The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #826
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

What you just said was just speculation. There's no 'facts' here, man. Again, why would Mace return? And he's not a great character. He got some attention because was...Sam Mother Fer Jackson.

If Christopher Lee or Jake Lloyd was asked if they wanted to be in the new trilogy, and they said yes, even if it's impossible, impractical, contrived or not even likely, I can image a small bunch of fans trying to intensely explain their return. While it's fun and all, let's be a little realistic here...Are we serving these actors because of publicity or do we want to serve the story and make it good. Let's not go "How can we fit so-and-son into the movie' because that was one of the many faults of the PT.

Jimmy Smits even through his hat in, and I was like "Come On!". The only actor I can think of who is open to return is Ewan McGregor. I can only see him returning as an old Obi-Wan in make-up due to the fact that Alec is gone.

Last edited by Octoberist; 12-10-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #827
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Jimmy Smits Bail Organa would be a million pieces.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #828
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
What you just said was just speculation. There's no 'facts' here, man. Again, why would Mace return? And he's not a great character. He got some attention because was...Sam Mother Fer Jackson.

If Christopher Lee or Jake Lloyd was asked if they wanted to be in the new trilogy, and they said yes, even if it's impossible, impractical, contrived or not even likely, I can image a small bunch of fans trying to intensely explain their return. While it's fun and all, let's be a little realistic here...Are we serving these actors because of publicity or do we want to serve the story and make it good. Let's not go "How can we fit so-and-son into the movie' because that was one of the many faults of the PT.

Jimmy Smits even through his hat in, and I was like "Come On!". The only actor I can think of who is open to return is Ewan McGregor. I can only see him returning as an old Obi-Wan in make-up due to the fact that Alec is gone.
I never did say they were facts. Its pure speculation the same as those speculating he was hit by speeders and killed. We didnt see him die. We saw him flung out a window. That is all we saw. That doesn't mean he is dead. We all thought darth maul was dead but he wasnt. Unless we actually see someone die they arent 100% dead, and even then in this universe they can still return.

Also jake loyd cant return because Hayden is Anikan's force ghost and we DID actually see Dooku die and because he is a sith he cant possibly come back as a force ghost. Mace's character has room to return if they wish to do so.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 12-10-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #829
Octoberist
point blank

I was being facetious about Jake Lloyd and Lee. My point was that if they wanted to return and publicized it, there will be support from a group of fans no matter how irrational it is.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #830
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was being facetious about Jake Lloyd and Lee. My point was that if they wanted to return and publicized it, there will be support from a group of fans no matter how irrational it is.
Oh very true but I wouldnt be one of them because in most cases it is irrational or has no grounds, but in this case if a director wanted to bring the character back there is room to do so.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 12-10-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #831
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Oh very true but I wouldnt be one of them because in most cases it is irrational or has no grounds, but in this case if a director wanted to bring the character back there is room to do so.
"Jake Lloyd could come back, because another vergence in the force coems up, because I don't read the novels and think that it just happened. so when it happens, it just happens to come out like another Anakin, because its the prophecy repeating itself to try and work better this time!"

Yeah...I can see someone out there defending something like that. Even as a prequel defender for the most part, I couldn't take BS like that. I remember back in my SW fan fiction days, reading a story where the Force revived an Episode 3 era Anakin during Luke's middle aged days because of a rise of the Sith or something, and despite being well written, any justification like this to bring back a charcter completely established dead I feel is stupid. And I'm not a fan of the clone idea either, because if it is an Anakin clone, it IS NOT Anakin (it might be Annaakin though ), and its a cheap way out.

H.E.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #832
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
"Jake Lloyd could come back, because another vergence in the force coems up, because I don't read the novels and think that it just happened. so when it happens, it just happens to come out like another Anakin, because its the prophecy repeating itself to try and work better this time!"

Yeah...I can see someone out there defending something like that. Even as a prequel defender for the most part, I couldn't take BS like that. I remember back in my SW fan fiction days, reading a story where the Force revived an Episode 3 era Anakin during Luke's middle aged days because of a rise of the Sith or something, and despite being well written, any justification like this to bring back a charcter completely established dead I feel is stupid. And I'm not a fan of the clone idea either, because if it is an Anakin clone, it IS NOT Anakin (it might be Annaakin though ), and its a cheap way out.
Anikan needs to stay dead. His sacrifice is the climax of ROTJ. Its a bit less dramatic and climactic if he pops up alive again. As a force ghost I can handle that, but that would mean more Hayden and Id rather not taint the new trilogy or the future franchise with that.

