogy boxset, its looking like the Ultimate Trilogy set next year will pretty much be the boxset plus collectible memoribilia. Probably prop replicas and a new, cool-looking case. I'm not betting on any actual extra features on the movies themselves though.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
So according "special discount offer" in the trilogy boxset, its looking like the Ultimate Trilogy set next year will pretty much be the boxset plus collectible memoribilia. Probably prop replicas and a new, cool-looking case. I'm not betting on any actual extra features on the movies themselves though.
There has to be something else. Memoribilia and a new case will only get so many sales however that one sticker that says "never before seen special features" or "never before seen footage" will bump it up dramatically.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I highly doubt the Ultimate Edition will be the same as the current bare bones version they're offering. Warners are smart enough to know they're going to make a ton more money on it.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Yeah, It'll probably be in line with the ultimate editions, or even the wizard's collection of the HP movies. Hopefully, however, it doesn't turn out crap like the wizard's collection. Seriously, 19 copies of the movies?

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
Spoonman
Side-Kick

Quote:
From what I've read elsewhere that 2-disc set is a Walmart exclusive and it's basically all the features that the Bluray has

Not sure about that.
It's not. I own the Blu-Ray Steelbook from Best Buy which is also a two disc set (three if you count the DVD disc) that includes all of the already mentioned features. Ending the Knight, Journey of Bruce Wayne, Batmobile stuff and all that.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
Happy Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
I'm getting the Best Buy steelbook myself. It has the best box art at least.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
It's not. I own the Blu-Ray Steelbook from Best Buy which is also a two disc set (three if you count the DVD disc) that includes all of the already mentioned features. Ending the Knight, Journey of Bruce Wayne, Batmobile stuff and all that.
Yeah that's what I meant, the 2-disc DVD with all features is an exclusive to Walmart, but they also have a single disc DVD available too at Walmart, Best Buy, Target.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #22
Spoonman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah that's what I meant, the 2-disc DVD with all features is an exclusive to Walmart, but they also have a single disc DVD available too at Walmart, Best Buy, Target.
Oh my bad! All clear now

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #23
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Yeah i have high hopes for the Ultimate Edition when that comes out. The special features for TDK were underwhelming to me for the movie it was.

I can picture something a lot bigger for the whole trilogy's specials.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
JackWhite
Third Man

I'm glad some of you guys are keeping the hope alive for the ultimate box set. I'm not exactly holding my breath, so someone has to!

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

If the "Ultimate Editions" of the movies ever come to fruition I hope that they have commentary tracks. Chris Nolan doesn't like doing them but maybe they could convince Goyer and Jonathan Nolan to record them. Jonah always provides good insight whenever he talks about the movies.

Agent Orange is offline   Reply With Quote