H.E.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #833
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

I can see you guys are getting bent out of shape over Samjack saying he'd love some more of that.

Besides the obvious(what do you want, an autopsy?) he's probably not coming back because he's got something that year. It's just his wishful thinking, let it go.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #834
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Id like for him to come back. He could come back as a force ghost.
Mace would be the last Jedi to be able to become a ghost. He was the epitome of the Order's decadence (that's why he's such an important character in the OR erA) and if he ever mastered the secret of immortality, we might as well make a Force Ghost club with a monthly fee. Vader/Anakin having made is already stretching it.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #835
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I don't see Mace returning. He was basically the second-in command of the Jedi, there's no way he wouldn't try to help the Rebels out.
His fellow Jedi were killed, Anakin cut off his hand/arm and he was fried with electricity and tossed out a window...I think that MIGHT change his view on things.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #836
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Mace would be the last Jedi to be able to become a ghost. He was the epitome of the Order's decadence (that's why he's such an important character in the OR erA) and if he ever mastered the secret of immortality, we might as well make a Force Ghost club with a monthly fee. Vader/Anakin having made is already stretching it.
Actually Im expecting many more force ghosts in the franchise. Yoda taught Obiwan about it and how to become one with the force and he in-turn taught Luke who is now the leader of the Jedi order so I would say Luke is spreading that knowledge among his pupils.

H.E.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #837
Octoberist
point blank

Anyway, no news on the director's front. I guess I'll let Star Trek have their day in the sun.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #838
Superman Prime

Quote:
Anyway, no news on the director's front. I guess I'll let Star Trek have their day in the sun.
The production of that movie was more guarded than Roswell. "We're going to make a sequel, we promise"... silent for like three years... BAM, a trailer, what do you know.

Last edited by Superman Prime; 12-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #839
Superman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Maul got cut in half and fell down a ridiculously deep shaft and they managed to bring him. Mace could have probably managed to hold onto one of the speeders you mentioned.

Not that I'm saying he is alive or I want him alive, but if they managed to bring Maul back, Mace being alive isn't that far fetched.
Quote:
Anikan demonstrated in AOTC that you can fall and navigate through coruscant traffic. And we dont even know if where he fell was a traffic lane.
"I've already drank one big bottle of vodka, why not another?"

Alcohol poisoning. That's why.

Last edited by Superman Prime; 12-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #840
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Another reason for Mace not coming back. If he somehow survived the fall & was still running around the galaxy, I'm sure a certain Bounty Hunter would have gotten his revenge on Windu.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #841
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
I can see you guys are getting bent out of shape over Samjack saying he'd love some more of that.

Besides the obvious(what do you want, an autopsy?) he's probably not coming back because he's got something that year. It's just his wishful thinking, let it go.
Who says he'd have to return in Episode 7? It could be 8 or 9, after TA2.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #842
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Actually Im expecting many more force ghosts in the franchise. Yoda taught Obiwan about it and how to become one with the force and he in-turn taught Luke who is now the leader of the Jedi order so I would say Luke is spreading that knowledge among his pupils.
That is an entirely different story. I don't necessarily disagree, but we'll have to see how they handle it.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #843
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Another reason for Mace not coming back. If he somehow survived the fall & was still running around the galaxy, I'm sure a certain Bounty Hunter would have gotten his revenge on Windu.
Except Boba is dead

Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #844
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Nope Boba escaped the Sarlacc pit.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #845
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Except Boba is dead
You lie!!!!!!

H.E.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #846
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except Boba is dead
lol

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #847
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Except Boba is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Nope Boba escaped the Sarlacc pit.
Isn't the "Boba is dead/alive" thing just like the Mace thing?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #848
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Except Boba is dead
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #849
Fives
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
That is an entirely different story. I don't necessarily disagree, but we'll have to see how they handle it.
Yeah, I don't think Luke would teach that ability to just any, and all Jedi. I think he'd only teach that to his most trusted Jedi pupils.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #850
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Isn't the "Boba is dead/alive" thing just like the Mace thing?
No. Expanded Universe has clearly shown that Boba alive, I even think Lucas considers it canon. EU hasn't shown Windu post-ROTS.